[1.2.x] Aviator Arsenal - World War 2 aircraft weaponry (v1.3)

tetryds

6 hours ago, Daniel Prates said:

Great fan of  the mod. Have been having 'mono.dll violation' issues since 1.3. 

So is this confirmed? Using the latest  version, meant for 1.2.x, will work on 1.3 if you kill the 'trumpet' part? 

Working fine on 1.3 for me, I just deleted the trumpet folder and haven't encountered any problems whatsoever.

Have you found any good WW2 wing mods? Airplanes Plus is good for engines but I haven't found any really good wings, either the models aren't very WW2 like or the textures are rubbish. I've resorted to making mine own at the moment, currently modelling wings and an engine for a Hawker Typhoon :confused:

8 hours ago, ElCapitan said:

Have you found any good WW2 wing mods? Airplanes Plus is good for engines but I haven't found any really good wings, either the models aren't very WW2 like or the textures are rubbish. I've resorted to making mine own at the moment, currently modelling wings and an engine for a Hawker Typhoon :confused:

In ckan you find two "procedural wings". One of them,  i dont quite remeber which,  has a procedural one that looks 1940s-ish. It has a round cross section to it that reaembles old wings. The problem with it is that it has an option to leave a control surface sitch either open or closed (you can place an aileron there and it looks very nice),  which would be great,  but whichever way you configure it in the SPH,  it will come out differently in launch. 

1 hour ago, Daniel Prates said:

In ckan you find two "procedural wings". One of them,  i dont quite remeber which,  has a procedural one that looks 1940s-ish. It has a round cross section to it that reaembles old wings. The problem with it is that it has an option to leave a control surface sitch either open or closed (you can place an aileron there and it looks very nice),  which would be great,  but whichever way you configure it in the SPH,  it will come out differently in launch. 

I'll take a look, thanks! It's annoying that, as I understand it, KSP rotates parts rather than mirroring them; in order to get a wing to have the correct cross section I'm having to create both left and righthand models and entries, which isn't exactly loads of hassle but it does make the process longer than it needs to be - it's not too much of a difficult process though:

T0aBjiK.png

Edited by ElCapitan

1 hour ago, ElCapitan said:

I'll take a look, thanks! It's annoying that, as I understand it, KSP rotates parts rather than mirroring them; in order to get a wing to have the correct cross section I'm having to create both left and righthand models and entries, which isn't exactly loads of hassle but it does make the process longer than it needs to be - it's not too much of a difficult process though:

T0aBjiK.png

This is amazing, loving the Typhoon/Tempest look here. Are you planning to release this??

12 minutes ago, MightyDarkStar said:

This is amazing, loving the Typhoon/Tempest look here. Are you planning to release this??

Thanks :D I'm hoping to, I'd like to make a variety of wings and other parts which will complement this mod and Airplanes Plus but I'll see how this Typhoon turns out as I'm teaching myself as I go haha. 

1 hour ago, ElCapitan said:

Thanks :D I'm hoping to, I'd like to make a variety of wings and other parts which will complement this mod and Airplanes Plus but I'll see how this Typhoon turns out as I'm teaching myself as I go haha. 

I'm looking forward to that Sabre engine as well, is there a possibility you could make a Merlin and Griffon later down the line? Some Spitfire and 109 wings would be amazing as well, but I feel like I'm already asking the world of you :D

7 minutes ago, MightyDarkStar said:

I'm looking forward to that Sabre engine as well, is there a possibility you could make a Merlin and Griffon later down the line? Some Spitfire and 109 wings would be amazing as well, but I feel like I'm already asking the world of you :D

I was planning on doing the elliptical Spit wings next actually! The 109's are a must have too. Feel free to suggest whatever you like, warbirds are a fave of mine and I'd like to see as many in game as possible.

47 minutes ago, ElCapitan said:

I was planning on doing the elliptical Spit wings next actually! The 109's are a must have too. Feel free to suggest whatever you like, warbirds are a fave of mine and I'd like to see as many in game as possible.

It seems we share an interest!

FINE I'LL UPDATE THIS MOD.

Heh :P

First check the pull request with the fixes then add the MM patch to the parts.

@ElCapitan nice wings.

Have you tried b9 pwings before? It doesn't have smooth corners but you can work around that quite easily.

Edited by tetryds

1 hour ago, tetryds said:

@ElCapitan nice wings.

Have you tried b9 pwings before? It doesn't have smooth corners but you can work around that quite easily.

Thanks man :)

I've got B9 wings but they just don't do this mod and AP justice, everything is modelled so nicely I'd like some better wings to match!

11 hours ago, ElCapitan said:

T0aBjiK.png

I like that typhoon-like engine. Where is it from? Also... did I understand correctly, that you made that wing? Why don't you try to use any of the already-proven 'procedural wings' as a start and create your own wing mod?

6 hours ago, tetryds said:

@ElCapitan nice wings.

First things first: YEEEAAAYYY, do update it! 

Secondly: yes, the one I was talking about is indeed from b9pw. The issue with those wings, to me at least, is that flap slot/recession. In the SPH you can turn it either on or off. But whatever you do on the SPH, it comes out the opposite when actually launching. Does anybody else suffers from that problem? Yeah I know, probably best argued in  the actual mod's thread, but since we're on the subject....

Oh btw: if 'arsenal' is getting an update, some other turret choices would be welcome, but you know what we are really missing? Glazed blisters, canopys, noses and such. They don't even have to possess a IVA or even a placeholder for that matter: it suffices to do some parts that already existis (say, a nose cone), and do a windowy, glazed texture version of it. They would go a long way towards making our planes look more 40s-ish.

I just meant I will make the weapons work and apply balances provided by the community, I don't have time nor skill to make new weapons myself :P

Even if someone else wants to make new weapons that fit AA's visuals, balancing would be a problem and I don't have time to balance a new weapon by myself.

9 minutes ago, Daniel Prates said:

I like that typhoon-like engine. Where is it from? Also... did I understand correctly, that you made that wing? Why don't you try to use any of the already-proven 'procedural wings' as a start and create your own wing mod?

I think the engine is supposed to be a merlin, possibly from the Firespitter mod - I made the rad intake whilst following tutorials on modelling and how to get parts into the game, hence the borked texture. Once I've got the wings sorted out I'll make an engine based on the Napier Sabre and have the intake all as one unit. I'm hoping I can create an engine noise close the the real thing because they were absolute beasts and sadly there aren't loads of recordings knocking about. The problem with the wing mods I've found is that the wings have to be perfectly symmetrical to mirror properly and they don't look nice enough for me. I've set mine up so you've got a central fuselage piece and nodes which the additional sections of the wings attach to. There are drawbacks to doing it this way but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make in order to have nicer looking wings :)

16 minutes ago, ElCapitan said:

I think the engine is supposed to be a merlin, possibly from the Firespitter mod - I made the rad intake whilst following tutorials on modelling and how to get parts into the game, hence the borked texture. Once I've got the wings sorted out I'll make an engine based on the Napier Sabre and have the intake all as one unit. I'm hoping I can create an engine noise close the the real thing because they were absolute beasts and sadly there aren't loads of recordings knocking about. The problem with the wing mods I've found is that the wings have to be perfectly symmetrical to mirror properly and they don't look nice enough for me. I've set mine up so you've got a central fuselage piece and nodes which the additional sections of the wings attach to. There are drawbacks to doing it this way but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make in order to have nicer looking wings :)

Got it. Kudos,  it must be a lot of work!

Due to my lack of experience it's a lot of trial and error, I spent ages today looking up and figuring out how attachment nodes work so the sections of the wing just snap together correctly in the SPH :rolleyes: I'd like to get the wings finished between now and next weekend (including landing gear and ailerons)...work and girlfriend permitting :confused:

oitx57U.png

50 minutes ago, ElCapitan said:

Due to my lack of experience it's a lot of trial and error, I spent ages today looking up and figuring out how attachment nodes work so the sections of the wing just snap together correctly in the SPH :rolleyes: I'd like to get the wings finished between now and next weekend (including landing gear and ailerons)...work and girlfriend permitting :confused:

oitx57U.png

This could evolve into a wings mod. 

Maybe you even wouldn't have to make too many of them. 3 or 4 perhaps. The great thing is, combined with 'tweak scale', just a few wings could be configured to generante hundreds of possibilities. 

We would need only an elliptical type, (spit and h111) a davies type (b24), and couple of standard generic designes like the ones you find in the zero/betty etc. If tweaking their sizes/fuel capacity was possible (and tweak scale does just that), there's no limit to what could be designed!

5 hours ago, ColonelVInnie said:

There used to be a procedural wings mod. Wish someone could get that working, doesn't tweak anymore for me, so my planes are all using stocks.

B9 Procedural Wings. CKAN will get the latest KSP 1.3 compatible version for you.

On 02/10/2017 at 1:06 AM, Daniel Prates said:

This could evolve into a wings mod. 

Maybe you even wouldn't have to make too many of them. 3 or 4 perhaps. The great thing is, combined with 'tweak scale', just a few wings could be configured to generante hundreds of possibilities. 

We would need only an elliptical type, (spit and h111) a davies type (b24), and couple of standard generic designes like the ones you find in the zero/betty etc. If tweaking their sizes/fuel capacity was possible (and tweak scale does just that), there's no limit to what could be designed!

Yeah that's the plan, we need better horizontal/vertical stabilisers too but they'll be quicker/easier. I'd like some Mosquito wings to strap a couple of Merlins to as well :cool:

I installed Aviator Arsenal, added the module manager patch to fix the bullets. Installed a couple of 30mm cannons on an airplane along with the correct ammo boxes. Set the cannons to engage air = true. Launched the plane, did a manual fire check to ensure they worked.

Flew off into an all AI dogfight and BDA refused to fire the cannons. Got a whole bunch of really fast head on passes with my new plane playing chicken VS a pair of Vulcans on another plane before I ended it. Surprised me how maneuverable* and fast it is. (B9 wings, I really like them!) Less than 10 tons takeoff weight with two AIM-20 under the fuselage and two AIM-9 overwing. Closest thing to the original Lightning armament.

A plane inspired by** the English Electric Lightning *needs* dual 30mm cannons. Gets a bit 'dancy' from landing gear spring compression at the rotation to liftoff. May need to raise the speed up from 75.

*Of course that's with thrust vectoring on. Probably would be less swoopy without that. But when the Kerbin Electric Lightnang has been the last plane standing, I think it's pretty neat. Can also get a bit vertigo inducing with camera locked on its back end. If only the 30mm's would work so I could try them instead of having to use Vulcans.

**Not trying to super accurately copy the looks, but has the stacked engines and wings that are like straight ones swept way back, with a small bit of anhedral.

I need help!

Hello evryone,

I don't know why but when trying to load this mod my ksp crashes. It happend when loading the bomb mount, missile rail and other parts. Do you know why or how to fix it? And if you need I can send my crash report.

I'll be glad if someone can help me.

edit : I found out that It don't crash when I take away cross feed enabler but why are those two mods not compatible ?

Edited by Arvolder

I did this and I still get the same result.

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 2:47 PM, ElCapitan said:

Working fine on 1.3 for me, I just deleted the trumpet folder and haven't encountered any problems whatsoever.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.