[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

Angelo Kerman

4 minutes ago, vardicd said:

yeah I'm not sure what's up with that. my PC has been known to move and re-arrange things before without any reason, so I'm guessing that's what happened here?

Don't know. My suggestion is to go to GitHub and re-download Pathfinder. Then delete your existing WildBlueIndustries folder and install everything in the zip file.

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

Don't know. My suggestion is to go to GitHub and re-download Pathfinder. Then delete your existing WildBlueIndustries folder and install everything in the zip file.

Completely deleting the entire constellation of your mods and reinstalling them clean fixed the mineshaft part, unfortunately now I have 4 of the Mk1 radial showing up in the research facility. and it won't stay purchased. Lol. now I have to figure out what's going on here:

L4DuG65.jpg

6 minutes ago, vardicd said:

Completely deleting the entire constellation of your mods and reinstalling them clean fixed the mineshaft part, unfortunately now I have 4 of the Mk1 radial showing up in the research facility. and it won't stay purchased. Lol. now I have to figure out what's going on here:

Completely remove all wild blue mods, download the latest from GitHub, and reinstall.

Quick question, why is it that the small inflatable hab dome, this fellow:

oHfH6pX.jpg

sometimes takes resources to inflate, and other times does not? In my game testing out building a base near the KSC runway before actually deploying the base to its intended destination, I was able to inflate and deflate one numerous times without needing resources, but then later it required them to inflate. Has my PC caused me problems, or when I was testing, since I was at KSC did the game just assume I have the needed materials on hand?

7 hours ago, vardicd said:

Quick question, why is it that the small inflatable hab dome, this fellow:

oHfH6pX.jpg

sometimes takes resources to inflate, and other times does not? In my game testing out building a base near the KSC runway before actually deploying the base to its intended destination, I was able to inflate and deflate one numerous times without needing resources, but then later it required them to inflate. Has my PC caused me problems, or when I was testing, since I was at KSC did the game just assume I have the needed materials on hand?

When specifically does it require resources? Which configurations? Are you inflating or deflating the module?

Which specific configurations don't require resources? Are you inflating or deflating the module?

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

When specifically does it require resources? Which configurations? Are you inflating or deflating the module?

Which specific configurations don't require resources? Are you inflating or deflating the module?

It was just configured as the 4 kerbal habitat. configured in the SPH and I launched a vehicle to set up a test base just off the runway, and i was able to set up a small base with a few buildings, but it never required resources to inflate. I inflated and deflated them a few times, moving the units around to find a base setup I was happy with, but when I built my actual base away from the KSC the habitat wouldn't inflate when I first tried to inflate it. I had to fly a second craft out with what ever resources it was saying it required. I don't recall off the top of my head which it was now.

Just now, SpaceBadger007 said:

@Angel-125 I cannot seem to be able to put the doc science lab into the buffalo/pathfinder kis containers while holding left/right click in the SPH. Is that just me?

Known limitation with KIS and the stock part modules that are part of any science lab. To get around the problem, attach the part to your ship, then click and drag the part into the container. Finally, delete the part that you put on your ship.

I have just started building my first base, rummaging around on the Pathfinder Wiki. Is there some way to figure how much equipment is needed to inflate a given module in a given configuration? I got rather surprised when the Haciendas where at 3000 something instead of 450 like the Ponderosa.

9 hours ago, Freshmeat said:

I have just started building my first base, rummaging around on the Pathfinder Wiki. Is there some way to figure how much equipment is needed to inflate a given module in a given configuration? I got rather surprised when the Haciendas where at 3000 something instead of 450 like the Ponderosa.

When you hit Manage Operations, look at the top of the Configuration tab. It tells you the amount required and skill required 

I am  seeing the same issue that Cruzo is seeing with regards to the Casa and Ponderosa. 

If configured as a hab module in the KSC, it's inflatable and and operations can be managed with the tool tips. 
If it's defaulting as a GEO lab, then clicking "manage operations" gets you another "Start Converter" Button with no operations manage possible. 

Perhaps it's something with the GeoLab Tool context tool tip and NOT with the Casa or Ponderosa itself...

Pathfinder 1.5.0: Geoscience is now available.

This release updates the Pathfinder Geology Lab to use the WBI Experiment system originally developed for the Mark One Laboratory Extensions. The old efficiency studies have been replaced with new experiments that generate science reports just like the stock science parts do (HELP WANTED: science results text. Contribute to the results and improve your game!), and they will either improve or worsen your production efficiencies just like the original studies did. You can try to improve your production efficiencies in the current biome even when the experiments no longer generate science. Features of the new and improved Pathfinder Geology Lab include:
- A new resource called CoreSamples. The Pathfinder Geology Lab produces CoreSamples through basic research along with bonus science.
- Four new science experiments including: Soil Analysis, Metallurgy Analysis, Chemical Analysis, and Extraction Analysis. These are found under the Geoscience button.
- KerbNet access with Resource, Biome, and Terrain views. This access is provided under the new Biome Analysis button.
- Unlocking a biome's abundance summary and the TERRAIN uplink are now found under the new Biome Analysis button.
- Continued support of the Impact mod by tomf: The Pathfinder Geology Lab has a built-in bangometer.
NOTE: The Geoscience button will be unavailable until you unlock the local biome's abundance summary.

Bug Fixes & Enhancements
- The Chuckwagon has a new greenhouse option for USI-LS: the Continually Regenerating Agricultural Product greenhouse.
- Fixed an NRE issue with adding the TERRAIN to a vessel while in the editor.
- Fixed an NRE issue with the Conestoga lights.
- Fixed IVA issue with the Buffalo command cab and ASET props.
- Fixed control issue with the AUXen.
- You can properly configure a part to be a battery by using the ConverterSkill.
- Fixed an issue with IVAs spawning in the editor when inflating parts.
- You can now select the default image for the Plasma Screen in addition to screens in the Screenshots folder.
- Moved the kPad and plasma screens to the Utility tab.
- The Watney Chemistry Lab now produce a small amount of LqdDeuterium in addition to LqdHydrogen and Oxygen.
- Minor MM patches (thanks @Kerbas_ad_astra! :) )

@Angel-125 So I downloaded the latest pathfinder update, and saw in the change log that there was a greenhouse meant for USI life support in the chuckwagon, but when I went to manage operations (in sandbox) it was not on the list. Also the geo lab upgrade n gold strike upgrade was not available for the crew cabin (with the 2 radial circle attachments on the side) (and yes I have clicked the apply all upgrades in the save menu)        

Edited by SpaceBadger007

11 hours ago, SpaceBadger007 said:

@Angel-125 So I downloaded the latest pathfinder update, and saw in the change log that there was a greenhouse meant for USI life support in the chuckwagon, but when I went to manage operations (in sandbox) it was not on the list. Also the geo lab upgrade n gold strike upgrade was not available for the crew cabin (with the 2 radial circle attachments on the side) (and yes I have clicked the apply all upgrades in the save menu)        

I've fixed the UIS Greenhouse issue, and verified that the lab upgrades are working properly. NOTE: Per stock implementation of the upgrade system, upgrades only apply to new craft, not existing ones.

22 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Bug Fixes & Enhancements
- The Chuckwagon has a new greenhouse option for USI-LS: the Continually Regenerating Agricultural Product greenhouse.

Does this mean that we can generate supplies per second instead of by large amounts after some time?

58 minutes ago, Crabman said:

Does this mean that we can generate supplies per second instead of by large amounts after some time?

Yes, since that's something that USI-LS players are familiar with. It's basically the USI version of the greenhouse that I made for TAC.

So.... there are a lot of YouTube series on colonization that concentrate on RoverDude's suite of mods, but none that I can find that use the Wild Blue suite. I've never done a YouTube series before, but am contemplating doing one focusing on PathFinder & MOLE. I was wondering if there was any interest in this.

So I switched over to Pristine Mode, and this happened...

screenshot8.png

As you can see, the Saddles, Casas and Endcaps have no textures (other than the connecting tubes, which I assume are contained in a default texture file).  Are there texture file paths missing from the Pristine Mode cfg file, perhaps?

Also, how does one use the "plug" function?  All those solar panels on the far side of the base are not connected to it, and there's nothing to link to.

14 hours ago, Bombaatu said:

So.... there are a lot of YouTube series on colonization that concentrate on RoverDude's suite of mods, but none that I can find that use the Wild Blue suite. I've never done a YouTube series before, but am contemplating doing one focusing on PathFinder & MOLE. I was wondering if there was any interest in this.

Sounds like fun. :)

8 hours ago, AdmiralSirJohn said:

So I switched over to Pristine Mode, and this happened...

As you can see, the Saddles, Casas and Endcaps have no textures (other than the connecting tubes, which I assume are contained in a default texture file).  Are there texture file paths missing from the Pristine Mode cfg file, perhaps?

Also, how does one use the "plug" function?  All those solar panels on the far side of the base are not connected to it, and there's nothing to link to.

Not sure why you'd suddenly lose textures, I'll have to look at that. There's nothing that I do in Pristine mode that should cause that... As for the solar panels, use KAS to connect the solar arrays to your base.