Angel-125

[1.8.x] Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Honestly I don't use USI-LS so I don't know. Best to wait for the dust to settle with 1.1 before tackling this one.

 

No worries, I guess wen can forget about this one - I did some more in-depth testing, and actually:

LifeSupport works totally fine on a new save.

It even works fine on the SAME save, when starting with a simple vessel on Kerbin.

 

Just for some reason it refuses to work on my minmus base. So I just went into the persistence file and manually set the Life Support Recylcers to active, and now... it works fine. Even repeatedly turning them on and off. In my top 10 of weirdest bugs, I guess...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With KIS/KAS for KSP 1.1 in testing, I'll be working on Pathfinder's update for 1.1 this week. I got a lot done already, now it is down to bug fixes, integration tests, finalizing some part changes and template changes, and a handful of IVA props. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

First off, your mods are some of the best I have ever seen, particularly in the IVA area. I see that they must be a lot of work, but at least I appreciate them.

I have a question though. Will you be changing the USI life support configs to work with the new version, the one without Organics? 

Also, where are the pictures in the IVA TV pulling from? I'm trying to put some more pictures in, but all i'm getting is one screenshot I took long ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Lord_Potato said:

Hello,

First off, your mods are some of the best I have ever seen, particularly in the IVA area. I see that they must be a lot of work, but at least I appreciate them.

I have a question though. Will you be changing the USI life support configs to work with the new version, the one without Organics? 

Also, where are the pictures in the IVA TV pulling from? I'm trying to put some more pictures in, but all i'm getting is one screenshot I took long ago.

Thanks! Glad you like the mod. :) I'm not aware of changes in USI-LS, is Organics not used anymore? Pathfinder's greenhouse works differently than USI-LS. Crops take time to grow, and they might fail, have lower than normal yield, and might have better than normal yield.

The IVA TV is pulling from the Screenshots directory. A future update will let you change the directory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Angel-125 said:

I'm not aware of changes in USI-LS, is Organics not used anymore? snip

Yep, organics has been gone for a few months now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lord_Potato said:

Yep, organics has been gone for a few months now.

Ah ok, now I remember. I use Organics in the Cultivator to create Dirt. :) You need Dirt for the greenhouse, which you can either dig up or produce in the Cultivator.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Angel-125 said:

Ah ok, now I remember. I use Organics in the Cultivator to create Dirt. :) You need Dirt for the greenhouse, which you can either dig up or produce in the Cultivator.

You could probably just change it to Mulch. I did that in my configs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lord_Potato said:

You could probably just change it to Mulch. I did that in my configs.

I probably could, but Pathfinder has a different production chain to get Supplies than the baseline USI-LS, and I like how it works. Good that you've adapted it to your liking though. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

I probably could, but Pathfinder has a different production chain to get Supplies than the baseline USI-LS, and I like how it works. Good that you've adapted it to your liking though. :)

Yeah, that's true, but the only way to get Organics with your mod and USI-LS installed is with the watney O-chem module, which is a bit unwieldy just to get a bit of dirt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Not true. As I mentioned you can also Drill for it.

I meant that the only use for organics is being created by the o-chem, and used by the cultivator. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm ok with that for now, it's consistent with how I have set up the other life-support configs. But like I said, if something else works for you, by all means alter the configs in your game. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Almost done with the Hacienda IVA:

w3AjUci.png

hINdW27.png

jKEeTen.png

Just a few more props to build and it'll be done. Then final bug fixes! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Almost done with the Hacienda IVA:

w3AjUci.png

hINdW27.png

jKEeTen.png

Just a few more props to build and it'll be done. Then final bug fixes! :)

Very nice great work

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes you just go so insane from creating a million props for a huge internal space, you just have to take a moment to create a Jet Boat Rover....

yNjbAnw.png

But I got the Hacienda IVA done. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lord_Potato said:

Good thing 1.1 brings 64 bit then. :) 

Actually, the props all fit onto just one texture map, so it's pretty memory efficient. :) But even then I've set things up so that if needed you can delete the IVAs and just use the default stock ones. It'll look terrible but it'll work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Actually, the props all fit onto just one texture map, so it's pretty memory efficient. :) But even then I've set things up so that if needed you can delete the IVAs and just use the default stock ones. It'll look terrible but it'll work.

Oh, cool. I've never tried modding before, so I don't know how textures are stored.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Angel-125 May I ask, In your story Duna Space Program, you made craft like your Booster and aircraft as well as other things. You didn't make them from KIS, so you must have used Extraplanetary Launchpads. How do you do this in Pathfinder? What modules do you need to use?

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, DMSP said:

@Angel-125 May I ask, In your story Duna Space Program, you made craft like your Booster and aircraft as well as other things. You didn't make them from KIS, so you must have used Extraplanetary Launchpads. How do you do this in Pathfinder? What modules do you need to use?

Thanks!

Pathfinder uses the standard production methods from Extraplanetary Launchpads to create RocketParts from Metal. The Ironworks has a converter that goes from MetalOre->Metal and one that goes from Metal->RocketParts. You need to use the Spyglass part to open the Extraplanetary Launchpads construction window. It is based around using the EL survey stakes, which require KIS to install. I'm thinking of a bulky launchpad that you transport to the ground and then level as well, but that's in the planning stages right now. Anyway, the Pathfinder Wiki has the stats on the Spyglass. FYI, the wiki reflects how the mod will be in KSP 1.1, so some stats like converters and the getting started tutorial will be slightly off, and it talks about using Equipment to configure modules instead of the current version's RocketParts. Once the 1.1 update is ready, the wiki will line up with the mod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Sometimes you just go so insane from creating a million props for a huge internal space, you just have to take a moment to create a Jet Boat Rover....

yNjbAnw.png

But I got the Hacienda IVA done. :)

I really want an ice Kream rover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/14/2016 at 11:58 PM, Angel-125 said:

But I got the Hacienda IVA done. :)

And it looks great :)  I like the "days since last accident" sign.  When I do public demonstrations of flintknapping, I have a small whiteboard that says "This has been an accident-free facility for 12 minutes" or some such :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a heads up that I'm down to just fixing the Grizzly wheels and possibly the ladders on the Buffalo. If I can't figure them out in the next day or two then I'll flag them as a known issue and release the mod. I'm kind of waiting on KIS/KAS to stabilize though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/04/2016 at 8:27 PM, Angel-125 said:

Almost done with the Hacienda IVA:

Just a few more props to build and it'll be done. Then final bug fixes! :)

Whoa, now I can't wait for the time when all the IVAs are ready and we can use the internal view to see the insides of a whole base!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Parkaboy said:

Whoa, now I can't wait for the time when all the IVAs are ready and we can use the internal view to see the insides of a whole base!

Me too! I have placeholder IVAs for the Chuckwagon and Doc so you won't have any weird overlays, but I don't think I'll have them done before Pathfinder's KSP 1.1 release. Well technically I could but I want to finish up what I'm working on and make the release available soon. Ideally I'll be ready when KAS/KIS is in a stable release since Pathfinder heavily relies on it.

Edited by Angel-125

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.