[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

Angelo Kerman

23 minutes ago, SpaceBadger007 said:

i think i found a bug, I am playing ksp 1.1 on 64 bit and whenever i mouse over a pathfinder past in the vab the game crashes...

list of mods are... MOLE, pathfinder, Buffalo, KIS/KAS, KJR, KAC, TST, SSTU, Tundra exploration, Mechjeb, surface experiment package, NFS, Habtech, DMOS, Kerbal Engineer, module manager and CRP.

and if you want logs, how do i get them?        

That's super odd. Would you please try moving away other mods and see if the problem persists?

3 hours ago, SpaceBadger007 said:

i think i found a bug, I am playing ksp 1.1 on 64 bit and whenever i mouse over a pathfinder past in the vab the game crashes...

list of mods are... MOLE, pathfinder, Buffalo, KIS/KAS, KJR, KAC, TST, SSTU, Tundra exploration, Mechjeb, surface experiment package, NFS, Habtech, DMOS, Kerbal Engineer, module manager and CRP.

I've not seen that, I can mouse over all the parts without issues. If you installed Pathfinder through CKAN, try uninstalling it and installing using GitHub.

5 hours ago, SpaceBadger007 said:

Go to the KSP folder and open the newest folder thst isn't named something like GameData or PluginData.

And thank you all for the help on building bases, but I need to clarify: What resources should I be looking for?

46 minutes ago, 19chickens said:

Go to the KSP folder and open the newest folder thst isn't named something like GameData or PluginData.

And thank you all for the help on building bases, but I need to clarify: What resources should I be looking for?

This should help: https://github.com/Angel-125/Pathfinder/wiki/Pathfinder-Resources

I have a question, @Angel-125.

Let's say I wanted to create a self sustaining colony with OSE Workshop installed on Eve. I can of course expand with OSE but some stuff I have to get there in the beginning.

What modules would be necessary for this? And how many of each?

Thanks!

I have the same problem mentioned on the previous site.

I can't enter the modules on any of the doors. It's possible to transfer crew into them, but they can't EVA, because the hatch is obstructed and I also can't transfer them back in other modules, which means the Kerbals are stuck in the module. I'm testing it with the pondaros inflatable module on launchpad.

The newest version you .13 gives me the error it is set to work on KSP 1.05.

I would really love to use this mod and have already landed a basehub on the mun and want to send my engineer with some modules on there, too.

1 hour ago, DMSP said:

I have a question, @Angel-125.

Let's say I wanted to create a self sustaining colony with OSE Workshop installed on Eve. I can of course expand with OSE but some stuff I have to get there in the beginning.

What modules would be necessary for this? And how many of each?

Thanks!

Hm, a bare-bones colony would only have an OSE workshop, the Equipment needed to inflate said workshop, drills, a bit of storage, and something to generate power with (life support is optional). You could get away with the new Conestoga with the Bootstrap configuration and two Casa modules and two Chuckwagon modules along with several Gold Digger drills. You would have enough Equipment to outfit and inflate the two Casa modules. One of them should be a Blacksmith, The other could be whatever suits your fancy, such as a Pathfinder Geology Lab. From there you can drill for the resources you need to make MaterialKits and print up other modules.

You could convert a few Buckboard 2000 or 3000 containers into a power generator and drill for Ore to get started, or use several Ponchos combined with Switchbacks and the new tunnel extender. Better yet, send along a Hacienda and equip it as a https://github.com/Angel-125/Pathfinder/wiki/Hot-Springs-Geothermal-PlantHot Springs (requires you to drill for GeoEnergy and have Water) or as a Solar Flare (requires FusionPellets) If you have DSEV installed then the micro-fusion reactor would keep you going for awhile.

The Gold Digger will take awhile to dig up stuff, so a Claimjumper will speed things up. However, that costs a lot of Equipment so it's a luxury item for a starter base. On the other hand, the Hacienda also has the Clockworks, which lets you 3D print bigger stuff. 

Heat management is also something to consider; bring along an Old Faithful cooling tower if using the Claimjumper, Hot Springs, or Solar Flare. You can get away with stock radiators for the Gold Diggers though.

Edited by Angel-125

1 minute ago, Angel-125 said:

Hm, a bare-bones colony would only have an OSE workshop, the Equipment needed to inflate said workshop, drills, a bit of storage, and something to generate power with (life support is optional). You could get away with the new Conestoga with the Bootstrap configuration and two Casa modules and two Chuckwagon modules along with several Gold Digger drills. You would have enough Equipment to outfit and inflate the two Casa modules. One of them should be a Blacksmith, The other could be whatever suits your fancy, such as a Pathfinder Geology Lab. From there you can drill for the resources you need to make MaterialKits and print up other modules.

You could convert a few Buckboard 2000 or 3000 containers into a power generator and drill for Ore to get started, or send along a Hacienda and equip it as a https://github.com/Angel-125/Pathfinder/wiki/Hot-Springs-Geothermal-PlantHot Springs (requires you to drill for GeoEnergy and have Water) or as a Solar Flare (requires FusionPellets) If you have DSEV installed then the micro-fusion reactor would keep you going for awhile.

The Gold Digger will take awhile to dig up stuff, so a Claimjumper will speed things up. However, that costs a lot of Equipment so it's a luxury item for a starter base. On the other hand, the Hacienda also has the Clockworks, which lets you 3D print bigger stuff. 

Heat management is also something to consider; bring along an Old Faithful cooling tower if using the Claimjumper, Hot Springs, or Solar Flare. You can get away with stock radiators for the Gold Diggers though.

Alright, I kinda guessed, and I have everything I need (it seems). My power generation will come from Solar Panels and from two RTGs. I can print some more once I am on the ground.

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Neph said:

I have the same problem mentioned on the previous site.

I can't enter the modules on any of the doors. It's possible to transfer crew into them, but they can't EVA, because the hatch is obstructed and I also can't transfer them back in other modules, which means the Kerbals are stuck in the module. I'm testing it with the pondaros inflatable module on launchpad.

The newest version you .13 gives me the error it is set to work on KSP 1.05.

I would really love to use this mod and have already landed a basehub on the mun and want to send my engineer with some modules on there, too.

version 0.9.13 is not compatible with KSP 1.0.5. You'd need to use 0.9.11. The issues you're running into will be fixed in 0.9.14 along with several other issues. KSP 1.1 really threw a monkey wrench into things, I've been updating my mods for the better part of a month.

29 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

version 0.9.13 is not compatible with KSP 1.0.5. You'd need to use 0.9.11. The issues you're running into will be fixed in 0.9.14 along with several other issues. KSP 1.1 really threw a monkey wrench into things, I've been updating my mods for the better part of a month.

No worries they are still fantastic

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

Sorry, I forgot to say, that I am running 1.1. but with 0.9.13 I get the message it was build for 1.0.5.

Any idea, when 0.9.14 will be released? I'm really looking forward to this mod and want to set up my munbase with it.

2 hours ago, Neph said:

Sorry, I forgot to say, that I am running 1.1. but with 0.9.13 I get the message it was build for 1.0.5.

Any idea, when 0.9.14 will be released? I'm really looking forward to this mod and want to set up my munbase with it.

0.9.11 was built for KSP 1.0.5.

0.9.13 was built for KSP 1.1.0

Apparently KSP 1.1.1 is around the corner. While I don't give out timeframes, I'd like to have the next update by the time it is released. No promises though, stuff happens.

1 hour ago, SpaceBadger007 said:

I think i found a bug, i have the Ponderosa attached to the saddle (saddle attached to the ground) and inflated, and when ever i attach the Chuckwagon to the side it all flips about everywhere! 

From what I can tell, the Saddle is not remaining attached to the ground, which is why your modules go flying when you attach the Chuckwagon. I thought I saw something about static attaching in the KIS forum though...

Yup, I had to change some things. Fixed!

Edited by Angel-125

Get the latest here.

New Part
- Introducing the kPad Air. It's just like the giant plasma TV screens only smaller. The aspect ratio of width to height is 1 : 1.18. Thanks for the suggestion, @Parkaboy! :)

Homestead
- The Homestead can now be configured for: Brew Works, Ironworks, Ponderosa, Pathfinder, Pigpen, Solar Flare, Sunburn, Watney, and the new Rockhound.
- Added the Rockhound template. It converts lots of Rock into ExoticMinerals and RareMetals.

Wheels
- Grizzly has moved to the Advanced Motors tech node.
- Retuned the durability and default traction of the Buffalo wheels. Thanks for the testing, @Geschosskopf ! :)

Conestoga & Switchback
- Increased the crash tolerance on the solar panels- they'll break when the part does.

Inflatable Modules
- IVA overlays won't be shown when the inflatable modules are deflated.
- No more crew slots in the VAB/SPH when the inflatable module is deflated.
- Fixed an issue where the Blacksmith and Clockworks configurations would forget what projects the OSE Workshop was working on.
- Fixed drill switch window; you can drill for different resources again.
- Fixed an issue where you could not transfer crew between modules using the Transfer Crew feature.
- You can get back into and out of the Ponderosa again.
NOTE: Currently the "Transfer Crew" right-click menu button is unavailable for inflatable parts but you can still transfer crew by clicking on an EVA hatch. I'm working on this one... :)

Other
- Fixed (again) the versioning file

KNOWN ISSUES
- You're unable to surface attach parts to the Buffalo Command Cab until you change its orientation after spawning the part. Just change the orientation, and change it back to the desired orientation as a workaround.

Edited by Angel-125

trying to sort out a viable setup to use USI's life support mod with Pathfinder, doesn't seem to be a greenhouse type part that supports "Supplies"?  I saw the MM patch, but not too familiar with installing them...

7 hours ago, Tianar said:

trying to sort out a viable setup to use USI's life support mod with Pathfinder, doesn't seem to be a greenhouse type part that supports "Supplies"?  I saw the MM patch, but not too familiar with installing them...

See the picture below. You should be converting the Chuckwagon into a greenhouse. The wiki can explain more.

6 hours ago, stk2008 said:

I shall double check in a minute but since installing this awesome mod I now have in the vehicle editor parts tab

Kolonization

Freight

Kolonization Lite and

Rovers

Tabs all with no parts in them please advise :(

Are you sure you've got the right mod? Pathfinder has two icons:

mgmub8g.jpg

Just to be on the safe side I pulled the latest UKS and up, its icons appear right alongside Pathfinder, as do the parts contained by the icons.

18 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

0.9.11 was built for KSP 1.0.5.

0.9.13 was built for KSP 1.1.0

Apparently KSP 1.1.1 is around the corner. While I don't give out timeframes, I'd like to have the next update by the time it is released. No promises though, stuff happens.

Still, I got that message with 0.9.13.

But anyway .14 works fine, thank you!

Going to start my munbase now :)

13 minutes ago, stk2008 said:

Hi there the icons are these

Also just noticed I have two of the same icon hmmmm

VOjSJ9K.jpg

but yeah ones cirlced have nothing in them

Ok as noted you're on the wrong thread. Those icons come from UKS, not Pathfinder.