Amy did KSP!

Alshain

Who is Amy and what is so special about her playing KSP?

she runs a youtube channel where she talks about history of space exploration in few minutes long videos. Usually some interesting bits and bobs from early NASA programs like Gemini and Apollo that are not that known in the public as those that are mentioned everywhere. She also mentions KSP in few of her videos and lots of comments asked for her to play KSP so she made the video where she plays it.

She didn't really play it, she just used it to show an example. Other than her using it as a tool, the video subject was 99% Albert Monkeys and 1% KSP. I thumbs downed it bcs monkeys don't interest me :P

This woman is a History buff[..].

It did sound a lot like she said that the Soviet Union was an axis power... And von Braun did not go into the US because it was "less likely that his rockets would be used as weapons" but because it was less likely that he would be hanged as a SS officer (after he build his rockets)...

It did sound a lot like she said that the Soviet Union was an axis power

And von Braun did not go into the US because it was "less likely that his rockets would be used as weapons" but because it was less likely that he would be hanged as a SS officer (after he build his rockets)...

Amy is more of a space history buff, than a war historian.

You are correct though, von Braun feared Soviets known brutality against their PoWs above all. It isn't uncommon to mistake the Soviet Union for an Axis power because they were allied with Germany until 1941, but they were in fact allies of course.

Amy is more of a space history buff, than a war historian.

You are correct though, von Braun feared Soviets known brutality against their PoWs above all. It isn't uncommon to mistake the Soviet Union for an Axis power because they were allied with Germany until 1941, but they were in fact allies of course.

They were not members of the tripartite pact, so technically they were never in the Axis. Just a minor misstatement.

Toward the end of the war, the supposed "allies" already knew that they were going to be rivals after the war, and were eager to grab as much German science data as they could before the other side did. The space race was pretty openly perceived as being about whether "our Nazis" were better than "their Nazis".

She didn't really play it, she just used it to show an example. Other than her using it as a tool, the video subject was 99% Albert Monkeys and 1% KSP. I thumbs downed it bcs monkeys don't interest me :P
Why people "thumb down" videos for such reasons is beyond me.
Because freedom of opinion.

Wrong way up, friend. This very idea of freedom should precisely help you not to use a sign of condemnation for the sole reason that something "doesn't interest you".

Anyway, I am not going to argue any further.

Cheers !

Wrong way up, friend. This very idea of freedom should precisely help you not to use a sign of condemnation for the sole reason that something "doesn't interest you".

Anyway, I am not going to argue any further.

Cheers !

I probably thumbs up most videos I watch, including others she does. The whole purpose of the thumbs up/down is to get a feel of what people like and don't like. A videos doesn't have to be completely useless if you don't like it, regardless of how good the content is. That's the whole point of having a thumbs down option, otherwise they would only have a thumbs up...

She also has a history of plagiarism:

http://www.thespacereview.com/article/2394/1

Ok? What is your point? How does that matter to the video?

Because she made the video, and it's a huge punch in her credibility's face to be outed on 4 plagiarized articles/blogs of hers. Reading into the link's comments and on other sites, there are many many more articles that she plagiarized. Yet she doesn't respond properly or even apologize, she just keeps doing it and removes posts/articles when she gets busted.

Time passes and her peers and fans may forget. But anyone who is someone in that field is looking down on her. Fake it till you make it right? Not always... Things have a tendency to come back to haunt people just when things are getting good for them.

Edited by xtoro

She also has a history of plagiarism:

http://www.thespacereview.com/article/2394/1

I thought I recognized her from somewhere. Yes she ripped off professional highly researched articles that took years for people to put together. She's easy on the eyes so she gets attention still. This is a big deal in the space history circles, of which I'm guessing there are more than a few in the ksp community.

Edited by CloudlessEchoes