[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

Angelo Kerman

16 minutes ago, MSA said:

I know about that one. I'm talking about the one for pathfinder. I think you are able to control if the inflatable parts to open with rocket parts?

That would be pathfinder settings.  Details are in the wiki, for which there is a link in the OP

Edited by goldenpsp

@MSA Go into Difficulty Settings mid-game (or the similar place during save creation) and find the Pathfinder tab (among all the tabs for mod names in a left side column). There are switches for requiring resources and skills. And the inflatables demand Equipment, not RocketParts. ;)

You're going to need to have a supply of Equipment to inflate/reconfigure almost all of the modules - the only exception I'm aware of is when you're reconfiguring Buckboard and Chuckwagons; usually you can get away for free there (unless you're turning them into a Power distributor, which takes a bit; it's 250 for the Buckboards and I want to say 600 for the Wagons). There are ways to manufacture Equipment on site if you want to go the full ISRU route, otherwise you either have to haul it with you or deliver it later on.

Specific numbers for various inflatable modules:

Spoiler

Doc - 1200 (all variants)
Pondarosa/Casa (all variants) - 600
Hacienda Brew Works, Clockworks, IronWorks, NukeWorks: 2000
Hacienda Hot Springs, Solar Flare: 3000
Hacienda Claim Jumper: 4000

Which mode of the mod have you selected out of curiosity? By which I mean are you playing Classic Stock, CRP Mode, Pristine Mode or Simplified Mode? Default is Classic Stock if you haven't fiddled with that. Makes a difference as to the formula for making Equipment in situ.

Has anyone had career mode issues with a contract with tourists to visit a station? I have and when I try and move the tourists to alternate craft (for return to Kerbin from a munar ferry craft) my game pretty much locks up.

16 hours ago, tater said:

Has anyone had career mode issues with a contract with tourists to visit a station? I have and when I try and move the tourists to alternate craft (for return to Kerbin from a munar ferry craft) my game pretty much locks up.

Can't say I've experience that, unfortunately. Closest I've seen was a contract to let tourists colonize an umanned probe...naturally, I ignored that one...

17 hours ago, tater said:

Yes, I did. Well, something similar. When saving while (or after?) having docked to a station (not the one in the contract, though), the game was either freezing or it continued to run fine, but saving was impossible. Check out this thread - do you see similar exceptions in your log file?

1 hour ago, infinite_monkey said:

Yes, I did. Well, something similar. When saving while (or after?) having docked to a station (not the one in the contract, though), the game was either freezing or it continued to run fine, but saving was impossible. Check out this thread - do you see similar exceptions in your log file?

This is exactly what my log shows.

I'm having trouble with the converters.I try the Omni Converters where I click on the button for Manage Operations for the Castillo series of parts, particularly the Factory. Then I click on any of the Omni converter buttons and I get a blank grey window with some letters in the upper left hand corner. Anyone got a solution?

19 minutes ago, Iron_Druid1701 said:

I'm having trouble with the converters.I try the Omni Converters where I click on the button for Manage Operations for the Castillo series of parts, particularly the Factory. Then I click on any of the Omni converter buttons and I get a blank grey window with some letters in the upper left hand corner. Anyone got a solution?

This happened to me a while back; problem turned out to be my install. Last time you added Pathfinder, did you completely erase it from your GameData folder and copy a new version in, or did you just overwrite what was already there?

Your play mode might also have something to do with it - what mode are you trying operate in, Classic Stock, CRP, Pristine or Simplified? If you're doing a mode other than Classic Stock, did you first switch to Pristine as per the first post on this thread?

EDIT: Also, which version of Pathfinder are you using, out of curiosity?

Edited by capi3101

Finally I can reveal yet another awesome surprise for all WBI fans. All new resource decals for the storage template system (not OmniStorage). This package will cover the stock resources, WBI Classic Stock, Extraplanetary Launchpads, Near Future Technologies, OSE Workshop, and TAC Life Support. In total there will be at least 53 of these... 61 if/when I touch the production templates.

And now, the samples. Colors are subject to change...

TAC Food, NuclearFuel/EnrichedUranium, Gemstones, PropLox/Hydrolox

nkl20Ut.jpg

MonoPropellant, RocketParts, Snacks!, Ore

woawmsN.jpg

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Interesting mod! I like the expandable modules, but am a bit confused with the chuckwagon, hacienda, and doc science lab. It feels they got run over by a truck. Can't they be turned into a box like the ponderosa? or am i missing something?

[edit, ah you can re-configure the ponderosa, awesome stuff this]

Edited by MacLuky

9 minutes ago, MacLuky said:

Interesting mod! I like the expandable modules, but am a bit confused with the chuckwagon, hacienda, and doc science lab. It feels they got run over by a truck. Can't they be turned into a box like the ponderosa? or am i missing something?

They are meant to be attached to an inflated ponderosa or a base hub like the switchback.

Just now, Bill the Kerbal said:

They are meant to be attached to an inflated ponderosa or a base hub like the switchback.

Yes, but in transport it looks kinda wierd. I get the the ponderosa as a box, I would have expected them to be boxes too.

@MacLuky They are as they are for ease of carrying by an EVA kerbal (they equip onto the backpack if you didn't already know). As they are, it's easy to stuff many of them into a small cargo bay, which you can't do as well with boxes. The Ponderosa (command version of the Casa) is boxed so it can attach to the ground and properly serve as the root part of an inflated base.

Just wondering if someone has put together a further tutorial or Pathfinder-for-dummies?  I really want to get into this, because I kinda need something else for my little missions to be about.  Big interplanetary ISRU operations are beyond me, and this just looks pretty cool, there's a lot to it.  I like the inflatable parts, the extra modules and science bits that come with the whole Pathfinder/Buffalo/MOLE/DSEV package.  But I just can't get my head around all the various UIs, which does what, and the resource distribution, too.

My latest attempts ended with flummoxed semi-defeat.  I assembled a Ponderosa (as Geo Lab) and a Doc (as Science Lab) attached to the Ponderosa.  I had Resource Distribution on Share between both the plane and the base - I dunno if that's how it should be.  After assembly, I saw the Equipment in the plane decreasing every second or so, until it was all gone, but it didn't look like it was going into the base.  Maybe it was but just wasn't displayed due to Ponderosa configuration.  I needed to generate a bunch of lab time so I could do experiments for a contract.  As I understand it:  Doc Lab (as Commercial Science Lab config) + Scientist + Electric Charge + Research Kits = Lab Time.  Does it generate automatically when the Lab is manned by a Scientist and has access to the resources, or do I need to start it?  And which "start" - in the Operations UI is it the "Start Research" button on the "Mobile Process" screen or the "Start" button on the "Experiment Lab" screen?  I had two single-sized Buckboards full of Research Kits (all gone now) and my base only has 0.84 Lab Time, I thought it would have resulted in more.  :confused:

On 3/14/2019 at 4:15 PM, capi3101 said:

This happened to me a while back; problem turned out to be my install. Last time you added Pathfinder, did you completely erase it from your GameData folder and copy a new version in, or did you just overwrite what was already there?

Your play mode might also have something to do with it - what mode are you trying operate in, Classic Stock, CRP, Pristine or Simplified? If you're doing a mode other than Classic Stock, did you first switch to Pristine as per the first post on this thread?

EDIT: Also, which version of Pathfinder are you using, out of curiosity?

The latest one now. Thank you, erasing Pathfinder then reinstalling it helped and fixed the issue

On 3/16/2019 at 1:39 AM, JadeOfMaar said:

Finally I can reveal yet another awesome surprise for all WBI fans. All new resource decals for the storage template system (not OmniStorage). This package will cover the stock resources, WBI Classic Stock, Extraplanetary Launchpads, Near Future Technologies, OSE Workshop, and TAC Life Support. In total there will be at least 53 of these... 61 if/when I touch the production templates.

And now, the samples. Colors are subject to change...

TAC Food, NuclearFuel/EnrichedUranium, Gemstones, PropLox/Hydrolox

nkl20Ut.jpg

MonoPropellant, RocketParts, Snacks!, Ore

woawmsN.jpg

Mmm... space pizza