[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

Angelo Kerman

Got a Temperature Survey and a Cryo Survey I've done at Boot Hill on Mun with contracts to land/splash them back on Kerbin. What kind of container do I need to use in order to do that? So far the game's only letting me transfer them between a Watney Doc and a Geology Lab Casa at the base. Any help here would be appreciated.

Starting to figure some things out with this mod; Boot Hill started with just two Casas and two Haciendas (and a Conastoga, Mule, six Sombreros, six hacked Equipment Buckboards, two Mk2 Lander Cans, four Twitch engines, an antenna and a partridge in a pair tree or something like that).

2QSDmyU.png
This isn't even the latest permutation of the base...

Ultimate goal with Boot Hill is to get a Pipeline up. Going to need to print up a tonne of equipment before I get there. I have printed up two Gigantor panels and a stack of Z-4Ks; I'm going to want another half-dozen Gigantors eventually.

Blacksmiths and Clockworks rule; I'll just say that. 

Hellow, First of all thank you for the mod, and the update.

This is the first time using Pathfinder and Buffalo.

There is something bothering me. I use the little version because the overly complicated resource system is annoying (I like it simple, just ore and LFO), but because of that, I cannot make some stuff (like research kits)

Also, I use a lot of mods (over 80 mods now) and there is something weird happening with the buckboard, it can only act as a KIS inventory.

And another with the Buffalo base (1U , 3U, etc). They are put to battery as per default but when I launch a vessel the battery is not there, it does not happen with any other resource AFAIK. Have the same battery problem with the batteries from US II.

Again thank you for the update.

Edit: There is a lamp post, but how do I connect on the other ends? (I can only link two)

Edit 2: Could you and KAS find a middle ground for pipes and pipes attachments?

Edited by Zankastia
Stuff

Something for the next patch. MM_Drills.cfg should read

@PART[RadialDrill,MiniDrill]
{
	!MODULE[ModuleOverheatDisplay]{}
	!MODULE[ModuleCoreHeat]{}

@MODULE[ModuleResourceHarvester]
	{
		@name = WBIGoldStrikeDrill
		@GeneratesHeat = false
		!TemperatureModifier{}
		!ThermalEfficiency{}
	}

@MODULE[ModuleAstroidDrill]
	{
		@Name = WBIGoldStrikeAsteroidDrill
		@GeneratesHeat = false
		!TemperatureModifier{}
	    !ThermalEfficiency{}
	}

MODULE
	{
		name = WBIEfficiencyMonitor
		efficiencyType = extractionModifier
		efficiencyGUIName = Extraction Rate
	}

MODULE:NEEDS[BARIS]
	{
		name = ModuleQualityControl
		quality = 100
		mtbf = 400
	}

}

I saw the patch notes so removed my MM patch that handled the thermal modules... and had slow drills. Just tested the above and it works as intended.
Otherwise 1.5 update looks good to me so far! Looking forward to seeing what you do with the new KIS/KAS.

6 hours ago, Zankastia said:

There is something bothering me. I use the little version because the overly complicated resource system is annoying (I like it simple, just ore and LFO), but because of that, I cannot make some stuff (like research kits)

Also, I use a lot of mods (over 80 mods now) and there is something weird happening with the buckboard, it can only act as a KIS inventory.

And another with the Buffalo base (1U , 3U, etc). They are put to battery as per default but when I launch a vessel the battery is not there, it does not happen with any other resource AFAIK. Have the same battery problem with the batteries from US II.

Edit: There is a lamp post, but how do I connect on the other ends? (I can only link two)

Howdy and welcome to the forums. To address the specific points of your post:

• The issue with the Buckboards is known and has been reported by several folks at this point. Try using the Tundra or Wagon parts from Buffalo as a stopgap, or if you download the Pathfinder starter craft from the wiki, you can save the Equipment and research kits Buckboards as subassemblies and use them that way. Are you running 1.5 with the latest version of Pathfinder? (I'm not on both counts, or I'd try to offer more specific advice). 
    • Incidental note, I might've gotten ahold of a really old version of the starter craft - it wasn't hauling Equipment, it was hauling RocketParts. Useless at this point , to say the least...
  • Haven't seen the battery storage issue personally; without knowing what other mods you're using it'd be difficult to locate a conflict. I use about three dozen mods myself, give or take.
  • KAS made an update a few versions back that prevents the lamp-post from being able to use more than one pipe connection. Annoying, yes...
  • As far as Edit2 is concerned - I couldn't say anything other than a sardonic 'maybe'. KAS just underwent a major revision that's going to deprecate all of the old parts; what happens with Pathfinder is probably going to depend on how that all plays out. Won't know for a while. My own self, I'm concerned about the KAS update; I've got a lot of craft that I like to use that rely heavily on KAS bits...

19 minutes ago, capi3101 said:

Howdy and welcome to the forums. To address the specific points of your post:

• The issue with the Buckboards is known and has been reported by several folks at this point. Try using the Tundra or Wagon parts from Buffalo as a stopgap, or if you download the Pathfinder starter craft from the wiki, you can save the Equipment and research kits Buckboards as subassemblies and use them that way. Are you running 1.5 with the latest version of Pathfinder? (I'm not on both counts, or I'd try to offer more specific advice). 
    • Incidental note, I might've gotten ahold of a really old version of the starter craft - it wasn't hauling Equipment, it was hauling RocketParts. Useless at this point , to say the least...
  • Haven't seen the battery storage issue personally; without knowing what other mods you're using it'd be difficult to locate a conflict. I use about three dozen mods myself, give or take.
  • KAS made an update a few versions back that prevents the lamp-post from being able to use more than one pipe connection. Annoying, yes...
  • As far as Edit2 is concerned - I couldn't say anything other than a sardonic 'maybe'. KAS just underwent a major revision that's going to deprecate all of the old parts; what happens with Pathfinder is probably going to depend on how that all plays out. Won't know for a while. My own self, I'm concerned about the KAS update; I've got a lot of craft that I like to use that rely heavily on KAS bits...

Which Play Mode are you using? I've tested both Classic Stock and CRP and don't see any problems.

6 hours ago, Zankastia said:

I'll make a note to add an Ore -> ResearchKits converter for Lite Blue. And yes, we're working the pipes and attachments. Pathfinder has worked with KIS and KAS for many years and just needs to adapt to the new system. The changes to the Gaslight, Sombrero and Telegraph also reflect issues I've had with attaching them to the ground; the radial accessory mount is intended to help circumvent that.

46 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Which Play Mode are you using? I've tested both Classic Stock and CRP and don't see any problems.

CRP, but I've also not updated to the latest version of KSP nor the latest version of Pathfinder/WildBlue/Buffalo. I plan to run KSP 1.4.5 until November 15th (i.e. thirty days after the 1.5 drop, which is usually enough time for the modders to update all the mods I'm using), at which time I plan to make the update to both the base game and all my mods, including Pathfinder.

Saw the issue with the Buckboards when I was trying out Lite Blue early on; still have non-functional Buckboards with CRP now (stressing that I'm not using the latest version of Pathfinder here). By "non-functional", I mean that I can't reconfigure the storage template; they work just fine as KAS containers otherwise.

Edited by capi3101

11 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

I suggest a clean install. I am definitely not experiencing any problems, and crushed a lot of bugs.

This was my clean install, unless you mean a completely fresh install of KSP as well. I downloaded all of the WBI mods fresh off of github, and the KSP install was created by steam a while back.

I'm going to check to see if the error is with KSP itself, just to eliminate that as an option.

Edited by RocketSquid

1 hour ago, RocketSquid said:

This was my clean install, unless you mean a completely fresh install of KSP as well. I downloaded all of the WBI mods fresh off of github, and the KSP install was created by steam a while back.

I'm going to check to see if the error is with KSP itself, just to eliminate that as an option.

Yes, clean as in ksp 1.5.1 copied from your steam install, with no mods in it, then install the latest Pathfinder et al.

4 minutes ago, RocketSquid said:

I guess it’s time for one mod at a time?

I would need to see your logs and detailed steps to reproduce. Obviously I can't reproduce your issue. Make sure you're using the very latest version of my mods for KSP 1.5.1.

8 hours ago, sabreheim said:

Does this work with USI?

3 hours ago, goldenpsp said:

Angel-125's answer at November 2017 is what you're looking for @sabreheim ;)

Edited by JadeOfMaar

17 minutes ago, RocketSquid said:

I guess it’s time for one mod at a time?

Sometimes you have to, in order to narrow down a problem. I spent 9 hours yesterday removing/adding, nearly all of my 85 mods starting and restarting KSP each time, to figure out which mod was generating duplicate menu options and flag pictures when I was starting a new game.

49 minutes ago, CajunInABox said:

Does pathfinder support the community tech tree?

edit: Also, in the event that USI-LS doesn't get support from Angel, where would I learn how to create a config for that?

None of my mods currently support USI-LS. They used to but the configs became outdated and nobody was willing to step up and update them. I think there is a spreadsheet somewhere to help balance parts though if you're interested. You might want to check the USI-LS thread for details.

3 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

None of my mods currently support USI-LS. They used to but the configs became outdated and nobody was willing to step up and update them. I think there is a spreadsheet somewhere to help balance parts though if you're interested. You might want to check the USI-LS thread for details.

I just managed to find roverdude's balance spreadsheet, thanks for the heads up! Time for some balancing...

While I'm playing around with balance, I was comparing your latest TAC-LS config to the USI-LS config from Pathfinder 1.14, noticed this at the bottom:

Spoiler

@PART[WBI_Ponderosa,WBI_Ponderosa2,WBI_DocSciLab,WBI_Hacienda]:NEEDS[TacLifeSupport]
{
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = Food
        amount = 0
        maxAmount = 17.6
        isTweakable = true
    }

RESOURCE
    {
        name = Water
        amount = 0
        maxAmount = 11.68
        isTweakable = true
    }

RESOURCE
    {
        name = Oxygen
        amount = 0
        maxAmount = 1766
        isTweakable = true
    }

RESOURCE
    {
        name = Waste
        amount = 0
        maxAmount = 17.6
        isTweakable = true
    }

RESOURCE
    {
        name = WasteWater
        amount = 0
        maxAmount = 11.68
        isTweakable = true
    }

RESOURCE
    {
        name = CarbonDioxide
        amount = 0
        maxAmount = 1766
        isTweakable = true
    }
}

I assume this is assigning resource storage to the parts, but you already did that for a bunch of parts up above. Is this only necessary for parts that can store the resources, but don't have LS converters? Do you know if it's necessary to do the same for USI-LS?

Edited by CajunInABox

59 minutes ago, CajunInABox said:

I just managed to find roverdude's balance spreadsheet, thanks for the heads up! Time for some balancing...

While I'm playing around with balance, I was comparing your latest TAC-LS config to the USI-LS config from Pathfinder 1.14, noticed this at the bottom:

Reveal hidden contents

@PART[WBI_Ponderosa,WBI_Ponderosa2,WBI_DocSciLab,WBI_Hacienda]:NEEDS[TacLifeSupport]
{
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = Food
        amount = 0
        maxAmount = 17.6
        isTweakable = true
    }

RESOURCE
    {
        name = Water
        amount = 0
        maxAmount = 11.68
        isTweakable = true
    }

RESOURCE
    {
        name = Oxygen
        amount = 0
        maxAmount = 1766
        isTweakable = true
    }

RESOURCE
    {
        name = Waste
        amount = 0
        maxAmount = 17.6
        isTweakable = true
    }

RESOURCE
    {
        name = WasteWater
        amount = 0
        maxAmount = 11.68
        isTweakable = true
    }

RESOURCE
    {
        name = CarbonDioxide
        amount = 0
        maxAmount = 1766
        isTweakable = true
    }
}

I assume this is assigning resource storage to the parts, but you already did that for a bunch of parts up above. Is this only necessary for parts that can store the resources, but don't have LS converters? Do you know if it's necessary to do the same for USI-LS?

Just a note, I am currently working on balancing WBI parts with USI to the extent of adding a full set of templates for 1:1 UKS compatibility, so if you need size comparisons I’ve got you covered