[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

Angelo Kerman

4 hours ago, Denko666 said:

The Sombrero and Telegraph seem to be missing in OSE Workshop? Known issue or should they be in there?

Not sure. It's based on categories, and it could be that OSE Workshop needs to know about KSP's new categories. That's my guess if you're using KSP 1.2.

Angel: i'm running KSP 1.1.3

DStaal: i have at least 7.4k available volume in one part single part i i'm not mistaken. I'll check next time i go in. The 3 buckboards, Hacienda, Casa, Ponderosa, Old Faithful,... do show up. Just not the 2 latest parts.

Edited by Denko666

7 minutes ago, Denko666 said:

Angel: i'm running KSP 1.1.3

DStaal: i have at least 7.4k available volume in one part single part i i'm not mistaken. I'll check next time i go in. The 3 buckboards, Hacienda, Casa, Ponderosa, Old Faithful,... do show up. Just not the 2 latest parts.

I think I'd need to see some logs to know what's going on. I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary that would stop OSE Workshop from seeing the parts. I did just update Pathfinder KSP 1.2 pre-release to include the new part categories though, so that when OSE Workshop is ready for KSP 1.2, Pathfinder should be able to support it (barring major changes in OSE Workshop).

You can get Pathfinder 1.2.2-PRE here.

- Fixes performance issues with Spyglass
- Adds new KSP part categories to OSE Workshop support.

And here is MCM 2.1.0.

- Adds the Stagecoach Multipurpose Nod. It holds less than Pathfinder's Mule, but it provides 4 radial attachment points for docking ports. I actually had this part done about a year and a half ago, but never released it.

6 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

I think I'd need to see some logs to know what's going on. I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary that would stop OSE Workshop from seeing the parts. I did just update Pathfinder KSP 1.2 pre-release to include the new part categories though, so that when OSE Workshop is ready for KSP 1.2, Pathfinder should be able to support it (barring major changes in OSE Workshop).

You can get Pathfinder 1.2.2-PRE here.

- Fixes performance issues with Spyglass
- Adds new KSP part categories to OSE Workshop support.

And here is MCM 2.1.0.

- Adds the Stagecoach Multipurpose Nod. It holds less than Pathfinder's Mule, but it provides 4 radial attachment points for docking ports. I actually had this part done about a year and a half ago, but never released it.

Logfile: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2csgglh6lpqf154/KSP.log?dl=0

Should Pathfinder 1.2.2-PRE and MCM 2.1.0 work on KSP 1.1.3?

19 minutes ago, Denko666 said:

Thanks, I'll take a look at those this evening. MCM 2.1.0 will work with KSP 1.1.3, but Pathfinder 1.2.2-PRE won't due to the changes I had to make in the plugin. I suppose you could use the KSP 1.1.3 plugins from Pathfinder 1.1.0, but you'll have to edit the Buffalo wheels, Telegraph, Poncho, and Sombrero to use the Utility category, and check to see if there are other parts that are using KSP 1.2's new categories (Buffalo's power pack does).

23 hours ago, Denko666 said:

Finished testing Pathfinder 1.1.0 with KSP 1.1.3. The Sombrero and Telegraph appear just fine for me in OSE Workshop:

vZucLfE.png

That was done in sandbox mode. Are you in career?

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

Finished testing Pathfinder 1.1.0 with KSP 1.1.3. The Sombrero and Telegraph appear just fine for me in OSE Workshop:

vZucLfE.png

no i was playing in sandbox too. very odd. ill throw out the entire wbi folder and download everything again. and same for ose workshop. 

On 9/28/2016 at 8:02 PM, Angel-125 said:

vZucLfE.png

Reinstalled the mods, and now its all there. I'm not sure, but i suspect i may have used the pre-1.2 mods on the KSP1.1.3 install... I can't remember, but i can't rule it out either. so /slap me...

4 hours ago, Denko666 said:

Reinstalled the mods, and now its all there. I'm not sure, but i suspect i may have used the pre-1.2 mods on the KSP1.1.3 install... I can't remember, but i can't rule it out either. so /slap me...

It will all be moot soon enough, KSP 1.2 is right around the corner... :)

Is this still dependent on KIS or any other mod? If so, is there an unofficial 1.2 pre version of KIS anywhere, or do I need to wait? No worries either way.

Loving MOLE, btw. I just installed it in my 1.2 pre career.

Edited by Norcalplanner
Clarification

30 minutes ago, Norcalplanner said:

Is this still dependent on KIS or any other mod? If so, is there an unofficial 1.2 pre version of KIS anywhere, or do I need to wait? No worries either way.

Loving MOLE, btw. I just installed it in my 1.2 pre career.

Pathfinder is built around KIS/KAS, and I think someone made a pre-release compatible with KSP 1.2. That said, you could create bases by using the Conestoga and attaching the inflatable modules to it.

glad you like MOLE as well, I had a lot of fun putting it together, and there's more to do.

Edited by Angel-125

Hi Angel-125

Thanks for your awesome mod been using it for a while now.

Just tried the 1.2 pre version and I have an issue.

I have tried completley deleting community resource tools and wildblue folders and reinstalled.

I am going to try a clean KSP install however I thought you might want to see this...

0% resources on scanner after performing orbital survey 

Error in console is as follows...

MapView.get_mapisEnabled
Exception: missingmethodexception: method not found

Mods I am using...

-USI Konstruction
-KerbalReusabilityExpansion
-Hyperedit
-KIS/KAS
-Tweakscale
-Pathfinder

(All latest 1.2 pre versions)

I am guessing one of these is not playing nice.

Also I have just noticed the science lab cannot be stored in KIS containers all the other PF parts can be stored just not the science lab.

Edited by bazz

5 hours ago, CaptKordite said:

My Mun base exploding for no good reason.

I reloaded several times and each time it said the module had crashed. Had another instance where a similar base setup on Kerbin would hurl itself into the air when physics was engaged.

Um, your name is CaptKordite... :wink:

Can you post your logs somewhere for me to look at, preferably a drop box? What version of KSP and Pathfinder are you using?

KSP 1.1.3 and Pathfinder 1.1.0.0. I'll see about getting a log. I've had some clipping things going on with Surface Experiment Pack modules exploding when I place them. Had a KIS/KAS boombox explode when I placed it. Some of your light towers will explode on me. And, of course, in this case I placed a hub module just fine but it exploded when it reloaded. Also had some similar problems with grappling units and asteroids where the ship was inside the asteroid and another grappler was several meters away from the asteroid but still attached. So, for all this, it doesn't seem a problem with Pathfinder per-se. Anything that I attach to the ground seems to run a much higher risk of spontaneous explosion.

And the name of Captain Kordite is a long, Klingon story.

Hey Angel,

I've been trying Pathfinder on KSP 1.2pre. And i came across something odd:

The Ponderosa has no inflate button. And the Chuckboard inflates the second my Kerbal puts it on his back. The Hacienda remains deflated on a Kerbal's back. 

I'm using the latest KSP 1.2pre build and i pull Pathfinder, Buffalo, WBITools, MCM and MOLE from your github. Git said my clones are up to date.

i put the KSP Log here Although i don't see any Pathfinder related errors or exceptions. There is however plenty of mesages about something with creating a Unity5 window,... but that seems to be a ModuleManager related issue (Sarbian knows about it).

I got to the Mun with a Pathfinder kit, and i got as far as unpacking the Buffalo rover(with Grizly wheels! yay), placing Saddles and putting Ponderosas on them. So all that seems to be working so far.