[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

Angelo Kerman

6 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Go to the Settings window in KSP (press ESC to do that), find the Pathfinder tab. There's an option to disable the equipment costs.

Also i cant use the Mod P. its Alt+P right? since i use kerbal attachment system it opens winch control.

1 hour ago, Firedon said:

Still cant seem to figure out how to turn off resource cost. any help is appreciated.

thank you

I am also having the same problem as you, but i think i some what solved it, I pressed mod B  and it brung up the settings but it said TBD so.. I have no idea what happened to the settings

10 hours ago, Foefue said:

I am also having the same problem as you, but i think i some what solved it, I pressed mod B  and it brung up the settings but it said TBD so.. I have no idea what happened to the settings

Oh yeah I get the same TBD. but the I believe the resource option would be in the Pathfinder settings. Hope this is updated, it's the only thing that's stopping my duna base. The details in the guppy cockpit are absolutely crazy though. My favorite mod so far. 

18 hours ago, Firedon said:

Oh yeah I get the same TBD. but the I believe the resource option would be in the Pathfinder settings. Hope this is updated, it's the only thing that's stopping my duna base. The details in the guppy cockpit are absolutely crazy though. My favorite mod so far. 

Same, i also hate having to bring rockets to my mun base inorder to open a thing and its so confusing to do resource distribution

• 2 weeks later...

How do omnistorage templates work?  I'm a bit confused.  I'm playing with Air enabled and some of the Pathfinder parts pick it up but other don't.  For example, the Pipeline Mass Driver's omnistorage can be configured for Air & Stale Air; the Castillo Depot only has Stale Air listed but no (Fresh) Air; and the many of the other parts have neither.

On 8/16/2020 at 6:47 AM, Hohmannson said:

Any chances for ClassConverter to be standalone? A great game-changer thing, especialy with USILS or Moar Kerbals(reproduction), but too much stuff is added alongside.

You shouldn't need to install Angel's parts packs to access this module. Most likely, it's within Wild Blue Tools (core plugin mod) and can simply be MM'd into the target parts. I must mention it exists as alternative to the USI (MKS) feature. It's in use in GameData/WildBlueIndustries/Pathfinder/Parts/BoxedParts/castillo.cfg

Speaking of Moar Kerbals, I never knew that mod existed, and have an experiment to start with Civilian Population.

1 hour ago, Friznit said:

How do omnistorage templates work?  I'm a bit confused.  I'm playing with Air enabled and some of the Pathfinder parts pick it up but other don't.  For example, the Pipeline Mass Driver's omnistorage can be configured for Air & Stale Air; the Castillo Depot only has Stale Air listed but no (Fresh) Air; and the many of the other parts have neither.

FreshAir and StaleAir's presence in a part depend on whether the part has crew capacity. StaleAir's presence depends on whether a (primarily stock) part is given an Air scrubber (through MM patch). The air resources might be blacklisted in the OmniStorage templates (unlikely, but if they don't appear in search results or the full resource list then yes, they were blacklisted...probably by mistake). The Castillo Depot likely has zero or no crew capacity by default so it doesn't get FreshAir added to it (by the plugin watching for crewable parts...and it's fuel tank, not a hab). I'm betting Angel has yet to use it in his personal game, or no reason to tank so much FreshAir so he overlooked it.

Sadly, most of my answer is guess-work. I haven't played enough to have a use for the Castillo parts, especially since they first appeared, so I can't give a precise answer.

13 minutes ago, Kerminator1000 said:

Hey @Angel-125, is Classic Stock Resources incompatible with Community Resource Pack? I can't find an answer to this anywhere.

By principle, yes, they are incompatible. Classic Stock is a tiny, alternative resource pack made for Angel's personal use, and by consequence, for use by anyone else (including myself) who enjoy his mods and simultaneously happen to be displeased by the size and weight of CRP.

@Friznit I realized why Fresh Air isn't accessible in the Castillo Depot's OmniStorage. As a crewable part it is setup to "keep" certain resources when a life support mod is installed. These are ElectricCharge, Snacks, FreshAir (when Snacks! is present). Due to some developments I led @Angel-125 into (with regard to Mk-33) that feature now excludes resources from OmniStorage for very good reasons.

You basically want to do this:

@PART[wbiStorageDepot]
{
	@MODULE[WBIPackingBox]
	{
		!resourcesToKeep = NOPE
	}
}

The Depot can hold crew (when inflated) so it has these settings, however, it's still a tank, and Snacks resources don't get added to it on scene change (due to the Depot not holding crew at all in its default/deflated state so it's best not to have it. I will send Angel the update(s).

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Hi! I really like what this mod looks like and the vast array of explandable structures scratches an efficency itch I have. My major problem is that I like playing with realism mods, namely realfuels. Lots of the parts get fixed to run on keroLox, but certain parts like the buckboards can only contain liquid fuel and oxygen. Even the parts with cryo engines compatibility swap into forms with h2 and oxidizer, not LOX. Is there a way to integrate Pathfinder to a more realistic fuel mod?

Need to report some kind of issue with the aft attachment node on the Pondarosa (the specific one opposite of the 'front door' of the part). For the last couple of KSP/Pathfinder versions, I've been unable to attach Haciendas to that node by any means other than a surface attachment, which then leads to further headaches when I want to attach additional parts downstream. My observations are that it's just the specific interaction between those two parts on that one node; everything attaches to the other two Pondarosa nodes without issue, and Haciendas otherwise have no attachment issues that I've noted. Seems odd and it's been persistent for a few versions of both KSP and Pathfinder. 

I don't have supporting documentation ready, unfortunately; if needed I'll try to get some together when I get the opportunity.

On 8/20/2020 at 12:41 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

By principle, yes, they are incompatible. Classic Stock is a tiny, alternative resource pack made for Angel's personal use, and by consequence, for use by anyone else (including myself) who enjoy his mods and simultaneously happen to be displeased by the size and weight of CRP.

The mods DeepFreeze and OSE Workshop, which the WBI mods have been designed to work with, have a dependency on Community Resource Pack. Does Classic Stock have a patch so those mods work without CRP?

@Bombaatu Wild Blue Tools has DeepFreeze covered and defines Glykerol without CRP. As for OSE Workshop, I recently revised WBT's file and some configs within OSE itself, including the one that hands out the recipes. I did this solely for @Angel-125's convenience. I used the mod once ever, a few years ago.

The revised file will inflate your MM cache to a notable degree (introducing 4 patch passes to set out empties, do the Math, and finally clean up) but instead of parts having several part recipe nodes each, they have just 1 node with high numbers, which I hope OSE can handle. I'll PR this to LinuxGuruGamer once I get good news.

// A glimpse at what the recipe handout config looks like now

// - - - - Set blanks for addition passes - - - - - - - 
@PART:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleGroundSciencePart]]:FOR[Workshop1]
{
	%OSE_PartRecipe:NEEDS[!ClassicStock]
	{
		%MaterialKits = 0
		%RareMetals = 0
		%ExoticMinerals = 0
		%Complexity = 0
	}
	%OSE_PartRecipe:NEEDS[ClassicStock]
	{
		%Equipment = 0
		%PreciousMetals = 0
		%Gemstones = 0
		%Complexity = 0
	}
}

// - - - - Addition passes - - - - - - - 
@PART:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleGroundSciencePart]]:FOR[Workshop2]
{
	@OSE_PartRecipe:NEEDS[!ClassicStock]
	{
		@RareMetals += 1
		@ExoticMinerals += 1
		@Complexity += 1 
	}
	@OSE_PartRecipe:NEEDS[ClassicStock]
	{
		@PreciousMetals += 1
		@Gemstones += 1
		@Complexity += 1 
	}
}

// - - - - Clean up - - - - - - - 
@PART:HAS[@OSE_PartRecipe]:FOR[Workshop3]
{
	@OSE_PartRecipe:HAS[#MaterialKits[0]]:NEEDS[!ClassicStock]
	{
		!MaterialKits = 0
	}
	@OSE_PartRecipe:HAS[#RareMetals[0]]:NEEDS[!ClassicStock]
	{
		!RareMetals = 0
	}
	@OSE_PartRecipe:HAS[#ExoticMinerals[0]]:NEEDS[!ClassicStock]
	{
		!ExoticMinerals = 0
	}
	@OSE_PartRecipe:HAS[#Equipment[0]]:NEEDS[ClassicStock]
	{
		!Equipment = 0
	}
	@OSE_PartRecipe:HAS[#PreciousMetals[0]]:NEEDS[ClassicStock]
	{
		!PreciousMetals = 0
	}
	@OSE_PartRecipe:HAS[#Gemstones[0]]:NEEDS[ClassicStock]
	{
		!Gemstones = 0
	}
	@OSE_PartRecipe:HAS[#Complexity[0]]
	{
		@Complexity = 1
	}
}

// Instead of having several of this node which add up to this
// Each part now has just one node with the totals
OSE_PartRecipe
{
    Equipment = 5
    PreciousMetals = 1
    Gemstones = 3
    Complexity = 7
}

I've made this file Classic Stock friendly too but I have yet to hear back from Angel about it.

This is my edit to OSE's files and WBT's config (renamed to .txt for caution and for CRP users to safely try it). DOWNLOAD.

On 9/4/2020 at 8:49 AM, capi3101 said:

Need to report some kind of issue with the aft attachment node on the Pondarosa (the specific one opposite of the 'front door' of the part). For the last couple of KSP/Pathfinder versions, I've been unable to attach Haciendas to that node by any means other than a surface attachment,

If it means anything, the Hacienda (among other inflatables) have a reverse-oriented Back node: KISMount. This has been since IgorZ made a huge, breaking update to KAS and KIS, and reversed node orientation in those mods. Use the KIS key combo (N or R, whatever it is) for cycling the attach node.

ewn55tx.png

I have Pathfinder v1.35.1 and the Ponderosa's nodes look fine.

8Kla6ch.gif

Okay - I figured out what was going on in my efforts to better explain exactly what I was seeing.

First, those screenies:

PNYlKUj.png
Left one's fine.

w0MXqOu.png
Right one's fine.

hrUt8RC.png
But this one is giving me the mushroom treatment...

The problem, as it turns out, was me leaving the Mineshaft connected when I attempted to attach the Hacienda. With the corridor detached, I was able to attach up the Hacienda. So that's a workaround at least. Still don't know why an attached Mineshaft would've messed with that one specific attachment node.

EDIT: Maybe I should attach the Mineshaft to the top of the Pondarosa - where there's an actual attachment node - and see what that does.

Edited by capi3101

Oh yeah, that's a big "never mind" from me; next time I'll stick to putting stuff on the nodes like a big boy...

So: next question. I haven't figured out how to make Materials Kits using Classic Stock yet. I should mention I decided to stick with Classic Stock when I started my 1.10 career save; I figured why not. There's been a little bit of a learning curve but so far it's been nothing insurmountable. I've got two ground bases going so far. I ask about the Kits because I'm still seeing them in the formulas for the Blacksmith/Clockworks Workshops. I figure that I'll need to be able to produce them at some point in the future if I want to build bases at remote sites.

I also need to give a head's up - Castillo retraining of colonists may or may not be broken yet again; this is with Pathfinder 1.35.1 and KSP 1.10.1. I had to ferry a colonist group from a target site to a base because the initial target site was an orbiting Mk1 Inline Cockpit and nothing else. After finagling things to get them to the base for retraining, the retraining command did not function. That said, I've got a second colonist group at a different base and said base was their initial target site. I'll check with them when their contract period is up. If I can't retrain them, I'll report back again. If I can, I'll just handle things with this first group manually and move on happily with my life.

On 8/19/2020 at 9:43 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

Most likely, it's within Wild Blue Tools

https://github.com/Angel-125/Pathfinder/tree/master/Pathfinder/Habitat

Sadly, it`s in Pathfinder dll. Works fine mmpatched in any crew cabin of course. WBT and Pathfinder are enabling some complicated things(e.g. switchable storage, research kits for labs) and it was not that easy to kill all patches just to tutor my kerbals.

Edited by Hohmannson

Castillo retraining appears to once again be broken, unfortunately - using Pathfinder 1.35.1.0 with KSP 1.10.1.2939. Log file for my latest session. Tried to train four freshly finished colonists to a base on Kerbin and it came up with a big no joy. Maybe it's because I didn't have any one in the Castillo proper at the time?

1 hour ago, capi3101 said:

Castillo retraining appears to once again be broken, unfortunately - using Pathfinder 1.35.1.0 with KSP 1.10.1.2939. Log file for my latest session. Tried to train four freshly finished colonists to a base on Kerbin and it came up with a big no joy. Maybe it's because I didn't have any one in the Castillo proper at the time?

It's been finicky. Have you tried putting the tourist in the Castillo?