[1.2.2] Engineer Level Fixer - Fix tires at any level you want!

civilwargeeky

9 hours ago, Wolf Baginski said:

I just downloaded the Mod, just in case, although I can see the stock settings as a way to limit access to repairs without having to mess around with loading tools and spare parts  I know there are mods which include such things, and I can imagine there being something in KIS so that there can be a toolkit and spare wheel carried on a Rover to allow a really low Engineer level to repair a wheel, an intermediate level if you run out of spare wheels, and stock level if your forgot the toolkit.

That's a bit like some of the complicated logistics Mods, keeping detailed track of resources, a bit too much to be fun for me, but I use the Snacks mod as an abstraction, keeping the problem without overloading the detail. There's already several tools in KIS/KAS and being able to detect those to enable a lower-level repair could be a useful option.

So what you're saying is, that if KIS/KAS is enabled, that my mod could add a "spare wheel" and a "toolkit" part so that lower level engineers could fix wheels? Hmm... That could work. I feel that a "spare wheel" would be difficult to implement, as I wouldn't want to have just a generic "spare wheel", but I also am not skilled enough with modeling to extract the wheel textures and procedurally make a wheel...

I think that the "toolkit" idea is a pretty good idea though. So if you have a rover and lower level engineers, you have to pack enough repair kits for your needs. I think I will try and work on that!

Thanks for downloading! If I misunderstood, or you have any ideas for the spare wheel, let me know!

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.