[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

Angelo Kerman

2 hours ago, DDE said:

@Angel-125, OK, so I've pasted all the assets from the latest version. And now the section above the upmost seams of the Doc is see-through; not just the textures, seems like a part of the model is missing.

Oh that's right, I converted over to Unity 5, which might not work in KSP 1.1.3. Fortunately I was able to dig up my older Unity 4 files and rebuild the Doc Science Lab. Give Pathfinder 1.1.1 a try and see if that fixes your issue. I don't normally support the previous versions of my mods because it's a pain, but hopefully 1.1.1 will do the trick. You still won't be able to put the Doc in a KIS container though.

Just now, DigitalProeliator said:

Oh well you where right, a newer version was uploaded after I had downloaded. Still find it damn odd. I don't see how the MM file was causing the issue it was. Weird.

It isn't causing the issue. There was a bug in WildBlueTools.

7 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

You still won't be able to put the Doc in a KIS container though.

My Doc hasn't gotten the memo, I've taken it to the Mun in a KIS container already. The trick is to affix a Doc to your ship first, and then drag THAT into the container.

42 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Does 1.1.1 work for you?

Nope, issue persists. It's just got an added blue ridge around it, which is also transparent from the other side.

Edited by DDE

20 minutes ago, DDE said:

Nope, issue persists. It's just got an added blue ridge around it, which is also transparent from the other side.

Can you post screenshots?  I tested it this morning and saw no issues. All collides worked, IVA worked, IVA overlay worked, and ladders and airlock worked. Do you havery logs?

Edited by Angel-125

56 minutes ago, DDE said:

@Angel-125, note circled area:

Hide contents

65BDEBD3CB68B90FE6532C832BFFC97AB904BA7C

798D7B7B64081EABD14AB39FD4E28026E3B54466

394C2082A5567C00B651FDB62D4E9D24CEC79172

1DE9704713AE2DBEA3C73C35F583B7F9B4582635

Log: https://1drv.ms/t/s!AmlSZuL0ax7C1BsnfWFWYr6r7o3N

I'm on my phone so it's hard to tell, but it looks like you'very turned off the decals. If so thats an artwork problem. I'd have to do some rework to fix that. At least the lab is functioning. I'll take a look when I get home.

13 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Fixed in 1.2.7

- Fixed versioning conflicts
- Fixed an issue where deflated modules had resources when pulled from a KIS inventory.

Just wondering how I install the extras Do I just dump the contents of Extras into The Gamedata\wildblueindustrie\pathfinder folder or just dump the contents into Gamedata? The latter of which seems like the wrong thing to do to me but I also don't want to break my mods by putting the extras in the wrong folder. I ask because the readme in Extras says dump the contents of Gamedata into gamedata but there is no gamedata in the extras folder if that makes sense.

Edited by ThatHomelessGuy

59 minutes ago, ThatHomelessGuy said:

Just wondering how I install the extras Do I just dump the contents of Extras into The Gamedata\wildblueindustrie\pathfinder folder or just dump the contents into Gamedata? The latter of which seems like the wrong thing to do to me but I also don't want to break my mods by putting the extras in the wrong folder. I ask because the readme in Extras says dump the contents of Gamedata into gamedata but there is no gamedata in the extras folder if that makes sense.

For the MCM folder, copy that to WildBlueIndustries. The rest are just textures.

Question: Is Alt-P still supposed to work to allow changing the behavior (e.g. whether configuring needs equipment, etc)? It does nothing for me. I can't find any other way to remove resource requirements, short of switching to simplified mode. I even tried creating my own custom template that only changed the default values and didn't modify any behavior, but that didn't work either.

Thanks for any advice.

11 hours ago, Coreador said:

Question: Is Alt-P still supposed to work to allow changing the behavior (e.g. whether configuring needs equipment, etc)? It does nothing for me. I can't find any other way to remove resource requirements, short of switching to simplified mode. I even tried creating my own custom template that only changed the default values and didn't modify any behavior, but that didn't work either.

Thanks for any advice.

For 1.2, those Pathfinder/MOLE options are now in Settings

I've searched through the dialogs and I can't find them.  This is what I can see:

Click Pathfinder toolbar icon from KSC: Only option in the Pathfinder settings dialog is "Play Mode".

Click Pathfinder toolbar icon from ship with Pathfinder parts on launchpad: I see at the top of the Dialog buttons for "Manage Operations, Resources, and Cheats". Then there's a text entry for distribution time, followed by 4 distribution options. None of those seems to be applicable. Under cheats, there's only "Top off resources". "Resources" just shows the distribution options. "Manage Operations" goes to a complex dialog that allows central control of all the components, but nothing in there appears to be related to global config settings.

Am I looking in the wrong place?  Is there another settings dialog somewhere?

Thanks. I was able to find the settings now.  That said, I don't think I ever would have found that.  As a suggestion, maybe you can add a note in the Play Modes dialog that indicates these can be modified from the default and where to look?

So, I've had partial success.  I found the settings, but actually, my custom config was working correctly. It was actually configured to not charge for reconfiguration by default when running my custom play mode. I can see that by observing that the options are disabled when looking at the settings dialog. But, despite the configuration setting, it was still not working in the game. If I try to inflate a hacienda, I have to pay equipment.  Likewise, if I reconfigure the hacienda to another mode, I have to pay equipment again. Am I misunderstanding what the setting is supposed to do?  As I read it, if I uncheck the requirement to pay resources for reconfiguration, then changing my hacienda to a new template or inflating the module should not cost equipment. But this is not what is happening. I have to pay equipment the same in normal mode and in my custom mode. The only time I don't have to pay equipment is when trying to inflate or reconfigure the hacienda in Simplified mode, but in that case the hacienda is using totally different templates. In my game I want to remove inflate and reconfig costs, while retaining all the templates and options normally available.

Am I misunderstanding what the settings are supposed to to?  Or is it not working for some reason?

Is it right to produce Snacks even without Fertilizer, Soil and Water? I don't have production of any of those and I'm still able to produce a lot of Snacks after the time (90 days) at Cropworks finish.

skgQXtn.jpg

By the way, what means:

minimumSuccess = 45
criticalSuccess = 90
criticalFail = 20

It's just a chance or is it tied to how much time in those 90 days I could mantain the minimum production?

Edit: The only Soil container is the one provided by Snacks mod or does Pathfinder gives some storage? There are lots of modules storing Snacks but I didn't found any for Soil.

Edited by Crabman

On 10/20/2016 at 1:34 PM, Coreador said:

Thanks. I was able to find the settings now.  That said, I don't think I ever would have found that.  As a suggestion, maybe you can add a note in the Play Modes dialog that indicates these can be modified from the default and where to look?

So, I've had partial success.  I found the settings, but actually, my custom config was working correctly. It was actually configured to not charge for reconfiguration by default when running my custom play mode. I can see that by observing that the options are disabled when looking at the settings dialog. But, despite the configuration setting, it was still not working in the game. If I try to inflate a hacienda, I have to pay equipment.  Likewise, if I reconfigure the hacienda to another mode, I have to pay equipment again. Am I misunderstanding what the setting is supposed to do?  As I read it, if I uncheck the requirement to pay resources for reconfiguration, then changing my hacienda to a new template or inflating the module should not cost equipment. But this is not what is happening. I have to pay equipment the same in normal mode and in my custom mode. The only time I don't have to pay equipment is when trying to inflate or reconfigure the hacienda in Simplified mode, but in that case the hacienda is using totally different templates. In my game I want to remove inflate and reconfig costs, while retaining all the templates and options normally available.

Am I misunderstanding what the settings are supposed to to?  Or is it not working for some reason?

Last I checked, it was working. I disable equipment and skill checks all the time during debugging.

18 hours ago, Crabman said:

Is it right to produce Snacks even without Fertilizer, Soil and Water? I don't have production of any of those and I'm still able to produce a lot of Snacks after the time (90 days) at Cropworks finish.

By the way, what means:

It's just a chance or is it tied to how much time in those 90 days I could mantain the minimum production?

Edit: The only Soil container is the one provided by Snacks mod or does Pathfinder gives some storage? There are lots of modules storing Snacks but I didn't found any for Soil.

Probably should stop all production if you run out of resources. I'll have to check on that.