[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

Angelo Kerman

Ok, Hacienda, don't click on convertors or I get a grey box and have to reload the save. Grr.

Right I quit. I'll stop playing with this base as it is clear something needs fixing. Or I need to find none WBI convertors. I am sure you are working on lots of stuff right now so I will keep an eye out for updates.

I am sure I can find something else to do in KSP, but enough stress for one night I think. Peace all.

Edited by Apaseall

Hi new user here. Appreciate all your work. How does retraining tourists in the Hogan work? I hit "retrain Kerbals" and then "Set" and then "OK" but then nothing happens... How long does it take for the tourist to become a scientist etc.? Is there a step I've missed? Thanks!

Not sure if this will help at all, but this is what I see in the log when I try clicking on the haciena covertors button:

Spoiler

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at WildBlueIndustries.WBIOpsManager.setActiveConverterCount (Int32 count) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at WildBlueIndustries.OpsManagerView.drawConvertersView () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at WildBlueIndustries.OpsManagerView.DrawOpsWindow (System.String buttonLabel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at WildBlueIndustries.WBIOpsManager.DrawOpsWindow (System.String buttonLabel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at WildBlueIndustries.OpsManagerView.DrawWindowContents (Int32 windowId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at WildBlueIndustries.Dialog`1[T].PreDrawWindowContents (Int32 windowId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Here are a couple of quick ones.

1. Is there a way of changing the default x,y location on screen where the contents of an inventory appear? Not sure if I should ask here or maybe in the KIS thread? I ask because I keep snagging the window underneath when I pick up an item to drop it on the ground, ie adding a chuckwagon to a haceinda.

2. Regarding the issue with blank popup when clicking on the convertor button. Are you testing to see if a kerbal is inside the part? I think I do not have any kerbals in say a hacienda when I try to access its convertors button. Just a thought. I know for it to actually work I need a kerbal in there, but I don't need one in there whilst i am setting things up, or rather I may forget to put one in there.

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 2:38 PM, Duhya said:

I was playing on classic stock resources. I also noticed changing templates between classic stock, and CRP(which i have installed) doesn't change what you can reconfigure storage containers as. They stay configurable only to classicstock resources even in CRP mode after restarting the game. My workaround is to use the omnistorage because it lists every resource ever conceived.

Did this ever get resolved?  I find the exact same thing going on in my game.  I have it set to CRP but its ignoring the setting.

42 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Duhya @Vaga I think I know why that is and have left a message for Angel, explaining why it may be so.

That's odd as that was the first problem I had coming back to WBI, it was fixed in .10 but even then very little was working for me until the very latest version; finally the experiment lab is working and the Hacienda has functional converters, all seems well.

Except for explosions. You can't move the base hub on the surface without it exploding, and I just had a Telegraph explode when I attached an Aki power plug to it. Not linking them, just attaching the plug. But I don't think that's in the hands of the modmakers, I've always wanted to know why the result of a collider check would be to treat the intersecting items as if they were matter and antimatter. They could just move things, or maybe notice that a few inch intersection of a rover wheel and the ground results in the rover ending up in orbit and say hey, that makes zero sense in game or reality terms, but nooo... everything.must.explode.

@Duhya @Vaga Do you have steps to reproduce this issue?

I was playing on classic stock resources. I also noticed changing templates between classic stock, and CRP(which i have installed) doesn't change what you can reconfigure storage containers as. They stay configurable only to classicstock resources even in CRP mode after restarting the game. My workaround is to use the omnistorage because it lists every resource ever conceived.

2 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

@Duhya @Vaga Do you have steps to reproduce this issue?

Not yet. I am running KSP 1.4.5 and have a huge list of mods installed. I am just now getting to the point I noticed the files are not being changed from txt files to CFG files. Under the pathfinder and 000WildBlue Folder they do match inside the templates folder ClassicStock and Common both have the files showing as CFG files Even though it says I selected CRP. The CRP folder and Pristine Folder both are txt files.  

Should the files change to CFG before I restart KSP or After I restart KSP?  I have tried to look and never seen any change before or after.  Going to try pulling up the KSP menu see if anything shows in the log next boot.

@Vaga My suspicion is that WBT does not scan recursively (check subfolders and their subfolders) for files to rename. And these subfolders are where the configs are. Try making the following changes (with appropriate adjustments per play mode) to all the relevant config files (or just CRP and Classic) at the Templates folder.

// existing
WBIPLAYMODE
{
	//Name of the play mode
	name = Classic Stock

//Path
	templatePath = WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/Templates/ClassicStock

}

// new
WBIPLAYMODE
{
	//Name of the play mode
	name = Classic Stock

//Paths
	templatePath = WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/Templates/ClassicStock/Production
	templatePath = WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/Templates/ClassicStock/Storage

}

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Vaga My suspicion is that WBT does not scan recursively (check subfolders and their subfolders) for files to rename. And these subfolders are where the configs are. Try making the following changes (with appropriate adjustments per play mode) to all the relevant config files (or just CRP and Classic) at the Templates folder.

// existing
WBIPLAYMODE
{
	//Name of the play mode
	name = Classic Stock

//Path
	templatePath = WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/Templates/ClassicStock

}

// new
WBIPLAYMODE
{
	//Name of the play mode
	name = Classic Stock

//Paths
	templatePath = WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/Templates/ClassicStock/Production
	templatePath = WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/Templates/ClassicStock/Storage

}

Not sure I got all the files correctly changed but so far its still the same and none of the files are getting changed. I saw a couple errors where under buffalo it don't have the same folder structure that it has under 000WildBlue Tools. I'll have to work on it a little more later tonight and see if I can get all the paths correct. (Errors from my changes)

Edited by Vaga

On 8/29/2018 at 11:47 PM, Tested&Launched said:

Hi new user here. Appreciate all your work. How does retraining tourists in the Hogan work? I hit "retrain Kerbals" and then "Set" and then "OK" but then nothing happens... How long does it take for the tourist to become a scientist etc.? Is there a step I've missed? Thanks!

Anyone who can help me? Thanks so much!

Pathfinder 1.27.3.0 is now available.
GitHub URL: https://github.com/Angel-125/Pathfinder/releases/tag/v1.27.3.0

Changes

- Fixes Play Mode failing to rename certain files. NOTE: You might need to reset your current play mode. Simply open the WBT app from the Space Center, choose another mode, press OK, and again open the app, selecting your original play mode. Then be sure to restart KSP.

6 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Pathfinder 1.27.3.0 is now available.
GitHub URL: https://github.com/Angel-125/Pathfinder/releases/tag/v1.27.3.0

Changes

- Fixes Play Mode failing to rename certain files. NOTE: You might need to reset your current play mode. Simply open the WBT app from the Space Center, choose another mode, press OK, and again open the app, selecting your original play mode. Then be sure to restart KSP.

Hate to say it. But I still have the same issue when I select a play mode. (Have been through all modes trying to get it to change.) If I look in the folders.  Common and classic stock both have CFG files in them no matter what I select all other folders have txt files.

I looked in Pathfinder, Buffalo, MOLE DSEV, Heisenberg, and Wildblue tools in the templates folder. Not one file is getting changed with any mode selected.  

I'm having a problem with unlocking the biome of my Duna base. It's been scanned to death from orbit, I have a Casa IHM configured as the geology lab, I have multiple scientists in the base including one in the geology lab, but nothing happens when I hit the  Performe Biome Analysis button. As far as I know I've met all requirements for that to work, or am I missing something?

And as far as I can see, this is now a required step to be able to reconfigure the Buffalo drills, they no longer have any reconfigure options except View Resource Outputs, which I assume allow you to pick which one you want.

Exceptions I see in the log:

[EXC 22:57:59.075] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	WildBlueIndustries.ModuleBreakableHarvester.StartConverter ()
	WildBlueIndustries.WBIGoldStrikeDrill.StartConverter ()
	BaseEvent.Invoke ()
	UIPartActionButton.OnClick ()
	UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke ()
	UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke ()
	UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press ()
	UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor)

[EXC 22:58:03.814] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	BaseEvent.Invoke ()
	UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

[EXC 22:58:07.593] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	BaseEvent.Invoke ()
[EXC 22:58:11.383] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	BaseEvent.Invoke ()

[EXC 23:16:32.624] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	WildBlueIndustries.ModuleBreakableConverter.StartResourceConverter ()
	WildBlueIndustries.OpsManagerView.drawConvertersView ()
	WildBlueIndustries.OpsManagerView.DrawOpsWindow (System.String buttonLabel)
	WildBlueIndustries.WBIOpsManager.DrawOpsWindow (System.String buttonLabel)
	WildBlueIndustries.OpsManagerView.DrawWindowContents (Int32 windowId)
	WildBlueIndustries.Dialog`1[T].PreDrawWindowContents (Int32 windowId)
	UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID)
	UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)

Edited by vossiewulf

15 hours ago, Vaga said:

Hate to say it. But I still have the same issue when I select a play mode. (Have been through all modes trying to get it to change.) If I look in the folders.  Common and classic stock both have CFG files in them no matter what I select all other folders have txt files.

I looked in Pathfinder, Buffalo, MOLE DSEV, Heisenberg, and Wildblue tools in the templates folder. Not one file is getting changed with any mode selected.  

There must be something different about your system then. I tested play mode switching without issues on my end. All files were renamed properly. I suggest you try uninstalling all Wild Blue mods, and removing WBIPlayMode from your GameData folder. If that still doesn't fix the problem then I don't know what the cause is. You'll have to manually rename the files yourself.

12 hours ago, vossiewulf said:

I'm having a problem with unlocking the biome of my Duna base. It's been scanned to death from orbit, I have a Casa IHM configured as the geology lab, I have multiple scientists in the base including one in the geology lab, but nothing happens when I hit the  Performe Biome Analysis button. As far as I know I've met all requirements for that to work, or am I missing something?

And as far as I can see, this is now a required step to be able to reconfigure the Buffalo drills, they no longer have any reconfigure options except View Resource Outputs, which I assume allow you to pick which one you want.

Exceptions I see in the log:

[EXC 22:57:59.075] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	BaseEvent.Invoke ()

[EXC 22:58:03.814] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	BaseEvent.Invoke ()

[EXC 22:58:07.593] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	BaseEvent.Invoke ()
[EXC 22:58:11.383] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	BaseEvent.Invoke ()

[EXC 23:16:32.624] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	WildBlueIndustries.ModuleBreakableConverter.StartResourceConverter ()
	WildBlueIndustries.OpsManagerView.drawConvertersView ()
	WildBlueIndustries.OpsManagerView.DrawOpsWindow (System.String buttonLabel)
	WildBlueIndustries.WBIOpsManager.DrawOpsWindow (System.String buttonLabel)
	WildBlueIndustries.OpsManagerView.DrawWindowContents (Int32 windowId)
	WildBlueIndustries.Dialog`1[T].PreDrawWindowContents (Int32 windowId)
	UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID)
	UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)

Have you tried using the stock surface scanner to unlock the biome? There's not enough information to go on. As for the drills, they've been updated so that you no longer need to switch the resource that they extract, instead, they extract all resources available in the biome. Be sure to unlock the biome first (see if using the surface scanner helps). Do you have BARIS installed? It's hard to say what's going on with the NRE without more information.

4 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

There must be something different about your system then. I tested play mode switching without issues on my end. All files were renamed properly. I suggest you try uninstalling all Wild Blue mods, and removing WBIPlayMode from your GameData folder. If that still doesn't fix the problem then I don't know what the cause is. You'll have to manually rename the files yourself.

Have you tried using the stock surface scanner to unlock the biome? There's not enough information to go on. As for the drills, they've been updated so that you no longer need to switch the resource that they extract, instead, they extract all resources available in the biome. Be sure to unlock the biome first (see if using the surface scanner helps). Do you have BARIS installed? It's hard to say what's going on with the NRE without more information.

Thanks. I'm not sure what the stock surface scanner is? For the orbital scan I used the um M700 orbital survey scanner. The only surface scanner I know is the Surface Scanning Module, I brought one of those in and ran it and it still told me that I needed to unlock the biome. Your wiki seems to indicate you either need a surface scanner OR a geology lab.

And no, not running Baris but was thinking of doing so along with MKS and life support for a serious hard game.

36 minutes ago, vossiewulf said:

Thanks. I'm not sure what the stock surface scanner is? For the orbital scan I used the um M700 orbital survey scanner. The only surface scanner I know is the Surface Scanning Module, I brought one of those in and ran it and it still told me that I needed to unlock the biome. Your wiki seems to indicate you either need a surface scanner OR a geology lab.

And no, not running Baris but was thinking of doing so along with MKS and life support for a serious hard game.

Stock,surface scanning module:

https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Surface_Scanning_Module

Edited by Angel-125