[1.12.x] WASD Editor Camera Continued - New Dependencies

linuxgurugamer

[Silly question I guess]

Is it possible to restore "default" mode without uninstalling the mod?. 

I want to "w-a-s-d" thing but only in certain occasions so I can go back to stock-not-modded-mode (?) easily.

Tried some of the switches and clicks in the mod window without result, is it possible (even)?. =) 

1 hour ago, gobolinno said:

[Silly question I guess]

Is it possible to restore "default" mode without uninstalling the mod?. 

I want to "w-a-s-d" thing but only in certain occasions so I can go back to stock-not-modded-mode (?) easily.

Tried some of the switches and clicks in the mod window without result, is it possible (even)?. =) 

Not at the present time.  Open a github issue, please

On 11/13/2016 at 9:37 AM, Sylver said:

Since i installed this mod i couldn't load my game entierly : it blocks at the end and load infinitly (but KSP still work: The yellow messages still change)

maybe its cause of other mods mods but it dont seems logic cause i dont have that much mods.

I would need a log file to help you

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 10/24/2017 at 4:28 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 0.6.12:

• Hotkeys no longer trigger while text input field has focus

Hello, I'm using 0.6.12 and thank you so much for fixing this it was really frustrating.

Unfortunately I have another issue which is currently driving me crazy. Sometimes when I'm navigating around the hangar (VAB or SPH) the camera starts to jiggle viciously like crazy, as long as I keep pressing the keys. Eventually it stops at a very unrelated position, finally rendering the window unworkable, only fixed by exiting and coming back.

At first I thought may be the hangar walls and limits were causing the problem, so I installed HangarExtender, but this issue is still happening. I is very hard working with this but it is Impossible to load huge ships since it does this with first key (WASD) pressed after load.

What can cause this how can we fix this, here are my only changed settings may be its related to them;

Friction 75

Run multiplier 4

1 minute ago, Smart Parts Wanter said:

Hello, I'm using 0.6.12 and thank you so much for fixing this it was really frustrating.

Unfortunately I have another issue which is currently driving me crazy. Sometimes when I'm navigating around the hangar (VAB or SPH) the camera starts to jiggle viciously like crazy, as long as I keep pressing the keys. Eventually it stops at a very unrelated position, finally rendering the window unworkable, only fixed by exiting and coming back.

At first I thought may be the hangar walls and limits were causing the problem, so I installed HangarExtender, but this issue is still happening. I is very hard working with this but it is Impossible to load huge ships since it does this with first key (WASD) pressed after load.

What can cause this how can we fix this, here are my only changed settings may be its related to them;

Friction 75

Run multiplier 4

I wouldn't know, could you make a video and then  upload that and the log file somewhere?  

Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

I wouldn't know, could you make a video and then  upload that and the log file somewhere?  

Could you tell me the log path?

I'm not crashing by the way. I will make the video now and upload it on youtube, will provide the link in 10 minutes or so. Thank you for your concern.

Here's the video linuxgurugamer and thank you so much for all your efforts for the KSP community.

I first demonstrated the cam movements in the empty hangar. The issue starts especially around minute 01:07. The video has just been uploaded so higher resolutions and 1080p haven't been activated yet.

By the way I know it's too much to ask but for the sake of reporting bugs, pressing 5 in infernal robotics menus causes the camera to switch. I don't know if this should be fixed on your side or IR.

Edited by Smart Parts Wanter

55 minutes ago, Smart Parts Wanter said:

Here's the video linuxgurugamer and thank you so much for all your efforts for the KSP community.

I first demonstrated the cam movements in the empty hangar. The issue starts especially around minute 01:07. The video has just been uploaded so higher resolutions and 1080p haven't been activated yet.

By the way I know it's too much to ask but for the sake of reporting bugs, pressing 5 in infernal robotics menus causes the camera to switch. I don't know if this should be fixed on your side or IR.

Log file please, I see the video, have no idea what's going on.

Re. the 5, again, I have no idea.  Infernal Robotics is known to cause issues all over the place.  I'm not sure if it's related, but that should be fixed in IR

12 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Log file please, I see the video, have no idea what's going on.

Re. the 5, again, I have no idea.  Infernal Robotics is known to cause issues all over the place.  I'm not sure if it's related, but that should be fixed in IR

You must have not seen it but I asked above , for the path of the log file, I don't know which log to send you, my game is not crashing.

29 minutes ago, Smart Parts Wanter said:

You must have not seen it but I asked above , for the path of the log file, I don't know which log to send you, my game is not crashing.

It's in my sig:

Read this BEFORE asking for supporthttp://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/

I need the output_log.txt

It may not be crashing, but there will still be information in there.

http://www.heypasteit.com/clip/0IJB4Q

10 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

It's in my sig:

Read this BEFORE asking for supporthttp://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/

I need the output_log.txt

It may not be crashing, but there will still be information in there.

• 2 months later...

I stumped on something that it's an issue, but not necessarily a bug - at least, not a fixable bug - so it would be a feature in disguise. :-)

There're some moments that by switching modes (default key '5'), you loose the ability to move the camera in both modes (stock and WASD). The camera became stuck, and the only thing that works is looking around.

It appears to happen when you switch modes while moving a part (or an AES strut connector). The solution, once this happens, is to save the craft, exit to KSC and then go back and reload the craft. Just hitting "New Craft" is not enough, you must exit the Editor and come back.

This "feature" =P works both in SPH and VAB.

Edited by Lisias
typo. again.

• 3 weeks later...

New release, 0.6.13.1

• Updated version file for all 1.4
  • Added dependency checking for toolbarcontroller
  • Added dependency checking for clickthroughblocker
  • Restored functionality of changing button if active or not
  • Updated toolbar control to register button

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/3/2018 at 8:14 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 0.6.13.1

• Updated version file for all 1.4
  • Added dependency checking for toolbarcontroller
  • Added dependency checking for clickthroughblocker
  • Restored functionality of changing button if active or not
  • Updated toolbar control to register button

Where can i download this?

Also, I have been trying older versions, but it is still compatible with v 1.4.3 with almost no bugs.

2 minutes ago, Xd the great said:

Where can i download this?

Also, I have been trying older versions, but it is still compatible with v 1.4.3 with almost no bugs.

Listed in the OPhttp://spacedock.info/mod/56/WasdEditorCameraContinued

and if you dont use the latest version, I can’t give support.

Check the OP for dependencies

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 2 months later...

It is good mod but it has some problems:

When I hangar I take the part then I can not move the camera around the ship any more.

If I want to scroll through the list of parts ( or in any other window ) with a mouse, the list is scrolled along with the camera.

19 hours ago, alexus said:

It is good mod but it has some problems:

When I hangar I take the part then I can not move the camera around the ship any more.

If I want to scroll through the list of parts ( or in any other window ) with a mouse, the list is scrolled along with the camera.

Even in stock, when you take the part, you can't move the camera.

The scroll is an issue, haven't yet figured out how to work around it.  But I do have some ideas

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.