[1.2.x] Aviator Arsenal - World War 2 aircraft weaponry (v1.3)

tetryds

2 minutes ago, Starboost88 said:

Unfortunately I don't have the time

That's no excuse! You should use your gaming time and also throw your personal life away to work on the mod!

Jokes aside, this is kind of what some people think when mods stop updating... This one still works though and there are custom update packages.

There are tournaments as well, maybe you can still apply 

• 8 months later...
On 7/9/2019 at 6:42 PM, Starboost88 said:

Unfortunately I don't have the time

Hi I have been working to convert some of these files over into the BD armory version for KSP 1.8.1
I can get the config files done and such and even get the models transitioned over but I am having trouble with the textures do the models only recognize the _DIFF and _NRM files? or is there somewhere that I am missing to identify the correct textures?

Why are you messing with the models? A .mu file is a .mu file and hasn't changed as KSP updates, and nothing shares textures for MODEL node optimizations. The only thing(s) that needs updating for compatibility with current BDAc are the weapon .cfgs. (and possibly the Jericho Trumpet plugin? Fairly sure the 1.4.5. recompile patch still worked in 1.8.1) That said, if you want to save yourself some work, the AA 1.4.5+ compatibility patch posted on the last page configures the weapons to work in BDAc 1.1+. It's a MM patch, but you could pull the values from that for easy updating of the .cfgs proper.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Wrath_IX there is no need for that.

Also remember that due to licensing restrictions, you would not be able to share these models.

As @SuicidalInsanity said, there are patches, this mod takes effort to use but there are ways to get it balanced.

It's just too big of an effort to maintain and you guys tend to do it better than me.

Yeah I am not looking to redistribute the stuff just make it work for my needs.

I am trying to get these and some of the guns from NAS working in my modded game but I am doing an alteration to BD Armory as well relating to all the different ammo and Bullet defs. 

I did figure out what I needed to get it done but when I originally posted I was doing part of it wrong where the models were showing correctly but they were untexture. I have since figured it out correctly and been able to transfer in a few of the guns for testing purposes.

• 1 month later...
On 3/17/2020 at 11:46 PM, Wrath_IX said:

Hi I have been working to convert some of these files over into the BD armory version for KSP 1.8.1
I can get the config files done and such and even get the models transitioned over but I am having trouble with the textures do the models only recognize the _DIFF and _NRM files? or is there somewhere that I am missing to identify the correct textures?

On 4/13/2020 at 10:55 PM, Wrath_IX said:

Yeah I am not looking to redistribute the stuff just make it work for my needs.

I am trying to get these and some of the guns from NAS working in my modded game but I am doing an alteration to BD Armory as well relating to all the different ammo and Bullet defs. 

I did figure out what I needed to get it done but when I originally posted I was doing part of it wrong where the models were showing correctly but they were untexture. I have since figured it out correctly and been able to transfer in a few of the guns for testing purposes.

Thanks, and best of luck! ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/11/2020 at 3:42 PM, scyth3.69420 said:

hello @tetryds i play ksp version 1.10.0.2 is there any way i could actually make aviator arsenal weapons do damage and not just bullet holes like i removed the jericho trumpet and the aviator arsenal dll cuz u said u only need bda/bdac dll for the mod to work. PLS help i need to know.

Duude just check out the previous pages of this topic and you will find a way!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.