Angel-125

[1.7.x] Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

Recommended Posts

Ok, Clean Install with only MOLE doesnt show any issues, must be some mod interaction, will try step-by-step to add more mods from my list

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some good news/bad news at least: Apparently, every object that Unity has to draw is a performance hit, so if you have many separate meshes for an IVA, for instance, that will slow things down. I didn't know that when I built my IVAs, so that'll be something for me to fix in future updates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

no no but no matter how much parts i have, even if i add the while Wild Blue Suite there is no performance hit, only the moment i add your plugins

I run a hi-end laptop with 32GB DDR4, GeForce 1060 and Samsung M2 Evo SSD so i woul rather hunt for some conflicts with some other mod - i am now 30% through my list of mods (running only 80 of them, part mods, MKS, Astronomer Pack, visual enhancements)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fair enough. My mods have two components: a common WildBlueTools (WBT), and a plugin specific to the mod. Most likely it's WBT, but it's hard to be sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

50% an still no issues - i start to think that it's my save :P

I am testing it now on a clean new Sandbox save - does your mod touch existing, already deployed vessels like relays perhaps ?

yes, i am desperate, i love your inflatables approach and want to use the whole pack including all plugins :P

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, it stays away from that. The only mod that touches existing vessels is Snacks, and that's to add Snacks.

Side note: I'm making some refinements to the part scrapper for the upcoming KSP 1.3 release. One revision is to have the option to click to confirm part scrapping- I clicked the scrap button by accident and lost a vessel during testing... The other revision is to disable vessel scrapping if you have EL installed; it already has a more realistic vessel tear-down feature. Thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

No, it stays away from that. The only mod that touches existing vessels is Snacks, and that's to add Snacks.

Side note: I'm making some refinements to the part scrapper for the upcoming KSP 1.3 release. One revision is to have the option to click to confirm part scrapping- I clicked the scrap button by accident and lost a vessel during testing... The other revision is to disable vessel scrapping if you have EL installed; it already has a more realistic vessel tear-down feature. Thoughts?

i personally prefer the Ground Construction "Disassemlne Part" into MaterialKits (actually not sure if it's from Umbra or GC)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jasseji said:

i personally prefer the Ground Construction "Disassemlne Part" into MaterialKits (actually not sure if it's from Umbra or GC)

It's an old MKS feature

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheRagingIrishman said:

It's an old MKS feature

yes, they merged anyway :wink:

but anyways, yes, a "confirm button" would be very useful :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh yes, the confirm to scrap is going in, just not sure if scrapping the entire vessel is warranted when EL is installed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Angel-125 said:

Oh yes, the confirm to scrap is going in, just not sure if scrapping the entire vessel is warranted when EL is installed.

As someone who works with the MKS-equivalent - scrapping the entire vessel is very useful.  A common pattern for me is to detach a lander stage from a landed base/rover, and scrap it entirely as one vessel.  I'm doing this even in a location where I can easily move around an EL scrap harvester.  The EL equivalent is nice, but harder to accomplish as you have to move the parts to be scrapped to the EL scrap site, and have an EL workshop.

I would definitely make sure the EL version is more powerful however.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

Thoughts?

YAY CONFIRM BUTTON!

As for the EL question - yeah, I'd remove it if EL is installed.  It's either that or make it just as worthwhile and valuable as the EL method.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well, i completely cant figure it out, turns out it's none of the mods but rather something in my save file which is causing the issues - a new save even when i load the saved craft files is working completely fine - will propably have to start a cheaty career and Hyperedit all stuff as i had them :P

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DStaal said:

As someone who works with the MKS-equivalent - scrapping the entire vessel is very useful.  A common pattern for me is to detach a lander stage from a landed base/rover, and scrap it entirely as one vessel.  I'm doing this even in a location where I can easily move around an EL scrap harvester.  The EL equivalent is nice, but harder to accomplish as you have to move the parts to be scrapped to the EL scrap site, and have an EL workshop.

I would definitely make sure the EL version is more powerful however.

 

35 minutes ago, rasta013 said:

YAY CONFIRM BUTTON!

As for the EL question - yeah, I'd remove it if EL is installed.  It's either that or make it just as worthwhile and valuable as the EL method.

Right now, when you recycle a vessel, you get all its resources distributed, and the mass of all of its parts recycled into Equipment (up to 50% based upon engineer skill). The downside is that it's instant. With EL, you get a similar result, but it (realistically) takes time.

Next update will also let you distribute the recycled resources to any vessel within range, and while in orbit- not just on the ground as it is now. With EL installed, you'll get a converter that goes from Equipment to ScrapMetal too..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Right now, when you recycle a vessel, you get all its resources distributed, and the mass of all of its parts recycled into Equipment (up to 50% based upon engineer skill). The downside is that it's instant. With EL, you get a similar result, but it (realistically) takes time.

Ok cool.  Honestly, the difference in time between the two is why I've never stopped to add up the numbers to get a comparison. :blush:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, rasta013 said:

Ok cool.  Honestly, the difference in time between the two is why I've never stopped to add up the numbers to get a comparison. :blush:

It sounds like vessel recycling is still useful for people, even with EL installed. If that's the case, I'll leave it in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Confirmed.  Pathfinder kills my framerate and responsiveness to keystrokes and mouse clicks or click-and-hold.  I had about ten mods installed, including ModManager, and framerate and key response were quick.  I then added Pathfinder and the game studdered, even when accessing the main menu. It actually pauses for several seconds.  There is a severe hit in the VAB as well, even when no Pathfinder parts are being used.  Scene-switching is also considerably delayed.

When I do a full load of my 80 mods and no Pathfinder, framerate and responsiveness are fine.

Much as I like Pathfinder, I gotta pull it.  I'll lose a Minmus base.  You need to look at your DLL to see what's hijacking system resources, such as the cycles.

Edited by Apollo13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Apollo13 said:

Confirmed.  Pathfinder kills my framerate and responsiveness to keystrokes and mouse clicks or click-and-hold.  I had about ten mods installed, including ModManager, and framerate and key response were quick.  I then added Pathfinder and the game studdered, even when accessing the main menu. It actually pauses for several seconds.  There is a severe hit in the VAB as well, even when no Pathfinder parts are being used.  Scene-switching is also considerably delayed.

When I do a full load of my 80 mods and no Pathfinder, framerate and responsiveness are fine.

Much as I like Pathfinder, I gotta pull it.  I'll lose a Minmus base.  You need to look at your DLL to see what's hijacking system resources, such as the cycles.

Have fun. I don't see the issues you do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not have these issues either. Try it on a better computer.

Edited by Dman979

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Several of us here are not seeing the framerate issues and the general slowdowns you describe. If others (especially the mod maker) can't replicate the issue, and you're not willing to provide more details than 'I installed this plus some other (unnamed) mods and my framerate dropped' then what response do you expect? Are we dealing with a mod conflict? Install problem? Maybe you're running a different OS than us and the problem's there? Maybe there's something else I haven't even thought of going on? We'll never know unless you follow the instructions on the ever important "how to get support" page. Can't you provide any other info? Logs, list of other mods used, confirmation that the problem persists on a clean install (perhaps not just an install with mods removed but an actual fresh install), KSP version, mod version, etc. If you wanted to be really useful and try to track this down, maybe even see if there's any useful data shown by Memgraph.

If instead you just post a message with your video card info, then two weeks later say you're uninstalling the mod, exactly what kind of response do you expect? Framerate issues might mean you need a better computer. Based on the info you've provided, that's as reasonable of an explanation as any.

Edited by Dman979
Edited to remove references to deleted posts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok guys, let's keep this civil and stop flinging mud. You've made it clear that you're uninstalling the mod. That's fine, I'm not losing sleep over it. I suggest you find a mod that's more of a parts pack then a base-building mod with resource converters and the like. It sounds like your machine doesn't handle computationally intensive tasks well. Plenty of other people don't have your issue, and in one case where it did, there was something going on in the save file. So please do move on. :)

Edited by Dman979
Edited to remove references to deleted posts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, guys, tone it down here. There's no need to get personal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, westamastaflash said:

Do you get the equipment back when you deflate a module? I deflated the Hacienda IMF but I can't re-inflate it.

At present, no, but I can set things up so that you will if you have the distribution system turned on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Angel-125 said:

At present, no, but I can set things up so that you will if you have the distribution system turned on.

This would be great. Maybe a configurable slider from 0% to 100% return (equipment does break and degrade, so perhaps an 80% recycle rate initially)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.