[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

Angelo Kerman

Hi Angel,

I'm loving your mod. I really like your vision for the game and agree with your dev comments in your wiki that once you've set up a base things can get a bit boring. The options you've included in Pathfinder go some way to giving you more reason to set up a base in the first place :)

However, I keep running into a problem when I get to the stage to actually use EPL. I've tested this extensively on this version of pathfinder and the previous one and both current versions of EL and keep getting an error in the window that shows the pad I am intending to build at as you can see in the image...

gXXm0xg.png

Edited by spikethedoggy

Hi Angel,

I'm loving your mod. I really like your vision for the game and agree with your dev comments in your wiki that once you've set up a base things can get a bit boring. The options you've included in Pathfinder go some way to giving you more reason to set up a base in the first place :)

However, I keep running into a problem when I get to the stage to actually use EPL. I've tested this extensively on this version of pathfinder and the previous one and both current versions of EL and keep getting an error in the window that shows the pad I am intending to build at as you can see in the image...

a>[color=#333333]

Thanks for the bug report. :) I'll take a look tomorrow and see what is going on. I might need more information depending upon my investigation.

Hi Angel,

a>[color=#333333]

Okay, so I'm not the only one who had that issue.

Is the USI-LS patch part of the mod now, or is the CommunityPatch still necessary?

- - - Updated - - -

http://i.imgur.com/kx5AMce.png

Congratulations :D

I said I'd reconsider my decision if enough people requested it, so next update will have the patch included. I'd really like it if USI-LS had reputation hits when you run out of supplies...

Also, git hub is not fully updated yet, I am working on the next release so hang on a bit.

Edited by Angel-125

I said I'd reconsider my decision if enough people requested it, so next update will have the patch included. I'd really like it if USI-LS had reputation hits when you run out of supplies...

Also, git hub is not fully updated yet, I am working on the next release so hang on a bit.

Can't you install both snacks and USI-LS?

There are some really interesting features coming to USI-LS which actually seem would fit nicely with your mod

Is it possible to configure snacks to use supplies as the resource?

I know there's a mod that bakes snacks from supplies or organics, also.

Roverdude had made a mini bake oven mod at one point for snacks to go with MKS. That's the only one I remember

Rep hits for lack of supplies are not currently on the table. Not saying that it will not change, but certainly not in the same way 'Snacks' does it, which is a bit too unpredictable for my tastes.

Get the latest here.

This update brings with it some more bug fixes, play balance, and some new parts. The existing Ponderosa now has a near twin that is radially attached just like the Hacienda and Doc. Originally I wanted the Ponderosa to work this way, but couldn't figure out how to make the airlocks work properly. Now that I do know how to make them work, it might be time to retire the containerized Ponderosa. Anyway, since a radially attached Ponderosa needs something to attach to, I also created the Switchback, a 4-way base hub that also has a small amount of storage and a solar panel on its roof. Simply attach a Saddle to the ground and place the Switchback onto the Saddle. Due to some constraints on placing the crew ports so they line up with the inflatable modules, the Switchback does not inflate. Instead, it's assembled off-camera when you pull it from storage. Finally, to resolve an issue with Extraplanetary Launchpads, Pathfinder introduces the Spyglass Survey Module. The Spyglass provides a spot to monitor your vessel construction efforts.

Buffalo

The Buffalo is now located in its own dedicated directory under WildBlueIndustries, and has its own category in the parts catalog. While it continues to be bundled with Pathfinder for the time being, the Buffalo MSEV is now available separately as its own mod. You can view the Buffalo thread here.

Buckboard

- Gave the MC-1000 Buckboard a facelift; it is also now a common asset for WildBlueTools, which means it's no longer in the Pathfinder category. You can find it under Utilities.

New Parts

- By popular request, added the radially attached Ponderosa. It works just like the existing containerized Ponderosa, but it is radially attached like the Doc and Hacienda.

- Added the Switchback 4-way hub. Unlike other base components, the Switchback is assembled off-camera once the kerbal pulls it out of storage.

- Added the Spyglass Survey Module. Right-click the part to show the Extrplanetary Launchpads UI. Yes, I do have plans to make the light rotate.

Templates

- Reduced output of the greenhouse to feed 2 kerbals for about 90 days. It just wasn't as fun with the greater yield, even though the math does support the higher output.

- Added ExWorkshop module to the Fireworks to improve base productivity, and removed ExSurveyStation since it wasn't responding well to being loaded dynamically.

Bug Fixes

- The Hacienda Operations Manager now correctly labels its operations manager as Hacienda Operations.

- Fixed an issue Where efficiency and extraction monitors were creating NREs while in solar orbit.

- Fixed an issue where the Gold Digger was creating NREs while in solar orbit.

- Fixed an issue where the hints window would keep showing up even though Pathfinder had already shown the hint.

- Fixed an issue where the Extraplanetary Launchpads window wouldn't show up (see Spyglass for the solution).

Other

- By popular request, added support for USI-LS. Thanks for the patch, badsector! :)

Edited by Angel-125

Hi Angel

Thanks for the update. I think there may be a problem with the colliders on the new buckboard? Once placed it cannot be moved or the tweakables menu selected (at least on my testing session). I can supply images if you need.

Thanks for the report. :) I thought I fixed that with 0.8.5 but if not then the latest Wild Blue Tools has the fix. :) I should have another fix this weekend, though I'm loathe to give out deadlines, they tend to whiz on by...

Thanks for the report. :) I thought I fixed that with 0.8.5 but if not then the latest Wild Blue Tools has the fix. :) I should have another fix this weekend, though I'm loathe to give out deadlines, they tend to whiz on by...

My apologies. I hadn't noticed the new version you'd uploaded. Yep, 0.8.5 works fine :)

My apologies. I hadn't noticed the new version you'd uploaded. Yep, 0.8.5 works fine :)

No worries, I had a couple hotfixes in quick succession, and that probably threw people off. I try not to release things too close together, but when it's a glaring issue like the new Buckboard's collider, then I need to fix things quick. :)

THANK YOU :D

non caps text

No problem. :) If folks like the radial Ponderosa more than the container version then I'll retire the container version. The radial version is more consistent with the usage of the other modules. You'd still need the Saddle to attach storage crates and the Switchback to, but now it takes a few less parts to set up your base. I might need to adjust the airlocks though, I noticed during testing that if you have four radial modules attached to the Switchback, entering an airlock becomes a challenge. All I need to do is stagger one of the airlocks.

No problem. :) If folks like the radial Ponderosa more than the container version then I'll retire the container version. The radial version is more consistent with the usage of the other modules. You'd still need the Saddle to attach storage crates and the Switchback to, but now it takes a few less parts to set up your base. I might need to adjust the airlocks though, I noticed during testing that if you have four radial modules attached to the Switchback, entering an airlock becomes a challenge. All I need to do is stagger one of the airlocks.

Personally I like the container version. Even with the intent of being semi-mobile and easily packed up and moved, I feel like there needs to be an anchor structure of more substance than just a hub.

That is of course just my opinion.

I have some problems with the Switchback, which I think are a mistake in version handling. The switchback´s node_attach seems to wrongly placed ( node_attach = 0, 0, 0, 0, -1, 0, 1) also the saddle will not accept the switchback as a mountable part.

Using version 0.8.5

Current issues:

*Switchbacks KIS attach node, rather all the nodes seems off or the origo of the part.

*Saddle does not want to mount the switchback.

I did sumit a Issue report on github

Edited by Prime flux

I have some problems with the Switchback, which I think are a mistake in version handling. The switchback´s node_attach seems to wrongly placed ( node_attach = 0, 0, 0, 0, -1, 0, 1) also the saddle will not accept the switchback as a mountable part.

Using version 0.8.5

Current issues:

*Switchbacks KIS attach node, rather all the nodes seems off or the origo of the part.

*Saddle does not want to mount the switchback.

I did sumit a Issue report on github

Thanks for the report. :) I will have a fix this weekend.

Hi Angel,

I like your Mod a lot. Especially the KIS compatibility is what I was always looking for to finally go for some space camping :-) so much kerbal!

Unfortunately I have some really bad RAM issues because I have way too many mods installed (yeah I know...) I already stripped my game to the absolute necessary - which is still to much to play with Pathfinder without crashing.

So is there a way to install only the Ponderosa module? My Problem here is that it doesn't inflate if I delete the rest and I have no idea which files are needed exactly to make it work (except for those in /Assets of course).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Also please don't be offended by my blasphemic request here :-). I love your mod. As soon as the 64bit version is stable I will definitely enjoy the whole thing but until now I just can't without breaking my save :-\

Keep up the good work!