[1.2.x] Aviator Arsenal - World War 2 aircraft weaponry (v1.3)

tetryds

Since it's mostly a parts pack, it probably only needs a module manager patch.

I don't keep up with BDAc updates, so whenever someone points out some balanced setup I can pack it with the mod and release an update with a recompiled trumpet.

On 5/27/2018 at 5:37 AM, tetryds said:

I don't keep up with BDAc updates, so whenever someone points out some balanced setup I can pack it with the mod and release an update with a recompiled trumpet.

so odes that mean it will work in BDAc 1.2.X?

On 5/27/2018 at 5:37 AM, tetryds said:

so odes that mean it will work in BDAc 1.2.X

EDIT: There seems to be something wrong with the drag on certain objects. may want to check that out (it constantly crashes my game)

Edited by PossiblyPrecarious

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, DirtyVenomSteam said:

Hey, I was wonderin' if it'd be alright if I uploaded my sound replacement for AA that changes the weapon sounds to ones from War Thunder, as well as a couple of edited .cfg's to have MG131 and Beda-SAFAT ball turrets. Obviously it'll just be the .cfg files, as well as the sound files and you'll be credited entirely for the original mod.

So there is this thing called a EULA (I'm sure everyone has heard about those things) and WarThunder has one of these .... you could read the WarThunder EULA but I'll save you the hassle

tl;dr - WarThunder sounds fall under copyright law and it would violate their EULA if you were to provide for it's use in another game

5 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

So there is this thing called a EULA (I'm sure everyone has heard about those things) and WarThunder has one of these .... you could read the WarThunder EULA but I'll save you the hassle

tl;dr - WarThunder sounds fall under copyright law and it would violate their EULA if you were to provide for it's use in another game

The EULA forbids sharing their content, but there is nothing wrong with replacing the sounds locally and using them.

There may also be a loophole where you create a script that picks the sounds from War Thunder and injects them on Aviator Arsenal locally, and since you are not sharing their stuff it's legal to share that script. Some games implement modding that way, by injecting code on the game while it's loading or after it loaded. It depends on the EULA, but they cannot affect how you use other stuff on your PC, so it should be fine.

2 hours ago, tetryds said:

The EULA forbids sharing their content, but there is nothing wrong with replacing the sounds locally and using them.

There may also be a loophole where you create a script that picks the sounds from War Thunder and injects them on Aviator Arsenal locally, and since you are not sharing their stuff it's legal to share that script. Some games implement modding that way, by injecting code on the game while it's loading or after it loaded. It depends on the EULA, but they cannot affect how you use other stuff on your PC, so it should be fine.

He was talking about uploading the sound, not using the sounds on his computer

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's an unofficial one: AviatorArsenal for KSP 1.4.5. I think the license lets me do this?
Contains three things, a MM patch to get the guns working in BDA 1.2.X, an AAPartCatagory.dll that adds a AviatorArsenal Editor PArt Category to get AA parts to show up in the editor, and the AviatorArsenal.dll that's been recompiled against KSP 1.4.5 mono references to fix the Jericho Trumpet and prevent a crash on load.
Install to GameData/AviatorArsenal/Plugins, and overwrite the original AviatorArsenal.dll. If using the AABulletDefs.cfg MM compatibility patch posted a page back, delete it as well to prevent a duplicate M patch.

Edited by SuicidalInsanity

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2018 at 8:51 PM, SuicidalInsanity said:

Here's an unofficial one: AviatorArsenal for KSP 1.4.5. I think the license lets me do this?
Contains three things, a MM patch to get the guns working in BDA 1.2.X, an AAPartCatagory.dll that adds a AviatorArsenal Editor PArt Category to get AA parts to show up in the editor, and the AviatorArsenal.dll that's been recompiled against KSP 1.4.5 mono references to fix the Jericho Trumpet and prevent a crash on load.
Install to GameData/AviatorArsenal/Plugins, and overwrite the original AviatorArsenal.dll. If using the AABulletDefs.cfg MM compatibility patch posted a page back, delete it as well to prevent a duplicate M patch.

Thanks a lot mate!

On 8/30/2018 at 4:41 AM, tetryds said:

It doesn't, but I do :)

Thanks for the patch!

Also thanks for the mod! This is probably the most balanced and diverse gun pack for BDA!

• 1 month later...
On 8/28/2018 at 1:51 PM, SuicidalInsanity said:

Thanks dude!

I was trying to get a military modpack for 1.4.5 going, and I remembered this one- Thank you for getting it running again!

• 1 month later...
On 12/8/2018 at 11:17 AM, Shipmaker432 said:

An update to a newer version would be nice, Im a huge ww2 nerd and this would fit well with my ww2 aircrafts.

Is it not working or something?

People often post ModuleManager packs when the other mods update, you should try them just search the last few pages :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/10/2018 at 12:08 AM, tetryds said:

Is it not working or something?

People often post ModuleManager packs when the other mods update, you should try them just search the last few pages :)

It didn't work for me when i tried installing it, It probably was the ModuleManager that was screwing me over. 

Are you using the recompile posted about half-way down this page? While it's stated to be for 1.4.5, it works fine in 1.6, Jericho trumpet and everything.
If you aren't, then there are two things breaking the mod for you - 1), the Jericho trumpet module in the original release wasn't compiled for newer versions of KSP, and will cause it to crash on load, and 2), the original release's weapon configs are obsolete and not compatible with post 1.X BDAc releases, and will cause all sorts of NRE errors, breaking all installed BDA parts.

• 4 months later...

It's not dead, I will always continue doing the bare minimum to keep it working (which is often doing nothing at all).

There are plenty of third party patches you can apply to it to get it balanced again with new versions of BDArmory too!

The only code it contains is the jericho trumpet, but it never required more than a recompile.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.