[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

Angelo Kerman

3 hours ago, capi3101 said:

Let's see...the SolarFlare lab (when you're making fusion pellets) and Watney Water Splitter both make Liquid Hydrogen in CRP unless I'm mistaken. The water splitter isn't in the Classic Stock options and the only output to the fusion pellet process in Classic Stock is fusion pellets, so looks like a negatory unless someone can correct me.

What do you need it for, out of curiosity? I've been playing CRP for a while since it's a dependency for IFS, and I still haven't figured out what it's used for (for lack of trying, admittedly).

BTW, @Angel-125 , I went ahead and finally made the switch to 1.5.x today; already tested Pathfinder with CRP and I've got Buckboards with reconfigurable storage. Just letting you know. They didn't appear to be reconfigurable in Pristine mode but that's intended behavior unless I'm very much mistaken.

cryogenic hydrogen rocket engines like those from nerteas cryo engines mod and those from BDB

Ah, okay. I don't use those mods.

Was going to report Omni Storage unavailable in CRP mode, but then I looked through the thread and saw Angel's post from October 17th, so I'll live with Omni's unavailability. Kinda like the idea of having individual upChuckwagons for everything anyway. That does mean I'm going to have to go back to the drawing board on the TBD 7 - in 1.4.5 she had a Tundra 400 set for Omni with a maximum amount of equipment and a minimal amount of materials kits; it looks like it converted to Construction in 1.5.1 but I don't really need the on-board ore. Probably going to have to sit down and calculate the new equivalents. Not a big deal; just going to have to remember to put the Twitches back on when everything's said and done. Hoping to wind up not having to replace its booster/transfer stage at that point.

Like the new Side Mounts, BTW; I'll probably wind up using those a fair amount.

EDIT: Omni Tundra on the TBD 7 had 2018.25 Equipment and 681.75 Materials Kits, and as I recall I didn't need that many MatKits to start with. Probably could get away with a standard-sized Buckboard full of them. Equipment is something of which I need moar...at least 3k to deploy that Claim Jumper Hacienda.

Edited by capi3101

Man, I'm having to get used to this mod again - the stuff I got away with in 1.4.5 I'm definitely not getting away with in 1.5.1...

1.5.1 had several changes. I definitely killed a lot of bugs too. Meanwhile, work progresses:

lFrP7th.jpg

Once I get the modeling work done, then it's on to figuring out how to track spacecraft...

7 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

1.5.1 had several changes. I definitely killed a lot of bugs too. Meanwhile, work progresses:

lFrP7th.jpg

Once I get the modeling work done, then it's on to figuring out how to track spacecraft...

What's next after this inflatable tracking station? an inflatable mission control? :p

Has anybody else noted that you can't reconfigure Casas, Pondarosas and Haciendas in the VAB/SPH without inflating them first? I've seen this the last couple of days as I've been reworking the TBD design. Haven't tried Docs or Chuckwagons to see if it's happening to them to. It's not something that's rendering the mod unusable, just something that wasn't going on before now. Using Pathfinder 1.31.1 with KSP 1.5.1.

Got a pretty substantial bug to report this evening. Just tried to reconfigure a BrewWorks into an IronWorks using CRP mode in Pathfinder 1.31.1 in KSP 1.5.1; the resources and the decal switched over to match an IronWorks but the converter set remained that of a BrewWorks. I then printed up a new Hacienda and left it in the default IronWorks configuration; upon deploying it, the converter set was that of a BrewWorks - this is particularly annoying as I actually managed to find a spot where I could make Equipment with an IronWorks for once...

Log file. I plan to go back into the game momentarily to see if it decides to behave.

I'm using the very latest version of Pathfinder in KSP 1.5.1, using Lite Blue, and for some reason the Buckboards do not work. They only work as KIS containers - the "reconfigure storage" button is not there. The Tundra modules still work, but for some reason they show the Koncrete and Equipment configs 3 times each, for a total of 6 lines. They're all the exact same things:

screenshot166.png?width=809&height=456

Additionally, the Panderosa, Chuckwagon, and pretty much all of the other modules are not able to be re-configured. They do not even show their markings:

screenshot167.png?width=809&height=456

I've been encountering this issue since 1.4.5. Is there any way to fix it? I'd prefer to stay in Lite Blue, since it's the mode that I am most familiar with.

NOTE: These bugs occur with both Lite Blue and CRP play modes (and, yes, I restarted my game between changing modes.)

Edited by Raptor22
Forgot to add an image.

I'm having an issue with the Buckboard storage modules.  None of them can be configured to have anything more than basic inventory slots like the SC-62.  Meanwhile, the Tundra parts that fit inline with Buffalo parts can be configured to hold necessary resources like Equipment.  I downloaded the Pathfinder Start Base and it will load in my VAB and display the contents of two of its Buckboard MC-1000 parts as containing Equipment(Resource) and Research Kits(Resource), but they cannot be configured to hold anything else.  Also, the MC-1000 unit in the starter base vehicle that displays a storage decal on the instruction web page does not show that decal in either my VAB or during flight; instead I just see the generic WildBlue decal for every MC-1000.  The Ponderosa decal matches what is seen on the instruction page.

So, is this a known error?  Is this an interaction with a particular mod?  I'm running KSP 1.4.5 and all of my mods are built for that version of the game or earlier.  The documentation on this mod is so vague that it took me several hours to deduce that the Equipment it told me I lacked to inflate a Ponderosa was an in-game resource, so I'm sure there are plenty of other features of this mod that I do not understand.

I have not been able to find any reference to this issue in all of my googling.  It does not seem to be listed as a fixed issue for the next version.

Here's a list of folders in my GameData folder:

000_ClickThroughBlocker
001_ToolbarControl
AirplanePlus
Astrogator
B9PartSwitch
Chatterer
CommunityCategoryKit
CommunityResourcePack
CommunityTechTree
DeployableEngines
DynamicBatteryStorage
Firespitter
JSI
KAS
KerbalEngineer
KerBalloons
KIS
MechJeb2
MiniAVC
NavyFish
NearFutureAeronautics
NearFutureConstruction
NearFutureElectrical
NearFutureLaunchVehicles
NearFutureProps
NearFuturePropulsion
NearFutureSolar
NearFutureSpacecraft
PlanetaryBaseInc
REPOSoftTech
SCANsat
SpaceAge
Squad
StationPartsExpansionRedux
ThunderAerospace
TriggerTech
VesselView
WildBlueIndustries
Workshop

Also: ModuleManager 3.1.0

Edited by Tolnorus
fixed URL reference; clarity

13 hours ago, capi3101 said:

Got a pretty substantial bug to report this evening. Just tried to reconfigure a BrewWorks into an IronWorks using CRP mode in Pathfinder 1.31.1 in KSP 1.5.1; the resources and the decal switched over to match an IronWorks but the converter set remained that of a BrewWorks. I then printed up a new Hacienda and left it in the default IronWorks configuration; upon deploying it, the converter set was that of a BrewWorks - this is particularly annoying as I actually managed to find a spot where I could make Equipment with an IronWorks for once...

Log file. I plan to go back into the game momentarily to see if it decides to behave.

Haven't seen that one. Odd! Can you consistently reproduce it?

12 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

I'll have to let you know. The restart worked - I've got a working IronWorks now but no ore to print up Equipment with it (for some reason I'm not making ore on sight despite having a ClaimJumper for it; printing up an upChuckwagon for ore to see if that does the trick), and not enough Equipment on-site to deploy yet another Hacienda at the moment. I may have just had some bugs going on with my build in general yesterday; it was doing something else to me on the restart but I don't remember what it was off the top of my head.

14 hours ago, Tolnorus said:

I'm having an issue with the Buckboard storage modules.  None of them can be configured to have anything more than basic inventory slots like the SC-62.  Meanwhile, the Tundra parts that fit inline with Buffalo parts can be configured to hold necessary resources like Equipment.  I downloaded the Pathfinder Start Base and it will load in my VAB and display the contents of two of its Buckboard MC-1000 parts as containing Equipment(Resource) and Research Kits(Resource), but they cannot be configured to hold anything else.  Also, the MC-1000 unit in the starter base vehicle that displays a storage decal on the instruction web page does not show that decal in either my VAB or during flight; instead I just see the generic WildBlue decal for every MC-1000.  The Ponderosa decal matches what is seen on the instruction page. <snip />

Which mode do you have the mod in? Buckboards are re-configurable in CRP or Classic Stock only, and for CRP to work you have to fire it up once in Pristine mode first.

On 11/20/2018 at 10:15 PM, Raptor22 said:

I'm using the very latest version of Pathfinder in KSP 1.5.1, using Lite Blue, and for some reason the Buckboards do not work. They only work as KIS containers - the "reconfigure storage" button is not there. <snip />

See above. Lite Blue's why the other modules aren't working for you either.

Which mode do you have the mod in? Buckboards are re-configurable in CRP or Classic Stock only, and for CRP to work you have to fire it up once in Pristine mode first.

The dialog that opens when I press the WBI button at the Space Center reported that I was in CRP mode, and I have never changed it, so it was presumably already in CRP mode.  But, as per your suggestion, I followed the instructions at the top of this thread (Start KSP, switch to Pristine, restart KSP, switch to CRP, restart KSP).  Functionality is unchanged, that is to say, broken.  I also tried using Stock mode and the problem persists.

Edited by Tolnorus
accuracy

On 11/21/2018 at 10:09 PM, Tolnorus said:

The dialog that opens when I press the WBI button at the Space Center reported that I was in CRP mode, and I have never changed it, so it was presumably already in CRP mode.  But, as per your suggestion, I followed the instructions at the top of this thread (Start KSP, switch to Pristine, restart KSP, switch to CRP, restart KSP).  Functionality is unchanged, that is to say, broken.  I also tried using Stock mode and the problem persists.

I haven't seen that issue. How reproducible is it for you?

Meanwhile:

wfnWBpK.png

2 minutes ago, shdwlrd said:

Neat... remote outposts for your remote controlled probes. will they track asteroids too?

Currently no, I have to check and see how asteroids are classified. I don’t track flags, unknown objects, kerbals on eva, and “space objects “

13 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

I haven't seen that issue. How reproducible is it for you?

I have yet to ever be able to configure an MC-1000 or any other Buckboard container.  I can only configure Tundra containers or use pre-configured MC-1000 containers that were part of a design that I did not create.  So I suppose my game is stable in the non-functional state.

Hi!  I registered here to mention in this thread that I am also having the issue where the Buckboards are not reconfigurable.  I am relatively new to Kerbal Space Program and have been spending wayy too much time trying to put together the perfect modpack.  I stumbled across Angel-125's mods this week and am so excited about Pathfinder in particular.  I'm really hoping those of us having this issue can figure out the problem so I can get into this pack I've been putting together.  I should say that I had one build where the Buckboards did work, but at that time I didn't know this was an issue, and I've since removed that instance of KSP (I have like a half dozen instances right now lol.  I'm trying to strike a perfect balance where I have an engaging pack that isn't crippling my framerate - 8gb of RAM only stretches so far)

I was on KSP 1.4.5 with basically the same mods as below when I ran into the issue.  I saw that most the people here having the problem were also on 1.4.5, so I downgraded to KSP 1.4.3 to no avail.  Here's what I've got:

000_AT_Utils
000_USITools
B9PartSwitch
CommunityCategoryKit
CommunityResourcePack
CommunityTechTree
ConfigurableContainers
ConnectedLivingSpace
ContractConfigurator
CustomBarnKit
DMagicOrbitalScience
DynamicBatteryStorage
EasyVesselSwitch
EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements(for SVE configs)
Firespitter
GroundConstruction
 KAS
KerbalEngineer
KIS
KS3P
MechJeb2
NearFutureConstruction
NearFutureElectrical
NearFutureProps
NearFuturePropulsion
NearFutureSolar
NearFutureSpacecraft
SCANsat
Squad
SquadExpansion
StockVisualEnhancements
Strategia
TweakScale
UmbraSpaceIndustries
UniversalStorage
WildBlueIndustries
ModuleManager.3.1.1.dll
ModuleManager.ConfigCache
ModuleManager.ConfigSHA
ModuleManager.Physics
ModuleManager.TechTree
WBIPlayMode

I should note that I installed all of these at once last night.  I installed KSP 1.4.3, loaded up once, then installed all of the above, so I don't think deleting ModuleManagers Cache is going to help.  But that will be the first thing I try.  

Either way,  I am looking forward to playing with your mods Angel-125!  And I appreciate the posts in this thread documenting the issue I've been having.  I might have already given up were it not for them.  So thanks to capi3101, RocketSquid and Tolnorus for putting it forth in the first place.

EDIT:  I just read capi3101's post above about choosing to play in which Resource mode and realized I don't need Community Resource Pack in my pack.  It must be a dependency of one or more of the mods I've got installed, so those will have to go first.

Edited by streetlightlimbo

On 11/22/2018 at 12:09 AM, Tolnorus said:

Missed that you were running 1.4.5 (and Pathfinder 1.29?) in your initial post. Yes, I saw the same issue as you when I was using 1.4.5; the issue's been fixed in Pathfinder for 1.5.1. In 1.4.5, the Tundras will work if you need to reconfigure them and you can save the Equipment Buckboard and EC Buckboards off of the Starter Base craft as sub-assemblies; you can't reconfigure them but they'll still work in those specific modes.

On 11/21/2018 at 9:35 AM, Angel-125 said:

On 11/21/2018 at 10:24 PM, capi3101 said:

I'll have to let you know. The restart worked - I've got a working IronWorks now but no ore to print up Equipment with it (for some reason I'm not making ore on sight despite having a ClaimJumper for it; printing up an upChuckwagon for ore to see if that does the trick), and not enough Equipment on-site to deploy yet another Hacienda at the moment. I may have just had some bugs going on with my build in general yesterday; it was doing something else to me on the restart but I don't remember what it was off the top of my head.

Printing up a new Claimjumper did the trick on ore, and then later on when I wanted Slag, a third Claimjumper jumpstarted production.

Anyway, yes, I was able to reproduce the issue I reported earlier with a new BrewWorks Hacienda:

hqpBEiZ.png

Curiously, though, it appears to just be a case where the wrong labels are appearing. Selecting "Make Equipment" above resulted in making Liquid Fuel and Oxidizer; the "Smelt Metal" option here was making Oxidizer for me, which you can see in my resource readout. It wasn't just BrewWorks that was affected - my Claimjumpers showed "Make Equipment" as their option, but flipping the switch turned on their Prospectors. I have yet to play the game today to see if a restart fixes the labels; in any case, this is what I'm seeing. Using Pathfinder 1.31 in CRP mode with KSP 1.5.1.

Edited by capi3101

On 11/21/2018 at 10:24 PM, capi3101 said:

See above. Lite Blue's why the other modules aren't working for you either.

I have attempted everything that you have suggested. I have tried CRP, I have tried classic stock. Neither work. I spent the past 3 hours waiting as my game took insanity-provokingly long times to load as I did the "switch to pristine, reload, switch to crp/classic stock, reload" method.

CRP doesn't work. Classic stock doesn't work. Lite blue doesn't work. This mod is officially broken. And, yes, I am using the newest version of the mod.

Buckboards still do not work, re-configuring the modules barely works (and they still can't show the decals). It just doesn't work. The core features of this mod - reconfigurable containers and habitats - is inop.

I don't know what to say. I wish you luck in fixing it.

Edited by Raptor22

Aye, I've had the same experience, albeit running Wild Blue on builds of 1.4.5 and 1.4.3. I am now trying it in a GPP pack. Waiting on the initial load and thought I'd check the thread for potential new info. I'd mostly given up until now, opting to spend the past several hours learning MKV. It's a brilliant mod from what I've seen, but I like the concept of "Geo Camping" and moving from site to site a bit better than building perpetual permanent colonies and adding on to them to get them self sufficient. That sounds a lot more RAM intensive. 

I'm now at the title screen and my RAM is at 91%. Cutting down the graphics got me to 87%... Gonna check the Buckboards real quick before finishing the post. 

Drumroll.. 

BUCKBOARDS RECONFIGURABLE! WOOT! I'll be sure to post my GameData folder when I exit as I'm posting this from my phone. I'm excited to get into this mod! 

EDIT: https://imgur.com/a/DFRXZrD
I quickly realized KAS and KIS were missing from this pack since I just threw Pathfinder in, so I've put them in along with a few synergistic mods like Universal Storage.  FWIW the only thing in the USI folder is the WarpDrive.  Reloading the instance now.  I have a feeling this may be the point where this all starts making sense...

EDIT 2: The pack still works! To the above I added KIS, KAS, Universal Storage, Connected Living Space, Filter Extensions and Janitors Closet. So just do what I did I guess. Running KSP on 1.4.3 with Making History installed. 

Edited by sumghai
Merged consecutive posts