[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

Angelo Kerman

15 minutes ago, capi3101 said:

Alright, so I was able to eliminate the two mods I thought might've been causing a conflict with the Castillo's ability to re-train kerbals; I used one of them to generate a tourist (Griswold Kerman) in my diagnostic build and proceeded to put him and Val out on the launchpad along with an inflated Castillo. Transferred him in, mashed the "Retrain Kerbals" button, selected Engineer, hit SET, then mashed GO. Nothing happened.

This issue is addressed in the next update. The portraits needed to be updated.

Pathfinder 1.32.2 is now available:

- Fixed duplicate Extraplanetary Launchpad OmniConverter templates.
- Fixed portraits not updating when Tourists are retrained. NOTE: KIS might not notice the update.
- Fixed KIS-attached inflatables starting off being attached inverted. Be sure to use the KISMount attachment node (the first in the list).
- Fixed ability to reconfigure deflated parts.
- Updated stack nodes on the Patio.
- You can now prospect at any time, but some resources won't be found unless you travel a certain minimum distance (hint: 3km is typical).

Edited by Angel-125

Okay - got 1.32.2 up and running in the diagnostic build and in my main career save. The Blacksmith/Clockworks still doesn't like KIS 1.18 it seems; I can't open the Workbench via the PAW and the option for the Recycler still doesn't show up. I have yet to try opening it up via Manage Operations; I'll let you know there. I'll try again but so far tourists are still not being re-trained in the Castillo. The Manage Operations option on the PAW for Casas also now seems to be completely borked; whether the part is inflated or not, it adds a "Start Converter" option to the menu but that's pretty much all it does. The Casa in particular where I saw this phenomenon is configured as a Geology Lab, if that matters/helps. This was all in Classic Stock mode.

Has the Prospector been removed from the Claim Jumper or reconfigured in any way? I didn't see Converters as an option for the Claim Jumper in the operations manager, but the unit was still producing Slag. Ain't complaining, just noting it.

On the plus side, the KIS mount points for inflatables are working; got a real good start on a new Ike outpost at the moment.

10 minutes ago, capi3101 said:

Okay - got 1.32.2 up and running in the diagnostic build and in my main career save. The Blacksmith/Clockworks still doesn't like KIS 1.18 it seems; I can't open the Workbench via the PAW and the option for the Recycler still doesn't show up. I have yet to try opening it up via Manage Operations; I'll let you know there. I'll try again but so far tourists are still not being re-trained in the Castillo. The Manage Operations option on the PAW for Casas also now seems to be completely borked; whether the part is inflated or not, it adds a "Start Converter" option to the menu but that's pretty much all it does. The Casa in particular where I saw this phenomenon is configured as a Geology Lab, if that matters/helps. This was all in Classic Stock mode.

Has the Prospector been removed from the Claim Jumper or reconfigured in any way? I didn't see Converters as an option for the Claim Jumper in the operations manager, but the unit was still producing Slag. Ain't complaining, just noting it.

On the plus side, the KIS mount points for inflatables are working; got a real good start on a new Ike outpost at the moment.

I haven’t done anything with the OSE Workshop yet or with the oddly sized packing box on the drill, or reproduced issues related to resource distribution. I also don’t see any issues related to Manage Operations on the PAW, but I mainly focused on the Hacienda ad Doc. The Prospector was removed for Classic Stock mode as it is now redundant. 

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

I haven’t done anything with the OSE Workshop yet or with the oddly sized packing box on the drill, or reproduced issues related to resource distribution. I also don’t see any issues related to Manage Operations on the PAW, but I mainly focused on the Hacienda ad Doc. The Prospector was removed for Classic Stock mode as it is now redundant. 

Ok. Manage Operations is working on Haciendas, Docs, Pondarosas and Chuckwagons. Looks like it's just the Casas. Was able to get to the Casa functions via the Pathfinder button on the Toolbar, though.

Another question - have Materials Kits been done away with? I noted that I was able to get a Blacksmith working with just Equipment this afternoon, which is different than my experience so far.

I should definitely double-check my current career game configuration; for the sake of consistency, I want to leave that one in CRP. Diagnostic build's Classic Stock for sure.

56 minutes ago, capi3101 said:

Ok. Manage Operations is working on Haciendas, Docs, Pondarosas and Chuckwagons. Looks like it's just the Casas. Was able to get to the Casa functions via the Pathfinder button on the Toolbar, though.

Another question - have Materials Kits been done away with? I noted that I was able to get a Blacksmith working with just Equipment this afternoon, which is different than my experience so far.

I should definitely double-check my current career game configuration; for the sake of consistency, I want to leave that one in CRP. Diagnostic build's Classic Stock for sure.

Ok, next available time I can investigate the Casa. Regarding MaterialKits, there was a recent change that replaced MaterialKits with Equipment in the Blacksmith and Clockworks.

Okay - <writing notes /> 'replace TBD Material Kit Buckboard with Equipment Buckboard'. Got it.

Might want to double-check the code that switches between modes - when I installed 1.32.2, I did the usual rigmarole of switching it over to Pristine mode then on to CRP mode, to keep it consistent with the way my bases had been operating up to that point. As I was playing yesterday, I noted my Iron Works were wanting to use the Classic Stock formula for Equipment printing, so this morning I double-checked the Pathfinder/Template/Classic Stock and .../CRP directories just for the hell of it. I've been in these directories enough times to know that the files in inactive play modes sit as .txt files while the active mode has .cfg files.

Right now, in both the Classic Stock and CRP directories, I've got .cfg and .txt files:

nvVYDpI.png

I'm assuming as a temporary fix that I can just remove the .cfg files from the Classic Stock directory (not going to delete them, just move them to my diagnostic directory) and everything will start working properly for CRP mode again.

Definitely felt this was worth reporting; is anybody else seeing this same sort of thing?

Edited by capi3101

1 hour ago, capi3101 said:

Okay - <writing notes /> 'replace TBD Material Kit Buckboard with Equipment Buckboard'. Got it.

Might want to double-check the code that switches between modes - when I installed 1.32.2, I did the usual rigmarole of switching it over to Pristine mode then on to CRP mode, to keep it consistent with the way my bases had been operating up to that point. As I was playing yesterday, I noted my Iron Works were wanting to use the Classic Stock formula for Equipment printing, so this morning I double-checked the Pathfinder/Template/Classic Stock and .../CRP directories just for the hell of it. I've been in these directories enough times to know that the files in inactive play modes sit as .txt files while the active mode has .cfg files.

Right now, in both the Classic Stock and CRP directories, I've got .cfg and .txt files:

nvVYDpI.png

I'm assuming as a temporary fix that I can just remove the .cfg files from the Classic Stock directory (not going to delete them, just move them to my diagnostic directory) and everything will start working properly for CRP mode again.

Definitely felt this was worth reporting; is anybody else seeing this same sort of thing?

I am not seeing this - may I ask how you updated?  I always replace the Pathfinder folder entirely.  If you overwrote, it's possible that it merged in your old configs and the new configs, and Pathfinder therefore was able to 'see' what it expected when it checked against the current mode.  (Are there files in this folder '.cfg'?  Yep.  Are there files in this folder '.txt'?  Yep.  Never thought to check if they *also* had the other...)

12 minutes ago, DStaal said:

I am not seeing this - may I ask how you updated?  I always replace the Pathfinder folder entirely.  If you overwrote, it's possible that it merged in your old configs and the new configs, and Pathfinder therefore was able to 'see' what it expected when it checked against the current mode.  (Are there files in this folder '.cfg'?  Yep.  Are there files in this folder '.txt'?  Yep.  Never thought to check if they *also* had the other...)

Ah - you're right - I just overwrote the WildBlue directory because I didn't want to have to go through the trouble of reinstalling MOLE. Noob mistake there; I could've just cut that directory, moved it out temporarily, done my business and put it back.\

Which is what I'll do now.

21 hours ago, capi3101 said:

The Blacksmith/Clockworks still doesn't like KIS 1.18 it seems; I can't open the Workbench via the PAW and the option for the Recycler still doesn't show up.

It isn't Pathfinder's fault; OSE Workshop parts don;t work either

46 minutes ago, capi3101 said:

Ah - you're right - I just overwrote the WildBlue directory because I didn't want to have to go through the trouble of reinstalling MOLE. Noob mistake there; I could've just cut that directory, moved it out temporarily, done my business and put it back.\

Which is what I'll do now.

And that fixed it. Chalk one up to me being lazy/stupid...

14 minutes ago, fulgur said:

It isn't Pathfinder's fault; OSE Workshop parts don;t work either

Try rolling KIS back to 1.16; if you're like me and you rely heavily on the Workbench for your builds, that should at least get them working. You have to put up with AVC telling you that you're not playing with the most up-to-date version, a small price to pay, IMHO.

@SpaceKadet I got to see your latest Eve Space Project and looked like fun! Your use of a miniature AI Workshop gave me an idea for a Buckboard sized part that can increase vessel productivity. I still am wanting to make a 3D printer once real life calms down more as well. Then self-replicating vonKerman machines will be a reality. :) (Which would make for an interesting story...)

Edited by Angel-125

9 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

@capi3101 I am not seeing issues with the Casa on Classic Stock: Can you provide more details about your issue?

Alright. This is my diagnostic build -

pB36nQl.png

I can get you the specific versions of the mods I've got installed here later this morning, if that's at all useful information. WildBlue mods installed are Buffalo, MOLE and Pathfinder; other sub-directories there are 000ABARISBridgeDoNotDelete, 000WildBlueTools, 001Kerbal Actuators and ClassicStockResources. Diagnostic build is now and has always been Classic Stock. 

Here's a Casa I've got at a little starter base just off of the KSC Runway. This is what I see before i mash down on the Manage Operations button.

jpJ2KkU.png

And this is afterwards:

1Bjerum.png

Note that in addition to the operations manager GUI not opening, a "Start Converter" option has appeared on the POW. Pushing that button does absolutely nothing. If I push "Manage Operations" again after the "Start Converter" is there, another "Start Converter" is generated.

Log file for the game instance in which I took these two screenies; might prove useful.

EDIT - Report from KSP-AVC

KSP: 1.6.1 (Win64) - Unity: 2017.1.3p1 - OS: Windows 10  (10.0.0) 64bit
Community Category Kit - 4.0 (4.1 is the most recent)
Community Resource Pack - 1.1
ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads - 6.4 (6.5 is the most recent)
Firespitter - 7.11
KAS - 1.1.6876.38030
KerbalKonstructs - 1.4.5.56 (1.4.5.59 is the most recent)
Kerbal Inventory System - 1.18.6971.42939
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.2.0.7
WildBlueTools - 1.71
Kerbal Actuators - 1.7.1
Buffalo - 2.6.12
Mark One Laboratory Extensions - 1.17.1
Pathfinder - 1.32.2
OSE Workshop - 1.3.1

Edited by capi3101
added report from KSP-AVC

23 minutes ago, goldenpsp said:

@capi3101 One noticable thing is that you have renamed the KIS directory.  I don't know how or if it would be causing this exact issue, but I do know KSP is very path specific when it comes to mods.  In general renaming or moving folders ends up with bad things happening.

Yeah, I fixed that right after I took that screenshot. I'd swapped KIS 1.18 with KIS 1.16 the other day when I was trying to get the Workshop to open in the diagnostic build; this morning I realized I'd left 1.16 in place. Renamed the directories to swap them back.

What I'm seeing with the Casas happens with either version of KIS in place, BTW. Might as well mention that. 

@capi3101 Thanks for the additional details. I'm dealing with some personal issues at the moment but thanks to your logs, I've isolated the problem:

[EXC 08:11:49.958] ArgumentException: The requested value 'Land' was not found.
	System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value, Boolean ignoreCase)
	System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value)
	WildBlueIndustries.WBIProspector.setupHarvestTypes ()
	WildBlueIndustries.WBIProspector.GetInfo ()
	WildBlueIndustries.WBIConvertibleStorage.getStorageInfo (Int32 templateIndex)
	WildBlueIndustries.WBIConvertibleStorage.setupStorageView (Int32 templateIndex)
	WildBlueIndustries.WBIOpsManager.ReconfigureStorage ()
	BaseEvent.Invoke ()
	UIPartActionButton.OnClick ()
	UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke ()
	UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke ()
	UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press ()
	UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

This is related to some changes I made. I should have this fixed over the weekend.

Well this little project is finally finished. Except for NuclearFuel and NuclearWaste (and hopefully no others are missing) I've made (and remade) icons for all of the Wild Blue Industries' Classic Stock resources. Also included are just a handful of CRP resources (namely Water, then ExoticMinerals and RareMetals made prominent by the Casa IHM and the GeologyLab template), stock Ore, and @taniwha 's Extraplanetary Launchpads resources.

E5aDsOC.png

V2JFkzQ.jpg

This icon package should arrive in @Angel-125 's next release(s) and will be available to all who use KSP Alternate Resource Panel.

The resources whose icons I'm replacing (Ore, MetalOre, Metal, RocketParts, maybe ScrapMetal, and Water) will refuse to pick up my icons at first. Make sure to launch a craft with tankage for all of these and then do this in the Alternate Resource Panel: Settings Section --> Styling/Visuals --> Iconsets (priority) --> Set "Mod" first. The effect of this setting only seems to apply to resources that are present at the time on the active vessel when you use this so you might need to do this again if not all of the resources I've replaced icons for are on a ship.

See that Ore and Water change in this example:

St90v2l.png

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Pathfinder 1.32.3.0 is now available.
GitHub URL: https://github.com/Angel-125/Pathfinder/releases/tag/v1.32.3.0

Changes

- Fixed invalid harvest types in the Prospector.
- Fixed shrunken packing box on the Drilling Rig.
- Fixed overchange of Equipment costs for OmniConverter templates.
- Fixed incorrect display of Equipment costs in the Operations Manager.
- Fixed duplicate OmniConverter and OmniStorage loadouts that happen when you revert a flight back to the editor and create a new part.
- Added KIS volume override for Golddigger.

Manage Operations POW button for Casas is operational with 1.32.3 and Enchova Central is coming along nicely at this point.

qAdQM50.png

zkCNFTs.png

Game drops the entire base two meters to the ground every time it loads; if I set airpark, the thing explodes. Only real complaint about it...so I just leave the airbrake off. I also probably shouldn't have put the Rig next to the comm station, but nothing's blowing up there, so I'm okay with it...

Making Slag again. Happy, happy happy.

Still wasn't able to train up a Tourist in the diagnostic save (Log file). Didn't see anything about that in the release notes, though, so I'm assuming there are still issues there. There is this line in my log file:

[WRN 14:51:15.752] KerbalStats.KerbalExt class not found.

Could that have something to do with it?

Edited by capi3101