[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

Angelo Kerman

@Angel-125

Hi, I have been having problems moving from 1.3.1 to 1.4.3. To try and solve them I have been writing to @JadeOfMaar as I first saw this problem with the OPT parts he is involved with. In the process of trying to solve the issue I have created a small test install. During recent testing I thought to check if WBI was also having a problem, or if the problem was limited to OPT parts. I placed down a Congesta? starting module and I am sad to say the issue was also present. Here I am now then to ask if you would be kind enough to look over these files to see if you can spot where the problem is; https://www.dropbox.com/s/wpiqh4p0bzbycz5/save for JadeOfMaar.WBI-Manage.4.rar?dl=0.

The problem is this. Click on the resource management button in the part info. Up pops a window. But the window is blank. Zero info and no buttons. Exceptions are thrown rapidly. I have not left the game long enough to see if it CTD's. Obviously it means I cannot change what the part stores etc.

Edit.

Reading backwards through this thread I stumbled across a post by PrettyMan. The image he attached is exactly what I see.

Edited by Apaseall

17 minutes ago, Apaseall said:

@Angel-125

Hi, I have been having problems moving from 1.3.1 to 1.4.3. To try and solve them I have been writing to @JadeOfMaar as I first saw this problem with the OPT parts he is involved with. In the process of trying to solve the issue I have created a small test install. During recent testing I thought to check if WBI was also having a problem, or if the problem was limited to OPT parts. I placed down a Congesta? starting module and I am sad to say the issue was also present. Here I am now then to ask if you would be kind enough to look over these files to see if you can spot where the problem is; https://www.dropbox.com/s/wpiqh4p0bzbycz5/save for JadeOfMaar.WBI-Manage.4.rar?dl=0.

The problem is this. Click on the resource management button in the part info. Up pops a window. But the window is blank. Zero info and no buttons. Exceptions are thrown rapidly. I have not left the game long enough to see if it CTD's. Obviously it means I cannot change what the part stores etc.

Edit.

Reading backwards through this thread I stumbled across a post by PrettyMan. The image he attached is exactly what I see.

Which resource set are you using? CRP? Classic Stock?

Hopefully a quick and easy question to answer: Would you anticipate any issues if a craft had more than one part that was basically a clone of WBI_DocSciLab? Or even if a craft/base had more than one WBI_DocSciLab? The lab is multipurpose and can be configured in more than one way. Thanks.

6 hours ago, Apaseall said:

Hopefully a quick and easy question to answer: Would you anticipate any issues if a craft had more than one part that was basically a clone of WBI_DocSciLab? Or even if a craft/base had more than one WBI_DocSciLab? The lab is multipurpose and can be configured in more than one way. Thanks.

If you change the name of the part and its title then I don’t see any issues.

Hi @Angel-125 and thank you for your reply.

hmm. This is what I am trying to do. Have a part with a different physical shape. So I clone a part. Delete out modules I don't want. Add in modules that I think turns it into a functional equivalent of a WBI_DocSciLab. So far so good.

My question though is having two of those parts in a craft. Say I call it mm_my_lab. If I look in my craft file I can see two entries for mm_my_lab, as I have picked up one lab, added it to my craft, then picked up another and added that one also.

Is this anticipated to be a problem? Should I be making two parts, both the same, but with differing part names, so that the craft file only contains one of each?

Does my question make sense?

1 minute ago, Apaseall said:

Hi @Angel-125 and thank you for your reply.

hmm. This is what I am trying to do. Have a part with a different physical shape. So I clone a part. Delete out modules I don't want. Add in modules that I think turns it into a functional equivalent of a WBI_DocSciLab. So far so good.

My question though is having two of those parts in a craft. Say I call it mm_my_lab. If I look in my craft file I can see two entries for mm_my_lab, as I have picked up one lab, added it to my craft, then picked up another and added that one also.

Is this anticipated to be a problem? Should I be making two parts, both the same, but with differing part names, so that the craft file only contains one of each?

Does my question make sense?

In KSP you can add many Mobile Processing Labs without issues. I f you have a new part with a config you like then you can add many of the new parts to your craft. I do it all the time when I make a Pathfinder base.

2 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

In KSP you can add many Mobile Processing Labs without issues. I f you have a new part with a config you like then you can add many of the new parts to your craft. I do it all the time when I make a Pathfinder base.

Do you mean 'Inflatable Multipurpose Science Lab (IMSL)' ? I ask as I am using the modules from 'name = WBI_DocSciLab'. As you can guess I am having a bit of a problem, I do not seem to be able to transmit the science. They get, or one does, data, the scientists in there convert that into science. I am playing a science game. If I use something like PAWS I can get a field to transmit. I see the usual display in OneWindow about transmittion, but the science in the part does not decrease, nor does the science total I can use to research new stuff in the CTT increase. I know this is my issue, as in I am making this patch. So I am only asking a simple question about multiple labs.

4 minutes ago, Apaseall said:

Do you mean 'Inflatable Multipurpose Science Lab (IMSL)' ? I ask as I am using the modules from 'name = WBI_DocSciLab'. As you can guess I am having a bit of a problem, I do not seem to be able to transmit the science. They get, or one does, data, the scientists in there convert that into science. I am playing a science game. If I use something like PAWS I can get a field to transmit. I see the usual display in OneWindow about transmittion, but the science in the part does not decrease, nor does the science total I can use to research new stuff in the CTT increase. I know this is my issue, as in I am making this patch. So I am only asking a simple question about multiple labs.

I think you’v lost me there. As long as there is Science in the part you should be able to process and transmit it. You might be better off using an existing part like the MOLE lab from MOLE or Tranquility lab from DSEV.

Yes I am considering cloning an existing lab, changing its model to point to the physical one I want, editing attachment nodes etc and adding in modules that I need to replicate other behaviour. Anyways thanks for taking the time for replying.

hey i have a bug report, i think? i got a probe into orbit, and as soon as i did the "scan for lode" button on the M700 survey scanner, after going into a 300-600km orbital height, and a lode spawned, as normal. however, from the orbital view, i was able to switch to the orbital lode as if it were a vessel, and once i did, the orbital lode was stuck in the process of falling onto kerbin, and as soon as it hit the ground, "respawning" 5 or 1 meter above the surface of kerbin, then falling back into it, and repeating. i couldn't switch back as it was constantly moving over the surface, so i had to "recover" the lode instead, when it was near the ground. i mean, i think this is the mod that adds in physical resource lodes, unless its another mod, but if it is this mod, i just wanted to let you know about the issue. 

1 minute ago, 123nick said:

i think this is the mod that adds in physical resource lodes, unless its another mod,

MKS does physical lodes. Pathfinder does not spawn them, but instead, spawns a waypoint marker over the location and only if you get lucky while driving around with Pathfinder's companion, the Buffalo rover, and using the prospector.

ok, now i have a bug that i know is apart of pathfinder :P 
trying to use the Casa IHM , the manage operations button within the editor just ends up with a completely blank UI that cant be closed or interacted with, and i get my log spammed with NRE's, and lag. 

Heres my output log: https://gist.github.com/1a55c1e3e760d70ac74985dcad7f0464

i have a bunch of other mods, though. stuff like MKS, EL, ground construction, KSPIE, etc. all of them are updated for 1.4.x, but not all of them are updated for 1.4.4 precisely, but overrall the other mods have been working fine.

Edited by 123nick

On 7/23/2018 at 11:03 PM, 123nick said:

ok, now i have a bug that i know is apart of pathfinder :P 
trying to use the Casa IHM , the manage operations button within the editor just ends up with a completely blank UI that cant be closed or interacted with, and i get my log spammed with NRE's, and lag. 

Heres my output log: https://gist.github.com/1a55c1e3e760d70ac74985dcad7f0464

i have a bunch of other mods, though. stuff like MKS, EL, ground construction, KSPIE, etc. all of them are updated for 1.4.x, but not all of them are updated for 1.4.4 precisely, but overrall the other mods have been working fine.

Try updating Wild Blue Tools - 1.55.9 corrects this. 1.55.10 is out, but it has a problem loading experiments into the Science template.

8 hours ago, Bombaatu said:

Try updating Wild Blue Tools - 1.55.9 corrects this. 1.55.10 is out, but it has a problem loading experiments into the Science template.

hmm, maybe. i thought i saw the science UI correctly though, in other parts, the one that lets you store certain experiments? still, ill try updating and see if it fixes it. 

edit: updating it doesnt fix the issue, the casa UI is still frozen:
 WtH2Lfe.png

would 1.55.9 be any different from 1.55.10? cause i updated to 1.55.10, although i think i was already on 1.55.10 before. 

Edited by 123nick

I have all the latest WildBlue mods, but it's still broken. Here is the log.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at WildBlueIndustries.WBIGeoLab.SetParentView (IParentView parentView) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at WildBlueIndustries.WBIPathfinderLab.SetParentView (IParentView parentView) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at WildBlueIndustries.OpsManagerView.UpdateButtonTabs () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at WildBlueIndustries.OpsManagerView.SetVisible (Boolean newValue) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at WildBlueIndustries.WBIOpsManager.ReconfigureStorage () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at BaseEvent.Invoke () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UIPartActionButton.OnClick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents:Execute(GameObject, BaseEventData, EventFunction`1)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMousePress(MouseButtonEventData)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent(Int32)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:Process()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

(Filename:  Line: -1)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at WildBlueIndustries.OpsManagerView.DrawWindowContents (Int32 windowId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at WildBlueIndustries.Dialog`1[T].PreDrawWindowContents (Int32 windowId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2018 at 10:13 AM, Apaseall said:

Yes I am considering cloning an existing lab, changing its model to point to the physical one I want, editing attachment nodes etc and adding in modules that I need to replicate other behaviour. Anyways thanks for taking the time for replying.

I finally tracked this one down and killed it. Update on the way in the next day or two. :)

On 7/26/2018 at 6:42 PM, 123nick said:

hmm, maybe. i thought i saw the science UI correctly though, in other parts, the one that lets you store certain experiments? still, ill try updating and see if it fixes it. 

edit: updating it doesnt fix the issue, the casa UI is still frozen:

would 1.55.9 be any different from 1.55.10? cause i updated to 1.55.10, although i think i was already on 1.55.10 before. 

I had this problem with the ISRU UI in the Buffalo mod.

I'm not sure which step fixed it because i did all this at once, but I did a clean install of all wildblue mods, replaced kerbalism with USI-LS, and started a new save, and wildblue UIs worked.

I'm confused. I havn't ever seen anything in the 'command' tab except the message that shows in the editor to say I can only use it in flight. Similarly the resource converter tab always reads 'this configuration doesnt have any converters.'

I finally started a clean install and new sandbox save with the intention of adding back my mods until i find what conflicts, but still no converters or command.

Picture of command and converter tabs of Hacienda.

8c45369a83.jpg

Is there a instruction I missed somewhere? Prerequisite i'm missing? My gamedata folder has WBI, squad, and MM and that's it.

I've had fun just mining lodes for money/learning pathfinder, and see so much potential fun in the future, but I need to figure out if this is intended behaviour before i continue my save.

Thanks in advance to anyone who might help.

Edit: I accidentally left kis/kas in, tried again with just pathfinder and buffalo(another fresh install),still can't figure it out.

Here's my output log just incase.

Edited by Duhya
edit

Now that I've got the latest round of bug fixes done, this week I'll be revisiting Pathfinder's Project Sandcastle once more. It's a very slow but ongoing project... Anyway, you might have noticed the Buffalo Bulldozer part hanging out in the last few updates. It looks like this:

n2kgVIB.png

It hasn't done anything other than animate, but thanks to @Ger_space's latest update to Kerbal Konstructs, I now have the ability add functionality to that bulldozer part! If you're tired of building on a hillside like I am (and watching bases explode even on flat terrain), then the Buffalo Bulldozer is for you! Send a bulldozer ahead to prepare scrape and shape the local regolith into a regolith mound, and you'll have a nice flat surface upon which to build your next base. It takes time to make the platform, so patience is a virtue. But engineers can help shorten that time. Once enough time has passed, you'll use Kerbal Konstructs' new static placement window to place the new regolith mound.

Once I have the Pathfinder side of the equation done, it will be one of the cornerstones of the new Sandcastle 3D printer part. It will be able to make konkrete platforms like this one:

dz0dFrc.png

It will require konkrete but you can build it quicker (if you have a ready supply of konkrete...) And thanks to Extraplanetary Launchpads, the 3D printer will also let you build bases without the need for kerbals on site! It will take a lot longer, but you won't have to have as many resources to haul around. NASA has a 3D printed habitat challenge doing something similar (LavaHive is my favorite), and I've wanted something similar for KSP for awhile now. There's a lot in the way between where Pathfinder is now and where I want it to be, but the Kerbal Konstructs- powered bulldozer is the first step. :)

Edited by Angel-125

2 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

@Duhya Are you using Pristine play mode?

I was playing on classic stock resources. I also noticed changing templates between classic stock, and CRP(which i have installed) doesn't change what you can reconfigure storage containers as. They stay configurable only to classicstock resources even in CRP mode after restarting the game. My workaround is to use the omnistorage because it lists every resource ever conceived.

On 8/7/2018 at 4:51 AM, Angel-125 said:

I finally tracked this one down and killed it. Update on the way in the next day or two. :)

Been away from any PC for a while. Missed this post until now. I think I played with making more than one science lab. Clone A and add B stuff to it. Clone B and add A stuff to it. I will have to get back into the game and see how things are now. Now that I have spent half an hour just picking up updates. I love that folks keep working on mods. I hate having to find my feet again every time I leave KSP land for extended periods. Which reminds me, I can see one of them ahead, eeek this one looks kinda big, sort of a whole month shape. Oh well. Keeps me erm out of trouble? I guess. :)