[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

Angelo Kerman

2 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Try Pathfinder 0.9.20. I had some issues with parts and MM patches and the like that happened during the transition between KSP 1.1 and KSP 1.1.2. I think I've got it all stabilized again.

Once again I can only repeat myself:

You are awesome! Thank you!

I will try this in about 30 min and let you know wether it is fixed or not!

1 minute ago, JohnWildman said:

Once again I can only repeat myself:

You are awesome! Thank you!

I will try this in about 30 min and let you know wether it is fixed or not!

No problem. :) Apologies for the multiple updates in so short a time, KSP's 1.1.x updates gave me a lot of trouble.

38 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

No problem. :) Apologies for the multiple updates in so short a time, KSP's 1.1.x updates gave me a lot of trouble.

Seems you have beaten the troubles! At least my reported issue is gone! :)

Thanks again!!!

Edited by JohnWildman

Running Pathfinder 0.9.20 and can't get the Homestead IMM Mk2 to launch to orbit.  Also cannot bring up the Manage Operations window.

Have the debug window open in the screenshot linked below.  What happens is the camera seems to divorce itself from tracking the current vessel as I'm on accent.    Another error I've had is an absence of gravity affecting the vessel when I try to launch it.  The rocket shoots straight up at lightning speed, leaving the root part (Homestead IMM Mk2) behind and undamaged.

Mods Installed:

USI Tools, Community Resource Pack, CST-100, Firespitter, KAS, KIS, MechJeb2, Planetary Bases, Ship Manifest, USI Life Support, Wild Blue Industries Pathfinder and the Buffalo (including the WildBlueTools).

http:// http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=679285143

Thanks for taking the time developing this mod it looks promising. Was about to install it on my main career that started few days ago and decided to give it a try first alone. And I ran into a problem.

Pathfinder version 0.9.20.

Clean KSP install.

I droped a Ponderosa IHM on KSC to give a try to the basics systems. When Trying to go on EVA on Ponderosa IHM (Configured as Habitat) it says: "Hatch is obstructed, can't exit." and it won't let Bill go out.

There is nothing in front of the hatch, of course.

Not sure if it's a known bug or I'm an unlucky man.

Thanks for your help!

Edited by Elkram

11 hours ago, Tianar said:

Running Pathfinder 0.9.20 and can't get the Homestead IMM Mk2 to launch to orbit.  Also cannot bring up the Manage Operations window.

Have the debug window open in the screenshot linked below.  What happens is the camera seems to divorce itself from tracking the current vessel as I'm on accent.    Another error I've had is an absence of gravity affecting the vessel when I try to launch it.  The rocket shoots straight up at lightning speed, leaving the root part (Homestead IMM Mk2) behind and undamaged.

Mods Installed:

USI Tools, Community Resource Pack, CST-100, Firespitter, KAS, KIS, MechJeb2, Planetary Bases, Ship Manifest, USI Life Support, Wild Blue Industries Pathfinder and the Buffalo (including the WildBlueTools).

http:// http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=679285143

Make sure to download the mod from GitHub. I don't have issues when using the GitHub install related to what you're seeing. Be sure to install everything included.

23 minutes ago, Elkram said:

Thanks for taking the time developing this mod ir looks promising. Was about to install it on my main career and started few days ago and decided to give it a try forst alone. And I run into a problem.

Pathfinder version 0.9.20.

Clean KSP install.

I droped a Ponderosa IHM on KSC to give a tri to the basics sustems. When Trying to go on EVA on Ponderosa IHM (Configured as Habitat) it says: "Hatch is obstructed, can't exit." and it won't let Bill go out.

Not sure if it's a known bug or I'm an unlucky man.

Thanks for your help!

0.9.21 should fix that issue:

- Fixed an issue with the Gold Digger and Contract Configurator. Thanks for the fix, @Enceos :)
- Fixed an issue where the Ponderosa would not allow entry/exit into the module.

12 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Make sure to download the mod from GitHub. I don't have issues when using the GitHub install related to what you're seeing. Be sure to install everything included.

0.9.21 should fix that issue:

- Fixed an issue with the Gold Digger and Contract Configurator. Thanks for the fix, @Enceos :)
- Fixed an issue where the Ponderosa would not allow entry/exit into the module.

:confused: Awesome! I'll give it a second try now!

Thanks for your time!

Edit: Bill is free! is free! Thanks!

Edited by Elkram

Shoot, this might have been fixed with 0.9.21, so sorry if it has been. Exception happens on load related to drag cube and the wagon. Don't know if that's meaningful or not, just thought I'd throw it here. No full log at moment, sorry!

Spoiler

PartLoader: Part 'WildBlueIndustries/Buffalo/Parts/Utility/Wagon2u/WBI_Wagon2u' has no database record. Creating.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)

DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'WBI.Wagon2u'

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ModuleDeployableSolarPanel.AssumeDragCubePosition (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at DragCubeSystem+<RenderDragCubes>c__IteratorC.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine_Auto(IEnumerator)
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
<RenderDragCubesCoroutine>c__IteratorB:MoveNext()
<SetupDragCubeCoroutine>c__IteratorD:MoveNext()
<CompileParts>c__Iterator4A:MoveNext()

(Filename:  Line: -1)

EDIT: Oops. Should note that this is with FAR installed, so may or may not even have anything to do with you (?). Possibly useless information... =(

EDIT 2: Unimportant issue: The JetWing parachute is miscategorized as a fuel tank.

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly

2 hours ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

Shoot, this might have been fixed with 0.9.21, so sorry if it has been. Exception happens on load related to drag cube and the wagon. Don't know if that's meaningful or not, just thought I'd throw it here. No full log at moment, sorry!

Reveal hidden contents

PartLoader: Part 'WildBlueIndustries/Buffalo/Parts/Utility/Wagon2u/WBI_Wagon2u' has no database record. Creating.

DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'WBI.Wagon2u'

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ModuleDeployableSolarPanel.AssumeDragCubePosition (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at DragCubeSystem+<RenderDragCubes>c__IteratorC.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
<RenderDragCubesCoroutine>c__IteratorB:MoveNext()
<SetupDragCubeCoroutine>c__IteratorD:MoveNext()
<CompileParts>c__Iterator4A:MoveNext()

(Filename:  Line: -1)

EDIT: Oops. Should note that this is with FAR installed, so may or may not even have anything to do with you (?). Possibly useless information... =(

EDIT 2: Unimportant issue: The JetWing parachute is miscategorized as a fuel tank.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll fix that in the next update. The NRE isn't mission critical thankfully. :)

Hey all I have the buffalo MSEV mod installed.

Every time I place a part i get this error

[Error]: Input is null
   at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
   at ConfigNode.CleanupInput(System.String value)
   at ConfigNode.AddValue(System.String name, System.String value)
   at BaseFieldList.Save(.ConfigNode node)
   at PartModule.Save(.ConfigNode node)
   at ShipConstruct.SaveShip()
   at ShipConstruction.CreateBackup(.ShipConstruct ship)
   at EditorLogic.SetBackup()
   at EditorLogic.<SetupFSM>m__101()
   at KerbalFSM.RunEvent(.KFSMEvent evt)
   at KerbalFSM.updateFSM(KFSMUpdateMode mode)
   at KerbalFSM.UpdateFSM()
   at EditorLogic.Update()

Not sure if this info is enough?

Thanks so much in advance :)

EDIT

hmmmm hang on I seem to be getting this error when i place pretty much any thing not just Buffalo parts DOH :(.

Any idea what it might be :(

Edited by stk2008

7 hours ago, stk2008 said:

Hey all I have the buffalo MSEV mod installed.

Every time I place a part i get this error

[Error]: Input is null
   at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
   at ConfigNode.CleanupInput(System.String value)
   at ConfigNode.AddValue(System.String name, System.String value)
   at BaseFieldList.Save(.ConfigNode node)
   at PartModule.Save(.ConfigNode node)
   at ShipConstruct.SaveShip()
   at ShipConstruction.CreateBackup(.ShipConstruct ship)
   at EditorLogic.SetBackup()
   at EditorLogic.<SetupFSM>m__101()
   at KerbalFSM.RunEvent(.KFSMEvent evt)
   at KerbalFSM.updateFSM(KFSMUpdateMode mode)
   at KerbalFSM.UpdateFSM()
   at EditorLogic.Update()

Not sure if this info is enough?

Thanks so much in advance :)

EDIT

hmmmm hang on I seem to be getting this error when i place pretty much any thing not just Buffalo parts DOH :(.

Any idea what it might be :(

Thanks, I'll take a look at what's going on. :)

Thank you :)

Sorry if its not enough info but I dont seem to get a crash it just keeps repeating that error.

Place a part of the buffolo down and move it about it spams that error it mainly seems to do it to parts that use resources eg the chassis,cab etc.

Angel 125 thanks for the great mod.  However, since you brought the new switchback I am getting hit by the Kia/ kas explosion kraken. This is  a situation I did not have with the old switchback saddle combination. On the plus side the attachment nodes are way more robust. 

Rafa

2 hours ago, Rafael acevedo said:

Angel 125 thanks for the great mod.  However, since you brought the new switchback I am getting hit by the Kia/ kas explosion kraken. This is  a situation I did not have with the old switchback saddle combination. On the plus side the attachment nodes are way more robust. 

Rafa

Can you be more specific about what's going on? Do you have logs? Thanks! :)

No logs since game never crashes. I got a high level engineer with tool equipped with electric wrench and carrying switchback in the number two inventory slot. Select number two slot, place switchback on ground and bolt using h key. Switchback appears bolted for about a second them boom it explodes. It happens about 50 percent of the time. With the old saddle switchback combination, the installation was successful 95  percent of the time, and on the few occasion it didn't it was probably because I had forgotten to equip kerbal with wrench.   Don't know if this is related but placing a switchback on kerbals back sends him flying. I believe it is due to the fact that it rest to low on the kerbal, kerbal feet not on ground, but the switchback is touching,so I guess collisions are being registered, which is then sending kerbal flying

Edited by Rafael acevedo

I don't seem to be able to actually attach my saddles to the ground.  I "attach" them and hear the drill sound and everything but then I can just push them and anything mounted on them around by walking into it.  I've tried attaching them directly from inventory or dropping them first and then grabbing and attaching (like it says on the wiki).  Is there a trick I'm missing or is something broken?  This is version 0.9.21.

2 hours ago, Cruzo said:

Just tried again with both the wrench and the electric screwdriver, I get the hammer & drill sound effect either way but the thing moves either way too.

2 hours ago, Cruzo said:

I don't seem to be able to actually attach my saddles to the ground.  I "attach" them and hear the drill sound and everything but then I can just push them and anything mounted on them around by walking into it.  I've tried attaching them directly from inventory or dropping them first and then grabbing and attaching (like it says on the wiki).  Is there a trick I'm missing or is something broken?  This is version 0.9.21.

Ok, I think I know what's happening and should have a fix in a day or two. It has to do with the colliders.

21 hours ago, Cruzo said:

9 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Hopefully 0.9.22 will help:

- Fixed an issue with the Switchback sliding around after being bolted to the ground.
- The original model for the Switchback is back temporarily to help allieviate some of the issues found.
- All buffalo parts now have drag cubes.

I think I caught the problem, looks like a KAS misconfiguration:

in the original saddle.cfg I found this:

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleKISItem
        volumeOverride = 100
        stackable = true
        allowPartAttach = 2
        allowStaticAttach = 1
        staticAttachBreakForce = 10
    }

I did check the debug window, after attached to the ground, if you stepped over it it broke and same happened when attaching something so I changed it:

staticAttachBreakForce = 80

Changed it from 10 to 80 and now it doesn't breaks when my kerbal steps over it or when attaching something.

Don't know if changing the model does anything or not I did this change before this last patch didn't post it sooner becouse I was busy.

Hope it helps.

Edited by Elkram

Angel-125: I've finally gotten around to downloading Pathfinder and poking at it. I've already noticed one little issue: the Spyglass doesn't have any crew capacity, but EL (as of 5.2.91) makes the survey station's range dependent on who's in it:

• nobody: 20m
  • non-surveyor: 50m
  • 0-star surveyor: 100m (range prior to 5.2.91)
  • 1-star surveyor: 200m
  • 2-star surveyor: 400m
  • 3-star surveyor: 800m
  • 4-star surveyor: 1600m
  • 5-star surveyor: 2000m (not doubled to 3200m because of KSP's physics range, even then I'm not sure how well it works past 200m)

A surveyor is a kerbal with the surveying skill (by default, pilot).

It looks like it could take one kerbal without trouble (all EL needs for the survey station).

That said, nice part :)

Another issue is the Switchback Base Hub makes the VAB think it's a locked part when I try to launch after a revert.