[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

Angelo Kerman

There used to be a way to have the stock MPL act like MOLE/PathFinder 'Commercial Science' labs (ie, redeem for science, funds or reputation). It was enabled by renaming a .txt file to .cfg, but I can't remember the name/location of this file.

Was it removed? If not, where is it?

1 hour ago, Bombaatu said:

There used to be a way to have the stock MPL act like MOLE/PathFinder 'Commercial Science' labs (ie, redeem for science, funds or reputation). It was enabled by renaming a .txt file to .cfg, but I can't remember the name/location of this file.

Was it removed? If not, where is it?

I removed it, the patch was messing up other mods.

There appears to be a configuration bug. When I launch, I get this error in the log:

[ERR 20:16:31.177] [ModuleManager] Error - more than one pass specifier on a node: WildBlueIndustries/MCM/Parts/Stockyard250/@PART[WBI_Stockyard2502]:FOR[MCM]:FINAL

[ERR 20:16:31.178] [ModuleManager] Error - more than one pass specifier on a node: WildBlueIndustries/MCM/Parts/Stockyard375/@PART[WBI_Stockyard3752]:FOR[MCM]:FINAL

Fresh install with just MOLE, PathFinder & DSEV, along with their requirements.

Heres a question, is it or could it be possible to have 2 configurable containers within the same part? for instance so you could have a small one that could be LS and a big one for equipment, but you could change depending on the situation?

22 hours ago, Bombaatu said:

There appears to be a configuration bug. When I launch, I get this error in the log:

Fresh install with just MOLE, PathFinder & DSEV, along with their requirements.

MCM has been deprecated at this point, its parts are now in DSEV. The Stockyards are now in MOLE.

19 hours ago, Space Kadet said:

Heres a question, is it or could it be possible to have 2 configurable containers within the same part? for instance so you could have a small one that could be LS and a big one for equipment, but you could change depending on the situation?

Having two sets of configurations in one part isn't supported with WBT.

I can inflate modules but have no deflate button/ I  vaguely remember to be able to do that and config indicate such option. Is this as intended  or something does not work or maybe I need something to be able to do that?

Edited by Pol

3 hours ago, Pol said:

I can inflate modules but have no deflate button/ I  vaguely remember to be able to do that and config indicate such option. Is this as intended  or something does not work or maybe I need something to be able to do that?

what module is it, the new huge ones cant be deflated but the standard tents should be able to come down

1 hour ago, JK_Kerbineer said:

Hey @Angel-125 Could you explain how to use the Pipeline Mass Driver, as I found no documentation on it.

It's really simple to use... just select a destination (only those destinations that are in range will appear), select what you want to send, and if you have "GO" on all the parameters, you're good to go. If not, you'll see "NO GO" in red and some information on what's wrong.

15 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

It's really simple to use... just select a destination (only those destinations that are in range will appear), select what you want to send, and if you have "GO" on all the parameters, you're good to go. If not, you'll see "NO GO" in red and some information on what's wrong.

Thanks!

I think the issue was that the other Mass Driver was out of range.

12 minutes ago, Pol said:

It only work in pristine because it use AnimateGeneric but not with WBIMultipurpose*. I can make workaround but issue itself is strange.

That sounds like an installation issue. How did you install Pathfinder, and what does your WildBlueIndustries folder look like?

I thought maybe something was screwed with renaming on template select, but it seems correct

from github/ I test it without other mods in sandbox

https://imgur.com/a/dJo5o

it's strange because manage operations functions seems working and I can change  function/ content in flight and inflate/defalte in hangar. But no deflate inflight

Maybe I need to equip some instrument or something?

Edited by Pol

I'm using WorldStabilizer which gently "re-lands" stuff on load to avoid bugs, works fine but it means that drills do not touch ground for a bit and deactivate. So I got tired of reclicking them on each time and instead tried to make a kOS script for it.

It hum .. "kinda works" :wink:

Script for reference: https://hastebin.com/hosodeyiba.sql

So raelly simple, I find all haciendas with "Start Ore" action available and "click" it. and it works, the ore starts flowing in but each time it starts a drill there is an exception (and thus my script ends and only enabled one drill ...) :

https://hastebin.com/mudigajifu.vbs

As you can see it fails with a NullReferenceException in WildBlueIndustries.ModuleBreakableHarvester.StartConverter. All in all I'm surprised that it still seems to start drill fine (the UI shows ore/sec and all).

Any idea to save my awesomely automated bases ? :wink:

Thanks for all your work!

3 hours ago, DarkGod said:

I'm using WorldStabilizer which gently "re-lands" stuff on load to avoid bugs, works fine but it means that drills do not touch ground for a bit and deactivate. So I got tired of reclicking them on each time and instead tried to make a kOS script for it.

Hey, I can add it to the next WS release.

1 hour ago, whale_2 said:

Hey, I can add it to the next WS release.

Add what? auto reactivating drills and stuff? if you can that'd be super neat :) (I'd still like to understand why my kOS script fails though :) )

but if you do you nee to not only handle the stock drills but pathfinder ones as they are not the same module :wink:

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

@Angel-125 In career mode with Community Tech Tree, the Gold Digger Mini-Drill right-click menu doesn't have the 'harvest resources' option. The drill works fine in sandbox mode, so I don't think anything is broken. 

Is there some tech or a building upgrade required for the drill to start working? I've already upgraded R&D to the level where surface samples and resource extraction are claimed to be unlocked. Sorry if I'm missing something really silly.

Hey, I tried to install MCM, only two parts seemed to be activated at all, I tried to find it in my list but eventually found this in my log instead: 

[LOG 23:06:56.954] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'WildBlueIndustries/MCM/Parts/MBU/WBI_MBU'
[ERR 23:06:56.956] PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'WildBlueIndustries/Pathfinder/Assets/MBU' as model does not exist

[ERR 23:06:56.956] PartCompiler: Model was not compiled correctly

[ERR 23:06:56.956] PartCompiler: Cannot compile model

[ERR 23:06:56.956] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

[LOG 23:06:56.956] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'WildBlueIndustries/MCM/Parts/MCM/WBI_MCM'
[ERR 23:06:56.957] PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'WildBlueIndustries/Pathfinder/Assets/MCM' as model does not exist

[ERR 23:06:56.957] PartCompiler: Model was not compiled correctly

[ERR 23:06:56.957] PartCompiler: Cannot compile model

[ERR 23:06:56.957] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

[LOG 23:06:56.957] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'WildBlueIndustries/MCM/Parts/Stockyard250/WBI_Stockyard2502'
[ERR 23:06:56.965] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'ModuleConnectedLivingSpace'

[LOG 23:06:56.976] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'WildBlueIndustries/MCM/Parts/Stockyard375/WBI_Stockyard3752'
[ERR 23:06:56.983] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'ModuleConnectedLivingSpace'

20 hours ago, Cadet_BNSF said:

Howdy everyone. 

I am having troubles with pathfinder, the details of which are in this thread: 

Just a warning though, I am running KSP 1.2.2

Thanks, 

Cadet_BNSF

Answered in your thread (inflation needs an Engineer onboard)

17 hours ago, AlonzoTG said:

Hey, I tried to install MCM, only two parts seemed to be activated at all

MCM had but a short half-life and is very obsolete. Don't bother with it.

On 1/31/2018 at 2:45 PM, drhay53 said:

@Angel-125 In career mode with Community Tech Tree, the Gold Digger Mini-Drill right-click menu doesn't have the 'harvest resources' option. The drill works fine in sandbox mode, so I don't think anything is broken. 

Is there some tech or a building upgrade required for the drill to start working? I've already upgraded R&D to the level where surface samples and resource extraction are claimed to be unlocked. Sorry if I'm missing something really silly.

Angel's mods have "part upgrades" scattered about the tech tree. Be sure to buy those along with the parts themselves if you don't already know.

2 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Angel's mods have "part upgrades" scattered about the tech tree. Be sure to buy those along with the parts themselves if you don't already know.

The drill does not say that it has upgrades available in the VAB tooltip, and it claims to have a surface harvester module installed for Ore, but there is just no surface harvest option when it is launched. 

I looked around the tree a little bit and I don't see anything.