[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

Angelo Kerman

21 hours ago, capi3101 said:

The one thing that is getting me though is the lack of connection nodes corresponding to the exterior doors on the Pondarosa, Casa, Hacidena, Doc and Chuckwagon; those were all there in 1.4.5 but they've disappeared with 1.5.1 (CRP mode in both cases). I think that might be a contributing factor to my floating bases; anybody else seeing the same thing?

I suppose that could be more related to the changes to KAS/KIS.

t4f2YEX.png

This is what I was kind of what I was talking about yesterday. Used to be that when you hit the H key to go and attach these modules, they'd line up nice and pretty with the doors; they're not doing that for me now. Is anybody else seeing that?

2 hours ago, capi3101 said:

t4f2YEX.png

This is what I was kind of what I was talking about yesterday. Used to be that when you hit the H key to go and attach these modules, they'd line up nice and pretty with the doors; they're not doing that for me now. Is anybody else seeing that?

Nope, they still work the same old way. Notice you're in surface attach mode. That lets you put it anywhere. You wanna be in back connection mode and then I usually have to spin in around to face the right way, but that's how it can do the snapping.

15 minutes ago, Krakatoa said:

Nope, they still work the same old way. Notice you're in surface attach mode. That lets you put it anywhere. You wanna be in back connection mode and then I usually have to spin in around to face the right way, but that's how it can do the snapping.

Ah, okay. I've got another base under construction right now; I'll try that and see if that helps matters. That one's been jumping off the surface on Minmus; all I can say there is that I should've bolted the thing to a Saddle. I thought I could get away with just putting the Pondy right on the ground because flat. Hopefully it'll knock that off eventually. 

21 minutes ago, capi3101 said:

Ah, okay. I've got another base under construction right now; I'll try that and see if that helps matters. That one's been jumping off the surface on Minmus; all I can say there is that I should've bolted the thing to a Saddle. I thought I could get away with just putting the Pondy right on the ground because flat. Hopefully it'll knock that off eventually. 

Also remember that there are some KIS specific attachment nodes in all the parts so you don't have to flip them around.

Meanwhile...

VlqLRi5.jpg

It's almost done! I need to create the bump and specular maps, some colliders, and then rig the animation before I can bring it into the game..

22 minutes ago, Barzon Kerman said:

WOW! What is it?

That is the new Castillo Factory. It is a 12.5m part with efficient OmniConverters, the efficiency improvements from the Castillo habitat, and support for OSE Workshop and EL Workshop. Unlike, say, the Hacienda, once you build it, it stays built.

Edited by Angel-125

Another piece of weirdness going on at the moment - I'm wanting to start up Konkrete production at my base on Mun. I wasn't getting any Slag from the Prospectors of any of the five Claimjumpers there, and I've been KMLing myself full of ExoticMinerals anyway so I figured I'd just KML myself a 'wagon full of Slag. Noticed this was going on:

Z4RcSaL.png

Now, unless I'm very much mistaken, the only process that's supposed to consume Slag is making Konkrete via a Brew Works (of which I've got just the one). As you can see from the screenie, that particular process isn't taking place (on account of I'm not yet gotten a Watney up and running just yet). So, what's going on with the Slag in this picture? Am I missing something?

Edited by capi3101

Just fired up the game again after KMLing the base full of Slag; looks like whatever was going on isn't going on now. For the record, the only converters I had running were the Opal, the LF converter on the Brew Works, the Uraninite processor on the Nuke Works, and the Nuke Works's reactor.  Can't replicate my own bug so I'm going to chalk it up to a fluke. I guess I'll keep my eye on it and see if it happens again.

I think I've told you before, Angel, but it definitely bears repeating: I love your vision for Kerbal Space Program. Thank you so much for all your hard work for the last several years. I know all of your mods started with something you wanted to play that didn't exist in the game, and I'm so glad you decided to take the plunge and learn how to model and texture and code in order to bring your ideas to life.

Thanks guys! I am definitely happy with how Pathfinder has turned out. I’m also satisfied with the Sandcastle parts, they’re looking pretty good. My goal is to finish them up by end of the year, but I’m also running out of time. I have two more buildings to make, some walkways, and the 3D printer itself. After that I can finally call Pathfinder feature complete... though something else might get bundled with Pathfinder...

14 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

hhYFqVG.png

somehow this picture just makes me think of school or a reeducation class, I don't know why.

On another note, what are the minimum parts to create Koncrete in CRP mode KSP 1.3.1 and pathfinder 1.2.1? My best guess is gold diggers for minerals and ore, a Casa configured as a Watney, and a Brew Works Hacienda. Am I missing anything?

51 minutes ago, Titan 3001 said:

somehow this picture just makes me think of school or a reeducation class, I don't know why.

On another note, what are the minimum parts to create Koncrete in CRP mode KSP 1.3.1 and pathfinder 1.2.1? My best guess is gold diggers for minerals and ore, a Casa configured as a Watney, and a Brew Works Hacienda. Am I missing anything?

A Doc configured as a Watney - Watney's not a template for a Casa. In my experience, you'll need upChuckwagons for Minerals and Slag as well. But other than that you're pretty much right. Note that you can also get Minerals through a Claimjumper, and the OPAL unit generates slag though at an atrociously slow rate.

Here's the specific formula from the CRP Brewworks configuration file:

Spoiler

INPUT_RESOURCE
         {
            ResourceName = Water
            Ratio = 0.5
            FlowMode = STAGE_PRIORITY_FLOW
           }
         INPUT_RESOURCE
         {
            ResourceName = Minerals
            Ratio = 0.1
           }
         INPUT_RESOURCE
         {
            ResourceName = Slag
            Ratio = 0.1
           }
         INPUT_RESOURCE
         {
            ResourceName = ElectricCharge
            Ratio = 30
         }
         OUTPUT_RESOURCE
         {
            ResourceName = Konkrete
            Ratio = 0.25
            DumpExcess = false
         }

Edited by capi3101

37 minutes ago, capi3101 said:

A Doc configured as a Watney - Watney's not a template for a Casa. In my experience, you'll need up Chuckwagons for Minerals and Slag as well. But other than that you're pretty much right. Note that you can also get Minerals through a Claimjumper, and the OPAL unit generates slag though at an atrociously slow rate.

This is why you always check the wiki so you don't make such silly mistakes. I was meaning a template for the Casa or Ponderosa that produces water, slag and other things from ore.

The chuckwagons should not be a problem but what is the OPAL unit? I am trying it in sandbox first to get the hang of it but that  sounds familiar. And how does claimjumper make slag? I have set one up before and I don't recall getting any slag.

Edited by Titan 3001
remembered (wikied) the claimjumper

25 minutes ago, Titan 3001 said:

The chuckwagons should not be a problem but what is the OPAL unit? I am trying it in sandbox first to get the hang of it but that  sounds familiar. And how does claimjumper make slag? I have set one up before and I don't recall getting any slag.

OPAL is one of the Pondarosa/Casa templates. Main use I've found for it is Oxygen storage for uraninite processing when you want to put in a NukeWorks. That's assuming you don't use life support mods; I don't use them myself, so I don't know if either of the greenhouse modules also do Oxygen storage (though I'd be surprised it they didn't).

The Claimjumper makes Slag as a byproduct of its Prospector unit; same goes for the Prospector unit of the Pondarosa/Casa Geology Lab, though I think there might be an efficiency difference. Your base's productivity rating makes a difference here...which I'm just now remembering my own self. It's probably why my current set of bases also haven't been making slag - with only three kerbals at each of them and none of them higher than a one-star rating, the productivity rating is very low (-2.7 at Piper Alpha right now, which would explain a great many things). Don't know how that's calculated exactly, unfortunately. In any case, a Slag Chuckwagon is going to necessary before you can make Slag, I'll tell you that much. Can't make something if you don't have anywhere to put it, and none of the other templates have Slag storage IIRC. 

Edited by capi3101