[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

Angelo Kerman

34 minutes ago, capi3101 said:

Still wasn't able to train up a Tourist in the diagnostic save (Log file). Didn't see anything about that in the release notes, though, so I'm assuming there are still issues there. There is this line in my log file:

[WRN 14:51:15.752] KerbalStats.KerbalExt class not found.

Could that have something to do with it?

Possibly. I tested the trainer with stock classes and it worked without issue.

10 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Possibly. I tested the trainer with stock classes and it worked without issue.

Hmm...I still haven't gotten it to work, and to my knowledge I'm only using the stock classes (this is in my diagnostic build - just Pathfinder, KIS, KAS, EL, Workshop and their dependencies). Here's the persistence entry on the guy I'm trying to train; trying to make him an Engineer.

KERBAL
		{
			name = Griswald Kerman
			gender = Male
			type = Tourist
			trait = Tourist
			brave = 0.963249564
			dumb = 0.0404358022
			badS = False
			veteran = False
			tour = False
			state = Assigned
			inactive = False
			inactiveTimeEnd = 0
			gExperienced = 0
			outDueToG = False
			ToD = 0
			idx = 0
			extraXP = 0
			hasHelmetOn = False
			hasNeckRingOn = False
			completedFirstEVA = False
			hero = False
			CAREER_LOG
			{
				flight = 1
				1 = Training5,Kerbin
			}
			FLIGHT_LOG
			{
				flight = 1
			}
		}

Anything peculiar that any of y'all see? I might still have a mod conflict going on and not know it.

1 hour ago, capi3101 said:

Hmm...I still haven't gotten it to work, and to my knowledge I'm only using the stock classes (this is in my diagnostic build - just Pathfinder, KIS, KAS, EL, Workshop and their dependencies). Here's the persistence entry on the guy I'm trying to train; trying to make him an Engineer.

KERBAL
		{
			name = Griswald Kerman
			gender = Male
			type = Tourist
			trait = Tourist
			brave = 0.963249564
			dumb = 0.0404358022
			badS = False
			veteran = False
			tour = False
			state = Assigned
			inactive = False
			inactiveTimeEnd = 0
			gExperienced = 0
			outDueToG = False
			ToD = 0
			idx = 0
			extraXP = 0
			hasHelmetOn = False
			hasNeckRingOn = False
			completedFirstEVA = False
			hero = False
			CAREER_LOG
			{
				flight = 1
				1 = Training5,Kerbin
			}
			FLIGHT_LOG
			{
				flight = 1
			}
		}

Anything peculiar that any of y'all see? I might still have a mod conflict going on and not know it.

I suppose it could be a mod conflict, but I don't know. I did verify that the tourists were trained into desired classes though, so I don't know what could be happening on your side. Is anybody else having this issue? If so, what mods do you have installed that alter character classes?

Alright - at this point I've got my diagnostic build down to Pathfinder 1.32.3, Buffalo 2.6.13, KIS 1.18 and KAS 1.1.6876. Griswald is still stubbornly clinging to his camera...

Maybe I'm still doing something wrong. Does the vessel productivity need to be positive in order to Retrain? Does there need to be staff in there with the tourist? I've got Val and Griswald in there and that's it.

6 hours ago, capi3101 said:

Alright - at this point I've got my diagnostic build down to Pathfinder 1.32.3, Buffalo 2.6.13, KIS 1.18 and KAS 1.1.6876. Griswald is still stubbornly clinging to his camera...

Maybe I'm still doing something wrong. Does the vessel productivity need to be positive in order to Retrain? Does there need to be staff in there with the tourist? I've got Val and Griswald in there and that's it.

No other requirements that I can think of. I honestly don't know why you're still having troubles. Time permitting I can verify things once more this weekend.

Another question - what does the underlying formula for the Drilling Rigs look like? I've put up five of the things at Enchova Central now; was noticing just a little while ago that the resource output for Ore (0.48/sec) wasn't as high as what I was getting from my Haciendas (0.68/sec). Overall productivity of the base is ~6.1 but I've only got three kerbals there; does that have something to do with it?

Also, the Rigs aren't staying on when you flip over to another craft and come back. That's mainly an observation; curious if anybody else has seen the same thing. Is that intended behavior?

3 hours ago, capi3101 said:

Another question - what does the underlying formula for the Drilling Rigs look like? I've put up five of the things at Enchova Central now; was noticing just a little while ago that the resource output for Ore (0.48/sec) wasn't as high as what I was getting from my Haciendas (0.68/sec). Overall productivity of the base is ~6.1 but I've only got three kerbals there; does that have something to do with it?

Also, the Rigs aren't staying on when you flip over to another craft and come back. That's mainly an observation; curious if anybody else has seen the same thing. Is that intended behavior?

They use standard stock drill mechanics. If you have engineers in the Hacienda then the Hacienda drills will run more efficiently.

38 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

They use standard stock drill mechanics. If you have engineers in the Hacienda then the Hacienda drills will run more efficiently.

I only have one engineer in the entire base; he's in a Castillo Refinery - there's nobody in the Haciendas or the Rigs, and the Haciendas are still outperforming them, which is why I'm asking; I was under the impression that's supposed to be the other way around. 

On 2/19/2019 at 1:04 PM, capi3101 said:

Re-verified that existing build is properly training tourists. As noted, KIS probably won't reflect the retraining.

Edited by Angel-125

Pathfinder 1.32.4 is now available

- Removed specialty bonus from the Drilling Rig; it has no crew capacity
- Added WBIEfficiencyMonitor to the Drilling Rig; it will now benefit from productivity gains from efficiency improvement experiments. Don't expect miracles, these gains are small..
- Fix for OmniStorage in the editor.

Edited by Angel-125

Got 1.32.4 up and running now; clean install. No change to report in outputs of the Drilling Rigs.

kOLhwGZ.png

Now, this save is using CRP mode, so that might have something to do with what I'm seeing. If that's all that it is, I'll live with it.

Incidentally, the base there - Enchova Central - is the same one that I was having some weirdness with the Pipeline. I have tweaked the kinetic energy parameter of the Pipeline to let it shoot 15 tonnes of payload up to a 100km LKO, and in fact I did that very thing just today in the same save game. My target over Duna is at 93x92 kilometers and 0.17 degrees inclination - lower orbit, lower gravity, thinner atmo - so it should be capable of that same shot (15 tonnes) easily. Game's telling me I don't have sufficient delta-V for more than 3.5 tonnes. I don't know what to check to see what's going on there. EC has most of the newer Castillo structures installed (Observatory, Factory, Tracking Station, ARC reactor, Rigsx5, Depot) where as South Base on Kerbin just has the Castillo. Do any of those other structures have an effect on the Pipeline?

11 minutes ago, shdwlrd said:

@capi3101Did you tweak the pipeline before or after placing it on Duna?

The configuration changes happened prior to installing the Pipeline on Duna.

Y'all can ignore me. I just realized that I didn't carry my tweaks over from the previous Pathfinder version. #facepalm_hard_enough_to_break_the_Internet
Put them into 1.32.4 just now; I'll see if I'm still having problems next time I fire up the game.

12 minutes ago, capi3101 said:

Y'all can ignore me. I just realized that I didn't carry my tweaks over from the previous Pathfinder version. #facepalm_hard_enough_to_break_the_Internet

LOL. Done that on several occasions. :D If you are still having problems, check the craft in the save file. Sometimes KSP doesn't apply changes to the modules to craft already existing in the game world.

On 2/25/2019 at 5:19 PM, shdwlrd said:

LOL. Done that on several occasions. :D If you are still having problems, check the craft in the save file. Sometimes KSP doesn't apply changes to the modules to craft already existing in the game world.

Thanks for the advice - the Pipeline at Duna was indeed using the non-tweaked maxKineticEnergy value. That's been updated and it's working like I want it to now.

This makes me wonder if the same sort of thing is going on with my Castillos on Mun and Minmus, which is why I've had trouble re-training kerbals; they were installed before the different templates were consolidated into one. Which module handles re-training, and what should the values be?

Thanks for the advice

No problem.

This makes me wonder if the same sort of thing is going on with my Castillos on Mun and Minmus, which is why I've had trouble re-training kerbals; they were installed before the different templates were consolidated into one. Which module handles re-training, and what should the values be?

Seems like it could be the case. I don't know which module does the training, or what the changes are. I would suggest comparing the .cfg for the versions before and after the change to see what the differences are.

43 minutes ago, shdwlrd said:

No problem.

Seems like it could be the case. I don't know which module does the training, or what the changes are. I would suggest comparing the .cfg for the versions before and after the change to see what the differences are.

WBIClassConverter, found in the Castillo config file, handles training tourists into Scientists, Engineers, or Pilots.

Yeah, the WBIClassConverter module is at each of my Castillos - only attributes I'm seeing are isEnabled=True and stagingEnabled=True. Doesn't necessarily rule out the age of the Mun and Minmus Castillos; the Duna one is brand new - definitely built since the change - so I'll see what happens with the first batch of colonists that go there.

Edited by capi3101

On 2/12/2019 at 7:48 PM, Angel-125 said:

@SpaceKadet I got to see your latest Eve Space Project and looked like fun! Your use of a miniature AI Workshop gave me an idea for a Buckboard sized part that can increase vessel productivity. I still am wanting to make a 3D printer once real life calms down more as well. Then self-replicating vonKerman machines will be a reality. :) (Which would make for an interesting story...)

teeheehee wait till you see what i boot straped up to, if i can ever get the bloomin thing to save properly. By the way, how do you unlock a biome remotly? i have the second autobase, but it uses drilling rigs and has not kerbals near it, so im at a loss of how to unlock the biome remotly.

i feel pretty stupid now, but i got it! now if i can only make this game save that would be great!

Edited by Space Kadet

3 hours ago, Space Kadet said:

i feel pretty stupid now, but i got it! now if i can only make this game save that would be great!

You can't save? Do you have an active tourist contract? I had that problem with WBI-tourist-contracts. They got me a ton of money, but were driving me crazy. If I remember correctly, it was triggered when I docked the vessel containing the tourists to a station. Maybe a conflict with USI-LS.

Y'all having problems with the game saving too? That's very interesting.

In my case, I can't save the game anytime I switch craft to another craft outside of physics range using any method other than the hard way (i.e. going to the space center, then selecting the craft you want through the tracking station); KAC and KER have both been rendered useless for that purpose as a result, but even the stock map mode "Switch to Craft" will break things. I've gotten into the habit of quicksaving before I try to switch ships - quickloading still works for getting the game un-stuck. You can tell if the game's going to bork by looking at the little triangle marker up on the altimeter (the one you go up to pull up the Recover Craft/Space Center thing) - if it's black when it should orange/blue/green,  you might as well quickload. 

I don't use USI-LS. I do have a pair of colonization contracts in progress; four tourist contracts as well although those aren't tourist trap contracts.