[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

Angelo Kerman

1 minute ago, taniwha said:

@Angel-125: A heads-up that recycling bins in EL 5.3.0 do not work due to the recycle field collider not being set to non-solid. 5.3.1 has a workaround.

Thank you for letting me know, is there anything I need to do on my end? Thanks for all your hard work, I'm about to add EL support to MOLE as well. :)

@Angel-125 As always, thanks for the quick updates and somehow managing to keep up with Squad's patch spam this week. :confused:

Just started seeing these two pop up on Exception Detector after going up to the new 1.1.2 version of Pathfinder...

This one I dug out of the KSP.LOG while looking for more references to the one below so I don't know if they're related or not...

Spoiler

[LOG 10:29:12.061] PartLoader: Part 'WildBlueIndustries/Pathfinder/Parts/Utility/Conestoga/WBI_MBM' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 10:29:12.102] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'WBI.MBM'
[EXC 10:29:12.103] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ModuleDeployableSolarPanel.AssumeDragCubePosition (System.String name)
    DragCubeSystem+<RenderDragCubes>c__IteratorC.MoveNext ()
    UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
    <RenderDragCubesCoroutine>c__IteratorB:MoveNext()
    <SetupDragCubeCoroutine>c__IteratorD:MoveNext()
    <CompileParts>c__Iterator4A:MoveNext()

This one is from the output_log. 

Spoiler

AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'WBIKISSeatInventoryConfig' from assembly 'WildBlueTools'

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at WildBlueIndustries.WBIKISSeatInventoryConfig.Awake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.GameObject:Internal_AddComponentWithType(Type)
UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
AddonLoader:OnLevelWasLoaded(Int32)

I can post up the full versions of each if you want them.  Let me know if there's anything else I can help with!

UPDATE: This may be my fault...I don't think I actually swapped in the new version of Pathfinder. Will report back in moments as soon as it finished loading up...duh :blush:

UPDATE #2: Okay...I wasn't an idiot.  I had swapped in the latest version and I'm still getting these two exceptions thrown as I reported above.

Edited by rasta013

After last update from CKAN my main spacestations wont load: "WBI.Switcback" is missing. Any help to solve it (by savegame editing or downgrade)? Seems to be quite important fifth element of station.

switcback.png

Edit: managed to do it by downgrade to 0.9.15. Unfortunately: it was not mentioned in 0.9.16 changes - can I just edit and change WBI_Switcback to WBI_Switcback2? Seems that WBI_Switchback is deprecated.

Edited by Mattheus

19 hours ago, rasta013 said:

@Angel-125 As always, thanks for the quick updates and somehow managing to keep up with Squad's patch spam this week. :confused:

Just started seeing these two pop up on Exception Detector after going up to the new 1.1.2 version of Pathfinder...

This one I dug out of the KSP.LOG while looking for more references to the one below so I don't know if they're related or not...

Reveal hidden contents

[LOG 10:29:12.061] PartLoader: Part 'WildBlueIndustries/Pathfinder/Parts/Utility/Conestoga/WBI_MBM' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 10:29:12.102] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'WBI.MBM'
[EXC 10:29:12.103] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ModuleDeployableSolarPanel.AssumeDragCubePosition (System.String name)
    DragCubeSystem+<RenderDragCubes>c__IteratorC.MoveNext ()
    <RenderDragCubesCoroutine>c__IteratorB:MoveNext()
    <SetupDragCubeCoroutine>c__IteratorD:MoveNext()
    <CompileParts>c__Iterator4A:MoveNext()

This one is from the output_log. 

Reveal hidden contents

AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'WBIKISSeatInventoryConfig' from assembly 'WildBlueTools'

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)

at WildBlueIndustries.WBIKISSeatInventoryConfig.Awake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.GameObject:Internal_AddComponentWithType(Type)
UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
AddonLoader:OnLevelWasLoaded(Int32)

I can post up the full versions of each if you want them.  Let me know if there's anything else I can help with!

UPDATE: This may be my fault...I don't think I actually swapped in the new version of Pathfinder. Will report back in moments as soon as it finished loading up...duh :blush:

UPDATE #2: Okay...I wasn't an idiot.  I had swapped in the latest version and I'm still getting these two exceptions thrown as I reported above.

I definitely need more logs to solve that one. Not enough context, unfortunately.

3 hours ago, Mattheus said:

After last update from CKAN my main spacestations wont load: "WBI.Switcback" is missing. Any help to solve it (by savegame editing or downgrade)? Seems to be quite important fifth element of station.

switcback.png

Edit: managed to do it by downgrade to 0.9.15. Unfortunately: it was not mentioned in 0.9.16 changes - can I just edit and change WBI_Switcback to WBI_Switcback2? Seems that WBI_Switchback is deprecated.

Switchback2 is different than the original Switchback. Looks like something got mixed up while working on my tablet. I've fixed that in 0.9.17

Thanks!

0.9.16 (15,7 MB) was much smaller than 0.9.15 (24 MB) also. 0.9.17 is a bit bigger at 16.3 MB.

Switchback has short base, I used it for station docking facility (instead HubMax) and it seems to be missing from new parts when editing - probably deprecation feature? Only new long base Switchback 2 shows up. But great to have it working still for ships already in flight!

1 minute ago, Mattheus said:

Thanks!

0.9.16 (15,7 MB) was much smaller than 0.9.15 (24 MB) also. 0.9.17 is a bit bigger at 16.3 MB.

Switchback has short base, I used it for station docking facility (instead HubMax) and it seems to be missing from new parts when editing - probably deprecation feature? Only new long base Switchback 2 shows up. But great to have it working still for ships already in flight!

Right. The original Switchback was deprecated in 0.9.12. The new one has a built-in base, so you don't need the Saddle. You can un-deprecate the original Switchback if you want- it's located in the Parts/Deprecated folder.

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

I definitely need more logs to solve that one. Not enough context, unfortunately.

Ok no problem.  I was working on tracking down another issue last night with a different mod and forgot to save the log files that contained these traces.  I'll get new ones generated today and get 'em over to you.  I'll also bring my install up to 0.9.17 to make sure I'm on the latest version and double check all my WildBlue components as well.  Will update soon...

@Angel-125 Angel, here's links to both the log files.  It does appear to be something isolated to Pathfinder only as I tested out removing just that piece and it all went away.  Just as a note, something I noticed that maybe I'm missing in the log files but figured I'd mention it anyway - it appears that just before the NRE pops that Exception Detector pops off a message about adjusting drag cubes.  I haven't been able to catch a screenshot of it yet and it may be completely meaningless but it is something that I've noticed happening seemingly every time the NRE pops.  As always, let me know if there's anything else I can do to help (besides trying to get that drag cube message in full :) )

Link to output_log

Link to KSP.LOG

UPDATE: Caught it this time...

bxSpLvm.jpg

Edited by rasta013
Inserted image capture

@Angel-125 , just wanted to thank you for this modding magic, as this "on the go" thing is what I wanted in the game for ages.. Then oops, here is a bug.
Started exploring Pathfinder from this latest version. In the KSC screen settings, where you select "play mode", instead you'll get this and this:

GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced)

(Filename:  Line: 405)

at UnityEngine.GUIContent.Temp (System.String[] texts) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout.SelectionGrid (Int32 selected, System.String[] texts, Int32 xCount, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WildBlueIndustries.PlayModesWindow.DrawWindowContents (Int32 windowId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WildBlueIndustries.Window`1[T].PreDrawWindowContents (Int32 windowId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename:  Line: -1)

..weird, tried to reproduce it on clean install (only dependencies installed), to be sure that isn't mod conflict, and loading freezes on Buffalo's RCS part throwing nullrefs.

Well, it seems that in the multiple KSP 1.1.x builds, I lost a few files on the way. This release should straighten all that out.

KSP 0.9.19

Fixed some missing files resulting from the transition to KSP 1.1.x

Kind of frustrating, but it should all be working again now. :)

Edited by Angel-125

9 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Well, it seems that in the multiple KSP 1.1.x builds, I lost a few files on the way. This release should straighten all that out.

KSP 0.9.19

Fixed some missing files resulting from the transition to KSP 1.1.x

Kind of frustrating, but it should all be working again now. :)

Thank you! I'm finally caught up enough with my dynamics homework that I can play a little tonight!

18 minutes ago, westamastaflash said:

Is there any way to have these parts not be included in the "rescue kerbal" contracts? I can't figure out how to open them and the kerbal doesn't show up when i switch to the part. I'll transfer him in the save file for now I suppose.

Having the same issue.  Specifically, when I click on the crew hatch and select EVA I get a message saying the hatch is obstructed.

1 hour ago, westamastaflash said:

Is there any way to have these parts not be included in the "rescue kerbal" contracts? I can't figure out how to open them and the kerbal doesn't show up when i switch to the part. I'll transfer him in the save file for now I suppose.

Maybe. Depends upon if the stock game lets me exclude parts.

Hey Angel,

i found a weird bug with Pathfinder. As soon as I launch a rocket with a mobile processing lab and reach 6000m I lose the camera focus on the rocket and everything behaves weird.

I did a little bit of testing and can track it down to pathfinder only. I tested it with stock KSP + the requierd mods but nothing else in KSP 1.1 and also in 1.1.2 both in x32 an x64. I tried everything I could to narrow it down a bit more but was unable. All I can say is that problem only occurs when I have a lab on my rocket!

Do you have a clue how to fix it?

Btw. the only exception except (:D) for the steamworks.dll is this one:

[EXC 16:58:55.292] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    WildBlueIndustries.WBISciLabOpsView.OnStart (StartState state)
    Part.ModulesOnStart ()
    Part+<Start>c__Iterator25.MoveNext ()

Edited by JohnWildman

36 minutes ago, JohnWildman said:

Hey Angel,

i found a weird bug with Pathfinder. As soon as I launch a rocket with a mobile processing lab and reach 6000m I lose the camera focus on the rocket and everything behaves weird.

I did a little bit of testing and can track it down to pathfinder only. I tested it with stock KSP + the requierd mods but nothing else in KSP 1.1 and also in 1.1.2 both in x32 an x64. I tried everything I could to narrow it down a bit more but was unable. All I can say is that problem only occurs when I have a lab on my rocket!

Do you have a clue how to fix it?

Btw. the only exception except (:D) for the steamworks.dll is this one:

[EXC 16:58:55.292] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    WildBlueIndustries.WBISciLabOpsView.OnStart (StartState state)
    Part.ModulesOnStart ()
    Part+<Start>c__Iterator25.MoveNext ()

Try Pathfinder 0.9.20. I had some issues with parts and MM patches and the like that happened during the transition between KSP 1.1 and KSP 1.1.2. I think I've got it all stabilized again.