[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

Angelo Kerman

Got a quick question - can someone tell me what the process looks like for using the new Castillos to re-train colonists? Either I'm not doing it right, it's not working like it should, or I've got a mod conflict somewhere.

Okay. So, I right-click on a Castillo with a group of colonists that have finished up their contracts and select "Retrain Kerbals". I get a list of buttons on the left with the names of the Kerbals currently inside the Castillo, and on the left side I'm presented with their courage and stupidity value as well as their current role, and below that there are buttons that let me select a role (Tourist, Pilot, Scientist, Engineer). Bottom most button there is "SET", and at the bottom of the whole interface there's a button marked "OK". I pick the button corresponding to the Kerbal, pick the button corresponding to what I want them to be, and hit "SET". I get a message says "press OK to confirm changes" or some such, which I then do and the interface closes. 

What's supposed to happen next? Is the change supposed to be instantaneous? For me, nothing is happening. Using Pathfinder 1.32.1.0 in CRP mode with KSP 1.6.1.

Anybody else having issues with the Blacksmith/Clockworks at the moment? Clicking on the button to open the Workshop on the right-click menu is doing nothing for me at the moment; the button to open the recycler is completely missing. Going at it through Manage Operations has much the same effect, except the recycler will open up a non-responsive window.

Just seeing if anybody else is seeing the same thing. Using Pathfinder 1.32.1.0 in CRP mode, Workshop 1.3.1 and KIS 1.18 with KSP 1.6.1.

Just now, Angel-125 said:

The Blacksmith/Clockworks have interfaces to OSE Workshop but they haven't worked in awhile and I just use the PAW.

I have no idea what those are :-)

I'm closing in on a full release of OSE, just waiting for some feedback on a couple of ideas and one piece of functionality I'm working on.

When I'm done, I'll have to take a look at Pathfinder, it's been a long time since I last looked at it.

Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

I have no idea what those are :-)

I'm closing in on a full release of OSE, just waiting for some feedback on a couple of ideas and one piece of functionality I'm working on.

When I'm done, I'll have to take a look at Pathfinder, it's been a long time since I last looked at it.

Much appreciated, thank you. I'm pretty sure the issue is on Pathfinder's side and isn't opening the workshop/recycler properly. It's been awhile since I looked at it..

7 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Much appreciated, thank you. I'm pretty sure the issue is on Pathfinder's side and isn't opening the workshop/recycler properly. It's been awhile since I looked at it..

Point me to the code where it interfaces with when you have some time.  I'll take a look to make sure that nothing I do will cause you any issues

14 hours ago, capi3101 said:

Anybody else having issues with the Blacksmith/Clockworks at the moment? Clicking on the button to open the Workshop on the right-click menu is doing nothing for me at the moment; the button to open the recycler is completely missing. Going at it through Manage Operations has much the same effect, except the recycler will open up a non-responsive window.

Just seeing if anybody else is seeing the same thing. Using Pathfinder 1.32.1.0 in CRP mode, Workshop 1.3.1 and KIS 1.18 with KSP 1.6.1.

I have a similar thing, where I click the Open Workshop and it doesn't open. And I checked that it probably isn't mods, Bill Space Program only has: Community Category Kit, Community Resource Pack, Kerbal Engineer, KIS, Trajectories and OSE Workshop.

Edited by fulgur
Badly phrased

17 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

You arent talking about the OSE Workshop, are you?

I was, yes.

<checks_rest_of_posts_since_my_last_one />

I guess it's been that long since I've tried to use the Blacksmith or Clockworks at any of my bases. Known issue - got it.

4 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

The Blacksmith/Clockworks have interfaces to OSE Workshop but they haven't worked in awhile and I just use the PAW.

PAW?  Not trying to be dense; genuinely not following you here. Do you mean the Pathfinder button on the toolbar? 

EDIT - just tried it; I take it that's not what you meant.

Edited by capi3101

31 minutes ago, capi3101 said:

I was, yes.

<checks_rest_of_posts_since_my_last_one />

I guess it's been that long since I've tried to use the Blacksmith or Clockworks at any of my bases. Known issue - got it.

PAW?  Not trying to be dense; genuinely not following you here. Do you mean the Pathfinder button on the toolbar? 

EDIT - just tried it; I take it that's not what you meant.

The PAW is the right click menu on the part. Hit "Open Workshop" from there and you can get to the OSE GUI.

Seeing something else today - 

YrpM4xD.png

Those Haciendas all fit in that Buckboard when I first built this craft; game wouldn't let me get away with taking one out and trying to put it back in today. Looks like it's treating the Haciendas as if they're fully inflated when they're not. I'm guessing this has something to do with the latest version of KIS more than Pathfinder (since I've updated KIS recently). Still thought it was worth reporting.

7 hours ago, capi3101 said:

Seeing something else today - 

Those Haciendas all fit in that Buckboard when I first built this craft; game wouldn't let me get away with taking one out and trying to put it back in today. Looks like it's treating the Haciendas as if they're fully inflated when they're not. I'm guessing this has something to do with the latest version of KIS more than Pathfinder (since I've updated KIS recently). Still thought it was worth reporting.

My guess is that yes, it's KIS related.

On 2/1/2019 at 2:11 PM, capi3101 said:

Got a quick question - can someone tell me what the process looks like for using the new Castillos to re-train colonists? Either I'm not doing it right, it's not working like it should, or I've got a mod conflict somewhere.

Okay. So, I right-click on a Castillo with a group of colonists that have finished up their contracts and select "Retrain Kerbals". I get a list of buttons on the left with the names of the Kerbals currently inside the Castillo, and on the left side I'm presented with their courage and stupidity value as well as their current role, and below that there are buttons that let me select a role (Tourist, Pilot, Scientist, Engineer). Bottom most button there is "SET", and at the bottom of the whole interface there's a button marked "OK". I pick the button corresponding to the Kerbal, pick the button corresponding to what I want them to be, and hit "SET". I get a message says "press OK to confirm changes" or some such, which I then do and the interface closes. 

What's supposed to happen next? Is the change supposed to be instantaneous? For me, nothing is happening. Using Pathfinder 1.32.1.0 in CRP mode with KSP 1.6.1.

I haven't looked at this in awhile but what should happen is that you train your tourist into a scientist, engineer, or pilot. It shouldn't take any time. Sounds like another issue...

One last thing to report - I don't have screenies for this one right now, and I again suspect it has to do with the recent changes in KIS more than Pathfinder. Still felt it worth reporting.

As I was attempting to set up Enchova Central on Duna the other day,  I did my usual bit of setting the nearby TBD rover with a Wagon full of Equipment up as a distributor. Bolted Saddle to Ground. Attached Pondarosa to Saddle. Assemble. No problem - Pondy deploys. Grab a Casa, stick Casa on side of Pondy. Mash go to assemble Casa. Game tells me I don't have a working distributor nearby with enough Equipment to deploy.

I check the rover. Equipment on the damn thing is empty. This was with a Wagon completely full of Equipment (12000 units) when the rover landed, and all I did was inflate a Pondarosa (900 maximum). The rest of it just vanished... 

I'll see if this happens again to me, and I'll try to get screenies. Meanwhile, is anybody else seeing this as well?

3 hours ago, capi3101 said:

One last thing to report - I don't have screenies for this one right now, and I again suspect it has to do with the recent changes in KIS more than Pathfinder. Still felt it worth reporting.

As I was attempting to set up Enchova Central on Duna the other day,  I did my usual bit of setting the nearby TBD rover with a Wagon full of Equipment up as a distributor. Bolted Saddle to Ground. Attached Pondarosa to Saddle. Assemble. No problem - Pondy deploys. Grab a Casa, stick Casa on side of Pondy. Mash go to assemble Casa. Game tells me I don't have a working distributor nearby with enough Equipment to deploy.

I check the rover. Equipment on the damn thing is empty. This was with a Wagon completely full of Equipment (12000 units) when the rover landed, and all I did was inflate a Pondarosa (900 maximum). The rest of it just vanished... 

I'll see if this happens again to me, and I'll try to get screenies. Meanwhile, is anybody else seeing this as well?

How reproducible is this? I am slowly working through the bugs this week. More to do in my personal life but I am finally getting a free moment here and there..

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

How reproducible is this? I am slowly working through the bugs this week. More to do in my personal life but I am finally getting a free moment here and there..

It's happened to me twice now, pretty sure, and both times it's been very recent, since the latest KIS version (which is why I suspect KIS). I had planned to do an experimental sandbox run later today to see if it happened again.

EDIT: Meant to say that I intended to do this with a relatively clean install: Pathfinder 1.32.1.0, Buffalo 2.6.12, MOLE 1.17.1.0,  OSE Workshop 1.3.1, KIS 1.18, KAS 1.1 and Extraplanetary Launchpads 6.4 on a vanilla 1.6.1 KSP install, using Module Manager 4.0.1. Just got done building it and importing the TBD rovers over. Will let you know what happens.

Edited by capi3101

Added Kerbal Konstructs 1.4.5.56 to the mix too.

So, I'm definitely seeing volume issues with stowed parts, and the connections to Workshop are definitely completely non-functional.

hK5UfqF.png

I did not see the Equipment drain I reported earlier today; that might be because I used Classic Stock for this test, and when it happened I was in CRP mode. I'll try again in CRP mode and if that's where it's happening, that's probably sign-off for CRP mode...

One other thing I saw today - since I was in Classic Stock mode, I tried turning my Blacksmith into an OmniShop. Called up OmniConverter 1 and this happened:

H2ptcpc.png

Was going to report the OmniShop did the same thing again, but I see that’s not necessary.

Just tried opening up the OSE Workbench using the part action window on a 3D printing lab part (from the Workship mod itself). Wouldn’t open. Might try a run with just Workshop to see if the issue is over there.

Ran a build with just Workshop and its dependencies; Workbench wouldn't open up. I then tried using a version of Workshop from KSP 1.5.1, one that I knew worked. Workbench still wouldn't open, so I restored the latest version of the mod, and then replaced KIS with KIS 1.16 (again, the version from 1.5.1). Workshop fired right up - only thing I can say wrong with it was that the box to close to window was still missing if you didn't have anything in the building queue. There was one present for the Recycler window.

And everything was fitting in the boxes too. I checked that. Looks like the new KIS is causing multiple issues. No real surprise, I suppose.

Tomorrow I'll try putting up a Castillo to see if I can retrain a kerbal into something else. I'm really thinking that one's just a mod conflict there, and I have my suspects, but I hope to know more tomorrow.

Alright, so I was able to eliminate the two mods I thought might've been causing a conflict with the Castillo's ability to re-train kerbals; I used one of them to generate a tourist (Griswold Kerman) in my diagnostic build and proceeded to put him and Val out on the launchpad along with an inflated Castillo. Transferred him in, mashed the "Retrain Kerbals" button, selected Engineer, hit SET, then mashed GO. Nothing happened.