[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

Angelo Kerman

6 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

If you have an existing TERRAIN satellite and install the latest Pathfinder, the satellite explodes. Also, the Buckboards won't let you reconfigure them. I have both issues fixed and will have a hotfix tonight or tomorrow.

Drats.. I just installed SteamOS and now KSP hangs at WBI Terrain...  For a sec there i had hoped it was actually a bug in the part. Ohwel...  Back to troubleshooting 

Just now, Denko666 said:

Drats.. I just installed SteamOS and now KSP hangs at WBI Terrain...  For a sec there i had hoped it was actually a bug in the part. Ohwel...  Back to troubleshooting 

^ This is my issue as well, wasn't the explodey part but that doesn't sound fun either :) Hangs on load at WBI Terrain. Only playable if I delete the Tools folder.

Thx Angel!

the download at spacedock.info though is 0kb... u might wanna check.

and, at the risk of annoying you further: even when i substitute the empty spacedock.info download with the one from github. CKAN manages to screw up the install. after i manually copied 9.11 over 9.10 it got past the wbi_terrain parloading

Edited by Denko666

I am still unable to run the latest version 0.9.11. The game simply refuses to start.
 I have looked into the logfile and found two exceptions related to Pathfinder

Scene: LOADING
[LOG 12:46:32.248] WBILight [FFFB980A][48.6909]: Looking for proto node for WBI.Wagon2uWBILight
[LOG 12:46:32.248] WBILight [FFFB980A][48.6909]: Config node added for WBI.Wagon2uWBILight
[LOG 12:46:32.248] WBILight [FFFB980A][48.6909]: SetupAnimations called.
[ERR 12:46:32.251] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'ModuleConnectedLivingSpace'

[LOG 12:46:32.265] PartLoader: Part 'WildBlueIndustries/Buffalo/Parts/Utility/Wagon2u/WBI_Wagon2u' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 12:46:32.279] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'WBI.Wagon2u'
[EXC 12:46:32.281] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
        ModuleDeployableSolarPanel.AssumeDragCubePosition (System.String name)
        DragCubeSystem+
^B.MoveNext ()
        UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
        ^B:MoveNext()
        ^N^B:MoveNext()
        ^W^E:MoveNext()

and

[LOG 12:46:32.886] WBILight [FFFB6B50][49.1222]: Looking for proto node for WBI.DocSciLabWBILight
[LOG 12:46:32.886] WBILight [FFFB6B50][49.1222]: Config node added for WBI.DocSciLabWBILight
[LOG 12:46:32.886] WBILight [FFFB6B50][49.1222]: SetupAnimations called.
[ERR 12:46:32.890] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'ModuleConnectedLivingSpace'

[LOG 12:46:32.930] PartLoader: Part 'WildBlueIndustries/Pathfinder/Parts/Science/DocSciLab/WBI_DocSciLab' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 12:46:32.966] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'WBI.DocSciLab'
[LOG 12:46:32.995] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'WildBlueIndustries/Pathfinder/Parts/Science/Terrain/WBI_Terrain'
[LOG 12:46:33.036] PartLoader: Part 'WildBlueIndustries/Pathfinder/Parts/Science/Terrain/WBI_Terrain' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 12:46:33.051] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'WBI.Terrain'
[EXC 12:46:33.076] MissingFieldException: Field 'WildBlueIndustries.WBIBasicScienceLab.repairSkill' not found.
        PartLoader.CompilePartInfo (.AvailablePart newPartInfo, .Part part)
        PartLoader+^W^E.MoveNext ()

Anyway I am fine with 0.9.9 in the meantime. Just wanted to let you know. Thanks for all the hard work!

5 hours ago, Denko666 said:

Thx Angel!

and, at the risk of annoying you further: even when i substitute the empty spacedock.info download with the one from github. CKAN manages to screw up the install. after i manually copied 9.11 over 9.10 it got past the wbi_terrain parloading

This was not on CKAN's side but on SpaceDock's side. When we changed the SSL cert to use https we forgot to turn on SSL support.

1 hour ago, Olympic1 said:

This was not on CKAN's side but on SpaceDock's side. When we changed the SSL cert to use https we forgot to turn on SSL support.

Nonsense, a 0kb download has nothing to do with ssl certification. If that was the cause i would have gotten an error, not an empty file. And the fact that ckan doesnt overwrite updated files where it should also has nothing to do with ssl. 

Please don't bug mod authors with CKAN problems. :) There's a CKAN issue tracker here: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues and an IRC channel, here: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.esper.net/ckan

The problem is that CKAN tracks WildBlueTools and Pathfinder separately, though they're distributed in the same zip (since DSEV and MOLE also ship with WildBlueTools, and CKAN refuses to ever overwrite another mod's files). I've updated CKAN to point WildBlueTools at https://github.com/Angel-125/WildBlueTools/releases , rather than kerbalstuff. CKAN should have the most recent one when the indexer next runs (sometime in the next 3ish hours, assuming someone merges the PR by then).

@Angel-125 I saw https://github.com/Angel-125/WildBlueTools/blob/master/CKAN/WildBlueTools.netkan but nothing is currently configured to use it. Would you like the update indexer (NetKAN) to use that instead?

9 hours ago, Denko666 said:

Thx Angel!

I've been having issues with SpaceDock where I'd upload the update but nothing would happen. The upload bar would reach the end and the site wouldn't update. For now, just go to GitHub to get the latest version. I can't trust CKAN to work; even when set up properly, I'd get support issues, so I've pretty much given up on it.

2 hours ago, Thegamer211 said:

The game gets stuck loading forever on Pathfinder/Parts/Science/Terrain/WBI_Terrain

fa7e43210520f28a4672b416ca257c2b.png

11 minutes ago, Chasewithlasers said:

also experiencing the same issue where the game hangs forever at the terrain loading. tried to change a couple of names in the cfg files to see if it was just a pathing error or something but no luck, apparently the part just keeps calling something that isn't there

Delete your GameData/ModuleManager.ConfigCache, .ConfigSHA, .Physics, and .TechTree, and restart.

7 hours ago, rumtreiber said:

I am still unable to run the latest version 0.9.11. The game simply refuses to start.
 I have looked into the logfile and found two exceptions related to Pathfinder

[LOG 12:46:32.248] WBILight [FFFB980A][48.6909]: Looking for proto node for WBI.Wagon2uWBILight
[LOG 12:46:32.248] WBILight [FFFB980A][48.6909]: Config node added for WBI.Wagon2uWBILight
[LOG 12:46:32.248] WBILight [FFFB980A][48.6909]: SetupAnimations called.
[ERR 12:46:32.251] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'ModuleConnectedLivingSpace'

[LOG 12:46:32.265] PartLoader: Part 'WildBlueIndustries/Buffalo/Parts/Utility/Wagon2u/WBI_Wagon2u' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 12:46:32.279] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'WBI.Wagon2u'
[EXC 12:46:32.281] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
        ModuleDeployableSolarPanel.AssumeDragCubePosition (System.String name)
        DragCubeSystem+
^B.MoveNext ()
        ^B:MoveNext()
        ^N^B:MoveNext()
        ^W^E:MoveNext()

and

[LOG 12:46:32.886] WBILight [FFFB6B50][49.1222]: Looking for proto node for WBI.DocSciLabWBILight
[LOG 12:46:32.886] WBILight [FFFB6B50][49.1222]: Config node added for WBI.DocSciLabWBILight
[LOG 12:46:32.886] WBILight [FFFB6B50][49.1222]: SetupAnimations called.
[ERR 12:46:32.890] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'ModuleConnectedLivingSpace'

[LOG 12:46:32.930] PartLoader: Part 'WildBlueIndustries/Pathfinder/Parts/Science/DocSciLab/WBI_DocSciLab' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 12:46:32.966] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'WBI.DocSciLab'
[LOG 12:46:32.995] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'WildBlueIndustries/Pathfinder/Parts/Science/Terrain/WBI_Terrain'
[LOG 12:46:33.036] PartLoader: Part 'WildBlueIndustries/Pathfinder/Parts/Science/Terrain/WBI_Terrain' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 12:46:33.051] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'WBI.Terrain'
[EXC 12:46:33.076] MissingFieldException: Field 'WildBlueIndustries.WBIBasicScienceLab.repairSkill' not found.
        PartLoader.CompilePartInfo (.AvailablePart newPartInfo, .Part part)
        PartLoader+^W^E.MoveNext ()

Anyway I am fine with 0.9.9 in the meantime. Just wanted to let you know. Thanks for all the hard work!

Delete your PartDatabase.cfg and restart.

15 minutes ago, ChucklesTheBeard said:

Please don't bug mod authors with CKAN problems. :) There's a CKAN issue tracker here: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues and an IRC channel, here: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.esper.net/ckan

The problem is that CKAN tracks WildBlueTools and Pathfinder separately, though they're distributed in the same zip (since DSEV and MOLE also ship with WildBlueTools, and CKAN refuses to ever overwrite another mod's files). I've updated CKAN to point WildBlueTools at https://github.com/Angel-125/WildBlueTools/releases , rather than kerbalstuff. CKAN should have the most recent one when the indexer next runs (sometime in the next 3ish hours, assuming someone merges the PR by then).

@Angel-125 I saw https://github.com/Angel-125/WildBlueTools/blob/master/CKAN/WildBlueTools.netkan but nothing is currently configured to use it. Would you like the update indexer (NetKAN) to use that instead?

I think I had that because I wasn't sure where to put the .netkan file in the project. If you can get CKAN to work properly were it will download and install everything in the Patfhdinder folder. Great! :) But at this point I don't consider CKAN to be reliable enough to install my mods in the way I want to set them up. Time and again I get support issues where the mod doesn't work right, and invariably it's due to not all the files being installed correctly. I like the concept, but the execution needs work IMO. I should be able to create one bundle with Pathfinder that has the directory structure that I have, and have everything install correctly.

Pardon my rant but I work in the software industry, I've created installation programs before, and they all work just fine.

What I do find that works consistently for me is GitHub and Mini AVC. I've had no issues with that because I follow the directions and install the mods I download manually.

3 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

I think I had that because I wasn't sure where to put the .netkan file in the project. If you can get CKAN to work properly were it will download and install everything in the Patfhdinder folder. Great! :) But at this point I don't consider CKAN to be reliable enough to install my mods in the way I want to set them up. Time and again I get support issues where the mod doesn't work right, and invariably it's due to not all the files being installed correctly. I like the concept, but the execution needs work IMO. I should be able to create one bundle with Pathfinder that has the directory structure that I have, and have everything install correctly.

Pardon my rant but I work in the software industry, I've created installation programs before, and they all work just fine.

What I do find that works consistently for me is GitHub and Mini AVC. I've had no issues with that because I follow the directions and install the mods I download manually.

You have an outdated NetKAN reference in Wildblue tools. Are pushing out an outdated module manager in Buffalo. The community resource pack should be downloaded from Roverdude. It would also help if you did not use Spacedock when CKAN can use your latest GitHub releases automatically as well. 

Apart from that CKAN seems to working just fine. 

6 hours ago, Olympic1 said:

Edited by nobodyhasthis2

That hasn't been my experience even when everything was up to date. I'm also not the only one to have issues. So to avoid having problems, I choose to stick with GitHub as the primary distribution, and (if I can get the issues sorted out) SpaceDock as the mirror.

How did you install the latest Pathfinder?

One of the tests I did was to install the new Pathfinder in my old save, and when completely removed the WildBlueIndustries folder and installed everything from the new release (downloaded from GitHub), I had no problems upgrading my save. the TERRAIN loaded along with everything else. I suspect there's something wrong with your installation but it's hard to tell.

Edited by Angel-125

7 hours ago, Thegamer211 said:

The game gets stuck loading forever on Pathfinder/Parts/Science/Terrain/WBI_Terrain

fa7e43210520f28a4672b416ca257c2b.png

Ok had the same issue this morning , and this is how I solved it.  These are the steps and what I found out

1. Updated pathfinder from CKAN- had issue mentioned above

2. uninstalled pathfinder and did a manual install, noticed that the installation in GitHub has three folders (a buffalo folder ,a pathfinder folder and something else (000wildbletools)) inside the wildblue folder

3. Program Ran perfectly

4. But I still wanted to use ckan (sorry I like the program) so I copied the wildblue folder somewhere else and the deleted the pathfinder and buffalo installation

5. Reinstalled with Ckan- then ran into same issue, when I opened the wildblue folder I noticed that it only had a pathfinder folder included, ie the buffalo folder and the other one were missing from the install 

6. I replaced the wildblue folder with the one that I had kept from the manual install- everything works and ckan is traking it as a CKAN install Horray!!!

So a possibilities are a. that the pathfinder files in ckan are slightly different than the one in GitHub or  b. that installing with ckan is for some reason stripping the two other folders. so there are two avenues for some people smarter than me to investigate. However if you just want to play the game and keep everything tidy with ckan this solution works

Edited by Rafael acevedo
corrections

Glad you got it working. I tell you what: If you can sort out the CKAN issues, I'll be happy to credit your work so you can keep using CKAN. @nobodyhasthis2 found a few issues. My requirements though are that I have one install zip file, with everything included, as you see it with the GitHub download. If you can make CKAN work that way, great! :)

1 hour ago, nobodyhasthis2 said:

You have an outdated NetKAN reference in Wildblue tools. Are pushing out an outdated module manager in Buffalo. The community resource pack should be downloaded from Roverdude. It would also help if you did not use Spacedock when CKAN can use your latest GitHub releases automatically as well. 

Apart from that CKAN seems to working just fine. 

Edited by Angel-125

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

Glad you got it working. I tell you what: If you can sort out the CKAN issues, I'll be happy to credit your work so you can keep using CKAN. @nobodyhasthis2 found a few issues. 

Well all I have done is flagged up a redirection on Buffalo. @ChucklesTheBeard gets the credit with the Wildblue Tools PR. He was way faster that me in spotting the error in the old NetKan file. The damage was done with the loss of Kerbal Stuff which is just one of those things. If anyone else spots a problem with a CKAN install please take it over to the support thread. Please don't bug the mod author.

2 hours ago, Rafael acevedo said:

So a possibilities are a. that the pathfinder files in ckan are slightly different than the one in GitHub or  b. that installing with ckan is for some reason stripping the two other folders. so there are two avenues for some people smarter than me to investigate. However if you just want to play the game and keep everything tidy with ckan this solution works

Well to answer you question hopefully.

A. Yes the CKAN version will be different up to now because it was pulling from an outdated source. Once redirected it will be the same. If you see an older version number again please report it to CKAN devs and they will fix it.   

B. It does not need the other two folders. If you select any of @Angel-125s mods. It forces you to down load the latest version of Wildblue Tools. As it is marked as a dependency. When you look at the mod list it will be listed separately so you can check the version number. It will also automatically handle Module Manager and the Community Resources Pack. 

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

My requirements though are that I have one install zip file, with everything included, as you see it with the GitHub download. If you can make CKAN work that way, great! :)

CKAN will not mind and can work with this. You release any way you want and let others worry about keeping the metadata right. People just need to flag up issues directly to the CKAN team. They pretty fast at fixing stuff. 

CKAN will not be pulling all the information from the zip file that comes from someone else. What will happen is any external mod referenced like Module Manager or the Community Resources Pack will come directly from external mod authors sites. This is because they have the most up to date versions. If they change something it gets updated automatically without it having to be included in the zip file. 

There two really important extra steps that CKAN users must do before reporting bugs here.

1. Uninstall the mod and check the wildblue folder to see if anything is left behind. It can only handle files that it knows about so you might need to manual delete the wildblue folder completely before updating. Please ensure that you really do clean installs when necessary. I have not tested to what extent Pathfinder can be affected here but it is none the less a good policy. If asked to do a clean install please respect the mod authors. 

2. Respect the lag. CKAN has lots of mods and indexes everything. Across GitHub, Spacedock or any other site. Even curse to a certain extent. That means when @Angel-125 pushes out a hot fix. CKAN users will feel the lag. It will not be available instantaneously. It does link directly to forum thread so you can read up on changes for a reason. Wait for CKAN to pick up on the change. If it does not after 24 hours then again bring this to attention of the CKAN team over on their support thread.

Edited by nobodyhasthis2

On March 3, 2016 at 0:18 AM, Angel-125 said:

0.9.10 The Calm Before The Storm

Get the latest here!

Or from SpaceDock

While I am still working on the Hacienda IVA (quality work takes time), this update brings some quality of life improvements, bug fixes, and new uses for the Buckboards. It also provides support for @Nils277's excellent Kerbal Planetary Base Systems. If you haven't seen KPBS, check it out! The design and art quality is simply stunning.

Kerbal Planetary Base Systems
- Added support for Kerbal Planetary Base Systems. While not as efficient as Pathfinder's modules due to their size, they can still contribute to your Pathfinder base, and still benefit from efficiency improvements created in the geology lab.
  * The K&K Planetary Habitat MK2 can be used as part of Pathfinder's habitat wing.
  * The K&K Planetary Laboratory can be used as part of Pathfinder's science wing.
  * The K&K Planetary Greenhouse uses Pathfinder's greenhouse module code.
  * The K&K Rocket Fuel tanks now hold a variety of different resources (and default to LiquidFuel/Oxidizer).

Thanks for adding support for kpbs, definitely one of my favorite mods. Hope you all like this pic of KPBS and Pathfinder integration

ajMG6UT.png 

8 hours ago, Rafael acevedo said:

Thanks for adding support for kpbs, definitely one of my favorite mods. Hope you all like this pic of KPBS and Pathfinder integration

ajMG6UT.png 

Glad you like the integration. :) It was the hard shell parts I was alluding to. No need for me to make the parts when KPBS already has outstanding artwork. Only thing I wish there was is a longer model in KPBS for Pathfinder's industrial wing. My current plan is to finish the Hacienda IVA and attempt to make a KPBS style industrial module for the Hacienda templates. I have a couple of weeks before the pre-release so we'll see how far I get.

Edited by Angel-125

37 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

No need for me to make the parts when KPBS already has outstanding artwork

Permit me to disagree - you have distinct style and creative vision and there's still rather empty niche for actually permanent buildings (like upcoming USI 10m dome thingy). Now, if you do not want to or see no merit in own line of hardshell modules, that's different story altogether.

Still, integrating KBPS is an interesting idea, would definitely take a look.

@Angel-125 Sorry to say 0.9.10 The Calm Before The Storm is still distributing an outdated module manager. This will affect other mods. Looks like there also a problem with wildblue tools version file. People going for manual downloads might still run into difficulties. If they do things in the wrong order.