[STOCK] Trepidation: Space Delivery Vehicle

Named after the perpetual emotional state of the piloting crew, the Trepidation delivery ship is more than capable of round-trip flights to both Mun and Minmus. The suspension is reinforced, so the lander is more than capable of overland speeds of up to 70m/s, making it the perfect vehicle for exploration or extraplanetary drag races. It\'s equipped with parachutes, which ensure not only the survival of the crew pod, but with a little retrograde burn, the entire lander can survive an impact with water.

cIxAp.png

The ship takes off fine with the RCS and SAS enabled for the first stage. RCS should be disabled after Stage 1 to conserve fuel. For the best flights however, Mechjeb\'s Auto-Ascent is recommended but not stock.

It requires at least 220g/500g in the fuel tank to return from Mun, as well as a water landing, to save the entire lander.

It requires at least 180g/500g to return from Minmus, as well as a water landing, to save the entire ship.

Any less than the recommended fuel, or landing on solid ground, will destroy all but the cockpit on landing.

Trepidation VIII is the latest, most stable and fuel efficient model available, and is the one available for download.

Taking Off:

0kGnD.png

HWHsv.png

TQtO1.png

Landed at Mun Base:

PkPp1.png

Orbiting Mun:

ESw3p.png

Landed at Minmus Base

NHcHD.png

Trepidation VI Offroading on Minmus:

JUHta.jpg

Nice first post, but I recommend removing those struts. From experience, I\'d say that they are completely unnecessary for a craft of this size. I would also get rid of the decouplers attaching the wings to the body, and remove the useless fuel line. A little decrease in mass means a huge increase in performance. ;)

Nice first post, but I recommend removing those struts. From experience, I\'d say that they are completely unnecessary for a craft of this size. I would also get rid of the decouplers attaching the wings to the body, and remove the useless fuel line. A little decrease in mass means a huge increase in performance. ;)

The fuel line and the decouplers are cosmetic. The struts though, I\'ve noticed that if the craft tips while driving over land, it disintegrates. The struts are intended to hold it together, and so far I\'ve noticed that it takes low-speed rolls and hills very well compared to rovers I\'ve built.

I could be just imagining the benefits though. I\'m not sure.

The fuel line and the decouplers are cosmetic.

Listen. You\'re flying to the moon. I\'m not exaggerating when I say that every gram shaved off counts. I repeat: Every. Gram. Counts. If you REALLY want to keep them though, go into the config files, open them with notepad++, and set the part mass to 0. :P

I\'d have to say that the lander handled quite well in impacts on the wings, I found that the capsule would detach first if anything. The struts on the gear were a bit excessive but landing at 10m/s wasn\'t too hard either.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.