[1.12.x] WASD Editor Camera Continued - New Dependencies

linuxgurugamer

I'm happy to announce the release of WASD Editor Camera Continued

The new version for KSP 1.4.1 has new dependencies

New Dependencies

CKAN has been updated to install the dependencies, if needed.

My release is available on Spacedock.info and is in CKAN

http://spacedock.info/mod/56/WasdEditorCameraContinued

Source code is in GitHub: https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/WasdEditorCameraContinued
License is: MIT

1.1 beta version is available on Github:  https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/WasdEditorCameraContinued

The original release of this was done by FW Industries in May, 2015.

I've enhanced it with the following new features:

• Added configuration window using Dropdownlists for the keys
  • Added ability to enable/disable mouse wheel in Editors
  • Changed "sneak" key from left shift to left control to avoid conflict with mouse wheel left shift
  • Added toolbar icon which turns green when WASD editor is active
  • Disable WASD editor when part is selected, toolbar icon turns black
  • Right-click button to disable, toolbar icon gets a red slash (new)
  • Refactored code to make it more organized
  • Replaced logging code with a class

Usage: Move around with WASD keys, hold right mouse to look around. Q/E for up/down. Space/leftCtrl to move faster/slower. When you have a part selected it will follow you around if right mouse is held. Otherwise it will rotate the part as usual. Press 5 to switch between stock camera and wasd controls.

The mouse scroll wheel is active when configured. This makes it easier to use the new editor controls while still being able to use the mouse scroll to move up/down and shift-mousescroll to move in and out

Keys, movement speed, etc can be configured in the configuration screen, which is available by clicking the WASD icon when in either the VAB or SPF

Known issues:

• The workaround for issue 3838 is a bit hacky and might break things. Compatibility mode for EditorExtensions is enabled by default, though. (this may not be relevent in 1.0.4)
  • The stock VAB camera doesn't have a horizontal offset. So when switching back to stock camera the pivot point snaps back to center. I tried to keep the camera in it's current position and only rotate the view.
  • When moving parts around the camera is clamped to editor bounds but the part isn't. If you clip the part through the wall you can't select it anymore. But undo will move it back.
  • Unity's Screen.lockCursor resets the cursor to screen center. Used native functions on Windows as workaround. Other OSs are currently stuck with snapping cursors.

Donations gratefully accepted

Patreon.png

https://www.patreon.com/linuxgurugamer

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 1 month later...

Any hope of fixing this for use on Linux? I can't build without this anymore, but I need the extra stability/RAM overhead that Linux provides.

EDIT: Found that if the part is centered in the window then right-click still works. Small workaround. Not very convenient though.

Edited by ANWRocketMan

• 3 weeks later...
Hey Linux o/

Quick question: I've updated KSP to 1.0.5 and updated your plugin as well. The icon for the plugin is whited out in the VAB and SPH. Is there anything I can do to fix it in the .cfg?

I don't see it.

I just installed the update via CKAN for 1.0.5, looks fine to me.

Did you delete the old directory before installing the new one?

I did notice a small bug, in that the settings window won't open up a second time once you've left one editor scene, but that is not what you are referring to.

LGG

Edited by linuxgurugamer

I installed WASD through CKAN into a new installation of 1.0.5. I do have the following mods installed:

"name": "ModuleManager",

"version": "2.6.13"

"name": "FilterExtensions",

"version": "2.4.1.2"

"name": "QuickSearch",

"version": "v1.14"

"name": "WasdEditorCameraContinued",

"version": "0.5.0"

"name": "FilterExtensionsDefaultConfig",

"version": "2.4.1.2"

"name": "KerbalAlarmClock",

"version": "v3.4.0.0"

http://www.dropbox.com/s/2t2gcyb6gt4w8qh/missicon.jpg?dl=0

Edited by Jim Kernan

Log file would be useful, as would a view of what's in the WASD directories

In the meantime, I'll install the same into a new install and see what I get

LGG

- - - Updated - - -

LGG

I duplicated the problem, but it's not WASD that's causing the problem.

If you uninstall the FilterExtensions, the icon shows up

I have no idea what's going on, I'll see if I can contact the FilterExtensions author

LGG

- - - Updated - - -

I duplicated the problem, but it's not WASD that's causing the problem.

If you uninstall the FilterExtensions, the icon shows up

I have no idea what's going on, I'll see if I can contact the FilterExtensions author

Thanks for looking and figuring it out LGG.

[quote name='linuxgurugamer']New release, 0.5.2, fixes harmless NullReferenceException. harmless except for spamming the logs. It only happened outside of the Editor, after being in the Editor one time[/QUOTE]

Working great now btw. No spammage, icon in place. LGG you rock!! :D

• 1 month later...

I want to point out a bug... I can't use widgets while in WASD editor cam mode. I can't left click at all for that matter or it screws of the camera. - When I left click it pulls the camera position out of WASDcam mode.I've checked settings and there doesn't appear to be a keybind that is causing this.

EDIT: This apparently only happens on most occasions for me. It's working as planned now. Interesting to hear if anyone else has had a similar bug.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

4 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

I want to point out a bug... I can't use widgets while in WASD editor cam mode. I can't left click at all for that matter or it screws of the camera. - When I left click it pulls the camera position out of WASDcam mode.I've checked settings and there doesn't appear to be a keybind that is causing this.

EDIT: This apparently only happens on most occasions for me. It's working as planned now. Interesting to hear if anyone else has had a similar bug.

This is rather a nebulous report.   I would need some more information:

• System specs
  • Version of KSP
  • OS
  • List of other mods
  • KSP_Data/output_log.txt file

Until I can see this, it's simple a matter of "someone said that something happened"

In answer to your question, this is the first time I've heard of this.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2016 at 2:59 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

This is rather a nebulous report.   I would need some more information:

• System specs
  • Version of KSP
  • OS
  • List of other mods
  • KSP_Data/output_log.txt file

Until I can see this, it's simple a matter of "someone said that something happened"

In answer to your question, this is the first time I've heard of this.

I have pinned down exactly what caused this now. It's caused by entering WASD camera mode while already holding a piece. It's easily fixed by simply not holding a piece. You can probably witness it yourself too.

7 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

I have pinned down exactly what caused this now. It's caused by entering WASD camera mode while already holding a piece. It's easily fixed by simply not holding a piece. You can probably witness it yourself too.

This is excellent.  Once I can replicate this, it should be fairly easy to find.

Thanks

Question:  since this defaults to WASD mode when first entering, I assume that you switched out of it (back to normal by using the Alpha5 key) first, then selected a piece, and then hit the alpha5 key to go back in?

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Question:  since this defaults to WASD mode when first entering, I assume that you switched out of it (back to normal by using the Alpha5 key) first, then selected a piece, and then hit the alpha5 key to go back in?

I have WASD Editor cam disabled at entering the editor - It starts with the default camera and I hit 5 to bring up the WASD Cam. I hope it's an easy fix :)

25 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

I have WASD Editor cam disabled at entering the editor - It starts with the default camera and I hit 5 to bring up the WASD Cam. I hope it's an easy fix :)

No idea, but I'm able to reproduce it.  I probably won't get to it until the weekend, although if I get some time in an evening I will see what I can do

56 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

No idea, but I'm able to reproduce it.  I probably won't get to it until the weekend, although if I get some time in an evening I will see what I can do

Its easily avoided in game as soon as you figure out what caused it. If it takes a lot of recoding it might not be worth the time. - Maybe just a known bug :rolleyes:

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Its easily avoided in game as soon as you figure out what caused it. If it takes a lot of recoding it might not be worth the time. - Maybe just a known bug :rolleyes:

Fixed.  For right now, I just disabled the ability to change modes while a part is selected, it will display a message if you do try to do it

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.