[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

Angelo Kerman

I believe that the state of the template files as downloaded is for Classic Stock Play Mode. If user was playing in another mode before updating their WIB folder, then the Play Modes will not be synced properly. I suggest adding a valid Play Mode to the download, set to Classic would ease many problems that users might have experienced during recent updates.

This may seem like a stupid question, but here I go. Since CRP isn't working, does classic stock change the way the Pathfinder works? I understand that between the two the resources and production chains differ, but the overall functionality for Pathfinder should remain the same. Am I correct?

32 minutes ago, shdwlrd said:

This may seem like a stupid question, but here I go. Since CRP isn't working, does classic stock change the way the Pathfinder works? I understand that between the two the resources and production chains differ, but the overall functionality for Pathfinder should remain the same. Am I correct?

Correct, and I have repeatedly verified that the mod’s resource chains are working. I use them in my own game.

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

Correct, and I have repeatedly verified that the mod’s resource chains are working. I use them in my own game.

Cool, I can continue testing different base transport and setup techniques. 

So, I'm still having some problems figuring out how to use the mod, though I did go through all the release notes and a great many of my questions were answered. Here's my question - if I wanted to fill a container unit full of Equipment in the VAB/SPH, how do I go about doing that? So far the usual "right-click on the part to see what options it gives you" doesn't seem to be working for me. Using Lite Blue (and still can't figure things out).

Immediate goal is to successfully unpack a Hogan at KSC just for the hell of it.

Any help from anybody would be greatly appreciated.

Okay - I have my configuration set to Lite Blue. Haven't touched it since I made that change. Previous session of the game, I was able to go ahead and change things up in the individual parts in the VAB/SPH and had myself a pretty nice looking little base sitting over the piano keys at KSC 09. I wanted to fiddle with it a little more, so I went into the game again. All those wonderful VAB buttons were gone...

Also have noted that ModuleManager all of a sudden doesn't want to load from cache. May or may not be relevant, couldn't say how. 

KSP Log file. Has anybody else reported this kind of behavior from the mod recently? Is there any other information y'all need?

EDIT: Just finished another session; mod was working this time. Log file. I'll continue to watch to see if this "switching on, switching off" behavior continues; only mod I'm running that's doing this is Pathfinder.

Edited by capi3101

Some screenies of what I'm seeing / what's going on:

tZpX1Jy.png

95dseYu.png%C2%A0

These two images were taken from the game last night; the "switching on, switching off" behavior continued, so the mod was non-functional. The Buckboard is showing the generic Wild Blue logo, and you can see the options I've got available to me in the SPH.

jhJQCnD.png

gqx88G5.png%C2%A0

And this was just this morning; mod was working as expected. Note that the number of Module Manager patches applied is different, the proper logos are showing on the Pondarosa and Buckboard, and all the SPH options are there. I've made absolutely no changes to my KSP build since installing Pathfinder and the only configuration change within the mod I've done was switch over to Lite Blue a few days ago.

Any ideas on what's going on?

51 minutes ago, capi3101 said:

Any ideas on what's going on?

I'm going to guess that something happened to force MM to reload all patches instead of loading everything from the cache. Did you update MM?

1 minute ago, shdwlrd said:

I'm going to guess that something happened to force MM to reload all patches instead of loading everything from the cache. Did you update MM?

No, I haven't. Currently running MM 3.0.7 on KSP 1.4.5; only one instance of MM in my GameData folder. I'll try the update to 3.1.0 just to see if that helps matters.

3 hours ago, capi3101 said:

No, I haven't. Currently running MM 3.0.7 on KSP 1.4.5; only one instance of MM in my GameData folder. I'll try the update to 3.1.0 just to see if that helps matters.

It probably won't matter, but it doesn't hurt to try right? I don't know how much MM plays into the configuration of Pathfinder.

15 minutes ago, shdwlrd said:

It probably won't matter, but it doesn't hurt to try right? I don't know how much MM plays into the configuration of Pathfinder.

MM is vital in order to Pathfinder and many other of my mods. My suggestion is to clean the MM caches before installing Pathfinder, and make sure to copy all files in the zip over to their corresponding locations in the GameData folder. If you are using CRP, follow the directions on the OP to change the Play Mode. Pathfinder defaults to Classic Stock.

Updating MM to 3.1.0 had no effect. Will clean the cache and try a clean Pathfinder install and let y'all know what happens.

I do have CRP installed (it's a dependency for InterstellarFuelSwitch, alas). But as I stated earlier today, I've been running Pathfinder in Lite Blue. 

EDIT: While I'm at it, maybe I should be using Pathfinder 1.30.1 instead of 1.29... :huh::mad::huh::sealed:
Noob mistake; my sincere apologies on that one. I'll be somewhat annoyed with myself if the problem goes away...though I really do want it to go away......conflicted here.

Edited by capi3101
had the MM version number wrong.

Okay...so with 1.30.1 and MM 3.1.0, I can manage operations in CRP and Lite Blue modes. Only thing that I still can't get to configure properly are the Buckboards:

l0YkQrI.png

BUP3YsL.png

There have been a few others recently - @RocketSquid and @shdwlrd in the last five pages of this thread - who have indicated issues with the Buckboards getting stuck in KIS storage mode only. At this point, I'm thinking 'mod conflict' of some kind. I think it would behoove the three of us to post our GameData directories to look for similarities and narrow down the possibilities; I know RocketSquid already did that a few pages back. Here's mine:

dzXo5uP.png

On the off chance that it's CRP at the heart of the matter, I'm running CRP version 0.10.0. I'm going to try a fresh reinstall from RoverDude's github repo and see if that gets the Buckboards working.

EDIT: @Angel-125, which version of CRP is CRP mode designed for at the moment, out of curiosity? I noted I was running CRP 0.10.0, I've rolled back to 0.9.0 (haven't yet had the chance to see what this will do), but I also noticed in RoverDude's change log that apparently there was a 0.11.0 release back in June. It might make a difference. Same question for @RocketSquid and @shdwrld - what CRP version are y'all running right now?

Edited by capi3101

2 minutes ago, capi3101 said:

Didn't, and that was with a fresh install. I'll try removing it entirely (and Interstellar Fuel Switch) to see if that has an effect.

CRP doesn't actually "do" anything.  It is just a collection of config files that define resources.

11 hours ago, goldenpsp said:

CRP doesn't actually "do" anything.  It is just a collection of config files that define resources.

Didn't see this post before I tried it; you're right, removing CRP had no effect. At least it and IFS have both been cleared as the source of the problem, which is nice to know - means I can keep my current warp ship design as is...

I guess next I'll see what other similarities there are between RocketSquid's build and mine.

EDIT: Comparing the lists, here's what both of us are using - 
000_ClickThroughBlocker
001_ToolbarControl
CommunityCategoryKit
CRP
Firespitter
IFS
KAS
KER
KIS
TriggerTech (KAC, TransferWindowPlanner)
UmbraSpaceIndustries (WarpDrive)
WildBlue
Workshop

It's probably safe to assume that WildBlue isn't the source of the Buckboard problem, and I was experiencing the issue before I installed Workshop, so it isn't the problem either. CRP and IFS are eliminated.

Going to try the WarpDrive next, I think.

Edited by capi3101

Warp Drive isn't it either. That's a relief...at the same time, though, it doesn't leave a whole lot of other options.

000_ClickThroughBlocker
001_ToolbarControl
CommunityCategoryKit
Firespitter
KER
TriggerTech (KAC, TransferWindowPlanner)

CCK, perhaps? I have noted that certain parts (the Ponderosa in particular) are showing up in multiple places. The Ponderosa is also set up in my build where you can stuff Kerbals inside them while they aren't deployed; if I've read the release notes correctly, that shouldn't be happening. I have no earthly idea if/why that would also affect the Buckboards.

But, as I've become fond of saying of late, it's worth trying. Hopefully it doesn't break anything in the process.

EDIT: ...and that's a 'nope'.

Edited by capi3101

4 hours ago, DStaal said:

Just a comment to make sure Angel is aware: I noticed that KAS has fully depreciated the older version of KAS, and released the new version for 1.5.  I'm unsure if that will affect any of the pipes in this mod.

At the risk of derailing the thread - crap. Couldn't tell you how many of my craft use KAS parts...especially connector ports.

Out of ideas at this point. I think what I can do is save the Buckboards off of the example Buffalo craft as subassemblies; that'd at least get me some I could use for Equipment. If I can come up with any more ideas in the meantime, I'll let y'all know.

1 hour ago, capi3101 said:

At the risk of derailing the thread - crap. Couldn't tell you how many of my craft use KAS parts...especially connector ports.

I'm sure there's a way to work with it, and the new version allows you to have rigid, semi-rigid, and non-rigid connectors, so there's more options.  I just thought I should mention it to Angel so he can look at it while he's updating to 1.5 in case there's anything he needs to change - KAS (and KIS, which isn't even out yet for 1.5) is a major part of this mod.

25 minutes ago, DStaal said:

I'm sure there's a way to work with it, and the new version allows you to have rigid, semi-rigid, and non-rigid connectors, so there's more options.  I just thought I should mention it to Angel so he can look at it while he's updating to 1.5 in case there's anything he needs to change - KAS (and KIS, which isn't even out yet for 1.5) is a major part of this mod.

I expect changes with the new KAS. My guess is that old KAS won’t be compatible with new KAS, and with legacy KAS going away, you better de-link any parts attached with pipes or the Mineshaft before updating.

I think I may have found an issue. I was noticing my stock drills were digging up resources at about exactly 10% the advertised rate on the Mun. Realized that your resource harvester module does not accumulate or account for temperature. I think the drills patch should read.

@PART[RadialDrill,MiniDrill]
{
	!MODULE[ModuleOverheatDisplay]{}
	!MODULE[ModuleCoreHeat]{}

@MODULE[ModuleResourceHarvester]
	{
		@name = WBIGoldStrikeDrill
		@GeneratesHeat = false
	!TemperatureModifier{}
	!ThermalEfficiency{}
	}

@MODULE[ModuleAstroidDrill]
	{
		@Name = WBIGoldStrikeAsteroidDrill
		@GeneratesHeat = false
	!TemperatureModifier{}
	!ThermalEfficiency{}
	}

MODULE
	{
		name = WBIEfficiencyMonitor
		efficiencyType = extractionModifier
		efficiencyGUIName = Extraction Rate
	}

MODULE:NEEDS[BARIS]
	{
		name = ModuleQualityControl
		quality = 100
		mtbf = 400
	}
}

I made myself a temporary MM patch that does the !TemperatureModifier and !ThermalEfficiency and it seems to work as expected. Wonder if maybe that patch should also be more general to grab anything with ModuleResourceHarvester HarvesterType=0 and ModuleAsteroidDrill. That way it would also grab the surface drills from KPBS (and others).

1 hour ago, helaeon said:

I think I may have found an issue. I was noticing my stock drills were digging up resources at about exactly 10% the advertised rate on the Mun. Realized that your resource harvester module does not accumulate or account for temperature. I think the drills patch should read.

@PART[RadialDrill,MiniDrill]
{
	!MODULE[ModuleOverheatDisplay]{}
	!MODULE[ModuleCoreHeat]{}

@MODULE[ModuleResourceHarvester]
	{
		@name = WBIGoldStrikeDrill
		@GeneratesHeat = false
	!TemperatureModifier{}
	!ThermalEfficiency{}
	}

@MODULE[ModuleAstroidDrill]
	{
		@Name = WBIGoldStrikeAsteroidDrill
		@GeneratesHeat = false
	!TemperatureModifier{}
	!ThermalEfficiency{}
	}

MODULE
	{
		name = WBIEfficiencyMonitor
		efficiencyType = extractionModifier
		efficiencyGUIName = Extraction Rate
	}

MODULE:NEEDS[BARIS]
	{
		name = ModuleQualityControl
		quality = 100
		mtbf = 400
	}
}

I made myself a temporary MM patch that does the !TemperatureModifier and !ThermalEfficiency and it seems to work as expected. Wonder if maybe that patch should also be more general to grab anything with ModuleResourceHarvester HarvesterType=0 and ModuleAsteroidDrill. That way it would also grab the surface drills from KPBS (and others).

That’s actually not a bug. I’ve had too many problems with bases overheating for no good reason after leaving them for a few days, so I got rid of the heating mechanic. Nowadays I use BARIS to simulate wear and tear instead.