[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

Angelo Kerman

1 minute ago, Angel-125 said:

Lol! :) Btw, how does KIS calculate how far to position a part when attaching it to a node on another part?

A ray is projected from screen mouse position to the part's surface under the pointer. The hit point is the attach position. In order to figure out the orientation a hit normal vector is used. Be aware of hitting the ground: it works really weird at VAB and SPH launchpads, and hit points may become really wrong.

31 minutes ago, DiceCaller said:

I found this for a little inspiration;

(Ignore @RoverDude 's Karibou Rover in the korner... >grin<)

Looks like the Karibou has Mountain Goat wheels, too. :) Definitely saving that for reference. It will be awhile before I get the printed base parts into the game; right now I'm just working out the coding needed to spawn parts and attach them. Once that's done, I have a few new parts to create. Definitely making progress though! :)

10 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

@IgorZ My initial attempts to create a part and couple it to another part have been met with some rather amusing results:

LXF9cn7.png

I can successfully create and automatically couple the part like so:

This is of course experimental test code. Anyway, the expansion part is created and attached to the "createdPart" but I think the location is off. Not sure how KIS figured out how to attach a part to a stack node with the correct distance between them. If I can figure that out, then that's a significant piece of the puzzle. :)

Just to clarify: We're not going to have to brave the gates of hell to get our parts, right?  :wink:

Ran into a slight problem with the DocSciLab when trying to put it into a larger KIS container. Somehow, it won't recognize as a part that is supposed to go into the container. It won't give a weight warning or anything. It just won't go. I was looking at the code and it appears to be in line with the other KIS configs. Unless you did some kung-fu to not have this part go into containers?

5 minutes ago, ComatoseJedi said:

Ran into a slight problem with the DocSciLab when trying to put it into a larger KIS container. Somehow, it won't recognize as a part that is supposed to go into the container. It won't give a weight warning or anything. It just won't go. I was looking at the code and it appears to be in line with the other KIS configs. Unless you did some kung-fu to not have this part go into containers?

Known issue with KIS. @IgorZ is aware of the issue as well. :)

11 hours ago, taniwha said:

Just a heads-up that EL 5.4.0 (for KSP 1.1.3) is out now. It even includes some very rudimentary documentation.

Yay! :) Thanks for letting me know. :) I've made more progress on the Doc Science Lab, the basic set design is almost done. I have some props to make, and with luck I'll have it done later this week. I might do the Spyglass IVA too before the next release, we'll see.

4shMVFp.png

hfsoTSA.png

13 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

NOICE!!! :D

Now you wanna do IVAs for a couple of MY parts?...lol

Lol, I really don't like making IVAs, but I'll be glad when they're done. Really helps give the mod life. But once I get them all done I can get going on the end-game 3D printed parts.

5 hours ago, taniwha said:

Ooh, I like that Spyglass IVA. Very nice. Now to pop it on the front of a spherical tank and add a pair of large hexagonal solar panels to the sides :wink:

That sounds like a like a cool idea. :) The new Spyglass IVA should catch the part up with your latest EL release. :)

Edited by Angel-125

1 minute ago, Angel-125 said:

Lol, I really don't like making IVAs, but I'll be glad when they're done. Really helps give the mod life. But once I get them all done I can get going on the end-game 3D printed parts.

Yes, IVA's absolutely take "habitable" parts to a whole new level...

I'm just learning basic modelling, but when I'm ready to try an IVA, I thought I might try it with ZZZ's Habitation/Storage Hubs,,, I already have the layouts planned...

So I see many of your props would be PERFECT to use... Are they open-licensed?... Have you thought about releaseing them separately, like alexustas did with ASET Props?

Get 0.9.28 here!

ZEuLyY8.png

The Doc and Spyglass finally get their IVAs! Just two more to go, then Pathfinder will finally be 1.0 complete!

New Parts
- Added the Buffalo ISRU, built from the stock mini ISRU. It has several configurations to choose from.
- Added the Flex Fuel Power Pack. The Power Pack is a 2U part that has solar panels and also a generator that can burn Ore, MonoPropellant, or LiquidFuel & Oxidizer. Power output varies depending upon the configuration.

IVAs
- Added IVA to the Doc Science Lab.
- Added IVA to the Spyglass.

Tundra & Wagon Parts
- The Tundra 200 and 400, as well as the Wagon, can now become a resource distributor or consumer. As a distributor, the storage part shares its resources. As a consumer, it fills its resources from the distribution system until full.

Hacienda
- Added an industrial greenhouse template to the Hacienda, because pandas chew through a lot of bamboo. Thanks for the idea, @TheReadPanda! :)

Contracts
- Added a first stab at contracts for the Ponderosa, Casa, Hacienda, Conestoga, Chuckwagon, and Doc.

Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue where converters weren't benefiting from research projects in the geology lab.

Edited by Angel-125

Hey Angel, something to look for/potential bug.

When water is actively in any inventory on a pathfinder field base, the temperature of the hottest base part (usually the cooling tower) spikes to 600+ kelvin.  This is regardless of open or closed cycle cooling and only if there is water IN an inventory.  If all water inventories are empty, temperature returns to the 300 kelvin range.

50 minutes ago, AdmiralTigerclaw said:

Hey Angel, something to look for/potential bug.

When water is actively in any inventory on a pathfinder field base, the temperature of the hottest base part (usually the cooling tower) spikes to 600+ kelvin.  This is regardless of open or closed cycle cooling and only if there is water IN an inventory.  If all water inventories are empty, temperature returns to the 300 kelvin range.

Wow, that's weird! I don't do anything special with water, so it is likely a KSP issue of some sort.

1 minute ago, Yuri kagarin56 said:

There is no link to the wiki from there.

I just realized that myself.  I went to double check it and make sure all was well and realized it isn't... @Angel-125 The GitHub 'wiki' link goes nowhere but the main GitHub page and the link on the 1st page is going straight to the main page also...hrrrmmmm....

Edited by rasta013