[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

Angelo Kerman

Now that my base is expanding, I'm having trouble managing it without taking Bill on EVA. Anyone got any suggestions? A mod I can use to change the focus point from the CoM maybe?

EDIT: Oh, just found something that might help on Kottabos' channel. Camera Focus Changer, yet to verify if it works on 1.3(.1).

EDIT 2: It works on 1.3, but EVS has the same functionality (o-lclick) along with alt-lclick to switch vessels (much better than trying to get Bill with [], just alt-click him and he is selected). You should add this to OP as a recommended mod:

Who wants a complimentary base photo? Getting a bit big :D

30idvdd.png

Edited by TDplay

What do I do with Oxygen? My flashy new NukeWorks needs somewhere to put it because it's refusing to function (it will not produce EnrichedUranium, it wants me to use the oxygen that can be so easily made by other means (watney, etc) but is 100% useless AFAIK).

For now I'll do a cheap fix - I'll go set the NW to dump excess Oxygen by changing the line DumpExcess in the OutputResource to true.

EDIT: Woah, that's a lot of EC for my base!

Edited by TDplay

3 hours ago, TDplay said:

Now that my base is expanding, I'm having trouble managing it without taking Bill on EVA. Anyone got any suggestions? A mod I can use to change the focus point from the CoM maybe?

Turn on "Advanced Tweakables" in the settings menu and every part will get an "Aim Camera" option. This very problem drove me nuts so I added the feature while I was at Squad (and NathanKell and Mu made it robust).

Oh, and nice base :)

1 hour ago, TDplay said:

Thanks. I am also having trouble with the context menus of parts (eg Buffalo Crew Cab) being longer than my screen.

Two options.  First, trim the list:

Or, use a different, scrollable (and sortable, and searchable) menu to find them:

20 minutes ago, DStaal said:

Two options.  First, trim the list:

-snip-

Or, use a different, scrollable (and sortable, and searchable) menu to find them:

-snip-

Ok thanks.

By the way I think there's a typo in the Hacienda's ClockWorks, the equipment printer is labelled as an equipment recycler.

Right, I have a NukeWorks up and running. I want to transfer EnrichedUranium into a SAFER reactor, but the resource transfer buttons aren't appearing. How can I get EnrichedUranium into the SAFER?

Aand now a game crash, no crash report generated DX

Edited by TDplay

7 hours ago, TDplay said:

Right, I have a NukeWorks up and running. I want to transfer EnrichedUranium into a SAFER reactor, but the resource transfer buttons aren't appearing. How can I get EnrichedUranium into the SAFER?

Aand now a game crash, no crash report generated DX

That does seem to be a problem with EnrichedUranium. For some reason, the resource isn't transferable. It's a CRP resource and beyond my control; you'd have to find EnrichedUranium in the CommonResources.cfg and patch it so that its flowMode = ALL_VESSEL and set transfer = PUMP.

10 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

That does seem to be a problem with EnrichedUranium. For some reason, the resource isn't transferable. It's a CRP resource and beyond my control; you'd have to find EnrichedUranium in the CommonResources.cfg and patch it so that its flowMode = ALL_VESSEL and set transfer = PUMP.

Note that the two main mods that have used EU in the past - MKS and NFE - both have methods for Engineers on EVA to transfer EU.  It's not supposed to be *easily* transferable, but having someone move things around by hand is normally understood to be possible.

So, CRP's stance is that you can't just pump it around the ship - you might consider matching them and having a function in WildBlueTools that allows Engineers to transfer EU - or include a patch that says as long as neither NFE or MKS is installed it should be transferable.  (I suspect I could write the latter...)

On 3/5/2018 at 3:58 AM, Angel-125 said:

Here's a ModuleManager patch for anyone who wants to put it in their GameData:

@RESOURCE_DEFINITION[EnrichedUranium]
{
	@flowMode = STACK_PRIORITY_SEARCH
    @transfer = PUMP
}

@RESOURCE_DEFINITION[DepletedUranium]
{
	@flowMode = STACK_PRIORITY_SEARCH
    @transfer = PUMP
}

For those of you who don't know, this should be pasted into a .cfg file in the GameData folder or any subfolder.

You're welcome! :) Feel free to add a :NEEDS[!mod] to the end if it's ever bundled in Pathfinder so as to not disrupt MKS/NFT's way of refilling reactors.

(I hope it works, anyway - I haven't actually tested it) It works.

On 3/5/2018 at 8:26 AM, Phil Kerman said:

Hi,

I´ve got some problems with exploding parts ( i try to switch the cargo type of the cargo container but that always leads to a station self destruction :wink: ). Is that the bug you allreay talked about in the forum?

Only answer I can give is quicksave often. Then just quickload if the Kraken is having a bad day and rips the place to shreds. I often have exploding parts when building on EVA.

Edited by TDplay
Fixed MM patch to also cover DepU

10 hours ago, Phil Kerman said:

Hi,

I´ve got some problems with exploding parts ( i try to switch the cargo type of the cargo container but that always leads to a station self destruction :wink: ). Is that the bug you allreay talked about in the forum? 

Exploding parts happens to me when I put stuff on the ground, and for the life of me I still haven't figured out why. I've been experimenting with statics though, both to make building on a hill much easier and to resolve the exploding parts issue. For now, definitely save often.

41 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Exploding parts happens to me when I put stuff on the ground, and for the life of me I still haven't figured out why. I've been experimenting with statics though, both to make building on a hill much easier and to resolve the exploding parts issue. For now, definitely save often.

I think it might be a KAS issue. I've also noticed the ground attatchy things flying off the vessel AND the ground, but the attatchments seem to stay "attatched" to the floor.

Also, do you have 0.625m, mk2 and mk3 configurable tanks? I'd love to be able to configure my spaceplane tanks and probe tanks.

Edited by TDplay

Have I misunderstood something or can the gold digger portable drill not be used to mine up resources? Got a base set right over a rare metal deposit I found with a core sample, and found the option to reconfigure the drill with my engineer, set it to rare metals, but get no option to extract? Do I need a different one, or is it tech dependent? {and maybe I don't have the tech}

14 hours ago, vardicd said:

Have I misunderstood something or can the gold digger portable drill not be used to mine up resources? Got a base set right over a rare metal deposit I found with a core sample, and found the option to reconfigure the drill with my engineer, set it to rare metals, but get no option to extract? Do I need a different one, or is it tech dependent? {and maybe I don't have the tech}

1 - Ensure you have done a Biome Analysis in a Geology Lab (can be made from anything supporting PATH_HABITATION, Pathfinder itself offers the Ponderosa and Casa,) or Buffalo Crew Cab at the mining site, and ensure the results show RareMetal as not "unknown". I believe you need a Biome Analysis to dig anything but ore or prospect through the ore.

2 - Put the drill in the same biome as was analysed (KER can tell you which biome you're in) and ensure it's set to RareMetals

3 - Turn on the surface harvester, and make sure you have storage for RareMetals ready.

4 - If it still doesn't work, dig up ore and try a WBI_PROSPECTOR (you can find some in Geology Labs (PATH_HABITATION, such as Ponderosa and Casa), or the Claim Jumper (PATH_INDUSTRY, such as Hacienda))

Note I have not listed non-pure-Pathfinder options like the Rockhound for Bigby Orbital Workshop as WBI_PROSPECTOR or the Homestead as PATH_HABITATION.

Edited by TDplay

On 5.3.2018 at 7:41 PM, Angel-125 said:

My stations are around gratian and thalia in 300km orbit. Usually when the kraken attacks, it starts wobbeling until everything is destroyed. That´s ok, I just reload and try again.

The described problem happens instant. I switch the cargo setup and by pressing the button, the cargo part explodes. I never had such problems before. Maybe it has soemthing to do with the new module manager? 

5 hours ago, Phil Kerman said:

My stations are around gratian and thalia in 300km orbit. Usually when the kraken attacks, it starts wobbeling until everything is destroyed. That´s ok, I just reload and try again.

The described problem happens instant. I switch the cargo setup and by pressing the button, the cargo part explodes. I never had such problems before. Maybe it has soemthing to do with the new module manager? 

I'd need logs to know what's going on. Are you using auto-strut? What version of KSP are you using? None of my mods support KSP 1.4

Sometimes my little Buffalo MünSplorer explodes when it is just sitting on the ground.  Usually this would happen upon vessel/Kerbal switching.  Or entering into physics range while flying another vessel.

This was in 1.2.2, and with autostruts if that helps.  Haven't tried the same ship in 1.3.x yet.

8 hours ago, Phil Kerman said:

Lemme make sure I got this right: Reconfigure cargo -> click reconfigure -> KABOOM.

If it's that, then I can't see why it's going boom.

I don't know what Gratian and Thalia are, I'll assume they're planets from a planet pack. Check if your planet pack is known to have issues with Pathfinder, it doesn't seem incompatibilities are reported with Kopernicus (I assume your planet pack uses it, most do), then try to recreate the issue in the stock planet pack. If the issue does not persist with stock, you may need to report an incompatibility.

1 hour ago, smotheredrun said:

Sometimes my little Buffalo MünSplorer explodes when it is just sitting on the ground.  Usually this would happen upon vessel/Kerbal switching.  Or entering into physics range while flying another vessel.

This was in 1.2.2, and with autostruts if that helps.  Haven't tried the same ship in 1.3.x yet.

Likely an issue with KSP's physics easing. Try

because it eases physics better. Also try 1.3.1.

On 3/8/2018 at 10:09 PM, smotheredrun said:

I don't leave home without KJR

Me neither. If I ran a real space program, I'd make sure the whole craft was bolted together properly before even rolling it to the launchpad.

Does anyone know if I can order and/or send items via Pipeline using kOS?

Edited by TDplay
Spelling correction!!1!!one

9 minutes ago, TDplay said:

Me neither. If I ran a real space program, I'd make sure the whole craft was bolted together properly before even rolling it to the launchpad.

Does anyone know is I can order and/or send items via Pipeline using kOS?

I’m not sure if kOS can be used with the Pipeline. If it needs KSPEvent style methods to create a delivery package, then probably not. If kOS can create ConfigNode objects and pass them to a mod, then it might be possible.

6 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

I’m not sure if kOS can be used with the Pipeline. If it needs KSPEvent style methods to create a delivery package, then probably not. If kOS can create ConfigNode objects and pass them to a mod, then it might be possible.

I've no idea what that means tbh.

I'll (try to) see if I can do it. I'm new to kOS * so I can't really program in kerboscript (yet) but learning it should be easy.

*but NOT to programming, you saw I can code KSP .cfg files back when I posted that fix for EnrichedUranium which I have included in my TDPI Tweaks for WBI mod (unpublished, don't go looking for it (yet)), I can also code some full languages, e.g. Small Basic, Python, Lua (learnt that one with ComputerCraft, a mod for Minecraft XD. Yes, I learnt programming from Minecraft, and I'm going to apply the skills I learnt there (and in ICT and those times when I was bored so I wrote a program) to KSP). Don't worry, I'm actually rather good at programming (and with particular speed, if you watched my fingers type you'd probably struggle to follow them)

Is there a way to get automated deliveries via pipeline without kOS or similar mod? I think it'd be cool as it'd allow distributed bases over a long distance.

1 minute ago, TDplay said:

I've no idea what that means tbh.

I'll (try to) see if I can do it. I'm new to kOS * so I can't really program in kerboscript (yet) but learning it should be easy.

*but NOT to programming, you saw I can code KSP .cfg files back when I posted that fix for EnrichedUranium which I have included in my TDPI Tweaks for WBI mod (unpublished, don't go looking for it (yet)), I can also code some full languages, e.g. Small Basic, Python, Lua (learnt that one with ComputerCraft, a mod for Minecraft XD. Yes, I learnt programming from Minecraft, and I'm going to apply the skills I learnt there (and in ICT and those times when I was bored so I wrote a program) to KSP). Don't worry, I'm actually rather good at programming (and with particular speed, if you watched my fingers type you'd probably struggle to follow them)

Is there a way to get automated deliveries via pipeline without kOS or similar mod? I think it'd be cool as it'd allow distributed bases over a long distance.

Not really, no. I would have to add a feature to save the delivery package that you set up, then a scheduler to auto launch the package. Even then, you would need to periodically visit your bases to give converters a chance to catch up. It is something I can look at once I get my other projects done. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

3 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Not really, no. I would have to add a feature to save the delivery package that you set up, then a scheduler to auto launch the package. Even then, you would need to periodically visit your bases to give converters a chance to catch up. It is something I can look at once I get my other projects done. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

You're welcome. It's just something that bugs me about the Pipeline - you have to manually send boxes.

Also it'd be cool if there were a way to have ISRU work out of physics range. Maybe a system that just remembers what's going on ISRU-wise, e.g. how much of what to turn into what, what planetary resource gatherers are on and what concentration, then work out something that works like a converter, then a similar thing for asteroid drills but it treats the asteroid as another required resource, etc... But I can see implementing that, even in a dedicated mod, being really difficult. I'm off to see if a mod's available.

Or maybe, since converters quickly rush anything they need catchup on upon load, you could trigger this "converter-catchup" every time an Auto-ROC is sent. I will call the idea Auto-ROCs from now on.

The reason I'd like this is so I can distribute miners around the planet, e.g. ore miner in best ore spot etc, and to resupply orbital stations (the non-closed life support in USILS can be awkward on orbital stations).

Edited by TDplay