Just wondering how many different versions of KSP are on your computer?

Turk_WLF

I have four installs, all v1.0.4.

First is my plain-Jane vanilla stock install, which I keep updated.

Second is my Apollo Applications Program install, with a few micro mods.

Third is my BD Armory installation with extra aircraft parts and weapons.

Fourth is my mod-soup installation, built and tested with the maximum number of mods my KSP can support.

I play #2 and #3 far more often than anything else.

Zipped or actually in a playable state?

Zipped, I have everything back to 0.13.3 (except for 0.14.x)

Playable, I usually keep the most recent 4 builds, all with as many mods on them as when I stopped playing them.

I have only very rarely had multiples of the same version installed. Every time it was because I was attempting to track down a bug.

I keep the old versions in case I need to grab a ship or something from one of them. Usually when I do that I end up temporarily adding whatever mods I don't have until I can duplicate the same functions a different way.

Sometimes the mods stay, especially when they're low memory footprint and have a history of staying updated.

When 1.1 or 1.2 comes out (whichever one ends up adding stable 64-bit), I'll have even less reason to have multiple installs than I do now. After all, I won't need to split mods up between several installs because of RAM constraints.

Edited by SciMan

Only 1.0.4 but 4 copies

1 stock install ( for safe keeping)

1 with new horizon and too many mods to be stable ( still my current career is on this one)

1 even less than stock ( most squad parts removed) to test new parts I try to make

1 with RSS that I gave up on because it crashes each time I enter the moon's SOI.

Edited by Nookos

I've got four installs, all version 1.0.4:

- A 100% stock, vanilla install for backup that I don't touch.

- A heavily-modded install that I play in.

- An install that I use for planet-making. Just has Kopernicus, Hyperedit, and whatever planets I'm working on.

- An install for my daughter that is stock except for a few eye-candy and immersion mods.

Hello,

I got a new 500Gig drive...now I just need to get my games on it gads I have alot to do with real life too !

I use .24 for career mode parts placement checks.

I cant even remember .90....

I always try to use the latest and greatest...in the end...

Cmdr Zeta

Right now I have:

KSP 072 (just for fun)

KSP 090 (my old main install from 0.90)

KSP 090 Alt (different set of mods)

KSP 090 Linux (experimented with for a while, ended up using 64-bit Windows workaround instead for performance reasons)

KSP 102 x64 (mostly stock parts but a lot of other mods; my current career mode is in this one)

KSP 104 x64 (where I go to play sandbox and try out part mods waiting for 1.1)

KSP 104 x64 64K (same as above but with 64K installed)

And a stock install in OS X as well, which I don't use much. Will probably end up making more duplicates with different mod configurations once 1.1 comes out.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.