[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

Angelo Kerman

OK, I've pulled the latest from GitHub and aside from the version issue, the parts are inflating properly and the lights are coming on:

4QCUZXN.png

I think if you're having problems, don't use CKAN and instead pull directly from GitHub.

I've re-uploaded 0.9.12 with the fixed version file so AVC will stop complaining. You can get it here.

I'll have a small update either late tonight or tomorrow. I'm fixing up Snacks support and will re-add the Pigpen and Greenhouse. Bear in mind that without a life support mod, they'll be mere shells.

3 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

I think if you're having problems, don't use CKAN and instead pull directly from GitHub.

I've re-uploaded 0.9.12 with the fixed version file so AVC will stop complaining. You can get it here.

Yup.  CKAN was the culprit for me.  Came back to it later and looked around before stripping it out and reloading and noticed that all was fine, all was well...except that CKAN just dropped the Pathfinder folder directly into GameData instead of the WildBlue folder.  The AVC file definitely solved that little nag issue too.

As a side note, after seeing the CKAN goof up I pulled it out and tested it again - 3 more times actually - and all 3 times CKAN got it right and put it in the correct location for me.  May have been some kind of fluke on the first install...don't know.  All is well with the world now that I have your wonderful mod back.  Thanks Angel!

Finally got back into KSP, and this mod looked right up my alley.

I can build modules OK, but can't get anyone to enter them (no "board" prompt") by going near a crew hatch.

Is this a known bug? Running on sandbox, tried all 3 Pathfinder modes. Only have this, KIS and KAS installed, all latest.

1 minute ago, goldenpsp said:

You will probably need it.  Unlike KPBS, Pathfinder makes use of CRP.

... That's actually a good point, and the author of Kerbalism said he was going to completely change his system to fit with CRP, so I'll wait till he does that, instead.

47 minutes ago, Deathninja said:

Finally got back into KSP, and this mod looked right up my alley.

I can build modules OK, but can't get anyone to enter them (no "board" prompt") by going near a crew hatch.

Is this a known bug? Running on sandbox, tried all 3 Pathfinder modes. Only have this, KIS and KAS installed, all latest.

Thanks for the bug report. :) Unfortunately KSP 1.1 really threw a monkey wrench into things and it seems I have to change my ladder and airlock triggers into box colliders. I thought I'd fixed it but apparently not. Anyway, check the last part of this post for the latest Pathfinder.

38 minutes ago, lagcity613 said:

I'm going to try and make some patches to support Kerbalism, like I did for KPBS. Wish me luck!

32 minutes ago, goldenpsp said:

You will probably need it.  Unlike KPBS, Pathfinder makes use of CRP.

This is where Pathfinder's Pristine Mode and Simplified Mode can help. You could create your own custom Play Mode that uses Kerbalism as its base. :)

Here's the latest Pathfinder build. Get it here.

- Fixed an issue with the Snacks MM patch
- Fixed ladder and airlock triggers
- By request, the Pigpen and Prairie greenhouse are available even when there is no life support mod installed.

Just stumbled on this mod and I have to say it looks really neat.  I'm getting ready to start a big new modded-out save as soon as everything is updated and I'm thinking this is going to be a big part of it now.  Can't wait.

When I fix kerbals being kloned on boarding spacecraft I'm going to use these on a Munar kolony.  Question, though-where's the best spot to set up a base in terms of resources?  I'm going to add TACLS when it updates on CKAN.

Hmmm. I went ahead and did the Kerbalism patch, but I can't find a good balance. I'm centering it on the smallest buckboard, so whatever value I find that gives it a good amount of storage is what I'll stick with. Does 30 days of food and oxygen sound good?

1 hour ago, Cruzo said:

Just stumbled on this mod and I have to say it looks really neat.  I'm getting ready to start a big new modded-out save as soon as everything is updated and I'm thinking this is going to be a big part of it now.  Can't wait.

Glad you like the mod. :) To help you get started, here is the wiki.

10 minutes ago, plague006 said:

The .version file for the latest release (0.9.13) has KSP_version 1.0.5 set.

Ugh. Too many bells and whistles. Ok, I'll make a new 0.9.13 patch tonight.

51 minutes ago, 19chickens said:

When I fix kerbals being kloned on boarding spacecraft I'm going to use these on a Munar kolony.  Question, though-where's the best spot to set up a base in terms of resources?  I'm going to add TACLS when it updates on CKAN.

That's a tough question to answer, actually, because each game is different. It comes down to using a resource scanner (stock or the TERRAIN) to look for the best resource concentrations. From there, using the narrow band scanner to find the best local spot. Sometimes that spot isn't the best for building bases, so you have a number of options including the Switchback, Saddle/Ponderosa, and the new Conestoga Multipurpose Base Module.

2 minutes ago, lagcity613 said:

Hmmm. I went ahead and did the Kerbalism patch, but I can't find a good balance. I'm centering it on the smallest buckboard, so whatever value I find that gives it a good amount of storage is what I'll stick with. Does 30 days of food and oxygen sound good?

All of Pathfinder's resource containers are actually based upon a standard 5600-liter container. The WBIConvertibleStorage, WBIMultipurposeHab, WBIMultipurposeLab, and WBIMultipurposeStorage modules have a capacityFactor revolving around that 5600-liter standard. A Buckboard 1000 has a capacityFactor is 0.057. So when setting up resources, take that into account. With a 5600-liter standard and a 0.057 capacityFactor, your container will hold a total of 5600 * 0.057 = 319.2 liters.

Hope that helps. :)

10 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Glad you like the mod. :) To help you get started, here is the wiki.

Ugh. Too many bells and whistles. Ok, I'll make a new 0.9.13 patch tonight.

That's a tough question to answer, actually, because each game is different. It comes down to using a resource scanner (stock or the TERRAIN) to look for the best resource concentrations. From there, using the narrow band scanner to find the best local spot. Sometimes that spot isn't the best for building bases, so you have a number of options including the Switchback, Saddle/Ponderosa, and the new Conestoga Multipurpose Base Module.

All of Pathfinder's resource containers are actually based upon a standard 5600-liter container. The WBIConvertibleStorage, WBIMultipurposeHab, WBIMultipurposeLab, and WBIMultipurposeStorage modules have a capacityFactor revolving around that 5600-liter standard. A Buckboard 1000 has a capacityFactor is 0.057. So when setting up resources, take that into account. With a 5600-liter standard and a 0.057 capacityFactor, your container will hold a total of 5600 * 0.057 = 319.2 liters.

Hope that helps. :)

Oh, I found that out looking through the modules, but Kerbalism isn't based on a resource in liters - it's based on 1 to 1 oxygen and food. It's supposed to be much denser, but its resource definition isn't loaded, due to having the same names as CRP's. The author is going to rework to use CRP, but for now if I do it in liters it will be extremely imbalanced.

Edited by lagcity613

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d510f5hjbf66u3b/FoxPathfinderPatch%20-%20Delete%20when%20Kerbalism%20Support%20is%20added%21.7z?dl=0

Here you go! It -should- work, adds an entertainment center, adds Kerbalism's greenhouse module to the Prairie greenhouse, and increases its efficiency a bit, and of course adds food and oxygen storage. For oxygen production, just use the watney chemlab already in the mod.

15 minutes ago, lagcity613 said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d510f5hjbf66u3b/FoxPathfinderPatch%20-%20Delete%20when%20Kerbalism%20Support%20is%20added%21.7z?dl=0

Here you go! It -should- work, adds an entertainment center, adds Kerbalism's greenhouse module to the Prairie greenhouse, and increases its efficiency a bit, and of course adds food and oxygen storage. For oxygen production, just use the watney chemlab already in the mod.

Added a link to your patch on the first page. Thanks for making that! :)

2 hours ago, 19chickens said:

A couple of things for you...foremost, be aware that Taranis Elsu is no longer updating TACLS ;.; but has said there is interest from someone in picking it up and continuing it forward since it is so well liked in the community.  Unfortunately this means there is no telling how long we may be waiting to get TACLS for 1.1.  A suggestion would be to at least give the USI-LS option a try.  It makes integration extremely seamless and easy with all of Angel's mods, KPBS and of course the USI suite.  Personally, up til now, I've preferred TACLS also, but I'm currently using USI-LS because unlike TACLS, RoverDude has started incorporating other life support features - namely habitation and long term effects of living in cramped quarters.  He is also experimenting with having to deal with radiation exposure as a potential feature making the suite a little more rigorous than just supplies.  Just a thought...

As for your questions about base locations...I can't recall setting up a Mun base that was close to the capabilities of a Minmus location primarily due to resource concentrations. They tend to be more tightly packed due to its smaller size making coordination between multiple sites easier.  Furthermore, the far lower gravity makes transporting resources to a main facility simple thru short distance sub-orbital hops.  Last but not least, building a launch site on Minmus (via EPL) for interplanetary journeys means a huge savings on fuel costs, again because of the gravity differences.  Just my 2 cents and I hope it helps.  Good luck!

7 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Thanks for the bug report. :) Unfortunately KSP 1.1 really threw a monkey wrench into things and it seems I have to change my ladder and airlock triggers into box colliders. I thought I'd fixed it but apparently not. Anyway, check the last part of this post for the latest Pathfinder.

Working like a charm for the round hatches now, still having an issue with the box one (Ponderosa?) but tend to use the 4-way box instead (the light one w/ a little solar panel on top).

Another thing I've noticed is that when trying to transfer crew selecting the base shows all of them in the bottom right HUD, but you can't transfer them ("home" module in orange, rest are blus, if that helps). Not a deal breaker though.

Having a bit of trouble with resources; No processor in the Strip miner module (Habanero? Nah, whatever, I suck at Spanish :P) but an engineer in there can make it extract ore via R-Click menu. No option to modify drill (does nothing) so I can't see how to get dirt.

Appreciate that a lot of this might be 1.1 shenanigans (not played much for about...two years? It's all new) so just throwing anything out here I can't grok from the wiki, if there's a more appropriate thread then let me know.

2 minutes ago, SpaceBadger007 said:

Is this mod compatible/supported with the kerbalism mod?

Probably not.  Kerbalism has a direct conflict with the Community resource pack, so any mod that utilizes CRP is gonna butt heads with it.

On 24/04/2016 at 2:35 AM, Angel-125 said:

Thanks for the modding guide, I think it'll definitely help. :) One suggestion I had was to create tutorials or have more screenshots showing how EL's parts are set up in Unity. For visual folks like me, having a picture associated with the part module fields would really help. :)

Yeah, tuts and pics will come sometime. There's also the converter and extractor modules, and the experience effects to document. I'm glad even what's there now is of help.

i think i found a bug, I am playing ksp 1.1 on 64 bit and whenever i mouse over a pathfinder part in the vab the game crashes...

list of mods are... MOLE, pathfinder, Buffalo, KIS/KAS, KJR, KAC, TST, SSTU, Tundra exploration, Mechjeb, surface experiment package, NFS, Habtech, DMOS, Kerbal Engineer, module manager and CRP.

and if you want logs, how do i get them?        

Edited by SpaceBadger007