[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

Angelo Kerman

After doing some research, I may add both ground types into Pathfinder. The revised version above will retain its current stats but its launch azimuth will be restricted. That means you have to place the part so that it’s aimed in the general direction of the targets.

The turreted version is comparable to the Electromagnetic Aircraft Launch System (EMALS) in power so it is shorter ranged but it can be oriented to a variety of different targets.

Edited by Angel-125

9 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

After doing some research, I may add both ground types into Pathfinder. The revised version above will retain its current stats but its launch azimuth will be restricted. That means you have to place the part so that it’s aimed in the general direction of the targets.

The turreted version is comparable to the Electromagnetic Aircraft Launch System (EMALS) in power so it is shorter ranged but it can be oriented to a variety of different targets.

In my opinion, having both is just adding unnecessary complexity to the mod, unless you are trying to go for extreme realism then I wouldn't the aforementioned restriction. I like the new model you created more than the previous model.

On another note, the Casa in habitat setup in CRP mode in KSP 1.3.1 and Pathfinder 1.2.1, I can't attach anything to it with KAS. The game acts like it isn't even there for KAS. Is this a bug that is fixed in later versions or a feature? If it is a bug is there a quick bugfix for it and/or if it is a feature then how can I change it?

12 hours ago, Titan 3001 said:

In my opinion, having both is just adding unnecessary complexity to the mod, unless you are trying to go for extreme realism then I wouldn't the aforementioned restriction. I like the new model you created more than the previous model.

On another note, the Casa in habitat setup in CRP mode in KSP 1.3.1 and Pathfinder 1.2.1, I can't attach anything to it with KAS. The game acts like it isn't even there for KAS. Is this a bug that is fixed in later versions or a feature? If it is a bug is there a quick bugfix for it and/or if it is a feature then how can I change it?

Not sure what the deal is, maybe a config setting? I've attached things just fine in my 1.3.1 game.

Meanwhile, I've redefined the base a bit:

W7AEvlA.jpg

I'm linking this direction much more and will apply it to the ground station and Castillo too...

2 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Not sure what the deal is, maybe a config setting? I've attached things just fine in my 1.3.1 game.

Meanwhile, I've redefined the base a bit:

W7AEvlA.jpg

I'm linking this direction much more and will apply it to the ground station and Castillo too...

"Extreme G-forces, May cause death"

That's not gonna stop Jeb from trying to launch himself with it!

On 2/24/2018 at 2:05 AM, Krakatoa said:

Hey, @Angel-125, I'm having a bit of trouble in my game, and I'm fairly certain it's a simple thing. I'm getting this error when focused on a craft bringing a load of tourists home after a WBI stay in a base. This particular contract wanted me to bring them home, but it counted that check mark for returning them when I loaded onto the launchpad, and it stayed checked after I sent the mission rather than reverting to unchecked till the rest of the contract was satisfied. The time finally ran out, but when I focus on the craft with them in it, I suddenly can't save or go to any other screen. Tried staying focused on that craft and brought it all the way home, but couldn't recover it, either. Every time I hit either, I got this NRE in the output log and a giant mess in the KSP.txt file with references to protoCrewMembers. Also see that the game tried to remove the tourists, but it can't quite succeed. Basically, I think it tried to fire the delete tourist thing while they were still out on the mission rather than on recovery of the vessel.

[EXC 16:10:44.103] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	KerbalRoster.ValidateAssignments (.Game st)
	Game.Updated ()
	GamePersistence.SaveGame (System.String saveFileName, System.String saveFolder, SaveMode saveMode)
	KSP.UI.Screens.AltimeterSliderButtons.returnToSpaceCenter ()
	UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke (System.Object[] args)
	UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCallList.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters)
	UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters)
	UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke ()
	UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press ()
	UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

I can upload the full things if you like. They're huge, as I think I'm having a few things going sideways with this install. Thank you muchly for any insight you may have.

@Angel-125 Were you able to find something on this? I only have the Buffalo Mod installed, but that one also brings Wild Blue tourist contracts with it... I had to bring 6 tourists to my Minmus base and have them there for about a month. I time accelerated (and overshot by quite some days), then my contract popped up as satisfied, even though I still hadn't brought them back. Now after some (random?) time, I'm unable to save the game, same problem @Krakatoa had...

1 hour ago, infinite_monkey said:

@Angel-125 Were you able to find something on this? I only have the Buffalo Mod installed, but that one also brings Wild Blue tourist contracts with it... I had to bring 6 tourists to my Minmus base and have them there for about a month. I time accelerated (and overshot by quite some days), then my contract popped up as satisfied, even though I still hadn't brought them back. Now after some (random?) time, I'm unable to save the game, same problem @Krakatoa had...

Can’t reproduce that. Not needing to return tourists is by design and intended as a way to get more astronauts into your program. You can convert tourists into other classes.

4 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Can’t reproduce that. Not needing to return tourists is by design and intended as a way to get more astronauts into your program. You can convert tourists into other classes.

Hmm, so my memory tricked me... I was sure it was a WBI contract, but it had another company name. Could still come from your mod, though. Is there a way to identify this? It gave me 16 million funds, plus some 4 million or so for every tourist. Never had these amounts of money in a contract before.

8 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Getting there.. remaking the dome..

emsm5tP.jpg

It doesn't look like it belongs. It looks like a giant observation dome from a space station. 

Maybe it's all the angles...

Edited by shdwlrd
Saved too soon

So, how does it attach? Does it still come in a steamer trunk?

On a similar vein - best way of getting a Rangeland hooked up to your base these days? Wound up with a launchpad on a nice flat surface moving itself up to a 45-degree angle the other day, half above the munar surface, half below...

The changes to KAS (and the unwelcome deprecation of KAS pipes) suck. IMHO. At the risk of suggesting more work than it's worth, would it be possible to hard-code the old-style KAS piping behaviors into Pathfinder? Just asking about the possibility here.

18 minutes ago, capi3101 said:

So, how does it attach? Does it still come in a steamer trunk?

On a similar vein - best way of getting a Rangeland hooked up to your base these days? Wound up with a launchpad on a nice flat surface moving itself up to a 45-degree angle the other day, half above the munar surface, half below...

The changes to KAS (and the unwelcome deprecation of KAS pipes) suck. IMHO. At the risk of suggesting more work than it's worth, would it be possible to hard-code the old-style KAS piping behaviors into Pathfinder? Just asking about the possibility here.

Yes, it is a boxed part to start. You deploy it just like the Castillo. To attach to your base just select one of the kis nodes. All the new boxed parts work this way.

I am not a fan of the new KAS pipe system either but it’s not my mod so I adapt to it.  Adding the old KAS connectors isn’t feasible at this time as KAS completely does away with the old system in the near future.

That reminds me, I need to revamp the Rangeland too. I have an idea for letting the pad access EL vessel productivity from a nearby base, letting you use it remotely...

2 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Yes, it is a boxed part to start. You deploy it just like the Castillo. To attach to your base just select one of the kis nodes. All the new boxed parts work this way.

I am not a fan of the new KAS pipe system either but it’s not my mod so I adapt to it.  Adding the old KAS connectors isn’t feasible at this time as KAS completely does away with the old system in the near future.

...k. I don't entirely follow, but I think that's because I obviously need to go read up on all the changes to KAS. Apologies in advance if I ask dumb questions in the near future.

Ok, after giving it a lot of thought, I've decided to shelve the omnidirectional Pipeline. The ground version will retain the ability to restrict its launch azimuth for realism, but there will be a game setting to turn it off for gameplay reasons (and it'll be off by default). Meantime I'll concentrate on the other Sandcastle parts.

4 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

what was the deciding factor? It was looking like the omni was short range and the inground for long range. Just that general notion made sense to me

It was a tough call between game play and complexity. Plus, I found it hard to justify the short launch track of the omnidirectional version versus the power it would need to be usable- the Electromagnetic Aircraft Launch System (EMALS) for instance has a 91m track to chuck a 45000kg aircraft to 67m/sec. The shelved pipeline was 1/3 that length and over 6x the power. Just couldn't justify that. The revised version was created to imply that a good chunk of the track is underground.

Has anyone else have a mound or pad disappear on them? I didn't see any warnings or errors, but it was there for a couple seconds during the scene load; then puff, gone. Dropped my base a couple meters. The only thing I did was wipe out my MM cache since not all my custom patches loaded.