[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

Angelo Kerman

14 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

The Wiki is here, but currently doesn't list USI-LS values. Pathfinder modules do have living space as well as wear. Take a look at MM_USILC.cfg in the Pathfinder/ModuleManagerPatches folder. It has the info you need. :)

I couldn't find any mention of livingspace in that cfg or in the cfg of the parts. I guess I'm stuck using the the two MKS parts. I even checked, it really is called livingspace in the MKS part's cfg.

I think I ran in to a bug with the mini drill.  Its not getting the WBIDrillSwitcher module added.  Looking at the MM_DrillSSwitcher.cfg  file it looks like the syntax is incorrect.  It should probably be

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleResourceHarvester],!MODULE[WBIDrillSwitcher]]

Relatedly my drill had an extend and core sample option (and option to change resource after the above change), but no option to start harvesting.  I was able to modify the save file to force the option to show up in the UI, after which everything seems to work as expected.  Unfortunately I didn't think to keep a copy of my save from before editing.

18 hours ago, Luovahulluus said:

I couldn't find any mention of livingspace in that cfg or in the cfg of the parts. I guess I'm stuck using the the two MKS parts. I even checked, it really is called livingspace in the MKS part's cfg.

Unfortunately I don't know enough about USI-LS livingspace. Can you provide examples?

16 hours ago, jenden said:

I think I ran in to a bug with the mini drill.  Its not getting the WBIDrillSwitcher module added.  Looking at the MM_DrillSSwitcher.cfg  file it looks like the syntax is incorrect.  It should probably be

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleResourceHarvester],!MODULE[WBIDrillSwitcher]]

Relatedly my drill had an extend and core sample option (and option to change resource after the above change), but no option to start harvesting.  I was able to modify the save file to force the option to show up in the UI, after which everything seems to work as expected.  Unfortunately I didn't think to keep a copy of my save from before editing.

Awesome, I'll fix that in the next release. :)

6 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Unfortunately I don't know enough about USI-LS livingspace. Can you provide examples?

Actually, it's an MKS thing. The wiki page explaining the usage of Livingspace variable is here: https://github.com/BobPalmer/MKS/wiki/Efficiency-and-Load#crewEfficiency. In short, having enough Livingspace makes the Kerbals happy, which in turn makes them productive i.e. the efficiency of the part goes up. There are two parts that have Livingspace, the OKS Habitation Ring and MK-V Habitation Module. They have a code like this in the part's .cfg:

MODULE
    {
        name = MKSModule
        workSpace = 0
        livingSpace = 10
        hasGenerators = false
    }

Livingspace and Workspace are never referenced in-game, which is a strange design decision IMO, but they are still used to calculate efficiency.

Edited by Luovahulluus

9 hours ago, Luovahulluus said:

Actually, it's an MKS thing. The wiki page explaining the usage of Livingspace variable is here: https://github.com/BobPalmer/MKS/wiki/Efficiency-and-Load#crewEfficiency. In short, having enough Livingspace makes the Kerbals happy, which in turn makes them productive i.e. the efficiency of the part goes up. There are two parts that have Livingspace, the OKS Habitation Ring and MK-V Habitation Module. They have a code like this in the part's .cfg:

MODULE
    {
        name = MKSModule
        workSpace = 0
        livingSpace = 10
        hasGenerators = false
    }

Livingspace and Workspace are never referenced in-game, which is a strange design decision IMO, but they are still used to calculate efficiency.

Ah, that explains it. Pathfinder supports USI-LS but not MKS; it would be too much work for me to support both my own mod and MKS- it has a lot of bells and whistles from what I remember. But you could easily add living space to your game by editing the MM_USILS.cfg file to add that MKSModule in, or use the file as a basis to create your own patch for MKS. I'm sure there are other modules that you'd need.

39 minutes ago, Rafael acevedo said:

Here is a base I built with KBPS, Pathfinder and the Malemute Rover, hope you all like it,:cool:

Wow! Looks great! :) How are you attaching the Pathfinder parts to KPBS? Any issues?

Squad help me, now that I slogged through the latest MOLE release, I'll be focusing on getting the Doc IVA done next, and doing some experimental programming towards that story I wrote. :)

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

Wow! Looks great! :) How are you attaching the Pathfinder parts to KPBS? Any issues?

Squad help me, now that I slogged through the latest MOLE release, I'll be focusing on getting the Doc IVA done next, and doing some experimental programming towards that story I wrote. :)

No issues, I have built it on location using kis, but in this particular base I built it oa the VAB, here it is

iN9qkBh.png

I found a bug. Using the homestead (this is in simplified mode) while playing sandbox, in the vab I cant manage operations at all, when I click on the button it will not come up. And when its outside it wont inflate at all! If you want logs, i have no idea how to get them from steam so if someone could point me in the right direction that would be awesome!

Edited by SpaceBadger007

18 hours ago, SpaceBadger007 said:

I found a bug. Using the homestead (this is in simplified mode) while playing sandbox, in the vab I cant manage operations at all, when I click on the button it will not come up. And when its outside it wont inflate at all! If you want logs, i have no idea how to get them from steam so if someone could point me in the right direction that would be awesome!

Don't know why this one keeps coming up, I'll take a look for the next update. Thanks for the report. :)

1 hour ago, DDE said:

Hey, @Angel-125, do you know what this mod is missing? A way to produce Uranium for, say, @Nertea's reactors.

Not a bad idea. :) I'll look into that, thanks for the suggestion. :)

21 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Not a bad idea. :) I'll look into that, thanks for the suggestion. :)

My thought is that you can toss it into the same facilities as Fusion Pellets. Both processes by and large use centrifuges to separate isotopes, it's just that Uraninite (?) conversion into raw yellowcake material also involves some pretty nasty chemicals.

Plus I don't plan to use your fusion rocketry :sticktongue:

4 minutes ago, DDE said:

My thought is that you can toss it into the same facilities as Fusion Pellets. Both processes by and large use centrifuges to separate isotopes, it's just that Uraninite (?) conversion into raw yellowcake material also involves some pretty nasty chemicals.

Plus I don't plan to use your fusion rocketry :sticktongue:

Heresy! :wink: A bug on you (and everybody because I haven't fixed the bugs yet...). No worries, all I need to do is figure out the densities of Uranite and Uranium and poke around until I get some conversion numbers that make sense. And besides, DSEV will eventually get an NTR that requires Uranium.

1 minute ago, Angel-125 said:

Heresy! :wink: A bug on you (and everybody because I haven't fixed the bugs yet...). No worries, all I need to do is figure out the densities of Uranite and Uranium and poke around until I get some conversion numbers that make sense. And besides, DSEV will eventually get an NTR that requires Uranium.

You can take a look at UKS for inspiration, probably - they have a couple of parts that do that conversion.  (Quick chart here: https://github.com/BobPalmer/MKS/wiki/Converters#nuclear-power )

First I want to say THANK YOU!  I started a Career Game with Pathfinder last week and am having a ton of fun.  If only things would stop exploding when I put them on the ground...  Well that’s someone else’s problem.

I do have a small issue the the "DOC" Lab module.  It won't go into any storage containers.  Do I have a setting wrong somewhere?  Need a lab for my new MunBase 1.

Thanks again.

19 hours ago, DiceCaller said:

First I want to say THANK YOU!  I started a Career Game with Pathfinder last week and am having a ton of fun.  If only things would stop exploding when I put them on the ground...  Well that’s someone else’s problem.

I do have a small issue the the "DOC" Lab module.  It won't go into any storage containers.  Do I have a setting wrong somewhere?  Need a lab for my new MunBase 1.

Thanks again.

I'll take a look. Not sure why it wouldn't fit.

@Angel-125 Hi dude, I've been wondering why my Shuttle always launches as a "Base" type instead of "Ship" and even after changing the type it reverts back after docking procedures. Same happens to my station, and it messed up my Bases & Stations contracts. Turned out that when undocking or launching the game looks for a VesselType node in the part configs and sets that type to the vessel according to hierarchy and the culprit was a Buckboard. Some of your parts clearly shouldn't belong to the "Base" VesselType category. It is the highest type in the hierarchy. Any vessel containing such parts automatically becomes a "Base" on launch and after undocking.

Here's the list of your parts with "vesselType = Base" node:

vmy6hf7.jpg

I would delete the node in Buckboards, GrapplerArm, ScannerArm, Mineshaft, Captstone, TunnelExtender. But you know your parts better. In the end if you can imagine the parts with "Base" type used in ships and stations, then this node is unnecessary and will only bring headaches to the users who care about vessel types.

@Rafael acevedo Awesome base! Love the garages for rovers, but what about landers? :3

P64cDX7.jpg

Edited by Enceos

51 minutes ago, Enceos said:

@Rafael acevedo Awesome base! Love the garages for rovers, but what about landers? :3

P64cDX7.jpg

thanks for the kind comments, my landers have been recovered or sent back to space ( I do this to save memory and keep fps up). I will post pictures on my tri, and dual landers. Obtw , love your landing pads, every time i set one up I get hit by the kraken.:D

23 minutes ago, Rafael acevedo said:

thanks for the kind comments, my landers have been recovered or sent back to space ( I do this to save memory and keep fps up). I will post pictures on my tri, and dual landers. Obtw , love your landing pads, every time i set one up I get hit by the kraken.:D

They don't like being attached to the base while attached to the surface at the same time. So to avoid summoning the Kraken I place them separately or don't attach them to the surface.

@Enceos I'll update the parts next update, thanks for the info. :)

@Rafael acevedo Nice looking base! I like the landing pad too. :)

Those landing pads remind me of this:

6099px2.jpg

Used to play with those and other classic lego space when I was a kid. :)

@Enceos I'll update the parts next update, thanks for the info. :)

@Rafael acevedo Nice looking base! I like the landing pad too. :)

Those landing pads remind me of this:

6099px2.jpg

Used to play with those and other classic lego space when I was a kid. :)

Yes, they were great. To bad you can only find them onlin. As an adult friend of Lego feel free to check out my builds and those of CPT Sierra at moc pages

@Angel-125 I like your WBI Monitors so much dude :), I have some persisting questions: are they hookable to a camera? How does 'random picture' feature works?

Currently the transparent background of PNG files is displayed in white, is it possible to make that transparent? I'm asking because I had an idea of making a placeable decal platform so we could paint our wings and ships with pictures and stuff.

5 hours ago, Enceos said:

@Angel-125 I like your WBI Monitors so much dude :), I have some persisting questions: are they hookable to a camera? How does 'random picture' feature works?

Currently the transparent background of PNG files is displayed in white, is it possible to make that transparent? I'm asking because I had an idea of making a placeable decal platform so we could paint our wings and ships with pictures and stuff.

Glad you like them. :) I created the internal IVA monitors originally to give my stock IVAs some functionality, then created the external ones to help @Kuzzter with his desires to create a playable bridge for his Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey story. To answer your questions:

1. The monitors have the potential to be hooked into a camera, but I currently lack the knowledge I need to make them work. I tried to base my attempt on the CactEye code but it didn't work too well, so at least I know it's possible. At some point when my mods are more fleshed out I'll revisit that feature.

2. The random picture works by utilizing the random number generator found in Unity. When the module starts, it scans your Screenshots folder (eventually you'll be able to specify another folder) and finds all the images there. With random turned on, a random image is selected from the list of files. Since KSP doesn't load images in the Screenshots folder automatically like it does with mesh textures, the monitor then loads the image for display. You can find the code that does this here and here.

3. To make a transparent background, you need to use a different material than the one that the monitor uses. Specifically you need to use KSP/Difuse/Alpha/Cutoff (not sure what the material is in the new part tools as I haven't converted over to them yet).

@Kuzzter uses a mod that has decals in it so I know that your idea is possible. What would really make it versatile would be to have the ability to load images from disk (just look at the monitor code for that), and even better, the ability to rasterize a font into an image on the fly (I used to remember how to do that..) so that you can make name plates based upon the ship's name. Just an idea. :)

Anyway,  hope that helps. :) If you have any questions, please let me know.