[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

Angelo Kerman

8 hours ago, DStaal said:

Does the part you're right-clicking have crew?  (You transfer crew from a crewed part to someplace, not to an uncrewed part.)

Yes.

Here is output log. https://www.dropbox.com/s/5afr91fgwfvspqt/output_log.txt?dl=0

edit: Problem seems to be with the Doc Science Lab. It has no EVA hatch, and no colliders even; you can walk right through it when it is inflated. 

Edited by subyng

13 hours ago, subyng said:

Yes.

Here is output log. https://www.dropbox.com/s/5afr91fgwfvspqt/output_log.txt?dl=0

edit: Problem seems to be with the Doc Science Lab. It has no EVA hatch, and no colliders even; you can walk right through it when it is inflated. 

Ah ok, that would do it. What version of Pathfinder are you using? I released Pathfinder 1.1 recently, I think I fixed that issue. Previous versions had colliders on the main body but not the crew tube.

Hm, looks like the reverse is true, heh. Ok, I'll have the main body collider fixed in the next update..

Edited by Angel-125

3 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Ah ok, that would do it. What version of Pathfinder are you using? I released Pathfinder 1.1 recently, I think I fixed that issue. Previous versions had colliders on the main body but not the crew tube.

I am using the latest version, 1.1. And it's the main body that has no collisions, the crew tube does. 

Just now, subyng said:

I am using the latest version, 1.1. And it's the main body that has no collisions, the crew tube does. 

Yeah I just noticed that. I'm converting my projects over to Unity 5, looks like that got mixed up in the process. I should have that fixed in the next update.

Pathfinder 1.2.0 Pre-release is now available.

Download the latest here.

1.2-PRE
Updated to KSP 1.2. Expect additional patches as KSP is fixed and mods are updated.

Redecorating & Converters
- For the modules that used to require Engineers, now any class that has the ConverterSkill qualifies to reconfigure modules. For modules that used to require Scientists, now any class with the ScienceSkill qualifies to reconfigure the modules. Ditto for converters.

Claimjumper
- The Claimjumper now includes an industrial version of the Geology Lab's Prospector. Simply drill for Ore, and the industrial prospector will sort out all the available resources in the biome. It has a lower Slag output due to its higher quality processing equipment. Don't worry, that Slag will be useful soon... :wink:

Doc Science Lab
- Fixed collider issues with the Doc Science Lab.

Telegraph
- The Telegraph can now function as a relay transmitter.

Ponderosa template
- The Ponderosa can now level up kerbals.
- The Ponderosa also serves as a probe control point. You need a minimum of two pilots.

Deprecated Parts
- Deprecated the Stockyards and Homestead. They will be removed when KSP 1.2 is finalized. You have two options if you want these parts. First, the Mark One Laboratory Extensions' Drydocks replace the Stockyards, and MOLE's Bigby Orbital Workshop replaces the Homestead. Second, you could download the Multipurpose Colony Modules for Pathfinder mod extension. In addition to the Stockyards and Homestead, you get an old favorite, the Pioneer Multipurpose Colony Module and Settler Multipurpose Base Unit.

Pathfinder is focused upon ground base construction, but some people want orbital elements as well. Since I know some folks don't use MOLE, I've revived an old favorite, Multipurpose Colony Modules! I've removed all the irrelevant MKS bits and retooled the parts for Pathfinder.

You can download the add-on here.

And here's a promo image:

dcj292C.png

Have fun! :)

Edited by Angel-125

43 minutes ago, Yoshidude said:

Didn't know 1.3 was out yet... Jokes aside, glad to see this mod finally updated to 1.2!

Derp! I fixed that, heh. :) Fun fact about MCM: I built the original models for it along with the initial Wild Blue Tools about two years ago. Back then, we didn't have the nice catalog in KSP that we do today. Rather than clutter the catalog with part after similar part, I built the dynamic template system employed by today's Pathfinder, MOLE, Buffalo, and DSEV. It's also nice to see that the artwork isn't too far off the mark compared to today's standards. It wouldn't take much for me to retexture the MCM and MBM to be more porkalike. :)

45 minutes ago, DStaal said:

Does the MCM addon work with the current 1.1.3 release?  (I’m not upgrading until after a majority of the mods I use are out for 1.2 - which will be well after 1.2, probably.)

The current version should work, though the decals might not since I made some changes. Also, next  update will move the access ports a bit lower; I realized that you could rest the MBU on the ground with its legs retracted and the acces ports would line up with the other Pathfinder parts like the Switchback 2 and Conestoga. :)

Here's the update.

- Made art assets self-contained.
- Lowered the MBU's crew ports; if you rest the MBU on the ground with its legs retracted, it can serve as a base hub.
- Minor bug fixes.

a question with the 1.2 mod, i KAs and KIS havent been updated *as far as i can find( and when i install the older ones into 1.2 the drill and grabbable parts disseapear so i cant attach anything... what am i missing? also kerbal inventory just dosent work at all as far as i can see

Edited by Space Kadet

While we're on the issue subject.... 

The sombrero and telegraph keep exploding on me when i try to screw them to the ground. Even on the superflat lowlands of minmus. WBI issue? KAS issue? Or am i just doing it wrong? 

Edited by Denko666

56 minutes ago, Denko666 said:

The sombrero and telegraph keep exploding on me when i try to screw them to the ground.

You using H so they change from green to the blue/green color when you affix them ?

Also angel-125 have you been informed that the doc science wont fit in KIS boxs ?

7 hours ago, Space Kadet said:

a question with the 1.2 mod, i KAs and KIS havent been updated *as far as i can find( and when i install the older ones into 1.2 the drill and grabbable parts disseapear so i cant attach anything... what am i missing? also kerbal inventory just dosent work at all as far as i can see

Not much you can do until KIS/KAS are updated. You could make base clusters from the Conestoga and attach the drills to them, then fly the base cluster to the desired location.

6 hours ago, Space Kadet said:

Just found a small issue, the spyglass survey module kills performance, if put it on 2 rovers of less than 4 parts, but when thats on them it kills performance, without it I've ran 100 part buffalo's fine. it just seems to have an issue.

That has to do with the reflective windows, I'm working on a fiix

3 hours ago, rattman said:

Also angel-125 have you been informed that the doc science wont fit in KIS boxs ?

Known issue with KIS and stock science lab code modules. The stock science lab part module generates a NRE. Drag your lab to the vab/sph but don't attach it to anything, then drag it into the storage container. @IgorZ is aware of the issue.

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

Known issue with KIS and stock science lab code modules. The stock science lab part module generates a NRE. Drag your lab to the vab/sph but don't attach it to anything, then drag it into the storage container. @IgorZ is aware of the issue.

You can attach it to something actually - useful if you want to then reconfigure it before dragging it to the storage container.  (Note that you'll drag a copy, not the one placed in the VAB/SPH.)

3 hours ago, westamastaflash said:

Is pathfinder automatically changing vessel type to "Base"? I have the inflatable module attached to a station and it keeps changing to "Base". This seems to screw with the Contract Configurator Station contracts...

Yes, the inflatable parts are marked as type "Base."