[1.12.x] WASD Editor Camera Continued - New Dependencies

linuxgurugamer

You're likely already aware, but just in case:  

In KSP v1.12.2, the "ignore if Hangar Extender installed" bit of the "Enforce Bounds" option isn't working.  I have both this mod (v0.7.3.2) and Hanger Extender (v3.6.0.1) installed, and if that box is checked it enforces the bounds regardless.   

Thought you'd like to know, and hope I haven't added too much to the already very large list of mod to-do items you must have.  Thanks, and keep up the good work!

Edited by wreckreation
Add ksp version

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Hello! I have found a bug regarding WASD Editor and Toolbar Continued: 

KSP: 1.12.3 (Win64)

Problem: Unable to resize toolbar while WASD Editor button is visible

Mods installed:

ClickThroughBlocker - 0.1.10.17
Toolbar - 1.8.0.8
ToolbarControl - 0.1.9.6
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.4.1.9
WASDEditorCameraContinued - 0.7.3.3
ZeroMiniAVC - 1.1.2.4

Reproduction steps:
Enable WASD Button in Toolbar Continued, attempt to resize toolbar

Video: https://youtu.be/6XIP3OmOoNY

Log:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqH3G5qhjEmPhtglzd71YR6bhOsdPw (Player.log)

Thanks for all your hard work! Not a serious issue, hopefully this could be low hanging fruit! My workaround atm is to just size the toolbar how I want it before i enable the WASD editor button. 

Best Regards

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Possibly a serious problem.

One day I left my pc  to go to sleep while ksp was still running in editor scene (but no vessel loaded).

When I came back morning ksp ate up all my 128gb ram, magically my pc didn't crash or blue screen and I can still force it to close ksp.

I tried to reproduce the problem starting from a new installation.

Then finally it narrows down to be WASD camera continued.

My tester mod list (generally vanilla only with visual and QoL):

KSP version 1.12.5

Parallax (stock texture)

EVE + Scatterer + Spectra

Distant Object

PlanetShine

Reentry Paticale Effect

TUFX

FAR

Restock

Waterfall (Stock + Restock + SRB)

KSP Community Fixes

Kerbal Engineer Redux

Mechjeb

----Editor or Part tool Mods are:

Antenna Helper

RCS Build Aid

Editor Extension Redux

Precise Editor Continued

Quick Search

Quick Goto

(As I was firstly suspecting Hanger Extender to be the troublemaker so I didn't install it)

----Then with or withou WASD Camera

Specificly in the Editor Scene.

With WASD Camera I monitor in windows task manager, Ksp ram usage keeps increasing by about 2MB per second. When usage reached 16gb the game freezes. but the usage still goes up. giving enough time it will eat all memory. The whole system was choked and take very slow response, but magically it alway doesn't crash.

Without WASD camera ksp ram usage stays fairly stable at 6-10gb

16 hours ago, cinemagic said:

Specificly in the Editor Scene.

With WASD Camera I monitor in windows task manager, Ksp ram usage keeps increasing by about 2MB per second. When usage reached 16gb the game freezes. but the usage still goes up. giving enough time it will eat all memory. The whole system was choked and take very slow response, but magically it alway doesn't crash.

Without WASD camera ksp ram usage stays fairly stable at 6-10gb

No logs, no support.

Other than saying "it's broken" , there is no other info.  Game version, mod version, exceptions, etc. All that comes from the log file

I just tested this, it's not happening for me.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

On 3/26/2023 at 8:43 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

No logs, no support.

Other than saying "it's broken" , there is no other info.  Game version, mod version, exceptions, etc. All that comes from the log file

I just tested this, it's not happening for me.

Since my tester copy of the game had wasd uninstalled the log got overwritten so I have  to repeat the process again.

Weiredly this time the problem didn't happen on the tester copy. ksp memory usage in editor scene stays stable.

So I went to my currently playing copy, which is heavily modded.

Because I thought I figured out the problem was caused by wasd, this copy also got wasd installed, and I tried playing it for about 6 hrs yesterday building a large intersellar ship (400ish part counts). there was no problem. but It was quite a pain building large structures with stock editor camera LOL.

So I reinstalled wasd on this copy, reopen the game, and the problem appeared again.

Ksp memory usage is constantly increasing, by 1-2mb per second.

It ususaly take 5-6 hours for the game to reach maximum memory usage and freeze. I have other stuff to do so didn't wait for the game to finally crash. just left it in editor scene, doing nothing, for about 1 hour.

game version is 1.12.5, all mods came from CKAN of their latest version except for scatterer (it's at v0.772 for compatibility)

there is the log. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xPlmBogWMtdkNB1GEwjFu8jpQOSZyKWA/view?usp=sharing

6 hours ago, cinemagic said:

Since my tester copy of the game had wasd uninstalled the log got overwritten so I have  to repeat the process again.

Weiredly this time the problem didn't happen on the tester copy. ksp memory usage in editor scene stays stable.

So I went to my currently playing copy, which is heavily modded.

Because I thought I figured out the problem was caused by wasd, this copy also got wasd installed, and I tried playing it for about 6 hrs yesterday building a large intersellar ship (400ish part counts). there was no problem. but It was quite a pain building large structures with stock editor camera LOL.

So I reinstalled wasd on this copy, reopen the game, and the problem appeared again.

Ksp memory usage is constantly increasing, by 1-2mb per second.

It ususaly take 5-6 hours for the game to reach maximum memory usage and freeze. I have other stuff to do so didn't wait for the game to finally crash. just left it in editor scene, doing nothing, for about 1 hour.

game version is 1.12.5, all mods came from CKAN of their latest version except for scatterer (it's at v0.772 for compatibility)

there is the log. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xPlmBogWMtdkNB1GEwjFu8jpQOSZyKWA/view?usp=sharing

Player.log, please

I've gone over the code, there's nothing in there which would cause a memory leak. If you want, you can zip up your entire GameData directory and send it to me via a PM, I'll look at it, but essentially, once I can confirm it on my system, I'll just be removing other mods to try to find what's causing this.  

16 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Player.log, please

I've gone over the code, there's nothing in there which would cause a memory leak. If you want, you can zip up your entire GameData directory and send it to me via a PM, I'll look at it, but essentially, once I can confirm it on my system, I'll just be removing other mods to try to find what's causing this.  

Sorry where is player.log. I searched for it but seem nothing in game folder or any subfolders.

On 3/29/2023 at 8:28 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Hooooly.

My last player.log has a size of 1.95GB.

I think that's because Iast night I use alt+f4 in editor scene before going to sleep but the game didn't quit completely, and memory usage reached maximum again in the morning.

I have no idea how to send such large log file. I'll paste the tail part of the file here? it's like this

"

----(edit: uploaded player.log)

I had some issue with my SSD todaym should be out of game playing for somedays. might upload new log later.

Edited by cinemagic

5 hours ago, cinemagic said:

Hooooly.

My last player.log has a size of 1.95GB.

I think that's because Iast night I use alt+f4 in editor scene before going to sleep but the game didn't quit completely, and memory usage reached maximum again in the morning.

I have no idea how to send such large log file. I'll paste the tail part of the file here? it's like this

I suggest you edit that post and remove or spoiler all that text.  That part of the log is unlikely to useful.  Don't bother with the 1.95GB log, create a new one with the issue.

You need to provide all the log, because it has a lot of the information needed to troubleshoot the problem, like all mods loaded and any issues with loading the mods.  And the root cause of the problem is often not what produces the errors, so the whole log is needed to track events related to the issue.

Create a new log where you start the game, go through the same steps to encounter the issue, then exit the game.  After that, upload the logs to a file sharing site like Dropbox and share the link to the uploaded log.  Also provide the steps you did to encounter the issue.

There is the new player.log.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16BT8iCGwuoxX-0bBizpHZZ5DhYDnOiPr/view?usp=sharing

Since my SSD broke yesterday and I have to do a format and lost all of my game stuff so it's of a new installed ksp, the mod list is different from my earlier post. Still a  light mod list with mainly visual mods, for testing. If you need any further infomation let me know. 

I had the same issue with the new install, this log is taken after I leave the game in VAB scene for about half an hour, with a stock mk3 space shuttle vessel loaded (it's from FAR craft file) and doing nothing. the memory usage as I remember had increased from 10.5 GB to 16GB during the time. I had other stuff to do so I normally closed the game (exit to space center, then main menu, then quit).

Edited by cinemagic

1 hour ago, cinemagic said:

There is the new player.log.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16BT8iCGwuoxX-0bBizpHZZ5DhYDnOiPr/view?usp=sharing

Since my SSD broke yesterday and I have to do a format and lost all of my game stuff so it's of a new installed ksp, the mod list is different from my earlier post. Still a  light mod list with mainly visual mods, for testing. If you need any further infomation let me know. 

I had the same issue with the new install, this log is taken after I leave the game in VAB scene for about half an hour, with a stock mk3 space shuttle vessel loaded (it's from FAR craft file) and doing nothing. the memory usage as I remember had increased from 10.5 GB to 16GB during the time. I had other stuff to do so I normally closed the game (exit to space center, then main menu, then quit).

Could you please remove FAR and try the test again?  If that still happens, please package up the entire GameData directory and PM it to me

20 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Could you please remove FAR and try the test again?  If that still happens, please package up the entire GameData directory and PM it to me

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qhuwKiMnOCFgjiEms6xZlPjmUJoD3-vJ/view?usp=sharing

without FAR

the problem still exists. I'll try package gamedata to you later

Edited by cinemagic

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.