[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

Angelo Kerman

1 hour ago, capi3101 said:

Here's a question - I could use Pathfinder in Classic Stock Mode but still use the CRP mod if I wanted to, right? Are there any known issues in setting my game up like that? Just thinking ahead here.

There would be no issue. Angel's mods in Classic Mode are self-contained and will not try to change every other mod over to use Classic Mode. It's an opt-in thing. The other mod has to want to rise the Classic Bandwagon. :) Everything else that operates on CRP will not be disturbed.

Pathfinder 1.32.1.0 is now available.
GitHub URL: https://github.com/Angel-125/Pathfinder/releases/tag/v1.32.1.0

Changes

New Boxed Parts
- Walkway 2x (Advanced Exploration): This boxed part assembles into a walkway that adds space between base parts. It also has a roof rack for attaching accessories.
- Drilling Rig (Composites): Once assembled, this large drilling rig extracts a large number of resources at a time; it's 4x faster than the Claimjumper.

On 1/16/2019 at 12:09 AM, buckykat said:

In ksp 1.6.1, with the latest versions of pathfinder and extraplanetary launchpads, adding EPL seems to break omni-converters.

https://imgur.com/a/8OZhYdY here's an album of the problem with gamedata screenshots.

Getting the same problem. Here's a bit from my log: 

[EXC 09:07:49.335] KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
	System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,System.String].get_Item (System.String key)
	WildBlueIndustries.WBIOmniConverter.DrawOpsWindow (System.String buttonLabel)
	WildBlueIndustries.WBISingleOpsView.DrawWindowContents (Int32 windowId)
	WildBlueIndustries.Dialog`1[T].PreDrawWindowContents (Int32 windowId)
	UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID)
	UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)

I found another error just before the one @lukeduff mentioned; might help narrow it down for you:

[EXC 13:43:46.824] ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.
    System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,System.String].Add (System.String key, System.String value)
    WildBlueIndustries.WBIOmniConverter.setupSearchTexts ()
    WildBlueIndustries.OpsManagerView.DrawWindowContents (Int32 windowId)
    UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)
[EXC 13:43:46.834] KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
    System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,System.String].get_Item (System.String key)
    WildBlueIndustries.OpsManagerView.DrawWindowContents (Int32 windowId)
[ERR 13:43:46.834] GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced)

I made the switchover yesterday and am now running Pathfinder 1.32.1.0 on KSP 1.6.1.

EPL hasn't yet been updated for KSP 1.6.x; KSP-AVC reports that the latest version of EPL (for 1.5.1) is incompatible with 1.6.1. That might be part of the issue. As far as I can tell, though, I still have working launchpads. I haven't tried to use any OmniConverters yet; will do that and see if see the same as the rest of y'all.

Doing some sandbox testing on Kerbin this evening. Quick question:

mI7sXRp.png

The box for the Castillo drilling rig appears to be a lot smaller than the other boxed parts. Is this intentional, or do I have an issue somewhere?

Tried out the adapter; it promptly exploded on deployment, so I'm guessing I was trying to use it incorrectly. Couldn't get the drill rig to attach to the arc reactor either.

Also noting that while I can get the Prospector on Casa Geology Lab to make Slag, I can't get a Pondrosa or Claimjumper Prospector to do it. I can live with this arrangement, but again I'd like to know if it's intentional behavior or not.

Hey, @Angel-125 - I know you have a lot on your plate right now, but I noticed something odd. The Aux. Electronic Navigator from Buffalo does not properly hibernate. I landed a robot-rover on Minmus with that as its control unit. I put it into hibernation and still had ful control. I was also still getting an electrical drain.

5 hours ago, Bombaatu said:

I've also got a more serious issue. I have assembled a small PathFinder base on Minmus. When I reload the save, the module connection points are way off-set and/or rotated from where they were originally placed. Has anyone else seen this?

Yep. I've got Haciendas at South Base on Kerbin that don't look like they're physically connected to the base, they've gotten so janked up.

You trying to use the new KIS resource transfer station at all? Pretty sure that's what's causing it; it is in my case. Other possibility is not having a part around where you can set an airpark - the Saddle is one such part; so is the Castillo.

Edited by capi3101

15 hours ago, capi3101 said:

Yep. I've got Haciendas at South Base on Kerbin that don't look like they're physically connected to the base, they've gotten so janked up.

You trying to use the new KIS resource transfer station at all? Pretty sure that's what's causing it; it is in my case. Other possibility is not having a part around where you can set an airpark - the Saddle is one such part; so is the Castillo.

Yes to both - had a resource transfer station (needed it to get equipment from a Buckboard to inflate) and the first part was attached to a saddle. I wasn't able to attach the saddle to the ground first - when I did that, it would explode upon load, which would then explode the piece attached to it.

Edited by Bombaatu

29 minutes ago, Bombaatu said:

Yes to both - had a resource transfer station (needed it to get equipment from a Buckboard to inflate) and the first part was attached to a saddle. I wasn't able to attach the saddle to the ground first - when I did that, it would explode upon load, which would then explode the piece attached to it.

Are you saving the game/switching to other craft with the resource station's cable still attached? If you are, don't. 

Might make sure both of the "share" options on the Buckboard are selected. If they are, you should be able to use any resources inside them without the physical link. I'm not sure Buckboards are like that or not. Chuckwagons and Buffalo Tundra parts are (including the Wagon), and Buffalo Saddle tanks are most certainly not.

I've seen the exploding saddle bit too...one time it took out the Pondy I'd attached to it in the process, which was annoying as hell (but not insurmountable, as at the time I was just trying to set up a distributed base in a very nearby adjacent biome - just had to take the time to print up a new set). In those cases you don't really have much of an option except to just drop the Saddle on the ground; don't attach it. You should still be able to select it to set the airpark once you've got the base itself up and running, though. And you can set the airpark with a Castillo once you're far enough along if you need to.

23 minutes ago, capi3101 said:

Are you saving the game/switching to other craft with the resource station's cable still attached? If you are, don't. 

Might make sure both of the "share" options on the Buckboard are selected. If they are, you should be able to use any resources inside them without the physical link. I'm not sure Buckboards are like that or not. Chuckwagons and Buffalo Tundra parts are (including the Wagon), and Buffalo Saddle tanks are most certainly not.

I've seen the exploding saddle bit too...one time it took out the Pondy I'd attached to it in the process, which was annoying as hell (but not insurmountable, as at the time I was just trying to set up a distributed base in a very nearby adjacent biome - just had to take the time to print up a new set). In those cases you don't really have much of an option except to just drop the Saddle on the ground; don't attach it. You should still be able to select it to set the airpark once you've got the base itself up and running, though. And you can set the airpark with a Castillo once you're far enough along if you need to.

I was unable to see anything about sharing on the buckboard; hence the need for the cables. Can that be switched on in flight or does it have to be VAB/SPH? If the former, where/how? Am I just blind?

54 minutes ago, Bombaatu said:

I was unable to see anything about sharing on the buckboard; hence the need for the cables. Can that be switched on in flight or does it have to be VAB/SPH? If the former, where/how? Am I just blind?

I'll have to look again at Buckboards to be sure; maybe you can't share from them. I know the Buffalo Tundra parts let you share resources though. And any of the main set of inflatable parts can do it. I was thinking Chuckwagons mainly earlier since they're dedicated storage parts but Pondys, Casas, Haciendas, etc. can also all be set up to distribute resources. The cables should be considered a last resort, IMHO, especially with all the changes to KAS/KIS of late.

You can make any craft turn into one big distributor through Pathfinder in flight - you have to pick the option to "Opt-In (Distributor)" or something like that. That will set up all parts on the craft that can distribute to distribute automatically, and then you can go in and turn them on and off individually if you so choose. 

@buckykat @Bombaatu @Angel-125

I think that the issue with Extraplanetary Launchpads causing Omniconverter windows not to render is that there is a ConverterName = Smelt Metal in OmniConverters.cfg in both Common\Production and ClassicStock\Production.

My workaround was to edit \GameData\WildBlueIndustries\000WildBlueTools\Templates\ClassicStock\Production\OmniConverters.cfg and change:

ConverterName = Smelt Metal

to

ConverterName = Smelt Metal Lab

and now it works. 

3 hours ago, lukeduff said:

@buckykat @Bombaatu @Angel-125

I think that the issue with Extraplanetary Launchpads causing Omniconverter windows not to render is that there is a ConverterName = Smelt Metal in OmniConverters.cfg in both Common\Production and ClassicStock\Production.

My workaround was to edit \GameData\WildBlueIndustries\000WildBlueTools\Templates\ClassicStock\Production\OmniConverters.cfg and change:

ConverterName = Smelt Metal

to

ConverterName = Smelt Metal Lab

and now it works. 

Gret sleuthing! Thanks for looking into the issue while I’m still moving in. I will create a patch as soon as I’ve finished moving in and get my PC set up (yay for iPad to keep me informed)..

19 hours ago, Bombaatu said:

Found it:

1NWSoOR.png

It's those top two options, "Shares resources" and "Shares with vessel" - you want both of them set to "Yes".

If you're not seeing them with your Buckboards, then there's another issue going on, which we can work through. First question there would be "what mode are you using?"
Edited by capi3101

1 hour ago, capi3101 said:

Found it:

1NWSoOR.png

It's those top two options, "Shares resources" and "Shares with vessel" - you want both of them set to "Yes".

If you're not seeing them with your Buckboards, then there's another issue going on, which we can work through. First question there would be "what mode are you using?"

Classic Stock

i did some checking reinstallin and feckinabout, and confirmed some bugs for you, WHen you attach a tent to a node on the Hacienda tent its backwards, so the tent would deploy inside the other, you have to turn it round manually, this was also present in the alst version.

Also in CRP when you select the brew works, it takes in equipment and says its changed, but it has the converters from the clock works., restart fixes this, but it happens on putting in a new hacienda every time i tried (clean install for testing as well).

And the resource sharing makes some resources dissapear, e.g. the exact problem im having is, that i have a base making koncrete to make larger base parts, but only 5400 local storage, however i also have a trailer with a few wagons on from the boffalo mod, also setup for sharing koncrete with 21000 capacity, (6 wagons on the trailer) but every time the resource timer ticks, the base drops to a half and konrete is moved to the trailer (as you would expect) but after the trailer is half full the excess vanishes. so i only end up with 13000 ish and cant assemble a module. i even tried with hyperedit to max them from either end, and again the ticker just makes the excess vanish.

And i thought id mention because i thought it was a feature origionally, but when you inflate the haciendas they automatically goto a template, and its costs you inflation, but if you want to change it, you cant before its inflate it, so e.g. you have to make it a brewworks, then pay again to get a strip miner. I remember it wasent like this origionally but it has been this way for a we while now. and i thought an idea might be to make the default that fantastic omni storage, and say just a 50eq fee, for inflation and storage type switching in omni, and the normal fees for heavy duty templates (clockworks etc)

sorry man, but if your mods wherent as good i would find ways to break them :p wait to you see how i build a base in a few videos time!!!

1 hour ago, Space Kadet said:

i did some checking reinstallin and feckinabout, and confirmed some bugs for you, WHen you attach a tent to a node on the Hacienda tent its backwards, so the tent would deploy inside the other, you have to turn it round manually, this was also present in the alst version.

Also in CRP when you select the brew works, it takes in equipment and says its changed, but it has the converters from the clock works., restart fixes this, but it happens on putting in a new hacienda every time i tried (clean install for testing as well).

And the resource sharing makes some resources dissapear, e.g. the exact problem im having is, that i have a base making koncrete to make larger base parts, but only 5400 local storage, however i also have a trailer with a few wagons on from the boffalo mod, also setup for sharing koncrete with 21000 capacity, (6 wagons on the trailer) but every time the resource timer ticks, the base drops to a half and konrete is moved to the trailer (as you would expect) but after the trailer is half full the excess vanishes. so i only end up with 13000 ish and cant assemble a module. i even tried with hyperedit to max them from either end, and again the ticker just makes the excess vanish.

And i thought id mention because i thought it was a feature origionally, but when you inflate the haciendas they automatically goto a template, and its costs you inflation, but if you want to change it, you cant before its inflate it, so e.g. you have to make it a brewworks, then pay again to get a strip miner. I remember it wasent like this origionally but it has been this way for a we while now. and i thought an idea might be to make the default that fantastic omni storage, and say just a 50eq fee, for inflation and storage type switching in omni, and the normal fees for heavy duty templates (clockworks etc)

sorry man, but if your mods wherent as good i would find ways to break them :p wait to you see how i build a base in a few videos time!!!

Once I am settled into my new place I can look into these issues. Moving is a major PITA...