[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

Angelo Kerman

41 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Not sure. Are you in the editor or put in the field? If you are in the editor then you can't inflate the mode by design.

In the field... tried it sitting on the launchpad and then also in orbit.  No bueno either way.

On 16/01/2016 at 2:28 AM, Angel-125 said:

@pellinor @Bluebottle:I'll definitely be looking into these. I like the idea of a landing gear, like a foot. I may have another part that serves as a hub that has a landing gear type thingy. I'm also considering a distributed base solution as well; something that lets you have small clusters of modules and something that automatically distributes resources if you're in physics range. That's the fun of my "Duna Space Program" mission report, I've been discovering new challenges while trying to move my base around or build new ones. For instance, hauling resources is a real challenge, even if you're just driving a 100km. I think some kind of automatic logistics transport would be helpful. I might revive my old KOTS idea.. This will have to wait for 1.1 though, I want to take a short break and mess around with my mods a bit more before the new version of the game is released.

Sounds good, be sure to take a break and keep those modding fires burning for 1.1. :)

Edited by Bluebottle

On 2016. 1. 15. at 0:37 AM, Halox said:

Hi,

great mod. Thanks for your work.

I have problem. Not sure if its a KIS/KAS problem or a pathfinder problem, but if I drop the Ponderosa or Buckboard on the ground, they randomly explode. If they did not explode after dropping they explode due to pokeing with a kerbal on it. 

I tested it on a fresh install only with pathfinder KIS and KAS

Me too.. i drop on mun, and ponderosa explode... :( (Sorry for my bad english.. im from south korea)

many parts in many mods have this tendency to explode when dropped on the ground, no matter how gently. better to just attach them instantly to wherever you want to put them or shove it in an inventory

however, it DOES seem that pathfinder/buffalo MSEV is having particular issues - I've had a couple of both Saddle muncrete bases AND wheel jacks explode on me during timewarp. managed to drop them on the ground and then attach them just fine, but the very moment I entered timewarp they blew up. 

I can't seem to inflate the Ponderosa.  Like, at all.  Won't inflate in the VAB/SPH, and if I launch a vehicle with them I see no option to inflate it at all.  Which is problematic because the IVA view is amazing..

Hey Angel,

Took a break from KSP for a bit and just fired it up for the first time to try out PF 0.97.

It seems that the Terrain scanner is still a bit buggered up.  If used on a launch vehicle, as soon as the vehicle hits 700 meters altitude after a kerbin launch, the player loses control of the craft.  I am testing using remote tech, but I did numerous tests with local (astronaut) control and remote tech control no kerbal.  Whenever the Terrain module was included on the vehicle, I would lose control at 700 meters. 

Please see the following test craft files to confirm the tests..   Stock KSP with latest pathfinder and Remote tech needed for craft files.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2q7xzai9cnjgkbq/AAB4CYRZ9gVO-eQFoN6OvAnca?dl=0

JB

First of all thx allot for your work. I really love this mod.

Unfortunately I have problem. When ever I have Kerbals in a base they dissapear and die after a couple of session changes. I tried to find the bug for hours but was not able to find anything!

I read about someone else a couple of pages before who had a comparable problem with KIA - Crew.

Any idea what may cause this?

Edit: Just found the problem. The mod which was the cause is "Stage Recovery" It seems that the mod is trying to recover the base. Without it everything is just fine!

Edited by JohnWildman
Update

On 1/24/2016 at 7:35 AM, Kershu5 said:

I can't seem to inflate the Ponderosa.  Like, at all.  Won't inflate in the VAB/SPH, and if I launch a vehicle with them I see no option to inflate it at all.  Which is problematic because the IVA view is amazing..

Ok, I need more info to help. Do you have the logs? You cannot inflate the module in the VAB/SPH, only out in the field. The fact that you can't see the option out in the field suggests there's a problem somewhere with the install. How did you install the mod?

On 1/24/2016 at 8:39 AM, Buzz313th said:

Hey Angel,

Took a break from KSP for a bit and just fired it up for the first time to try out PF 0.97.

It seems that the Terrain scanner is still a bit buggered up.  If used on a launch vehicle, as soon as the vehicle hits 700 meters altitude after a kerbin launch, the player loses control of the craft.  I am testing using remote tech, but I did numerous tests with local (astronaut) control and remote tech control no kerbal.  Whenever the Terrain module was included on the vehicle, I would lose control at 700 meters. 

Please see the following test craft files to confirm the tests..   Stock KSP with latest pathfinder and Remote tech needed for craft files.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2q7xzai9cnjgkbq/AAB4CYRZ9gVO-eQFoN6OvAnca?dl=0

JB

It sounds like the Remote Tech config for the Terrain is off. I don't know anything about RT, so it'll take a bit to sort out.

8 hours ago, JohnWildman said:

First of all thx allot for your work. I really love this mod.

Unfortunately I have problem. When ever I have Kerbals in a base they dissapear and die after a couple of session changes. I tried to find the bug for hours but was not able to find anything!

I read about someone else a couple of pages before who had a comparable problem with KIA - Crew.

Any idea what may cause this?

Edit: Just found the problem. The mod which was the cause is "Stage Recovery" It seems that the mod is trying to recover the base. Without it everything is just fine!

Yay, glad you figured out the problem. :)

5 hours ago, 123nick said:

hey is this compatible with the brand new USI life support update? i heard its a total overhaul of the life support systems, and id think id be neat if this was compatible with it, in some way or another

I have an update in the works. You can play with a pre-release config by downloading from here. I should have the official release in the next couple of days.

On January 24, 2016 at 10:35 AM, Kershu5 said:

This is the exact same problem I was having with the Homestead.

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 10:42 PM, Angel-125 said:

Ok, I need more info to help. Do you have the logs? You cannot inflate the module in the VAB/SPH, only out in the field. The fact that you can't see the option out in the field suggests there's a problem somewhere with the install. How did you install the mod?

It sounds like the Remote Tech config for the Terrain is off. I don't know anything about RT, so it'll take a bit to sort out.

Yay, glad you figured out the problem. :)

I have an update in the works. You can play with a pre-release config by downloading from here. I should have the official release in the next couple of days.

The problem does not seem to be an issue with your remote tech cfg file.  I have been looking at this problem myself.  There is a bug right now in remote tech that has to do with data being transmitted from the science lab and the M700.  There is a DLL fix that has been put onto the remote tech forum however it still seems broken.  I also have the issue of kerbals on EVA vanishing become KIA because of stage recovery mod. 

The original developer of remote tech has is not able to update the mod or is missing right now so people might want to hold off on using remote tech. The dll fix will get the M700 to work however you will not be able to view resources from the tracking station (Its still bugged.) You can still see the resources directly from the satellite with the M700.  Since your code is based on the M700 I would assume it has the same issue if remote tech is installed.

Also the reason the other person is loosing control of the craft is the built in Omni antenna is breaking under high dynamic pressure.  I was able to keep control for longer keeping the rocket slow however there is no way for it to reach orbit.  The TERRAIN seems to override the probe core so when the antenna breaks you can use "[" or "]" to swap to the active probe core however the craft still has no control because of the broken antenna.   I tried putting the probe core before the terrain scanner and the remote tech antenna onto the probe core.  With the TERRAIN on top I was able to control the craft after the terrain broke at around 100m/s by swapping control to the probe core.   The problem is the built in Omni antenna on the TERRAIN breaking under dynamic pressure also breaks the entire TERRAIN part.

The TERRAIN also seems to be breaking the part list when reverting to VAB.  I did try to modify the MM CFG file and turned the antenna into a passive antenna like a probe core and that kept the TERRAIN from breaking under dynamic pressure however the part list still became bugged on revert to VAB.

Edited by Vaga
New information

4 hours ago, Vaga said:

The problem does not seem to be an issue with your remote tech cfg file.  I have been looking at this problem myself.  There is a bug right now in remote tech that has to do with data being transmitted from the science lab and the M700.  There is a DLL fix that has been put onto the remote tech forum however it still seems broken.  I also have the issue of kerbals on EVA vanishing become KIA because of stage recovery mod. 

The original developer of remote tech has is not able to update the mod or is missing right now so people might want to hold off on using remote tech. The dll fix will get the M700 to work however you will not be able to view resources from the tracking station (Its still bugged.) You can still see the resources directly from the satellite with the M700.  Since your code is based on the M700 I would assume it has the same issue if remote tech is installed.

Also the reason the other person is loosing control of the craft is the built in Omni antenna is breaking under high dynamic pressure.  I was able to keep control for longer keeping the rocket slow however there is no way for it to reach orbit.  The TERRAIN seems to override the probe core so when the antenna breaks you can use "[" or "]" to swap to the active probe core however the craft still has no control because of the broken antenna.   I tried putting the probe core before the terrain scanner and the remote tech antenna onto the probe core.  With the TERRAIN on top I was able to control the craft after the terrain broke at around 100m/s by swapping control to the probe core.   The problem is the built in Omni antenna on the TERRAIN breaking under dynamic pressure also breaks the entire TERRAIN part.

The TERRAIN also seems to be breaking the part list when reverting to VAB.  I did try to modify the MM CFG file and turned the antenna into a passive antenna like a probe core and that kept the TERRAIN from breaking under dynamic pressure however the part list still became bugged on revert to VAB.

Thank you for investigating this further. :) It sounds like Terrain doesn't work too well with Remote Tech. I think that with stock antennas coming with 1.1, I'll hold off making further changes to the Terrain until the new version of the game is released. Meantime, the simplest solution is to remove the antenna module from the Terrain when using RemoteTech.

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

Thank you for investigating this further. :) It sounds like Terrain doesn't work too well with Remote Tech. I think that with stock antennas coming with 1.1, I'll hold off making further changes to the Terrain until the new version of the game is released. Meantime, the simplest solution is to remove the antenna module from the Terrain when using RemoteTech.

Yes removing the antenna  or changing it to a probe core with limited passive antenna.  It should default to a better external antenna if one is able to connect with remote tech as long as the probe core has limited range.

@PART[WBI_Terrain]:FOR[Pathfinder]:NEEDS[!AntennaRange,RemoteTech]
{
 !MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter] {}

@MODULE[ModuleAnimateGeneric]
 {
  %allowManualControl = false
 }

%MODULE[ModuleRTAntennaPassive] // Changed it to work like the passive antenna on a probe core so it don't break.

{
  %Mode0OmniRange = 0
  %Mode1OmniRange = 2500000 // <---  You could limit the range here to something like 3000m (%OmniRange = 3000) I would just use one of the default probe cores as a template.
  %MaxQ = 6000
  %EnergyCost = 0.13

%DeployFxModules = 0

%TRANSMITTER {
   %PacketInterval = 0.3
   %PacketSize = 2
   %PacketResourceCost = 15.0
  }
 }

%MODULE[ModuleSPUPassive] {}   // Not sure the Passive is needed on this part.  Should have been on the other part.

You could use the CFG file in remote tech for the SQUAD antennas something like the launch clamps.  I'm not good with changes to remote tech myself.  Perhaps just setting the antenna to passive is enough to make it functional with the settings it has. I didn't try to put it in orbit.  I did fly it up to around 30km without a problem just adding  %MODULE[ModuleRTAntennaPassive].

The original code does work with other mods however those antenna also have the ability to be extended or retracted keeping them from breaking.  Since your antenna is active the entire time it breaks the part once the antenna breaks.

Edited by Vaga

3 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

ok I think I found a usable CFG setting.  It might not be the correct way to do it however it is working and functional.  Here is a copy of my CFG file.

//Antenna Range Module Manager patch by badsector. Thanks badsector! :)
@PART[WBI_Gaslight]:FOR[Pathfinder]:NEEDS[!AntennaRange,RemoteTech]
{

{
	}

%MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna] {
		%Mode0OmniRange = 0
		%Mode1OmniRange = 2500000
		%MaxQ = 6000
		%EnergyCost = 0.13

%DeployFxModules = 0

%TRANSMITTER {
			%PacketInterval = 0.3
			%PacketSize = 2
		}
	}

%MODULE[ModuleSPUPassive] {}
}

{

{
	}

%MODULE[ModuleRTAntennaPassive] {
		%Mode0OmniRange = 0
		%MaxQ = 6000
		%EnergyCost = 0.13

%DeployFxModules = 0

%TRANSMITTER {
		 	%PacketInterval = 0.3
			%PacketSize = 2
		}
	}

Here is a link to a picture of it working with remote tech 1.6.9 and the recompiled DLL from Remote Tech FX DLL fix for M700 & Science Lab

The PIC of the TERRAIN working with Remote Tech.

There is still no fix to see the data from the tracking station until remote tech gets a real update. You can access it from the Terrain satellite in orbit only.

Edited by Vaga

15 minutes ago, Vaga said:

ok I think I found a usable CFG setting.  It might not be the correct way to do it however it is working and functional.  Here is a copy of my CFG file.

//Antenna Range Module Manager patch by badsector. Thanks badsector! :)
@PART[WBI_Gaslight]:FOR[Pathfinder]:NEEDS[!AntennaRange,RemoteTech]
{

{
	}

%MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna] {
		%Mode0OmniRange = 0
		%MaxQ = 6000
		%EnergyCost = 0.13

%DeployFxModules = 0

%TRANSMITTER {
			%PacketInterval = 0.3
			%PacketSize = 2
		}
	}

}

{

{
	}

%MODULE[ModuleRTAntennaPassive] {
		%Mode0OmniRange = 0
		%MaxQ = 6000
		%EnergyCost = 0.13

%DeployFxModules = 0

%TRANSMITTER {
		 	%PacketInterval = 0.3
			%PacketSize = 2
		}
	}

Here is a link to a picture of it working with remote tech 1.6.9 and the recompiled DLL from Remote Tech FX DLL fix for M700 & Science Lab

The PIC of the TERRAIN working with Remote Tech.

There is still no fix to see the data from the tracking station until remote tech gets a real update. You can access it from the Terrain satellite in orbit only.

Thank you soo much...

I just unzipped the mod into my gamedata folder, as I do with all my mods, Angel.  Uhh I'm afraid I don't have any logs, though, I tend to clean those out with regularity, and I'll be back on the road moving very soon..  It does only seem to be the Penderosa though, using the other bits I don't have any problems.  Aside from my rig being fussy about large part-count stuff, of course.

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 11:24 AM, Kershu5 said:

I just unzipped the mod into my gamedata folder, as I do with all my mods, Angel.  Uhh I'm afraid I don't have any logs, though, I tend to clean those out with regularity, and I'll be back on the road moving very soon..  It does only seem to be the Penderosa though, using the other bits I don't have any problems.  Aside from my rig being fussy about large part-count stuff, of course.

I just noticed I am getting the same error.  I know it was working a few patches ago but had started a new career mode.  Now the only thing that will inflate is the old faithful water cooling tower.

I tried going back to version o.96 and 0.95 and still getting the same error.  I thought everything was  working in 0.96.  The only thing that I can think of different is the 1.0.5 update of KSP or some kind of mod conflict.

After More testing it is only in the VAB & SPH that I can't inflate anything other than the Old Faithful water cooling tower.  When I build a base everything works properly.  The only thing that seems to be broken is the animation in the VAB and SPH.

Edited by Vaga
New Info

I've just verified that all the inflatable modules do indeed inflate. Keep in mind, you can only inflate the Ponderosa, Casa, Chuckwagon, Doc, Hacienda, and Homestead after you launch, NOT in the VAB/SPH. You also need sufficient RocketParts and a skilled Engineer to inflate the modules, unless you use Modifier Key + P to open the Settings window and disable the need for RocketParts and Engineers.

If you're using CKAN to install Pathfinder, don't. I no longer support CKAN installs due to the issues I keep having.

56 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

I've just verified that all the inflatable modules do indeed inflate. Keep in mind, you can only inflate the Ponderosa, Casa, Chuckwagon, Doc, Hacienda, and Homestead after you launch, NOT in the VAB/SPH. You also need sufficient RocketParts and a skilled Engineer to inflate the modules, unless you use Modifier Key + P to open the Settings window and disable the need for RocketParts and Engineers.

If you're using CKAN to install Pathfinder, don't. I no longer support CKAN installs due to the issues I keep having.

I was able to get the Homestead to inflate, but only by an engineer outside of the vessel.  I had a vessel with ~5000 rocketparts, and an engineer on board.  No matter what I did the inflate option would not come up if I just right-clicked on the module.  I took my engineer EVA and from about amidship, I was able to inflate the module.  I've only ever inflated the surface modules from the outside with the engineer that placed them, so it never occurred to me that it would be the same deal with the Homestead.

So, I guess the question is: is that normal behavior?

That isn't normal, you should be able to inflate the modules from inside the craft. That's how I tested it, in fact, so not sure why you're having problems.

Edit: I just checked, you should be able to inflate the modules from within the craft. I'll need your log files to know what is going on at this point.

Edited by Angel-125

0.9.8 Life, don't talk to me about life.

Get the latest here.

This update overhauls the various module manager patches for Snacks, TAC-LS, and USI-LS. This overhaul takes advantage of new resources available in the Community Resource Pack, and as a result, the converter inputs and outputs for the Prairie and Pigpen make more sense now.

Snacks
- The Pigpen composter now benefits from Scientists, not Engineers.
- The Pigpen Composter now creates Fertilizer (you need ElectricCharge, Organics, Minerals, and Dirt).
- The Pigpen can create Dirt (you need ElectricCharge, Ore, Minerals, and Fertilizer).
- The Prairie greenhouse now consumes ElectricCharge, Water and Fertilizer, and requires Dirt.
- The Watney lab can produce Organics (you need Ore, Water, and ElectricCharge). Go organic chemistry! :)
- Removed the Watney's Snack Grinder.

TAC-LS
- The Pigpen converters now benefit from Scientists, not Engineers.
- The Pigpen Composter now creates Fertilizer (you need ElectricCharge, Water, Waste, and Minerals).
- The Pigpen can create Dirt (you need ElectricCharge, Ore, Minerals, and Fertilizer).
- The Prairie greenhouse now consumes ElectricCharge, Water and Fertilizer, and requires Dirt.

USI-LS
- Overhauled the converters and support for USI-LS to reflect the latest version. See MM_USI-LS.cfg for details. Thanks for the tips on how to configure things, RoverDude! :)
- Modules now have a lifespan and will wear out over time if USI-LS is installed.
- The Pigpen converters now benefit from Scientists, not Engineers.
- The Pigpen Composter now creates Fertilizer (you need ElectricCharge and Mulch).
- The Pigpen can create Dirt (you need ElectricCharge, Organics, Minerals, and Fertilizer).
- The Prairie greenhouse now uses ElectricCharge, Water and Fertilizer, and requires Dirt.
- The Ponderosa habitat template has a life support recycler that supports up to 6 kerbals.
- The Watney lab can produce Organics (you need Ore, Water, Minerals, and ElectricCharge). Go organic chemistry! :)

Templates
- Added Dirt template.
- Added Fertilizer template.

Sunburn Lab
- Added the ability to make Glykerol (you need ElectricCharge, ExoticMinerals, RareMetals, and Coolant) if Deep Freeze is installed.

Old Faithful
- The Old Faithful now has the ability to toggle open cycle cooling. With open cycle cooling, it can shed even more heat at the cost of expending water.

Other
- Moved Module Manager patches to the Pathfinder/ModuleManagerPatches folder. There's a lot of them now...
- Added support for Connected Living Spaces to the Buffalo. Thanks for the assist, Technologicat! :)

Bug Fixes
- The Watney Rainmaker converters will now dump excess ElectricCharge instead of getting stuck.
- Fixed Remote Tech issues with the TERRAIN. Thanks for the investigation and fix, Vaga! :)

Hi Angel-125,

I love your mods. But I was finding it very difficult to use with USILS. Turns out that in my install the STORAGE_TEMPLATE for the USILS resources (Suplies, Mulch...) is being ignored somehow. I can't get a Buckboard (nor any other storage part) to have the Life Suport option on the GUI (and the resources). The Fertilizer one appears somehow... and the inflatable parts have the USILS converters... Like the only way to get any part of you mod to have "supplies" is to have a Greenhouse! I thought i could edit some files to force it to work... like removing the ":NEEDS[USILifeSupport]" from MM_USILS.cfg, but I still can't .

I did a full new install. Manual install from the updated zips... I have this problem for some time now... I saw that you and Roverdude where talking about updates... Did another new manual install of just KSP, KAS, KIS, USILS and Pathfinder... nothing... no Life Suport storage parts... Please help!

I am using KSP 1.0.5.1028 32bits on a Windows 7 64bits

Here is the content of D:\Games\KSP 1.05 SM1\KSP_Data\output_log.txt http://paste.ubuntu.com/14862171/ (I Alt-F4 just after loading a Buckboard on the VAB)

And here is the screenshot of the Gamedata folder of my test install and the Zips I used to test

Spoiler

C1Ea4dN.png

Edited by ZeroA4
Clarify the log end