[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

Angelo Kerman

On 2/1/2018 at 1:06 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

Answered in your thread (inflation needs an Engineer onboard)

I have checked a bit more, and the problem is not the engineer. Whenever I click on the Ponderosa module from an EVA'd engineer, the action window pops up and won't let me click anything. I am confused.

2 minutes ago, Cadet_BNSF said:

I have checked a bit more, and the problem is not the engineer. Whenever I click on the Ponderosa module from an EVA'd engineer, the action window pops up and won't let me click anything. I am confused.

Uh oh. Well you gotta visit this thread now. :/ 

Send logs.

@JadeOfMaarWell, an interesting chain of events has occurred. The previously mentioned issue went away when this was tested in a clean install with just Pathfinder, Buffalo, KIS, and KAS. However, it has been replaced by a message that states that says insufficient skill to reconfigure/assemble the module. You need one of System.String[ ].

The craft I used was a basic buffalo rover with a ponderosa on a muncrete slab attached to the trailer hitch. Bill, with five stars of xp, apparently does not have the skills necessary.

LOG: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ioiajnosw7goydv/output_log.txt?dl=0

Edited by Cadet_BNSF

On the topic of mass drivers...

i have not actually launched one yet to test it out, as i am still in the design phase of a station that i want to have the orbital pipeline on.  however i am unsure of how to build this station...

if i understand it correctly...   The orbital pipeline will have items in the KIS inventory?  and that is what you mean by select what you want to send?  and the ROC is not a part i need to add or anything, the Pipeline will create the ROC at time of launch?

18 hours ago, Bit Fiddler said:

On the topic of mass drivers...

i have not actually launched one yet to test it out, as i am still in the design phase of a station that i want to have the orbital pipeline on.  however i am unsure of how to build this station...

if i understand it correctly...   The orbital pipeline will have items in the KIS inventory?  and that is what you mean by select what you want to send?  and the ROC is not a part i need to add or anything, the Pipeline will create the ROC at time of launch?

The only things you need is the ground-based Pipeline or the orbital version. You'll need to store KIS items in its inventory in order to launch them.

On 1/19/2018 at 11:41 AM, DarkGod said:

I'm using WorldStabilizer which gently "re-lands" stuff on load to avoid bugs, works fine but it means that drills do not touch ground for a bit and deactivate. So I got tired of reclicking them on each time and instead tried to make a kOS script for it.

On 1/19/2018 at 3:03 PM, whale_2 said:

Hey, I can add it to the next WS release.

Well, after looking into what's going on inside Pathfinder, it seems to me like overstretching if I'll try to address all possible cases in WS. If demand for this feature is worth addressing, maybe  @Angel-125 could do something? WS sends out a pair of custom events, before starting keeping things from exploding and after everything has been done. Subscribing to this events can help re-activate drills. 

On 2/1/2018 at 4:32 PM, drhay53 said:

The drill does not say that it has upgrades available in the VAB tooltip, and it claims to have a surface harvester module installed for Ore, but there is just no surface harvest option when it is launched. 

I looked around the tree a little bit and I don't see anything. 

Verified working correctly in career and sandbox. Make sure you install the 000ABARISBridgeDoNotDelete folder and contents.

I've been getting myself confused about "core samples" and "biome research", and I have a request to rename the button on the gui menu for the CrewCab Biome Research experiment. 

If I understand things correctly, the Buffalo Crew Cab "Take Core Sample" experiment does an experiment that KSP sees as "biome research", which acts like the surface scanner and unlocks biome-specific resource abundances. 

Then, the Gold Digger mini-drill has an experiment called "Take Core Sample" which actually refers to the "Core Sample" experiment, and which modifies the drilling efficiency.

I don't know if it's a legacy GUI button naming issue, but perhaps the CrewCab button should be called "Perform Biome Research" to help avoid confusion. Unless I've got it all wrong!

46 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Verified working correctly in career and sandbox. Make sure you install the 000ABARISBridgeDoNotDelete folder and contents.

Everything is installed correctly, directly from the github releases. At some point the drill started working in my career save. Unfortunately I didn't notice which tech node or building upgrade may have unlocked it.

Edited by drhay53

I'm kinda wondering how an inflatable module would work on a planet with 5 ATM of pressure and very hot (Eve)... Anyway, the reason I'm posting today is that I'm having trouble at the end of one of your tourist contracts. I know you designed these and these are actually "I want to join your colony" contract... Granted, understod, ok. 

So I have this obnoxiously tiny space station that I sent up on a previous contract on a sub-minimal #1-stack rocket and I wanted to recover the crew aboard, so I accept your tourist contract and send up an obnoxiously cheap craft with one spare seat to retrieve the crew from the station so I can decommission it later. 

Surprisingly, the crew pod survives reentry but now I can't recover it. I disembarked both pilots and can't recover either of them independently, or save, or switch to tracking station or do anything. =\ 

The console barf is: 

[ERR 12:01:36.059] Exception handling event OnVesselRecoveryRequested in class VesselRetrieval:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
 at KerbalRoster.ValidateAssignments (.Game st) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  
 at Game.Updated () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  
 at GamePersistence.SaveGame (System.String saveFileName, System.String saveFolder, SaveMode saveMode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  
 at VesselRetrieval.onVesselRecoveryRequested (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  
 at EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  

[EXC 12:01:36.588] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
       KerbalRoster.ValidateAssignments (.Game st)
       Game.Updated ()
       GamePersistence.SaveGame (System.String saveFileName, System.String saveFolder, SaveMode saveMode)
       VesselRetrieval.onVesselRecoveryRequested (.Vessel v)
       EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data)
       UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
       EventData`1:Fire(Vessel)
       KSP.UI.Screens.AltimeterSliderButtons:recoverVessel()
       UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

I haven't seen this before, I had successfully flown this type of mission before to a station near Minmus (for enough gold to fund my space program for 50 years...) and all was good, so I'm more than a bit puzzled. There are no other crewed missions in flight right now. My main focus is moving to tier 3 science center so I'm trying to farm money contracts... Any advice would be appreciated, I can try to debug the save file but I'm not sure how productive that will be. 

@AlonzoTG Haven't seen it before either. I've not had problems recovering kerbals.

Thanks to some help by @JadeOfMaar and @Rock3tman_, I've got the exo-atmospheric collector working:

s05LRGG.png

Now you can pull exospheric resources from collected Atmosphere, just as you can split Ore into local biome resources via the Prospector. Just don't expect rapid progress, you only get a small amount of Atmosphere per day. This sample station just needs a couple of expansion modules, then it'll be ready to make LiquidFuel/Oxidizer (in Classic Stock mode, DSEV's compact ISRU can turn Water, Nitronite, and Minerite into LiquidFuel & Oxidizer. Minerite and Nitronite are exospheric). Once processed, it can deliver the products via Pipeline to another station or to the ground. :)

Edited by Angel-125

Pathfinder 1.21: Gigawatts is now available:

This release focuses on resource harvesting by making quality of life improvements in the Lasso parts and adding the ability to collect exoatmospheric resources via a new part. Thanks for your help, JadeOfMaar and Rock3tman! :)

NOTE: This is the last release of Pathfinder for KSP 1.3.1.
NOTE: Next release will remove the old MCM parts- they now have replacements in DSEV.
NOTE: Next release will remove the textures without names- they're obsolete anyway.

Lasso
- Cleaned up the available converters. Now there is an Atmosphere Processor to extract all available atmospheric resources from intake Atmosphere, and a Liquid Distiller to do the same for oceanic resources.
- Added a new 3.75m Lasso-300. It can extract both atmospheric and exospheric resources via its Atmosphere Processor in addition to the standard Liquid Distiller. Be sure to start the Exospheric Scoop to gather up resources just above a planet's tangible atmosphere.

Resources Definitions
- Added exospheric definitions for Atmosphere, Water, Minerite, and Nitronite. With enough time and the proper equipment, you can skim the atmosphere of worlds like Kerbin, Laythe, Duna, Eve, and Jool to make LiquidFuel and Oxidizer!

4 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

NOTE: This is the last release of Pathfinder for KSP 1.3.1.

Is there a new KSP version in sight? Or are you done developing your mods? (please don't let it be the latter)

Also: what is the proper method of using the Rangeland and Hogan etc...? If i put them on a Saddle, they are too far ff the ground. But they can't be attached to the ground themselves, and they fly off when just dropped and deployed.

2 hours ago, Denko666 said:

Is there a new KSP version in sight? Or are you done developing your mods? (please don't let it be the latter)

2 hours ago, taniwha said:

1.4 is expected to be out soon. I myself have not seen the date or actual announcement, but I think it's sometime in March.

Yup, March 13th with the expansion

With the DLC arriving March 13, KSP 1.4 pre-release is probably going to be available very soon. That means I’ll need time to prep my mods for a major game engine change. Better to patch things now for 1.3.1 so I can batten down the hatches to weather the coming update storm...

@Angel-125 I have encountered a couple of issues which have previously been reported, and I will try to describe them here. 

The first issue was reported about a year ago and I don't see that there was any resolution. I have a Casa inflatable that was originally configured as a Pigpen, which was reconfigured to a Geology Lab. It's "Manage Operations" button does not work; it causes a new "Start Converter" button (currently I think it has 10 from me playing around) to appear in the right click menu, and throws an NRE. Here is the NRE that I believe is thrown, as well as a link to an output_log:

Spoiler

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at WildBlueIndustries.WBIProspector.prepareOutputsByLocale () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at WildBlueIndustries.WBIProspector.prepareOutputs () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at WildBlueIndustries.WBIProspector.GetInfo () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at WildBlueIndustries.WBIConvertibleStorage.getStorageInfo (Int32 templateIndex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at WildBlueIndustries.WBIConvertibleStorage.setupStorageView (Int32 templateIndex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at WildBlueIndustries.WBIOpsManager.ReconfigureStorage () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at BaseEvent.Invoke () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UIPartActionButton.OnClick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke (System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCallList.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents:Execute(GameObject, BaseEventData, EventFunction`1)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMousePress(MouseButtonEventData)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent(Int32)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:Process()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

There is also a lot of spam at the end of the log for this:

Spoiler

[WBIPathfinderScenario] - no lodeMap found for key: 2East Farside Crater

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5d624j2gk6h0tx9/output_log (3).txt?dl=0

For this issue, I cannot track down the full set of steps to reproduce what happened. When tested with my clean install shown below, the Casa is behaving normally, but perhaps the NRE will give you the answer.

The second issue was reported in January and is that there is no deflate button on any of the inflatable modules. I set up a clean install with only Buffalo, Pathfinder, and the associated requirements. Here are screenshots of the install, the right click menus, and a link to an output_log from that game.

https://imgur.com/a/9Mu3q

The MLM holds equipment.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kxlqmaq2mylwvt3/output_log (4).txt?dl=0

Edited by drhay53