[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

Angelo Kerman

50 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

huh, no no, I wasn't saying you should support it. Um, a version for 1.2.2 is out for bug testing, I'm not the creator btw

Since kerbalism uses the tac life support resources, it would be easy to support it with minimal config changes as TAC is already supported.

Unfortunately kerbalism decided to change the ratios for no real reason, so it would need a complete recheck for everything. Looks like kerbalism is designed to be incompatible with mods already supporting TAC life support on pupose.

Edited by Yemo

I have a problem with switching Hacienda to Ironworks Foundry.

I click 'reconfigure', Equipment gets depleted, and Hacienda remains what it was before reconfiguration. Pathfinder in the 'default' mode.

This is a minimal test craft, which I tried to use for 'not-so-simple Construction' mod and to verify whether my .cfg edit (assigning high priority to OSE Workshop, for the EL construction) works with Hacienda in Clockworks mode. My idea was to use spare Equipment to make RocketParts using Ironworks hacienda, then construct test craft with the other one, but while Clockworks works without a hitch, I can't get Ironworks to work.

X828dB8.png

I realize this isn't much of a bug report, but I don't know what data I could obtain to help you tracking it down, so... some guidance maybe?

Edit: I replaced "not-so-simple Construction" with fully-featured EPL, and everything went back to the norm. It seems like Pathfinder doesn't like the trimmed down Launchpads shipped with Simple Construction - so - it's a mod conflict.

Edited by Sharpy

If this has been asked and answered, I apologize, but I'm having a problem.

When I try to recongifure the Chuckwagon module into its greenhouse form, the game says I need 1500 material kits, no matter how many I have on hand, even in Pristine Mode, where it shouldn't need any.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Edited by AdmiralSirJohn
Corrected information on when problem occurs.

On 12/12/2016 at 1:14 PM, AdmiralSirJohn said:

If this has been asked and answered, I apologize, but I'm having a problem.

When I try to recongifure the Chuckwagon module into its greenhouse form, the game says I need 1500 material kits, no matter how many I have on hand, even in Pristine Mode, where it shouldn't need any.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Have you tried going to Game Settings: Difficulty, and in the Wild Blue tab, disabling the need for resources to reconfigure modules?

7 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Have you tried going to Game Settings: Difficulty, and in the Wild Blue tab, disabling the need for resources to reconfigure modules?

Actually, I had a similar problem, but I'm unable to reproduce that. Pathfinder was set to Simple, but stuck in some stand-up guy child of Default and Simple modes, requiring Equipment (and other resources as per default mode) to reconfigure/inflate/deploy anything, but not providing the Pathfinder-specific options for configuration (as per Simple mode) which was kinda nasty because there was no way to produce necessary Equipment. Switching to Default mode fixed that permanently it seems. Since the workaround is rather simple and the bug not easy to reproduce, that's definitely low priority but if you're bored you might look into that :)

Love this mod, but hope someone can help me with the following problem.

I've built a simple starter base for testing purposes, comprised of a Switchback 2 base hub, two Chuckwagon IMW's and two Casa IHM's.

I managed to place it in the surface of Duna using a skycrane, and inflated the four units successfully.  However, when I return to spaceport and then focus back on the base, it lifts off the surface, slowly descends, and then explodes on contact.

I downloaded the latest version of Pathfinder from SpaceDock, and am running KSP v1.2.2.  Not having any issues with any of my other mods.  Tried deleting Pathfinder and downloading again and problem persists.

Has anybody else run into this issue?

Would appreciate any help.

MM

5 hours ago, AdmiralSirJohn said:

Not the explosion, but my bases will occasionally do that.  Also, any light post, solar array or antenna that I anchor into the ground will appear above the anchor point anywhere from 500 meters to a kilometer and just stay there...

The problem seems to be related to the "physics" of the game, IMHO.

When I tested the base on Kerbin, it bounces off the surface about a meter.  On Duna, the bounce is about a 100 meters.  On the Mun, the bounce is about 5,000 meters.  On Duna and the Mun, an explosion results on contact.

I love the idea of these plug and play small bases that can be dropped with a skycrane where ever needed.

MM

I had something similar in that I would bolt the modules to the ground and when I reloaded the station would explode. Yours jump into the air when the collissions get calculated but because mine are bolted down, they explode. Perhaps. I hadn't sat down to test it because a KSP update broke my career and I had started over. Just this week I had gotten to putting bases on the Mun and had the problem recur. Again, hadn't yet done the testing.

55 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

@Angel-125: Within the GitHub download, there is an Extras folder inside the zip (both GameData and Extra are there, at the same level of file hierarchy). Where does this folder actually need to go?

The MCM folder should go to GameData/WildBlueIndustries/. No idea for the ModuleTexturesNoNames but I assume it is the same ?

33 minutes ago, Li0n said:

The MCM folder should go to GameData/WildBlueIndustries/. No idea for the ModuleTexturesNoNames but I assume it is the same ?

The textures in that folder are for those who don't want the names of the modules appearing on their parts.

Pathfinder 1.3.5 is now available.

- WBT update
- The Doc Science Lab now has a data transfer utility.

54 minutes ago, AdmiralSirJohn said:

Any idea how to fix the "flying towers"?

Not sure what you mean.

8 minutes ago, MerseesreM said:

Can i use this mod for colonisation?

You can use it to build bases on other planets, utilize resources on the planets, and with mods like OSE Workshop and Extraplanetary Launchpads, build additional parts and craft. So I'd say yes you can. :)

1 hour ago, AdmiralSirJohn said:

screenshot6.png

I anchored these into the ground, and next time I flew a craft to the Mun, they were hovering way up like this...

Read my comments from above.

These issues are part specific.  There are certain parts that exhibit this behavior and others that do not.

I have not yet tested this latest update.