[0.15+] Mobile Spaceport v1.1 - Now with new buildings!

Hi all.

New buildings in new version. Now you can build much more interesting spaceport or base.

Main building (3 parts)

Monorail (not animated, 1 part)

Garage (all walls have their own collision, 1 part)

Hotel 'Houston' ('Houston, we have a rest' 8), 1 part)

Big Cargo Pad (1 part)

In 1.2 I\'ll add some new buildings.

Pictures (lights is other mod):

b8c3c2809bab738694b12cb9bd3466c6.jpeg

70e288ced84715a9f5cec115764d4c27.jpeg

8b6f2aa9fb70f90420925c69b62c63e4.jpeg

c63341daa195580b78240e6ec0fe2147.jpeg

ca41f8dd112e922460db70862d5b407f.jpeg

http://www./?j6ogzhz46y9voq6

How do you land the flat pieces like the cargo pad and the vehicle hangar? I\'ve tried the ol\' 'exploding engine legs' thing and it doesn\'t work; I always end up with a hangar that has a decouple or something retarded stuck underneath it.

Edit: Do I really need to make something ridiculous like that thing above?!

At least with the buildings, on minmus, I could just flip them upright under its ridiculously low gravity influence.

'How do you land the flat pieces like the cargo pad and the vehicle hangar? I\'ve tried the ol\' 'exploding engine legs' thing and it doesn\'t work; I always end up with a hangar that has a decouple or something retarded stuck underneath it.'

I just built simple rocket, landed it and moved %partname% from landing module. Garage can be delivered with rover.

'Edit: Do I really need to make something ridiculous like that thing above?!'

No, parts have low mass, and you need build usual Mun/Minmus rocket, or smaller, because you don\'t need to return home.

There\'s too many parts from too many different packs for a craft file, sorry. But i 'think' there mostly tiberion,SE2 floodlights, oh god i cant remember,,CRAFT = Can\'t Remember A Flaming Thing. ::)

There\'s too many parts from too many different packs for a craft file, sorry. But i 'think' there mostly tiberion,SE2 floodlights, oh god i cant remember,,CRAFT = Can\'t Remember A Flaming Thing. ::)

Well, i have all those you mentioned.

It can\'t hurt to try? :)

I\'ve got a couple of versions. If this is the wrong one let me know. But as i said, i can\'t recall ALL of the parts in it. I\'ll put my mind to it tonight. Good luck with this one.

I\'ve got a couple of versions. If this is the wrong one let me know. But as i said, i can\'t recall ALL of the parts in it. I\'ll put my mind to it tonight. Good luck with this one.

Weird, when trying to open it it says that 'NP.lateraltricouplerR' is missing.

NP is obviously Novapunch, but i should have all those parts. D:

I think it\'s from an older Novapunch pack, there\'s also a Large LFE from Gabyalufix and probably more stuff i can\'t recall. Best to just 'copy' the design with your own version i\'d say. There\'s also a smaller version for the munbuggies, same problem with the parts though.

I think it\'s from an older Novapunch pack, there\'s also a Large LFE from Gabyalufix and probably more stuff i can\'t recall. Best to just 'copy' the design with your own version i\'d say. There\'s also a smaller version for the munbuggies, same problem with the parts though.

Yeah i figured as much, but.. i assume that this isn\'t a single stage rocket to the mun, i guess you have more stages than that.. i am having trouble to build a stable rocket with more than 1 stage, any tips?

Keep everything symetric and use plenty of struts. Here\'s what my entire rocket looks like. i use this base rocket to launch all my large stuff. It has from top to bottom, 1/3m adapter/decoupler=NP,2*3m fuel tanks NP,1 Septa LFE 'Gaby\'s quick and dirty miscellania',6*AA-BB linear decouple struts 'SE2', 6* solid boosters Tiberdyne. 6*AV-R8 winglets HarvesteR,6* radial decouplers and 6*Jamcracker solid boosters 'SE2'.... It\'s surprisingly stable but only because of all the struts.

Weird, when trying to open it it says that 'NP.lateraltricouplerR' is missing.

NP is obviously Novapunch, but i should have all those parts. D:

I\'ve taken the liberty to examine the craft file as a test for my pet project (.craft and .sfs analyzer http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=13838.0.

The dot in the name of parts caused problems some time ago therefor the names of those parts were altered. Usually by replacing the dot bij an underscore. Some parts on the other hand were discontinued in later versions which can make things even harder.

The tools i\'m working on have determined which parts are requiered (with one exception). I\'ve altered the craft file accordingly.

Craft file and requiered partlist added to this post. However, i\'ve been unable to find 1 part (linearRCS). Perhaps this part is from a mod which is no longer available on this forum. Perhaps Madmat will be kind enough to supply it.

If not, try altering the craft file supplied by me (i.e. remove the mentioned part and all connections to it). No garanties that it will work, but you stand a chance that it will work.

The linear RCS is by Chad Jenkins (C7), I\'ll see if i can hunt it down.

edit: i\'ve got it here but can\'t recall which pack it\'s from. Is there a way to send you the RCS and other part folders or should i just remake one of these ships without the RCS and post the craft?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.