[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

Angelo Kerman

@MSA The WBI mods add their own category under Pods, Payload, Aero... Most of their parts only appear in their new categories. Also be sure you have a proper version of MM. Be sure to install all the other things in a WBI download. They are important.

52 minutes ago, MSA said:

I tried installing. I didn't see anything in VAB. is that something to do with not having KIS and KAS installed?

See @JadeOfMaar's post above. Pathfinder also lists KAS and KIS as dependencies (as per the original post), so you will need them to make full use of the mod. The other mods listed in the original post of this thread are all optional, but they do add quite a bit of fun to the whole experience, IMHO. 

Pathfinder (like most mods) comes with MM bundled. 4.0.2 is the latest version of Module Manager; I don't recall if that's the version bundled with the latest version Pathfinder or not. Pretty sure it is.

You might double-check to see that you don't have multiple MM versions installed. If you do, clear the cache files and just keep the latest version you've got. Or go get 4.0.2 manually. Whatever works.

Edited by capi3101

10 minutes ago, MSA said:

Soooo I delete my MM ( if I still have it ) and use the one bundled with pathfinder? :confused:

You just need to have the most recent one, whether it's from the Pathfinder bundle, downloaded straight from the MM Github, or from where it was included in another mod. ModuleManager 4.0.2 is what you want.

So get the latest module managers, but is it fine if there is more them one? And if the mm is inside a different folder, take it out?

1 minute ago, MSA said:

So get the latest module managers, but is it fine if there is more them one? And if the mm is inside a different folder, take it out?

No.  Only one, and it should be in the root of the GameData folder.  (And the GameData folder should not contain any GameData folders...)

To recap. If there is a module manager in any other mods, take them out. The module manager should not be in the mod folders but in the main GameData folder. Is this right? I am VERY confused.:confused:

2 hours ago, MSA said:

To recap. If there is a module manager in any other mods, take them out. The module manager should not be in the mod folders but in the main GameData folder. Is this right? I am VERY confused.:confused:

Pretty much. Here's a visual of the innards of my own GameData folder:

Tbk9NNz.png

I hope that's helpful to you. And if I personally have written anything at all on this thread that has confused you, please accept my sincere apologies.

4 hours ago, capi3101 said:

Pretty much. Here's a visual of the innards of my own GameData folder:

Tbk9NNz.png

I hope that's helpful to you. And if I personally have written anything at all on this thread that has confused you, please accept my sincere apologies.

So I did all this. Made sure to delete the MM from all my other mods, re-named the GameData folder to WBI ( the pathfinder one ) but the parts just don't want to show up! :huh:

2 minutes ago, MSA said:

So I did all this. Made sure to delete the MM from all my other mods, re-named the GameData folder to WBI ( the pathfinder one ) but the parts just don't want to show up! :huh:

Never ever rename folders or change the paths.

1 minute ago, goldenpsp said:

Never ever rename folders or change the paths.

This. Very much this.

Would you mind posting a screenshot of your GameData directory?

Edited by capi3101

21 minutes ago, MSA said:

Here

http://imgur.com/bxSWiXJ

still new to images

unsure what those other "gamedata-13" folders are but I'm sure they are not correct. Additionally you cannot rename folders such as what you did with WBI and expect them to work.  Lastly you cannot change the paths and expect things to work.

Edited by goldenpsp

4 minutes ago, MSA said:

The other GameData folders are for KIS and KAS. I don't think I changed the paths though. Correct me if I'm wrong 

That is changing the path. You should not have nested gamedata folders.  If a mod zip file has a gamedata folder you put the contents of that gamedata folder into yours

For example it should not be gamedata\gamedata\kis it should be just gamedata\kis 

@MSA Whenever you see a GameData folder in a zip, it is to provide a reference point for where to place the zip's contents in the real GameData folder. If there isn't a GameData folder, assume that the top-most folder (the one with the full name of the mod like WildBlueIndustries and with no version numbers in the name) goes into GameData. As you are supposed to have:

• GameData/WildBlueIndustries/Pathfinder/
  • GameData/WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/

No other GameData folder should exist so GameData-13 and GameData-14 need to be taken care of.

Slowly making progress on the printer...

xSyd1kw.png

I pretty much allocated all of March to get this done. :) I figure it'll mass about 3.5 tonnes or so, and it's fairly large, which should make it somewhat of a challenge to transport to the desired site. But hey, you'll get the ability to make bases and vessels without the need for kerbals on site. :)

It's probably been explained but whenever I try to extend a module, it always says that I need 300 rocket parts. I know that there is a cheat menu but I don't know what key to press to pull it up.

9 minutes ago, MSA said:

It's probably been explained but whenever I try to extend a module, it always says that I need 300 rocket parts. I know that there is a cheat menu but I don't know what key to press to pull it up.

Let me google that for you...

I know about that one. I'm talking about the one for pathfinder. I think you are able to control if the inflatable parts to open with rocket parts?

Edited by MSA