[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

Angelo Kerman

Alright, I've got 1.35.0 up and running. Standard steps to get CRP mode up and running: deleted 1.34.0 entirely (including .cfg in GameData root), copied 1.35 into place, fired up KSP, switched to Pristine Mode, quit, fired up KSP, switched to CRP mode, quit, put my custom settings in for the Pipelines, and fired up KSP yet again.

Confirmed the textures are fixed and looking good. Still need to get and check the other two fixes; I'll likely be able to attend to those in the next hour or two.

Did note something of concern with the Castillo Factory:

eymSwwX.png

Note the listed Max Volume. Only seeing this for the Workshop on the Castillo Factory - the one for the Blacksmith is fine. 

On the off chance the volume changes might've fixed the disagreement between OSE and Pathfinder, I tried a simple print (a KAS Screwdriver). Still no joy. This is showing up in my log file a fair amount.

[ERR 10:25:26.405] [OSE] - Error while determing maximum volume of available inventories!

[EXC 10:25:26.407] InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.
	Workshop.W_KIS.KISWrapper.GetInventories (Vessel vessel) (at <90b8fcfbfc5e4214b18b0d1863520bdd>:0)
	Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop.LoadMaxVolume () (at <90b8fcfbfc5e4214b18b0d1863520bdd>:0)
	UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
	Workshop.WorkshopUtils:LogError(String, Exception)
	Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop:LoadMaxVolume()
	Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop:OnStart(StartState)
	Part:ModulesOnStart()
	<Start>d__297:MoveNext()
	UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

[LOG 10:25:26.407] [OSE] - Max volume is: 0 liters

Log file for this session. I know you were maintaining the OSE code for a while; your 1.3.1 version was working with Pathfinder 1.32.4 in KSP 1.6.1 just fine. I've glanced at OSE's source code versus yours and it looks like there was some kind of change made to the FinalizeInventory function. My C# is rusty a bit rusty or I'd be more specific about the change. Do you think I should try your 1.3.1 version with Pathfinder 1.35.0?

21 minutes ago, capi3101 said:

Alright, I've got 1.35.0 up and running. Standard steps to get CRP mode up and running: deleted 1.34.0 entirely (including .cfg in GameData root), copied 1.35 into place, fired up KSP, switched to Pristine Mode, quit, fired up KSP, switched to CRP mode, quit, put my custom settings in for the Pipelines, and fired up KSP yet again.

Confirmed the textures are fixed and looking good. Still need to get and check the other two fixes; I'll likely be able to attend to those in the next hour or two.

Did note something of concern with the Castillo Factory:

eymSwwX.png

Note the listed Max Volume. Only seeing this for the Workshop on the Castillo Factory - the one for the Blacksmith is fine. 

On the off chance the volume changes might've fixed the disagreement between OSE and Pathfinder, I tried a simple print (a KAS Screwdriver). Still no joy. This is showing up in my log file a fair amount.

[ERR 10:25:26.405] [OSE] - Error while determing maximum volume of available inventories!

[EXC 10:25:26.407] InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.
	Workshop.W_KIS.KISWrapper.GetInventories (Vessel vessel) (at <90b8fcfbfc5e4214b18b0d1863520bdd>:0)
	Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop.LoadMaxVolume () (at <90b8fcfbfc5e4214b18b0d1863520bdd>:0)
	UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
	Workshop.WorkshopUtils:LogError(String, Exception)
	Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop:LoadMaxVolume()
	Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop:OnStart(StartState)
	Part:ModulesOnStart()
	<Start>d__297:MoveNext()
	UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

[LOG 10:25:26.407] [OSE] - Max volume is: 0 liters

Log file for this session. I know you were maintaining the OSE code for a while; your 1.3.1 version was working with Pathfinder 1.32.4 in KSP 1.6.1 just fine. I've glanced at OSE's source code versus yours and it looks like there was some kind of change made to the FinalizeInventory function. My C# is rusty a bit rusty or I'd be more specific about the change. Do you think I should try your 1.3.1 version with Pathfinder 1.35.0?

If you're working with KSP 1.3.1, OSE Workshop won't work with the latest KIS/KAS. I suspect OSE Workshop will need some changes to support the new version of KIS.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I just updated to 1.4.5 from a long stint in 1.3.1 and I ran into a serious problem with this mod/Buffalo. None of my buckboards will let me reconfigure them to anything else in the VAB/SPH, that is there isn't a button option to do so. All I get is KIS storage. I haven't checked to see if I can reconfigure them in the world yet but this seems a really big problem for most of your mod suite. this is unrelated to Pathfinder but the Coaches from MOLE also refuse to be able to reconfigure to anything  but KIS storage.

Here is my log file, www.dropbox.com/s/xna9bnolxwmfwgr/KSP.log?dl=0.

Can anyone help me figure this out?

Also I really don't want to have to figure out how to use KAS 1.0 so updating again is not a solution.

@Titan 3001 You have an interesting situation. WBI has an alternate resource system and a play mode for it. When any one mode is active, its configs have the .cfg extension and are read by KSP. The other modes' configs are disabled, renamed to .txt. Your log tells me that you have .cfg and .txt files for every mode which is a total mess. You'll need to delete and reinstall all of the WBI mods to fix that. That should be enough.

14 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

The other modes' configs are disabled, renamed to .txt. Your log tells me that you have .cfg and .txt files for every mode which is a total mess.

Is this every mode or every storage config, because each storage config had a .cfg and a .txt file for them in my download. I presumed that, that was how the new version was formatted and so left it alone.

33 minutes ago, Titan 3001 said:

ach storage config had a .cfg and a .txt file for them in my download.

If that's how it is in the download itself then that download is in error. I suggest you try the nearest compatible version and confirm this is not happening in those too.

2 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

If that's how it is in the download itself then that download is in error. I suggest you try the nearest compatible version and confirm this is not happening in those too.

This is happening in pathfinder 1.3.01 from both github and spacedock, both classic stock and CRP, in production and storage have .txt and .cfg copies of each option.

3 hours ago, Titan 3001 said:

This is happening in pathfinder 1.3.01 from both github and spacedock, both classic stock and CRP, in production and storage have .txt and .cfg copies of each option.

Are you switching directly between Classic Stock and CRP? If so, switch to Pristine mode first before switching to CRP. And make sure you completely exit the game after each switch (that bit probably goes without saying but I'll say it anyway).

Edited by capi3101

1 hour ago, capi3101 said:

Are you switching directly between Classic Stock and CRP? If so, switch to Pristine mode first before switching to CRP. And make sure you completely exit the game after each switch (that bit probably goes without saying but I'll say it anyway).

I did switch between classic stock and CRP, but that was after the no resource reconfiguration problem came up. It may be a problem with the download file itself.

On 2/23/2020 at 12:03 PM, capi3101 said:

Did you switch to Pristine Mode at any point?

Not yet, do you think that will solve the problem of not being able to reconfigure huge sections of Wild Blue Industries storage?

And I do have an update, I deleted all of the excess .txt files from the mod and I still cannot reconfigure the Buckboards.

33 minutes ago, Titan 3001 said:

Not yet, do you think that will solve the problem of not being able to reconfigure huge sections of Wild Blue Industries storage?

Yes, it's part of the process of setting up CRP mode, and it's the most tedious thing about the Pathfinder mod IMHO, but it's necessary if you want to use CRP mode. Had this same problem myself when I was using 1.3.x, and this process solved it.

So - here's what you do:

1) Delete the WBI directories you've got already entirely. You need to start clean. Make sure you delete the WBIPlayMode.cfg file from the root GameData directory while you're at it.
2) Re-download the WBI mods you want if necessary, or just reinstall them if you've still got the zip files.
3) Fire up KSP. Go into any of your save files (doesn't matter which), hit the WBI button whilst looking at the space center and select "Pristine Mode".
4) Exit KSP. Fire KSP up again.
5) Go into your save file, hit the WBI button whilst looking at the space center and select "CRP Mode" (or whatever the damn button says - I'm not looking at it right now).
6) Exit KSP. Fire KSP up again.
7) Profit.

I know the prospect of firing up the game three times sucks, but it should fix the issues you're seeing (keyword is should - if for some reason it doesn't, post back again and let us know; we'll figure out what's going on from there).

Edited by capi3101

5 hours ago, capi3101 said:

Yes, it's part of the process of setting up CRP mode, and it's the most tedious thing about the Pathfinder mod IMHO, but it's necessary if you want to use CRP mode. Had this same problem myself when I was using 1.3.x, and this process solved it.

So - here's what you do:

1) Delete the WBI directories you've got already entirely. You need to start clean. Make sure you delete the WBIPlayMode.cfg file from the root GameData directory while you're at it.
2) Re-download the WBI mods you want if necessary, or just reinstall them if you've still got the zip files.
3) Fire up KSP. Go into any of your save files (doesn't matter which), hit the WBI button whilst looking at the space center and select "Pristine Mode".
4) Exit KSP. Fire KSP up again.
5) Go into your save file, hit the WBI button whilst looking at the space center and select "CRP Mode" (or whatever the damn button says - I'm not looking at it right now).
6) Exit KSP. Fire KSP up again.
7) Profit.

I know the prospect of firing up the game three times sucks, but it should fix the issues you're seeing (keyword is should - if for some reason it doesn't, post back again and let us know; we'll figure out what's going on from there).

No such luck. The buckboards refuse to have the option to reconfigure the storage and I also have copies of the classic stock storage options in the chuckwagon.

This may be due to the fact that both .txt and .cfg files for all options of production and storage in Wild Blue Tools of both CRP and Classic stock.

36 minutes ago, Titan 3001 said:

No such luck. The buckboards refuse to have the option to reconfigure the storage and I also have copies of the classic stock storage options in the chuckwagon.

This may be due to the fact that both .txt and .cfg files for all options of production and storage in Wild Blue Tools of both CRP and Classic stock.

Did you follow the instructions I gave you exactly?

Just now, capi3101 said:

Did you follow the instructions I gave you exactly?

Yes I did.

However I did delete the extra .txt files in the play mode directory and that fixed the problem. Mostly, I still have some parts that I apparently didn't delete all of them so I have to go back and delete those as well.

1 hour ago, Titan 3001 said:

Yes I did.

However I did delete the extra .txt files in the play mode directory and that fixed the problem. Mostly, I still have some parts that I apparently didn't delete all of them so I have to go back and delete those as well.

Hm, I have to check WildBlueTools then and see if there are duplicate files. It should start with all CRP files as .txt and all Classic Stock files as .cfg. If that is not the case then you can manually remove the .txt files from the WildBlueTools/Templates/CRP folder, change any .cfg files to .txt files in the ClassicStock folder, and do the same for Pathfinder as well.

16 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Hm, I have to check WildBlueTools then and see if there are duplicate files. It should start with all CRP files as .txt and all Classic Stock files as .cfg. If that is not the case then you can manually remove the .txt files from the WildBlueTools/Templates/CRP folder, change any .cfg files to .txt files in the ClassicStock folder, and do the same for Pathfinder as well.

I personally checked the downloads of Pathfinder (Pathfinder and WildBlueTools) from both Spacedock and Guthub and both had that problem. Version 1.3.01

I deleted all of the .txt files and almost all of your mods work now (Deep Space exploration, Pathfinder, Buffalo), with the exception of MOLE parts. (I should put that in the MOLE topic but I also don't want to break the conversation) All of the MOLE parts that can be reconfigured refuse to be, this includes the MOLE, Bigby and fuel tanks; the only one that does work is the service module part (forgot the name but the one with engines that are auto set for abort mode). I will provide a log shortly. Log: www.dropbox.com/s/xna9bnolxwmfwgr/KSP.log?dl=0

Thank you so much @capi3101, you were a big help.

Edited by Titan 3001
added log

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, AdmiralSirJohn said:

Ummm... Is this how the non-containerized Casa is supposed to deploy?  I can't get it to sit on its bottom...

No...no it isn't. Generally though the Casa is not intended to be the root part of a new outpost (or even a temporary shelter for that matter). You probably want a Pondarosa instead (i.e. the containerized version of the same general type of part).

EDIT: Didn't read the question thoroughly enough - if you deploy a Casa without it being hooked up to something, then yes, it will deploy tube-end down. This is generally not how you want it, though.

Edited by capi3101

Just now, AdmiralSirJohn said:

I was afraid of that.  Probably better to land a hub nearby...

Yep. A Conastoga will do the trick, or even the aforementioned Pondarosa if you've still got sufficient Equipment resources available.

I have been trying to get this to work with some additional modules for the ponderosa. At first I had a mod pack with too much stuff in it including MKS, LLL, all the Near parts, KPBS, etc. It was super laggy, but the ponderosa could be configured to do basically everything! It was pretty cool.

I started a new mod pack and wanted to just use Pathfinder with USI Life Support. But now it can't do very much. I can't even make food. I switched to USI LS but it also cannot make supplies. I tried in Classic Stock and CRP mode.

The only modules I see are:

The modules I know I am missing are the Blacksmith 3d Print Shop and the Omnishop but maybe more.

The Chuckwagon also has a lot of modules that seem to be broken / not implemented like the POTATO greenhouse.

What am I missing? Is there some hidden dependencies? Is there a way to see what mods unlock what modules? It's hard to know how to get this mod to fully work. I'm not sure if I'm just missing research or what :/

Edited by RadGH

26 minutes ago, RadGH said:

The only modules I see are:

The Pondy/Casa Habitat has the same leveling functionality as the stock science lab - i.e. you use it to level up your kerbals when they come to visit, or for quick levels after you've re-trained colonists  as crewmembers (assuming you've got a Castillo attached somewhere).

I don't use life support modules myself, so I'm of little use when it comes to the life-support related modules. I think the Pigpen makes Fertilizer resources, which the CropWorks module (a Hacienda module) turns into food/snacks. Either that or one is just a more efficient version of the other; to get it to work you'll probably need to have an Engineer in a Hacienda attached to your base somewhere so your productivity rating isn't dreck (smarter the better as a rule). You'll also need to have someplace to store the resources you want to produce.

I also want to say that support for USI has been discontinued but I could be completely wrong about that. Try Snacks instead if all else fails.

You mentioned trying CRP mode...did you switch to Pristine mode in between switching back and forth between the two, as indicated in the OP of this thread? If not you probably will need to do a complete full delete-and-reinstall to get the mod working like it should again.

EDIT: The Blacksmith module requires the OSE Workshop mod. Right now it's not getting along with Pathfinder very well but that's on OSE's end; if you want it, try an older version of it. OSE 1.3.1 was working with Pathfinder 1.32.4 in KSP 1.6.1; that's the last time I knew it worked. May or may not be helpful. 

Edited by capi3101