[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

Angelo Kerman

Pathfinder 1.29.0.0 is now available.
GitHub URL: https://github.com/Angel-125/Pathfinder/releases/tag/v1.29.0.0

Changes

Hogan
- Rebuilt the part so that the center of the dome is no longer offset with respect to the center of its packing box. This will fix center of mass issues that caused the part
to flip when assembled. BE SURE TO USE RESOURCE DISTRIBUTION TO ASSEMBLE THE PART! Existing Hogans won't be affected.
- Removed KIS attachment port due to adjustments to the 3D model. Existing Hogans won't be affected.
- Added additional tool tip text.

Claimjumper
- Removed Prospector; its functionality is incoprorated into drills.
- Removed drill switcher; its functionality is incorporated into drills.
- Added list of resources mined from the current biome.

Classic Stock
- Fixed issue with OmniConverters incorrectly displaying "missing" status after changing the recipie.
- OmniConverters will now properly prepare their conversion recipie after you change what they convert.
- Fixed OPAL Processor not being able to produce Water when the part lacks the Water resource.

Bug Fixes & Enhancements
- The Ops Manager will again update its button tabs when you change configurations.

rG3UOz8.png

e4qJptb.png

Edited by Angel-125

Hi @Angel-125

I am super delighted to see you here, and that you have just posted an update for Pathfinder.

I would be very happy indeed if you could fix the Omni Storage problem.
As you can see from my test install, Storage_Template is not having Omni Storage added to it.
So any part that once was able to be reconfigured as an Omni Storage part is currently unable to do so.

Here is a nice little zip file to help you out: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fa2bapp57ehhp5t/saves for missing Omni Storage.6.rar?dl=0

That is unless you want to inform us that Omni Storage is only available in the ClassicStock Play Mode?

edit

I changed Play Mode to Classic Stock and Omni Storage became available.

Ok so I solved the problem myself. I moved OmniStorage.cfg from \GameData\WildBlueIndustries\000WildBlueTools\Templates\ClassicStock\Storage to \GameData\WildBlueIndustries\000WildBlueTools\Templates\Common\Storage.
I have no idea why I was able to have Omni Storage in CRP mode before, but I sure as heck can now.
At least I can for my test install, now to try my game "I'm a play'n" :)

Edited by Apaseall

Oh dear. I went to my main game, loaded in an earlier save and found this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/n17muvtdlc4r453/saves for missing Omni Storage.7.Untitled.png?dl=0

What you can see here is two things.
1. Deflated Hacienda.
2. ChuckWagon that is set up as an Omni Storage unit.

I Clicked on the CW, Manage Operations, Reconfigure, Omni Storage. Then closed that Manager Operations window. I saw that there was no Setup Omni Storage button so I went back into Manager Operations. There I click on the Omni Storage.
I expected to see the new pick resources window. Instead I got that.
I am going to each some food now, have a beer and watch a movie. Today has been long enough for me.

Relevant to the above post is this error message in the output log:

Spoiler

(Filename:  Line: -1)

GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced)

(Filename:  Line: 504)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at WildBlueIndustries.WBIOmniStorage.drawResourceRatios () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at WildBlueIndustries.WBIOmniStorage.DrawOpsWindow (System.String buttonLabel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at WildBlueIndustries.OpsManagerView.DrawWindowContents (Int32 windowId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at WildBlueIndustries.Dialog`1[T].PreDrawWindowContents (Int32 windowId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename:  Line: -1)

KSP just keeps pushing these exceptions until, well it just keeps on adding then.

Of course with any error, something else goes wrong, in this case, we cannot close the [snip] window.

Edited by Snark
Redacted by moderator

So back to the test install.
New test method.

SPH. Drop a Guppy. Slap a Tundra. Reconfig Tundra to hold Equipment. Slap a ChuckWagon.
Make sure an engineer is boarded.
Launch.
Assemble CW. Reconfig to Omni Storage. Close info panel. Manage Ops, click OS. See nice GUI.
Great. Feel good.

That then means that there is some inter-mod nasty happening.
Time to add mods until it breaks.
Considering we are talking GUI I am going to start with mods like ClickThroughBlocker.
Watch this space.

edit

no joy so far. having to resort to adding bunches of mods at a time to see if they break this.

Edited by Apaseall

Here is a little confusion.
I installed all the mods that I use in my main game, into my test install.
I had a test craft on the runway, built from 3 parts (Guppy, Tundra & ChuckWagon).
I saw the full GUI for the Omni Storage.
Great.
But no, because I was seeking to find out which mod BROKE the GUI in my main game.

So I copied into my test install the saves from my main game.
I resumed this copy, rather than resuming my test game.
Once more I built the three part craft and launched onto the runway.
Again there was no problem with the GUI.
Drat.

Remaining in this copy of the save from my main game, I was able to visit my base.
You can see my base in the screenshot I posted a link to a few posts back.
The base experienced a shrunken Hacienda and Casa during the 28 update.
Anyway there is a ChuckWagon there that was already configured to be Omni Storage.
When I tired to view the resource GUI for THAT ChuckWagon I experienced the problem which you can see in the screenshot I just mentioned.

Conclusion?
Erm 28 broke my base, which messed up that save.
No mod is being naughty with this mod.

This mod may work well, but not with my broke base.
Now to see if I can rescue my base.

[snip]

Edited by Snark
Redacted by moderator

On the trail of the lonesome pine...

I found this:
parentUrl = WildBlueIndustries/Pathfinder/DeprecatedParts/ranchHouse
parentUrl = WildBlueIndustries/Pathfinder/Parts/BoxedParts/RanchHouse/ranchHouse

Both files define a part with the same name:
module = Part

Yes the depreciated part has:
category = none

But this is still not good as it leads to this:

Spoiler

Tech
        {
            id = composites
            state = Available
            cost = 300
            part = B9.Adapter.C125
            part = B9.Cockpit.M27
            part = B9.Structure.PA.Adapter
            part = B9.Structure.P1.Surface.Half
            part = B9.Structure.P2.Surface.Half
            part = B9.Structure.P4.Surface.Half
            part = B9.Structure.P8.Surface.Half
            part = B9.Structure.P1.Surface
            part = B9.Structure.P2.Surface
            part = B9.Structure.P4.Surface
            part = B9.Structure.P8.Surface
            part = dmRoverGoo
            part = dmFlexoTube
            part = KAS.Hook.Harpoon
            part = Lynx.AdapterBuffalo
            part = Lynx.AdapterMalemute
            part = Lynx.CargoBay.Big
            part = Lynx.CargoBay.Ramp
            part = Lynx.CargoBay.Small
            part = Lynx.CargoBay.Thin
            part = Lynx.FlatbedBig
            part = Lynx.Platform.Ramp
            part = Lynx.FlatbedSmall
            part = Lynx.FlatbedThin
            part = NE.MIS3
            part = NE.ExpExp2
            part = aluminiumPhotonSail
            part = dielectricPhotonSail
            part = SM-Solar-Sail
            part = KKAOSS.gangway.2.adapter
            part = KKAOSS.corridor.4
            part = KKAOSS.gangway.airlock
            part = KKAOSS.gangway.end
            part = KKAOSS.adapter.g
            part = KKAOSS.garage.adapter.g.2
            part = KKAOSS.garage.cover.g.2
            part = KKAOSS.garage.decoupler.g
            part = KKAOSS.garage.front.g.2
            part = KKAOSS.garage.side.g.2
            part = KKAOSS.garage.struct.g.2
            part = KKAOSS.garage.adapter.size3.g
            part = SYplate3m1mX5
            part = SYplate3m1mX7
            part = SYplate3m2mX1
            part = fairingSize3
            part = Separator.3
            part = structuralIBeam2
            part = structuralIBeam3
            part = structuralIBeam1
            part = structuralPanel1
            part = structuralPanel2
            part = dockingPortLateral
            part = PAL.Cradle250
            part = PAL.Cradle375
            part = wbiED3CargoDrone
            part = wbiEstonian
            part = estonianEDLCap
            part = estonianEDLFrame
            part = estonianEDLTank
            part = estonianLandingLeg
            part = wbiAutomatedConstructionHangar
            part = wbiHexHangarAdapter
            part = wbiNautilusBridge
            part = wbiNautilusCentrifuge
            part = WBI.HomesteadMk3
            part = wbiRanchHouse
            part = ThinFilmSolarCellSail
            part = kspiStructuralDisk
            part = wbiRanchHouse
            part = wbiRanchHouse2
            part = wbiRanchHouse
            part = wbiRanchHouse
            part = wbiRanchHouse
            part = wbiRanchHouse
            part = wbiRanchHouse
            part = wbiRanchHouse
            part = wbiRanchHouse
            part = wbiRanchHouse
            part = wbiRanchHouse
            part = wbiRanchHouse
        }

As it leads to multiple entries in the ModuleManager.ConfigCache:
Line 934611:     name = wbiRanchHouse
Line 936720:     name = wbiRanchHouse

I ended up deleting my entire base.
Why?
Well even when I picked up a ChuckWagon from my stores and inflated it, I still was not able to access the Omni Storage GUI.
I am now going to try building the base again.

[snip]

Edited by Snark
Redacted by moderator

1 hour ago, Apaseall said:

Oh. Can you answer this one question please. Is Omni Storage limited to ClassicStock Mode by design?

I can't be much help to anyone for a while (severe PC trouble) but I'm looking into it. Wild Blue Tools is definitely breaking in CRP mode. The Buckboards are completely unusable right now. By extension, everything is or could be unusable. OmniStorage would normally work fine in CRP mode, and allow you to select from the exceedingly many CRP resources.

14 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I can't be much help to anyone for a while (severe PC trouble) but I'm looking into it. Wild Blue Tools is definitely breaking in CRP mode. The Buckboards are completely unusable right now. By extension, everything is or could be unusable. OmniStorage would normally work fine in CRP mode, and allow you to select from the exceedingly many CRP resources.

Thank you. Oh thank you. I thought I was going potty. That I had missed where it was announced that Classic Stock was the only supported mode. I can deal with the idea that it is broken. That means that at some point it will be fixed.
I thought I was all alone. Trying to solve a problem. That the problem was only mine. That the mod was designed not to do what I wanted it to do.
In short all I needed was a quick post to stop me from stressing out needlessly.
Thank you.
Hope your PC problems go away soon. :)

49 minutes ago, Apaseall said:

In short all I needed was a quick post to stop me from stressing out needlessly.

Please keep in mind that modders are people too, and have real lives outside of KSP.  If you post a message, be patient, give the modder a few days to respond.  Bombarding a thread with 10 large messages in one day will only get you ignored

@Apaseall

Bombarding me with problem after problem results in me ignoring you. If my mods are giving you so much grief then it’s time to uninstall them and move on. I don’t take uninstalling my mods personally. Pathfinder isn’t the only colony mod around. I am sure there is another colony mod that meets your standards and expectations.

Some posts have been redacted and/or removed.

Folks, let's please remember that we're all pals here, and try to keep it friendly!  :)

Everyone understands that it's frustrating to work with a bug... but we also understand that nothing in life is perfect.  And we also understand that we're very lucky to have modders who put in lots of hard work for free, in their scarce free time, to give us shiny toys.  For free.  So we know we're lucky to get what we get, and that it's not going to be "perfect", and that fixes and new features take time.

Unlocking the thread now.  I trust we can keep things positive?

Thank you for your understanding.

I have noticed the following behavior:
Manage Operations does not appear to pick up a change in vessel.

To reproduce:
1. Click on the white wagon button on the squad toolbar.
2. Click on the Mange Operations button on the just popped up Pathfinder Settings: window.
3. See name of vessel.

4. Change currently controllable craft. One way is to press ].
5. Repeat steps 1 and 2.
6. See name of vessel has not changed.

My setup:
I am playing KSP 1.4.5.2243 with PathFinder 1.29. I am in WBIPlayMode CRP.
I have; some Kerbals, a Buffalo based rover, a PathFinder base and an OPT based Ship all in close proximity to each other.

Okay, I completely deleted and reinstalled, but the problem is still there. Some parts just don't have any of the WBI specific modules they're supposed to have. They have the modules in their cfg files, so I know it's not that; and some parts have the modules in the game, so I know it isn't the dlls. The only thing I can think is that it has to do with the gamemodes. The weirdest part is that it varies within the same mod, for example the MOLE and logistics modules don't have any convertible modules but the OMS kit is fully convertible.

11 minutes ago, RocketSquid said:

Okay, I completely deleted and reinstalled, but the problem is still there. Some parts just don't have any of the WBI specific modules they're supposed to have. They have the modules in their cfg files, so I know it's not that; and some parts have the modules in the game, so I know it isn't the dlls. The only thing I can think is that it has to do with the gamemodes. The weirdest part is that it varies within the same mod, for example the MOLE and logistics modules don't have any convertible modules but the OMS kit is fully convertible.

What does your gamedata folder look like?

11 hours ago, RocketSquid said:

Okay, M.O.L.E. works perfectly on its own, before I test all the others alongside it I'd like to ask: Are there any known incompatibilities?

No incompatibility that I am aware of. I updated Pathfinder and Wild Blue Tools a couple days ago, and the latest is working with MOLE as far as I can see. What play mode are you using? If it is CRP, try this:

Remove all Wild Blue mods, and in the GameData folder, remove the PlayMode file as well.

Install all the Wild Blue mods you are interested in, saving Pathfinder for last since it also has the latest WildBlueTools. Don’t start the game until you install Pathfinder.

Now go ahead and start the game.

It should auto detect that you are running CRP and rename your files. If not, restart once more, and see if that helps.

16 hours ago, shdwlrd said:

The buckboards isn't showing the reconfigure storage button for me. The buffalo and kfs parts are showing properly. I have WBT 1.59, Pathfinder 1.29, and KFS 0.3.11. No, I don't have BARIS installed. 

iFrXxKV.png?1

Which play mode?

I should probably write an external utility at some point to switch play modes before you start the game...

Edited by Angel-125