[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

Angelo Kerman

17 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Try 0.9.11, it has the latest of everything.

That one does not look right either.  sorry if I am missing something

https://github.com/sarbian/ModuleManager

Latest module manager 2.6.20 this will still need to be overwritten on top of the version 2.6.17 in zip file?

Edited by nobodyhasthis2

Hey Angel! Looks like you're getting through a ton of bugs / updates really quickly, congrats :)

Using 0.9.11 I'm having some trouble with the Homestead. It doesn't switch between its options like everything else does (I tried all your other parts which switch fine). I think this is the associated error:

[LOG 16:35:48.717] WBIMultipurposeHab [FFF1546C][714.7902]: loadModulesFromTemplate encountered an error: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at WildBlueIndustries.WBIModuleSwitcher.loadModulesFromTemplate (.ConfigNode templateNode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

The Homestead starts as Ironworks and can't be switched, either in the VAB or in Flight/Launchpad. Let me know if you can't reproduce and I'll dig around some more :)

1 hour ago, nobodyhasthis2 said:

That one does not look right either.  sorry if I am missing something

https://github.com/sarbian/ModuleManager

Latest module manager 2.6.20 this will still need to be overwritten on top of the version 2.6.17 in zip file?

Interesting, the latest one I found was 2.6.18. I'll pull the latest, thanks. :) You can safely overwrite the module manager dll. The fact that you have 2.6.17 is troubling, I specifically put 2.6.18 into the 0.9.11 release. Where is thw dll itself? I pulled 2.6.18 from here.

48 minutes ago, troyfawkes said:

Hey Angel! Looks like you're getting through a ton of bugs / updates really quickly, congrats :)

Using 0.9.11 I'm having some trouble with the Homestead. It doesn't switch between its options like everything else does (I tried all your other parts which switch fine). I think this is the associated error:

[LOG 16:35:48.717] WBIMultipurposeHab [FFF1546C][714.7902]: loadModulesFromTemplate encountered an error: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at WildBlueIndustries.WBIModuleSwitcher.loadModulesFromTemplate (.ConfigNode templateNode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

The Homestead starts as Ironworks and can't be switched, either in the VAB or in Flight/Launchpad. Let me know if you can't reproduce and I'll dig around some more :)

Yes if you could mess around with the Homestead and Hacienda both, that would help me isolate the issue, thanks! :)

2 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Interesting, the latest one I found was 2.6.18. I'll pull the latest, thanks. :) You can safely overwrite the module manager dll. The fact that you have 2.6.17 is troubling, I specifically put 2.6.18 into the 0.9.11 release.

No you did not. Sorry but have you actually tired to down load 0.9.11 zip file yourself and looked in the gamedata folder?

It comes with version 2.6.17 when download from https://github.com/Angel-125/Pathfinder/releases/tag/v0.9.11

Interesting. My release package is slightly different than what's on GitHub. I have 2.6.18 in the release package and 2.6.17 up on GitHub. Ah well, next update will be after 1.1 hits, and I'll have whatever ends up being the latest MM dll at that point. :)

10 hours ago, RiverRat2800 said:

Do you get more resources back using the Stockyard to recycle parts vs EVA recycling?

I'm not familiar with EVA recycling, actually. Unless I've gone senile, Pathfinder doesn't have any recycling at present except for the Stockyards when you install EL. If EL added EVA recycling, that's a new one for me. So unfortunately I cannot answer your question.

4 hours ago, eberkain said:

Thanks so much for all the work on the Wiki, its a big help for someone new to the mod.  

You're welcome, glad it helps. It is a bit out of date but I am planning to update it post 1.1. 

4 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

I'm not familiar with EVA recycling, actually. Unless I've gone senile, Pathfinder doesn't have any recycling at present except for the Stockyards when you install EL. If EL added EVA recycling, that's a new one for me. So unfortunately I cannot answer your question.

I have EL, but I guess it is USI that gives me the EVA recycle, since there has to be a USI Kontainer for the material kits to go into.  Sorry, I guess should have asked on that thread.  I tried using the Stockyard for 1st time and it didn't do anything.  I extended the part, clicked enable recycle, then took command of an old probe and flew it into the corral or what ever.  Nothing happened.  Does the ship have to be inside when you turn it on?

12 minutes ago, RiverRat2800 said:

I have EL, but I guess it is USI that gives me the EVA recycle, since there has to be a USI Kontainer for the material kits to go into.  Sorry, I guess should have asked on that thread.  I tried using the Stockyard for 1st time and it didn't do anything.  I extended the part, clicked enable recycle, then took command of an old probe and flew it into the corral or what ever.  Nothing happened.  Does the ship have to be inside when you turn it on?

Sounds like an integration issue with EL and Pathfinder. It used to be that you'd inflate the stockyard, turn on the recycler, and then fly nearly all the way inside to the back. My guess is that Pathfinder isn't doing something that the latest EL requires. I will fix that when 1.1 is available. :)

1 minute ago, Angel-125 said:

It used to be that you'd inflate the stockyard, turn on the recycler, and then fly nearly all the way inside to the back.

I may not have flown in deep enough.  I was flying an old probe that had no RCS manouver and I hit the side.  I reload a save because I didn't think it worked and scrapped it piece by piece.  I'll try again later.

22 hours ago, eberkain said:

Does Simple Construction function in place of EL for getting the extra functionality?

That's a good question! Pathfinder integrates with EL, so it uses the EL production chain of MetalOre->Metal->RocketParts. That would be the only main difference that I can think of. I would need to create a MM patch to handle Simple Construction's Ore->RocketParts production chain, but everything else should work.

And side note: Das revealed this about stock KSP 1.1:

http://m.imgur.com/mYk1Zle?r

I have renewed interest in getting Phase 1 of Pathfinder's IVAs done. :)

Just now, davidy12 said:

What does it reveal? All I see are the interior of what looks like a Stock ISS

Apparently, stock KSP 1.1 lets you see inside your craft to show the IVAs. There is a mod that does that but it looks like it's going into the stock game. All the more reason for me to finish Phase One of Pathfinder's IVAs.

On 3/9/2016 at 0:06 PM, Angel-125 said:

That's a good question! Pathfinder integrates with EL, so it uses the EL production chain of MetalOre->Metal->RocketParts. That would be the only main difference that I can think of. I would need to create a MM patch to handle Simple Construction's Ore->RocketParts production chain, but everything else should work.

That would be awesome if you could support that in the future, I'm nowhere near using it in my career game, but one day I hope.  

I've got a Hacienda Hot Springs on the Mun. I activated the geothermal tap and the geothermal resource is full at 1.00. I've got 518 units of water, out of 550. The power on/off does not appear. Do I have to have the water full in order to generate power? If not, what might I be doing wrong?

17 hours ago, Luna Cat said:

I've got a Hacienda Hot Springs on the Mun. I activated the geothermal tap and the geothermal resource is full at 1.00. I've got 518 units of water, out of 550. The power on/off does not appear. Do I have to have the water full in order to generate power? If not, what might I be doing wrong?

Unfortunately there appears to be a bug, I will sort that out along with 1.1. Thanks for letting me know. :)

On 3/11/2016 at 11:34 AM, Angel-125 said:

Unfortunately there appears to be a bug, I will sort that out along with 1.1. Thanks for letting me know. :)

Could I edit my save file to turn it on or allow it to turn on? I have been able to determine the exact part of the base in the save file, but I'm unsure about which parameters to change. Without the Hot Springs functioning, the base is has very little power generation. What little there is is solar. I could land some additional power generating equipment, but I like to think of the editing as the equivalent of the base engineers hacking away on the thing to get it running.

Thanks for any help you may be able to give me.

20 hours ago, Luna Cat said:

Could I edit my save file to turn it on or allow it to turn on? I have been able to determine the exact part of the base in the save file, but I'm unsure about which parameters to change. Without the Hot Springs functioning, the base is has very little power generation. What little there is is solar. I could land some additional power generating equipment, but I like to think of the editing as the equivalent of the base engineers hacking away on the thing to get it running.

Thanks for any help you may be able to give me.

Only thing I can think of is to try loading the base, switch to tracking station, then load the base again. Other than that I will fix it in the 1.1 compatibility release. I have to redo the user interface at that time from what I'm hearing.

This may have come up before, but it seems that the for me the tents do not deploy. I can fit the crew in them, but it does not open in the VAB or SPH. When I load it to the Launchpad/runway, The IVA shows the tents normally deployed but it just shows a cube and will not deploy. Is there something I'm missing out on?

3 minutes ago, PotentiallyHabitable578 said:

This may have come up before, but it seems that the for me the tents do not deploy. I can fit the crew in them, but it does not open in the VAB or SPH. When I load it to the Launchpad/runway, The IVA shows the tents normally deployed but it just shows a cube and will not deploy. Is there something I'm missing out on?

I believe it needs to be placed on the ground using KAS in order to be properly deployed.

You should really read the instructions in the wiki. There are only two parts you can place directly on the ground, the gas light and the mounting slab, and they need to be attached. If you place any other parts on the ground they will sink in and may explode. Quick save before you start building.