[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

Angelo Kerman

20 hours ago, helaeon said:

Have you tried running timewarp? Sometimes when you come out of time warp, especially high warp, the game will re-do the altitude & position calculations.
Another thing to do is attach landing legs then do the suborbital landed thing you did. I used to always have problems with bases without legs. Lately, less so, but around 1.2 and before I had to always have legs on the rigid parts.

Timewarp set the base parallel to the ground; it was still levitating, though. When I came out of timewarp, it proceeded to tilt to one side like it had been before. So, no effect.

I'll try the landing leg thing next. 

So i tried to replicate the omni bug with a fresh install but it wouldent do it, thow i have noticed if you have several converters then reconfugure to a template the cost is the template cost plus the individual converters cost...

i do think my bug may have been caused by the fact that classic stock mode was enabled some how and i didnt realise, i only clicked when i was using the workshop and it was asking for gemstones.... but it seems good now!

Oh and there is a conflict somewhere with tac and the greenhouses not doing anything, im gonna try and weed out why, im not sure whats causing that again!

11 hours ago, Space Kadet said:

So i tried to replicate the omni bug with a fresh install but it wouldent do it, thow i have noticed if you have several converters then reconfugure to a template the cost is the template cost plus the individual converters cost...

i do think my bug may have been caused by the fact that classic stock mode was enabled some how and i didnt realise, i only clicked when i was using the workshop and it was asking for gemstones.... but it seems good now!

Oh and there is a conflict somewhere with tac and the greenhouses not doing anything, im gonna try and weed out why, im not sure whats causing that again!

Well at least some of it is sorted out...

Meanwhile, with the observatory exterior done, I'm working on the IVA:

phcLDck.jpg

I'm trying to save time by reusing the Castillo IVA. Here you can see the observatory's computer lab. Somebody suggested that they're playing D&D tourney style... :)

12 hours ago, shdwlrd said:

Looks like a proper control/conference room.

Where they are doing tournament D&D, no doubt...

Hey quick question - what determines the efficacy rates of my structures? For example, right now I've got Swamp Castle working on Kerbin printing up equipment at 45%; what determines that percentage? If that determination is a big secret, I can live with that, but I would like someone saying "it's a secret to everybody" (and then hand me ten rupees). And if it's in plain sight somewhere, I sure would appreciate a link.

8 minutes ago, capi3101 said:

Where they are doing tournament D&D, no doubt...

Hey quick question - what determines the efficacy rates of my structures? For example, right now I've got Swamp Castle working on Kerbin printing up equipment at 45%; what determines that percentage? If that determination is a big secret, I can live with that, but I would like someone saying "it's a secret to everybody" (and then hand me ten rupees). And if it's in plain sight somewhere, I sure would appreciate a link.

Converters benefit from having engineers staff the part. There are also efficiency bonuses that you can research in the geology lab. And the converters are based on the stock game ISRU, it it has some secret factors as well.

K. So right now what's limiting the base is the fact that it has a single, one-star engineer and I've done none of the Geology Lab experiments, is that pretty much it? Would adding a second one-star engineer have an effect?

Sounds like it's time for me to start printing up some Research Kits...

20 minutes ago, capi3101 said:

K. So right now what's limiting the base is the fact that it has a single, one-star engineer and I've done none of the Geology Lab experiments, is that pretty much it? Would adding a second one-star engineer have an effect?

Sounds like it's time for me to start printing up some Research Kits...

Your engineer would need to reside in the part itself if I recall correctly, but yeah.

I'm having trouble with the inflatable parts. Specifically, I can't disable the equipment costs. When I open up the Pathfinder settings, the 'Cheat' button does nothing, and there's no other options. Trying to press Alt+P, as the popup message says, doesn't bring up any options either.

3 hours ago, TheDeinonychus said:

I'm having trouble with the inflatable parts. Specifically, I can't disable the equipment costs. When I open up the Pathfinder settings, the 'Cheat' button does nothing, and there's no other options. Trying to press Alt+P, as the popup message says, doesn't bring up any options either.

Which version of Pathfinder are you using and what's the mode in which you're playing?

11 hours ago, capi3101 said:

Which version of Pathfinder are you using and what's the mode in which you're playing?

Ok, so after spending way too long crawling through the thread, turns out someone else had run into this issue before, and was told that the settings were no longer part of the toolbar button's menu (as the wiki and in-game messages still claim), but rather in the difficulty settings you have to change when creating a new game. Meaning they can't be changed while playing an already started game. Fortunately, I did manage to locate the settings file for my saved game, and after some fiddling was able to change things to my liking. I would like to suggest to Angel that he should probably change the in-game messages and the wiki to reflect that the in-game settings menu is no longer there, and that you need to make changes before starting a game. Would probably help prevent confusion for anyone else. 

6 hours ago, TheDeinonychus said:

Ok, so after spending way too long crawling through the thread, turns out someone else had run into this issue before, and was told that the settings were no longer part of the toolbar button's menu (as the wiki and in-game messages still claim), but rather in the difficulty settings you have to change when creating a new game. Meaning they can't be changed while playing an already started game. Fortunately, I did manage to locate the settings file for my saved game, and after some fiddling was able to change things to my liking. I would like to suggest to Angel that he should probably change the in-game messages and the wiki to reflect that the in-game settings menu is no longer there, and that you need to make changes before starting a game. Would probably help prevent confusion for anyone else. 

actually if you hit escape at the ksc and go into settings you can change the difficulty of mods in there, including resources oru skills to reconfigure

Working at on the factory...

VHwDqZB.jpg

The Castillo Factory is the equivalent of the Hacienda- and then some. Its Omni Converters are more efficient, there are more of them, and it generates efficiency bonuses (moved from the current Castillo). The more you staff the factory, the higher the bonus. It will also have support for OSE Workshop and EL's workshop.

1 minute ago, Angel-125 said:

Working at on the factory...

VHwDqZB.jpg

The Castillo Factory is the equivalent of the Hacienda- and then some. Its Omni Converters are more efficient, there are more of them, and it generates efficiency bonuses (moved from the current Castillo). The more you staff the factory, the higher the bonus. It will also have support for OSE Workshop and EL's workshop.

will it have omni converters in CRP? I noticed i lost them when i corrected my save from Classic to CRP

4 minutes ago, Space Kadet said:

will it have omni converters in CRP? I noticed i lost them when i corrected my save from Classic to CRP

I don't have CRP support for Omni Converters as that's a bit much for me to do. But they're not that hard to make yourself if you want to; just copy the ones from Classic Stock and replace the resource names from their equivalents from CRP. I've moved away from CRP myself because their resource changes adversely affect my mods.

1 minute ago, Angel-125 said:

I don't have CRP support for Omni Converters as that's a bit much for me to do. But they're not that hard to make yourself if you want to; just copy the ones from Classic Stock and replace the resource names from their equivalents from CRP. I've moved away from CRP myself because their resource changes adversely affect my mods.

fair play, i use alot of stuff that relys on it. in that case can you put the ironworks, clockworks and brewworks under one template? i have insane ideas that im waiting for this update for :D

and it goes without saying but these look great!

I'm doing pretty well in CRP mode without omni-anything my own self. Even came up with a novel solution for that 'floating base' problem I'm still experiencing...

bRLYaOP.png

tOh8f0D.png
I've heard that the anecdote about the Russians just using a pencil is a myth. Maybe, but the lesson about using the simplest approach to solve a problem inherent in it is still quite valid.

The one thing that is getting me though is the lack of connection nodes corresponding to the exterior doors on the Pondarosa, Casa, Hacidena, Doc and Chuckwagon; those were all there in 1.4.5 but they've disappeared with 1.5.1 (CRP mode in both cases). I think that might be a contributing factor to my floating bases; anybody else seeing the same thing?

I suppose that could be more related to the changes to KAS/KIS.

Also noticed that the labels on this same set of structures are toggled to off by default. That one's more of an annoyance than anything; still thought I'd mention it. Using Pathfinder 1.31.1.0 in CRP mode with KSP 1.5.1.

while im randomly asking for stuff i had a wierd ide for a part for these large parts kind of like a L bracket, so you attach it to the side of something, e.g. the side ports on the conestoga, and its shape is down and out (L shape against the attachment point) and you place one of the large modules on it (bottom of the l) when activated it moves the lare part out to the normal attachment distance so when you build them, they look connected normally to the first part (or the l bracket if it has some substance.

the idea being you could land a base remotly without kerbals, so its in place and ready to go when they got there. 

this is just an idea, im not attached to it. but i thought id say it!

Edited by Space Kadet

9 minutes ago, Space Kadet said:

while im randomly asking for stuff i had a wierd ide for a part for these large parts kind of like a L bracket, so you attach it to the side of something, e.g. the side ports on the conestoga, and its shape is down and out (L shape against the attachment point) and you place one of the large modules on it (bottom of the l) when activated it moves the lare part out to the normal attachment distance so when you build them, they look connected normally to the first part (or the l bracket if it has some substance.

the idea being you could land a base remotly without kerbals, so its in place and ready to go when they got there. 

this is just an idea, im not attached to it. but i thought id say it!

I had a different idea in mind for setting up bases remotely without kerbals:

nasa-announces-winners-for-latest-round-

The Sandcastle 3D printer. :)

Edited by Angel-125