[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

Angelo Kerman

On 7/14/2019 at 3:06 AM, DStaal said:

I spent quite a bit of time looking through the different settings.  There's one for not needing equipment to *reconfigure* parts, but I didn't see one (for WBI) that allowed me to *deploy* without resources.

Try something like this:

Spoiler

// make all box-packed base parts free to unpack
@PART[*]:AFTER[Pathfinder]
{
	@MODULE[WBIPackingBox]
	{
		@INPUT_RESOURCE,*
		{
			%Ratio = 0
		} // free
	}
}

Note that this will only remove **base** cost of unpacking parts. You will still need to pay equipment (or whatever other resource those might use) for non-void converters in parts like Castillo Factory.

----------------------------

@Angel-125 Second - or third, or whatever... - the issue with WBIGoldStrikeDrill / WBIGoldStrikeAsteroidDrill drills causing launch failure. It also happens with mod drills that were given this module [running Lite Blue mode and custom converters added in] [CRP installed]

Edited by NHunter

I am having a bit of a bug with the pathfinder base elements where I can't transfer any resource between the separate elements of the base or other ships via KAS pipes. the transfer option doesn't appear. I can transfer between different parts both stock and modded, even other Wild Blue industries mods.

I am in KSP 1.3.1 with Pathfinder 1.21 CRP mode. I know that CRP is no longer supported but I cannot picture the mode influencing the resource transfer.

Here is a log file https://www.dropbox.com/s/3bcol31i1ghn738/KSP log 1.log?dl=0 (hopefully, I took a break from KSP and I can't remember where anything is anymore)

If anyone has any recommendations on how to get resource transfer to stark working. I makes any ISRU attempts mostly useless.

1 hour ago, Titan 3001 said:

I am having a bit of a bug with the pathfinder base elements where I can't transfer any resource between the separate elements of the base or other ships via KAS pipes. the transfer option doesn't appear. I can transfer between different parts both stock and modded, even other Wild Blue industries mods.

I am in KSP 1.3.1 with Pathfinder 1.21 CRP mode. I know that CRP is no longer supported but I cannot picture the mode influencing the resource transfer.

Here is a log file https://www.dropbox.com/s/3bcol31i1ghn738/KSP log 1.log?dl=0 (hopefully, I took a break from KSP and I can't remember where anything is anymore)

If anyone has any recommendations on how to get resource transfer to stark working. I makes any ISRU attempts mostly useless.

I don't know what's up with KAS right now, but you can turn on resource distribution. I'm not able to give specifics right now, but look for "setup distribution" on the part action window or the operations manager.

17 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

I don't know what's up with KAS right now, but you can turn on resource distribution. I'm not able to give specifics right now, but look for "setup distribution" on the part action window or the operations manager.

Thanks for the advice, I have tried turning on the setup distribution to on both parts and I still cannot get any stock resource transfer options. This is most bothersome with the Liquid fuel and Oxidizer from the Brew Works and the Chuckwagon. I can't transfer the fuel between KAS pipe to another ship and between the two modules themselves. I also can't transfer Ore this way either. It tanks my plans for making a remote LFO outpost to refuel my lander's with.

19 minutes ago, Titan 3001 said:

Thanks for the advice, I have tried turning on the setup distribution to on both parts and I still cannot get any stock resource transfer options. This is most bothersome with the Liquid fuel and Oxidizer from the Brew Works and the Chuckwagon. I can't transfer the fuel between KAS pipe to another ship and between the two modules themselves. I also can't transfer Ore this way either. It tanks my plans for making a remote LFO outpost to refuel my lander's with.

Did you try setting resource distribution to Share on both source and destination? Stock fuel tanks don’t have resource distribution but all the tanks that I created do.

28 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Did you try setting resource distribution to Share on both source and destination? Stock fuel tanks don’t have resource distribution but all the tanks that I created do.

I have tried it. still can't seem to transfer fuel at all.

Was away for 8 months or so, came back to find Angel-125 has been seriously busy with a cloud of cool new parts.

I particularly like the Clydesdales, the mini rotating habs, and the giant mongo heat shield making them recoverable. They were exactly what I needed to build a crew transport vehicle of absurd capacity to serve a station of absurderer capacity while using USI/LS, so I'd have to rotate them periodically or spend all my team refreshing them in med bays. The station as you see it is only about half done, but two of the main habs were up so I decided to send up crew, this flight was carrying 40 something.

The crew transport has a capacity of 77 and was perfectly launchable as a unit. Which means anyone who wants habs for a space station can have tons of hab space with a very easy single launch. If I could send this 77 version up no probs with a 7.5m launcher, 5m should be fine for a smaller version.

Anyway, very nice work Angel, some more very useful parts and I haven't even tried all the new ground hab parts. Unfortunately this game is MKS/USI and they wouldn't really be compatible without lots of config surgery.

Spoiler

vWjY1nz.png

Obz2RDW.png

NPgup4X.png

This should be totally easy.

OMtCuBq.png

esV5NdZ.png

lFuzSEK.png

No problem. As long as you retract the two starboard solar panels.

lzy884O.png

Will OSE Workshop support ever be added again?
Our lord and savior Linuxgurugamer has taken up the mod and updated it lately. OSE is the absolute best mod to quickly build bases once you have production going, so I'd love to see it working again.

6 hours ago, Raptor22 said:

Will OSE Workshop support ever be added again?
Our lord and savior Linuxgurugamer has taken up the mod and updated it lately. OSE is the absolute best mod to quickly build bases once you have production going, so I'd love to see it working again.

As far as I can tell Workshop is playing nicely with Pathfinder, though admittedly I'm a version or two behind on a lot of things (KSP 1.6.1; Pathfinder 1.32.4; Workshop 1.3.1). Just finished building a base on Bop a few days ago with most of it built in situ.

10 hours ago, capi3101 said:

As far as I can tell Workshop is playing nicely with Pathfinder, though admittedly I'm a version or two behind on a lot of things (KSP 1.6.1; Pathfinder 1.32.4; Workshop 1.3.1). Just finished building a base on Bop a few days ago with most of it built in situ.

In KSP 1.7.3, OSE workshop options no longer show up with Pathfinder parts.

On 8/3/2019 at 2:19 AM, Raptor22 said:

In KSP 1.7.3, OSE workshop options no longer show up with Pathfinder parts.

got the same problem her with a fresh install, changed templates to the foundary and no workshop button, tried the factory same. reinstalled and rechecked, same. 

I am playing 1.71 with what I believe to be the latest of all the Wild Blue mods (I am getting no nagging at launch to update). I looked in my KSP.log and found a few thousand of these errors, and checking the console in flight shows them constantly scrolling.

[ERR 18:42:19.891] Module WBIRecycler threw during OnUpdate: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at WildBlueIndustries.WBIRecycler.OnUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Part.ModulesOnUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

I don't see any issues with Wild Blue mods loading or any other Wild Blue errors (however Dynamic Battery Storage is having an issue with SSTU), so not the slightest idea what is causing it. Full log 

I've noticed a recent issue with the Castillo-sized modules, @Angel-125
If you have the castillo parts attached to a ship when you launch, and either use hyperedit or the stock set orbit to place the vessel in orbit, the parts will disappear. There's no sign of them in the tracking station, no message about a linkage failure, nothing. They're just gone.

I found this out the hard way when I used set orbit to try to rendezvous my Titan-Class Capital Ship with a starport so that I could take on supplies, only to notice that the castillo depots and the castillo factory aboard the ship were gone. Since the ability to store supplies in those modules was practically the entire purpose of the ship, this has proven quite frustrating.

21 hours ago, Raptor22 said:

I've noticed a recent issue with the Castillo-sized modules, @Angel-125
If you have the castillo parts attached to a ship when you launch, and either use hyperedit or the stock set orbit to place the vessel in orbit, the parts will disappear. There's no sign of them in the tracking station, no message about a linkage failure, nothing. They're just gone.

I found this out the hard way when I used set orbit to try to rendezvous my Titan-Class Capital Ship with a starport so that I could take on supplies, only to notice that the castillo depots and the castillo factory aboard the ship were gone. Since the ability to store supplies in those modules was practically the entire purpose of the ship, this has proven quite frustrating.

you might want to pop that on the hyper edit thread and provide logs for when it happens, it sounds like a vessel spawn issue...

Hey, I'm coming back for another playthrough of ksp and I just wanted to let you know how cool this mod is.  The castillo stuff is a great example of how something relatively simple looking can be pretty cool.  I think it's screaming for a blimp hangar if you feel like calling the 3d printer part bad names for a week or three...  the Goodyear one actually looks like it's inflated if you ignore the skeleton.

On 8/13/2019 at 3:18 PM, Space Kadet said:

you might want to pop that on the hyper edit thread and provide logs for when it happens, it sounds like a vessel spawn issue...

I still have issues regardless of whether or not Hyperedit is installed. The stock set orbit and rendezvous cause it too, and sometimes it just happens, without explanation upon a scene change.
For those sudden, random events, I can't quite pinpoint when they happen as the Castillo parts are hidden inside of the hull of the ship (see spoiler below), so often times I don't notice until I actually need them, look inside the ship, and realize that they're gone.

Spoiler

Titan-Class Capital Ship, (coincidentally named) Pathfinder.

screenshot196.png?width=809&height=456

The Castillo modules are semi-clipped inside the central hull of the ship, and are only visible when you move the camera inside the hold. So, you can see why I have a hard time noticing the exact moment when they're gone:

screenshot412.png?width=809&height=456

The entire purpose of the ship is to transport smaller vessels, which take supplies from the Castillo modules down to the surface to build colonies. With the loss of the Castillo depots, the ship effectively loses half of its purpose, and its mission is no longer possible.

Edited by Raptor22