[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

Angelo Kerman

16 hours ago, Kosmonaut said:

That's very attractive. Good work!

Thanks, it's getting there...

lIgZ9tH.jpg

When rotated horizontally, the telescope fits in the dome and you can close the doors.

udKNGjl.jpg

Fully elevated, the scope pokes out past the dome a bit.

Once I get it all done, it'll support @JPLRepo's Tarsier telescope mod. :)

Edited by Angel-125

On 12/2/2018 at 2:29 AM, Angel-125 said:

Ok, after giving it a lot of thought, I've decided to shelve the omnidirectional Pipeline. The ground version will retain the ability to restrict its launch azimuth for realism, but there will be a game setting to turn it off for gameplay reasons (and it'll be off by default). Meantime I'll concentrate on the other Sandcastle parts.

Just a thought but why not make it into a planetary launcher (not sure if that was the idea) but make it require more resources, i..e lfo, ox, equipment and uranium, and e.c. Of course. But that can throw a heavy load to kerbin orbit or maybe a ton or 2 to eve orbit, just a thought anyway! 

On 12/3/2018 at 6:51 PM, Angel-125 said:

New storage depot: Hkts9h6.png

These I LOVE gimmie gimmie gimmie!

Edited by Space Kadet
cant spell

1 hour ago, Space Kadet said:

Ive noticed a bug on the omni setups, i was using trying to setup a rock sifter but it wouldent start, kept saying no ec even thow it was full and other things where using it. 

Ok, I need steps to reproduce this, version of Pathfinder you are using too please. :)

For the storage depot - it might make sense to have something closer to the cone-topped silos you see around.  (Easiest to spot are often the short, squat ones used for gravel near major highways.  But the same basic design with the cone top is used on taller narrower cylinders in farms and plants all over the place.)

6 hours ago, DStaal said:

For the storage depot - it might make sense to have something closer to the cone-topped silos you see around.  (Easiest to spot are often the short, squat ones used for gravel near major highways.  But the same basic design with the cone top is used on taller narrower cylinders in farms and plants all over the place.)

Remember though, these are designed for airless environments. A rounded shape works well.

Minor update:

EAcrzoK.jpg

Not a lot done but everything is unwrapped at this point. :)

9 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Ok, I need steps to reproduce this, version of Pathfinder you are using too please. :)

I took the long tent and converted it to omni, then converted processor 1 to rock melter, then the last one to rock sifter, then starten the converters but it wont let the rock sifter start, full e.c. And just in case i messed around with the distributers but no change( its all on the one base anyway) and i tried it again in another tent and same thing.

latest version from stardock

5 hours ago, Space Kadet said:

I took the long tent and converted it to omni, then converted processor 1 to rock melter, then the last one to rock sifter, then starten the converters but it wont let the rock sifter start, full e.c. And just in case i messed around with the distributers but no change( its all on the one base anyway) and i tried it again in another tent and same thing.

latest version from stardock

Ok,Ihave seen that issue before and made some fixes a few weeks ago. Can you try the latest release from GitHub?

10 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Remember though, these are designed for airless environments. A rounded shape works well. 

Point.  I suspect it depends on whether you want to pressurize the storage unit - I can see reasons to avoid doing so where possible, but it'd also be far more convenient to keep it pressurized, and some storage would need to be kept inside the life-support envelope - so as a general case I can see it.

I guess I just wanted to make sure the most common shape in real life for these was considered.

FQi0pDN.png
Fusion power, check. Alcubierre warp drive, check. Anti-gravity...aw crap, not again!!!

Anybody ever see anything like this? This keeps on happening to my Pathfinder bases (or something like it anyway - they either wind up floating or half-buried). Any of y'all know what I might be able to try to correct this phenomenon? On Mun and Minmus, it's mildly annoying. On Kerbin, it's getting to the point where my engineer can't jump up high enough to get to the hatches...

As far as this screenie goes, the airpark is set to landed on the Saddle and on the Buffalo rover nearby. The uninflated Hacienda in the backdrop has been reset twice already but keeps sliding down to the ground. It is attached; I've checked.

Since I'm at it, I've also noted that the Blacksmith/Clockworks interface for the workshop and recycler doesn't have the little x you check in the corner whenever you want to close the window unless the workshop/recycler is in use. Just curious if anybody else has seen that.

Still can't reconfigure my base modules without inflating them first, and I've noted that labels seem to be toggled off by default; curious if this is intended behavior for the mod or not. The deal with labels is annoying but tolerable; not being able to reconfigure before inflation is wasting a hell of a lot of my Equipment.

Using Pathfinder 1.31.1.0 with KSP 1.5.1.

Edited by capi3101

10 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Ok,Ihave seen that issue before and made some fixes a few weeks ago. Can you try the latest release from GitHub?

No worries i will to some testin tomorrow, im layed up with a cracked ankle atm so always time for testin. By the by, its there a template for any of the pathfinder stuff that uses the AI building method for EL or OSE?

42 minutes ago, capi3101 said:

Anybody ever see anything like this? This keeps on happening to my Pathfinder bases (or something like it anyway - they either wind up floating or half-buried).

It's been awhile since the last time I've seen something like that happen. I don't remember what the causes were, but basically the craft position in your save file is not correct, and KSP isn't correcting it. The easiest way to fix it is to use hyper edit and land the base in the same spot. (Kind of, it will be off by a few meters.) The other method involves editing your save file.

3 hours ago, shdwlrd said:

It's been awhile since the last time I've seen something like that happen. I don't remember what the causes were, but basically the craft position in your save file is not correct, and KSP isn't correcting it. The easiest way to fix it is to use hyper edit and land the base in the same spot. (Kind of, it will be off by a few meters.) The other method involves editing your save file.

Ugh. I was a afraid it was going to take something like that.

K. I use KML. The base currently contains eighteen parts; which values am I looking to adjust?

lxukUbt.png
Yes, the base is called Swamp Castle. It's the fourth one; it stayed up...

Is it just this main rotation parameter, or something else? Also noticed that none of the interior parts have "rigidAttachment" listed as True; any idea if that would make any kind of difference?

Maybe it should be that hgt parameter instead...I wish I knew what all this stuff meant. Time to RTFM, I guess.

7 hours ago, capi3101 said:

Since I'm at it, I've also noted that the Blacksmith/Clockworks interface for the workshop and recycler doesn't have the little x you check in the corner whenever you want to close the window unless the workshop/recycler is in use. Just curious if anybody else has seen that.

I have  noticed this as well. Can menu snipe and click the "open" button again from the right click dialog and it closes it, but yeah no close  window. I think this one may be a bug in OSE workshop however.

3 hours ago, capi3101 said:

Ugh. I was a afraid it was going to take something like that.

K. I use KML. The base currently contains eighteen parts; which values am I looking to adjust?

lxukUbt.png
Yes, the base is called Swamp Castle. It's the fourth one; it stayed up...

Is it just this main rotation parameter, or something else? Also noticed that none of the interior parts have "rigidAttachment" listed as True; any idea if that would make any kind of difference?

Maybe it should be that hgt parameter instead...I wish I knew what all this stuff meant. Time to RTFM, I guess.

It should be the "alt" parameter. It's the crafts height above sea level. If you have a rover or something that is close to it, use it as a guide for the value to use. Just remember to set it slightly higher (1 meter or less) then the rover so it lands on the collider and doesn't go kaboom. "rot" is the rotation on the 3 axes. 

12 hours ago, helaeon said:

Can menu snipe and click the "open" button again from the right click dialog and it closes it, but yeah no close  window. I think this one may be a bug in OSE workshop however.

That's still more information than I had; thanks. I was going all the way back to the space center to get rid of the thing.

10 hours ago, shdwlrd said:

It should be the "alt" parameter. It's the crafts height above sea level. If you have a rover or something that is close to it, use it as a guide for the value to use. Just remember to set it slightly higher (1 meter or less) then the rover so it lands on the collider and doesn't go kaboom. "rot" is the rotation on the 3 axes. 

Alright, I'll try adjusting that and see what happens.

14 hours ago, shdwlrd said:

Okay, changing the alt parameter had no effect. Upon reload, the base returned to the same altitude that it was indicating prior to changing the quicksave file. What else can I try?

I did try changing the sit parameter to SUB_ORBITAL and the landed parameter to False; that gave me a base that sank into the ground, then exploded. I'd backed up the persistent save file beforehand, so no damage done, but still...

4 hours ago, capi3101 said:

Okay, changing the alt parameter had no effect. Upon reload, the base returned to the same altitude that it was indicating prior to changing the quicksave file. What else can I try?

I did try changing the sit parameter to SUB_ORBITAL and the landed parameter to False; that gave me a base that sank into the ground, then exploded. I'd backed up the persistent save file beforehand, so no damage done, but still...

Have you tried running timewarp? Sometimes when you come out of time warp, especially high warp, the game will re-do the altitude & position calculations.
Another thing to do is attach landing legs then do the suborbital landed thing you did. I used to always have problems with bases without legs. Lately, less so, but around 1.2 and before I had to always have legs on the rigid parts.

@capi3101 No clue why you are having problems, I don't typically see that issue. Then again, I build on dirt and konkrete platforms. Sorry I can't be much help. :(

Some good news:

2Uype0J.png

The Castillo Observatory is in game and working. :) (Yes I know the doors aren't mirrored yet) My next goal is to create the IVA- based on the existing Castillo IVA- that will be used for both the observatory and the factory for the sake of my sanity..

P.S. Yes, it supports Tarsier and CactEye. If you have both installed, Tarsier takes precedence.

Edited by Angel-125